eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh, Nice. But not the real stadium names?

You can change the name of fake stadiums that are similar to the real ones.

After reading several pages on this thread, I dont know if I should be excited or worry about Pes 2020 lol. I havent played Pes since Pes 6, so I were pretty hyped about the new game which imo looks amazing. I will wait for reviews, and decide on either Pes 19 or 20 if they're basically the same..

We are critical of the game because we know every single flaw in every single Pes, but even Pes 2019 has several good elements and it can enjoyable, especially at lower difficulties. I know many people coming to Pes from Fifa after several years break and they actually enjoyed it more than the hardcore Pes fans buying the game year after year.

I personally am worried about Pes 2020 because i see no real improvements in AI behaviour from the few E3 vs COM videos, but can't really say for sure until i try the demo. I suggest you to do the same.

First thing stadium wise that needs to be done is unlock regions for ML.
Me as a European ML career guy can't use 10-15 really good stadiums from South America in my ML.
Which is just beyond stupid,mainly because I can use any stadium for any team ,just need to be in the right region.

I'm certainly no expert on the subject, but I'm sure people who actually sell their Option Files would be breaching it somewhere, as they're actually making money off someone else's intellectual property.
Thats why I think its bullshit.. Option Files are surely more suspicious than pixel editor on the jerseys. You could potentially write Rakuten on it, but you could also draw a penis.. :LOL:
besides - what you do there is purely and solely for your own viewing..
Im not buying removal of pixel editor on the jerseys because of copyrights.
It was such a little thing yet so important, especially for Xbox people.
With a little patience and creativity we wouldnt need Option Files.

Thats why I think its bullshit.. Option Files are surely more suspicious than pixel editor on the jerseys. You could potentially write Rakuten on it, but you could also draw a penis.. :LOL:
besides - what you do there is purely and solely for your own viewing..
Im not buying removal of pixel editor on the jerseys because of copyrights.
It was such a little thing yet so important, especially for Xbox people.
With a little patience and creativity we wouldnt need Option Files.
Especially since I liked creating kits that way,so fkin stupid

Allowed by whom exactly.

It's a result of the licensing restrictions by EA. Look at the max amount of teams they've had over the last few years from each of these leagues.

PES is restricted by FIFPro, except when talking about exclusive licenses (like LigaMX in FIFA or RPFL in PES). PES can't have a (playable) Bundesliga league because Bundesliga is not a part of FIFPro (EA bypasses this by direct exclusive licensing with the league). This differs when talking about "Manager" or "Card Games", like PES CARD COLLECTION.

PES is restricted by FIFPro, except when talking about exclusive licenses (like LigaMX in FIFA or RPFL in PES). PES can't have a (playable) Bundesliga league because Bundesliga is not a part of FIFPro (EA bypasses this by direct exclusive licensing with the league). This differs when talking about "Manager" or "Card Games", like PES CARD COLLECTION.

They could still create a "German League" and put the 3 official teams in it with 15 fake teams. That can't be forbidden?!

They could still create a "German League" and put the 3 official teams in it with 15 fake teams. That can't be forbidden?!
It is, as Konami can use real players if they are in a league or national team covered by FIFPro. That's why they can have unlicensed teams with licensed players. Bundesliga are not part of FIFPro therefore none of the players can be in PES unless an individual team is licensed directly by Konami or the players appear for their national team that are in PES.

If they called a fake league the German league then that would be a direct attempt to breach copyright, even if all the players were fake.

That would mean we would have 15 fake teams full of fake players as german league players are not part of this license.. whatever its name is.. so kinda pointless, isnt it?

Not really pointless since the editors would have a better base and the PEU league would be free for other leagues.

@NIK778899 : I was talking about fake teams AND fake players.

Not really pointless since the editors would have a better base and the PEU league would be free for other leagues.

@NIK778899 : I was talking about fake teams AND fake players.
Surely we’re just nitpicking now?

Out of everything modders create every year, renaming a League has got to be the easiest task of the lot.

A league of entirely fake teams and players with nothing but ‘German’ in its title achieves literally nothing as you’ll be renaming it Bundesliga anyway.

Edit:
@Lons when did Konami turn down having the Bundesliga? Never read that myself, be interesting to know what the story is there.

It's not hard to be skeptical with konami, being a believer is way harder
So sad that everyone is like this. The improvements between PES19 and PES20 will be greater than those between PES16 and PES19, just watch

So sad that everyone is like this. The improvements between PES19 and PES20 will be greater than those between PES16 and PES19, just watch
I guess everyone is like this because we've been struggling for a whole console generation to have a decent PES (btw current generation is almost finished), whereas it took normally a couple of years in previous generations.

That's a bold statement, what makes you say that? The improvements between PES 2016 and 2017 were pretty big to start with!

I heard they can use Bundesliga, if they don’t sell the game in Germany. I think that’s how Football Manager was able to use it all this time.

It doesn't differ though setup wise.
What differs is that the Bundesliga gives out certain styles of licenses

1 Simulation football game license (fifa)
And since last year 2 Manager football game license

Konami aqcuired this Manager football game license so they could work on their relationship with them plus put the bundesliga licensed in a game where you do not play yourself.

And that is what happened :) Still aqcuired by licensing agreements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom