eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
real football fans want to play football(outside) and when they cant do that next best thing is a video game where you pick real teams with real squads for authenticity.

dream teams is a fad that kids and now geek adults have picked up and its ruining pes.

The majority of "real football fans" don't even play videogames. I'd drop this silly "my mode is less geeky than your mode" argument if I was in you. Every mode has it's own dignity and everyone is entitled to play whatever he prefers without you coming here and call names.

i am the one that logged on to 16 notifications. is geek really calling names? if offended i take it back

regardless those that play with fantasy squads are not real fans of the sport and holding pes back IMO

The majority of "real football fans" don't even play videogames. I'd drop this silly "my mode is less geeky than your mode" argument if I was in you. Every mode has it's own dignity and everyone is entitled to play whatever he prefers without you coming here and call names.

This is wrong. Master league was born at its core as a "dream team" mode. Would you say Master League has ruined Pes?

Wanting to build a dream team is not wrong, the predatory microtransactions and lootboxes are the wrong part of Myclub and FUT.

I guess you would also say that online ruined Pes, that is not true either. Online modes are such a wonderful way to engage people and let them have fun. Both online and offline can coexist and be both great.

lmao please read thread before jumping in

lmao please read thread before jumping in

That was my answer not directed to you but to everyone saying that online has ruined Pes.

That aside, what do you think about Master League? Isn't Master League a create your dream team mode?

i only play human vs human or ONLINE. So stop talking to me about it please

master league was fun as a kid, but i grew up and its not for me any more for 2 reasons

1) no fun beating AI
2)fantasy element doesnt really do it for me as i got older

but master league fine it still has fans keep it whatever, but now we have myclub and FUT which is pathetic imo. YT opening packs and people watching,sad imo. also its gambling too.

fans are ignoring a football game to focus on colelctable aspect which i find ridiculous. especially on a pes forum you would expect talk of "oh chelsea are my pes team, kante so good in the tackle and i use david luiz to stride up pitch and release to willian or hazard on wing, i like to put crosses in for giroud to knock down to pedro who i use as my poacher"

instead its "omg jihn terry has regenned" or "no relegation to serie b" or "got ronaldo in my black ball today"

Konami suck but our fanbase dont help at times

just my opinion

That was my answer not directed to you but to everyone saying that online has ruined Pes.

That aside, what do you think about Master League? Isn't Master League a create your dream team mode?

Can we get back to PES 2020 new discussion now guys, we've let the above discussion run its course now (start a new topic if you really want to).

Ok for me, but some guys really should stop acting like they are the only good Pes fans and the others are ruining Pes.
fine for me too to get back on topic. some guys should stop telling an online fan that he probably hates online loool

Im not into that license stuff but Euro would be great if they put some effort on presentation and commentaries.

Remember when these Euro/World Cup games/modes included the qualifying stages? Would be great if you could pick a team and start from the very beginning.

Didn't PES have the Euro 2016 license, albeit with many national teams unlicensed?

means nothing unless you go whole hog and change broadcast elements to differentiate it

also pes didnt even have some teams in the comp!

Pes Card Collection, a mobile game, already has Nations League license. Probably it's going to be that. It would be even better if it was coupled with Euro 2020, it would be great to have the two most important national teams tournaments in Europe.

Remember when these Euro/World Cup games/modes included the qualifying stages? Would be great if you could pick a team and start from the very beginning.

Didn't PES have the Euro 2016 license, albeit with many national teams unlicensed?

Came here to write this..

I'd love to have qualifiers back again, to have the Euro license and to start already from groups always feels generic to me.. you should have the possibility to do both imo.

Just skipped the last few pages (apologies) but i see the demo has the edit mode included. This could be advantageous,however with critical thinking applied,does this get us used to the new editor because we will be constantly editing our OF's after each update. :THINK::P

Copyrighted football stands :LMAO::LMAO: yeah, I'd like to see the legal problems Big Ant Studios faced for having an arena creator in AO Tennis, a game I'm enjoying very much. Truth is, they're either lazy or genuinely faced technological difficulties and can't get it done in Fox. Oh well, glad we have sider and we can add stadiums to our heart's content, although I'd like to be able to once again create my own stadiums for the fake teams that I replace.

He doesn't say directly that the stadium editor was removed due to licensing, the wording you highlight is extremely vague. May be I am too cynical but this excuse has been indirectly used for other things too.

A stadium creator wouldn't fall victim to that straight away imo, they have a fair few generic stadiums in the game and I'm sure they could add more if they wanted.
If you wanted to make generic stadiums that’s fair enough, but wanting PES to have one which is anything other than absolute bare bones just won’t ever happen.

It’s the same reason why they don’t have a boot editor anymore, or let you make a logo from simple shapes. They’ll just get slapped with copyright claims from companies far bigger than Konami.

Someone mentioned that this kind of editing is available for CODs emblem/banner maker? Absolutely right, but there’s no money to be lost when someone creates a random banner with a Nike tick on it, but there absolutely is when recreating an entire years worth of licensed Nike products (kits, boots etc). I mean c’mon, we talk about licences every year. This is all comes under the same umbrella.

@pacpes
Not sure what the joke is? You think if Konami had a replica of Old Trafford in the game, imitating the property of a company worth over £3bn but were only missing the names and logos that that they wouldn’t get in trouble for it? That’s just utterly naive.

Last edited:
The fact we're most likely going to get these 3 new stadiums with the high fidelity recreation of Konami's lastest technologies regarding stadiums, is actually exciting. The player entrance tunnels, the exterior views, etc really add up to the immersion pre-match. Bad news is we're probably getting these stadiums with the 2nd DLC.

Also could be considered as bad news the fact that in the past 3 years we lost Wanda Metropolitano, Signal Iduna Park and now Anfield. So the joy is never complete. Specially for the guys playing on consoles.

4CR0Jo5v.png

Sorry for the hi-jack, but what are we discussing? That in a game, where by importing images-patches, we have technically violated trillions of copyrighted material over the last 16 years, a bunch of parts of concrete blocks is restricted due to copyrights? While in the same year it is advertised that you can edit pressrooms abd add your own Sponsorlogo, violating copyrighted content from first hand.
And you/they expect us to believe it? Isn't this an attack against the common sense and the average homo-sapiens IQ?

Excuse me, but i'll will stick with the excuse we had from Bhatti until last year, that it was removed cause it was a less used feature and that it was not asked from people in tge surveys . It was cheap but this new version, of the "no stadium editor" excuse sounds much cheaper.
And you dare even to exile those, who tell that the parts in stadium editor were generic and not iconic , so a similarity issue can hardy claimed.
If you have ever played pes2011-2013, the parts were some generic roofs, stands,fences etc. Who the heck will sue you for using generic blocks? Ytong and Ideal Standard? Then these dudes that created "Minecraft " must be in jail for life sentences, due to almost any possible protected by copyright image on universe has been recreated and violated from kids playing it.

Yeah, PES 2016. And it was so disapointing it would've been done justice just leaving it with EA. some Nations were unlicensed, Did have any of the stadiums for the tournament apart from Stade de France, No qualification mode. I think they actually wanted to charge money for this DLC too but due to the outdated squads debable on launch, they opted to give away the Euro 2016 DLC for free as an apology. They would still sell physical Euro 2016 editions of PES 2016 though.

Also could be considered as bad news the fact that in the past 3 years we lost Wanda Metropolitano, Signal Iduna Park and now Anfield. So the joy is never complete. Specially for the guys playing on consoles.
This is the bitter-sweetness about PES this gen and with the save one, kill one mentality of licenses now.

I may pick it up on PC this year after the incredible support PES 2019 got for modding and stadiums. At least the stadium assets this gen go to some good use.

Yeah, PES 2016. And it was so disapointing it would've been done justice just leaving it with EA. some Nations were unlicensed, Did have any of the stadiums for the tournament apart from Stade de France, No qualification mode. I think they actually wanted to charge money for this DLC too but due to the outdated squads debable on launch, they opted to give away the Euro 2016 DLC for free as an apology. They would still sell physical Euro 2016 editions of PES 2016 though.

This is the bitter-sweetness about PES this gen and with the save one, kill one mentality of licenses now.

I may pick it up on PC this year after the incredible support PES 2019 got for modding and stadiums. At least the stadium assets this gen go to some good use.

Yeah, I'd recommend everybody who's got the resources to build a high-end PC to get it on that platform.
Because by the looks of it, we'll be able to carry over everything we've done for 2019 to 2020 in little to no time, same engine, same structure, same everything. We already have something around 200 stadiums-

Yeah, I'd recommend everybody who's got the resources to build a high-end PC to get it on that platform.
Because by the looks of it, we'll be able to carry over everything we've done for 2019 to 2020 in little to no time, same engine, same structure, same everything. We already have something around 200 stadiums-
Yeah hopefully all that work won't go to waste like it for '18. I brought PES 2018 on PC and it being the first one to match the console version in terms of fidelity only to find out, It broke all the mods and stadiums from the previous year.

I brought '19 on PS4 only to find the modding support was huge... :CONF:

Sorry for the hi-jack, but what are we discussing? That in a game, where by importing images-patches, we have technically violated trillions of copyrighted material over the last 16 years, a bunch of parts of concrete blocks is restricted due to copyrights? While in the same year it is advertised that you can edit pressrooms abd add your own Sponsorlogo, violating copyrighted content from first hand.
And you/they expect us to believe it? Isn't this an attack against the common sense and the average homo-sapiens IQ?

Excuse me, but i'll will stick with the excuse we had from Bhatti until last year, that it was removed cause it was a less used feature and that it was not asked from people in tge surveys . It was cheap but this new version, of the "no stadium editor" excuse sounds much cheaper.
And you dare even to exile those, who tell that the parts in stadium editor were generic and not iconic , so a similarity issue can hardy claimed.
If you have ever played pes2011-2013, the parts were some generic roofs, stands,fences etc. Who the heck will sue you for using generic blocks? Ytong and Ideal Standard? Then these dudes that created "Minecraft " must be in jail for life sentences, due to almost any possible protected by copyright image on universe has been recreated and violated from kids playing it.
Yes, this is exactly what we were discussing.

https://gizmodo.com/the-end-of-all-...7.1328254475.1529328353-2062029612.1496787658
https://www.kotaku.co.uk/2018/06/22...could-cause-problems-for-fan-content-in-games

European Parliament have already voted on a directive to 'tackle' copyrighted user content in games, and as you mentioned it, Minecraft is mentioned right at the top. So the idea of developers no longer including tools for user-created content isn't as stupid as you think.

If I was Konami there's no way would I waste any time and money developing any new editing tools right now. I'd be leaving 2020's editing exactly as it is.

Yes, this is exactly what we were discussing.

https://gizmodo.com/the-end-of-all-...7.1328254475.1529328353-2062029612.1496787658
https://www.kotaku.co.uk/2018/06/22...could-cause-problems-for-fan-content-in-games

European Parliament have already voted on a directive to 'tackle' copyrighted user content in games, and as you mentioned it, Minecraft is mentioned right at the top. So the idea of developers no longer including tools for user-created content isn't as stupid as you think.

If I was Konami there's no way would I waste any time and money developing any new editing tools right now. I'd be leaving 2020's editing exactly as it is.
This EU directive is from July 2018. The stadium creator is removed since PES2014 winter of 2013. It is 5 years before the law. Which is not even still started functioning 100%, today and it affects only EU at the moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: OBH
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom