eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sceptical you didn't read the article that's true. Maybe if you could point out the part that directly relates to the stadium creator and licensing after you've read it.

I am very sceptical of Konami in general over the last few years that is true. I don't think I'm alone there though.

I can tell you're getting a bit frustrated but just going on what I have read and seen over the years, don't take it so personally.
Also I really don't think that Konami would keep away such a great feature like stadium creator which the fans loved if they didn't have a valid reason.

I don’t know what company you work for, but you can’t copyright the stadium creator feature. Adam already said something about resources limitation and it isn’t as easy as it was in PES 2013 to make. I don’t think they will use their copyrights of the stadiums they own as options. They will have to start from scratch which unfortunately they don’t want to do.
Look at what @loco commented I agree

Also I really don't think that Konami would keep away such a great feature like stadium creator which the fans loved if they didn't have a valid reason.

Fans would love 2nd GK kits but doubt we'll ever see them again.

The dev team is apparently a lot smaller now than it was back in the days of PES 2013, although it's not something I've looked into, just seen it mentioned on here quite a few times.

I honestly believe it's just not a big priority for them, which is fair enough. There are probably hundreds if not thousands of ideas they've got, but many just not high enough priority.

The online stuff is such high margin stuff when it comes to profit. An ingame stadium editor is probably one of the hardest things for them to develop, and is it really going to generate that much more money for them? Very unlikely to be honest.

Fans would love 2nd GK kits but doubt we'll ever see them again.

The dev team is apparently a lot smaller now than it was back in the days of PES 2013, although it's not something I've looked into, just seen it mentioned on here quite a few times.

I honestly believe it's just not a big priority for them, which is fair enough. There are probably hundreds if not thousands of ideas they've got, but many just not high enough priority.

The online stuff is such high margin stuff when it comes to profit. An ingame stadium editor is probably one of the hardest things for them to develop, and is it really going to generate that much more money for them? Very unlikely to be honest.
2nd GK might be coming I think!

Hope so, it's one of those minor issues that would actually really improve the game.

Since they sorted the limit for number of leagues maybe increasing the number of kit slots was a knock on affect from that.
This I do think is sheer laziness on Konami's part. They could easily allow 6 player and 2 goalkeeper kits at least.

What more they could add?
Aside of Stadium Creator?
Well, lets see..

- custom sponsor creator on kits, that they took away. So you could "draw" or create your own sponsor on the jerseys. Like you know - for Xbox people, so their kits wouldnt look like they were from 90's..
Hey! 90s kits were great! Not like default PES kits lol.

Maybe you should read it then.
Tbf to the guy, it does say what he said it says...

Bhatti described the loss of the stadium editor - much loved by fans - as "the biggest hit".

"I can't go into it, but this in particular has made the team realise more than ever about acquiring licensing, and we're determined to fight back in this regard next year. If things are removed from edit mode because of licensing each year, it would rip out the soul of PES, and we must not let that happen."

How much stock you put in the words of AB is another issue, but it's the closest to a horse's mouth, and what he said there seems pretty suggestive.

Edit: interestingly, the full text from Adam is pasted in this old thread: #9970

Last edited:
So it’s official Juventus, Man U and Bayern in PES 20. Someone earlier in the thread told me it’s not happening, guess what! It is, it’s just a matter of days they announce them.

Yep but they lose money of PES every year for the last few years. So no it's not a myth, the PES branch of Konami does have limited resources, while maybe the Metal Gear Solid one doesn't.
Got figures to back up that claim?

If Bhatti says they are then they are. And Italian first division will be in demo
Again, source? They've released the six leagues that are in the demo and Italian isn't in.

So it’s official Juventus, Man U and Bayern in PES 20. Someone earlier in the thread told me it’s not happening, guess what! It is, it’s just a matter of days they announce them.
I wouldn't get carried away until announced. Apply the Lygaard's Shoes rule and wait for official confirmation

Hello guys! I'm new to this forum. I've been a big Pes fan from back in the PS2 days, but been out of the game ever since Pes 6. I've been craving some football and wanted to play Pes. From you who has been playing Pes in the latest years, is this years Pes worth being excited for? I haven't seen any in depth videos of the game, other than the trailer. Pes 2019 looks like it got great reviews, but what does this community think of it, and does Pes 2020 improve things from last years entry?

It wasn't picture perfect in PES 2011-13 at all, but was certainly a good feature. Think it would still be well appreciated now, even if the focus is more on online now.
Just to quickly mention the stadium editor:
The problem isn't the editor itself is copyrighted, it's the assets used within it.
If, for example, Liverpool were not a PES partner so Anfield wasn't in the game, they wouldn't be able to include assets within the editor that look like the Kop as it's those which would be copyrighted.

So if they can't include parts of stadiums that mimic real life ones, to be honest, what would even be the point of the editor?

I think it was @Chris Davies who mentioned in another thread about a potential law change to 'user created copyright law'. A stadium editor would fall victim to that straight away.

@Ole92
Just go back through this thread.

Hello guys! I'm new to this forum. I've been a big Pes fan from back in the PS2 days, but been out of the game ever since Pes 6. I've been craving some football and wanted to play Pes. From you who has been playing Pes in the latest years, is this years Pes worth being excited for? I haven't seen any in depth videos of the game, other than the trailer. Pes 2019 looks like it got great reviews, but what does this community think of it, and does Pes 2020 improve things from last years entry?
Welcome to evoweb :)

The problem isn't the editor itself is copyrighted, it's the assets used within it.
If, for example, Liverpool were not a PES partner so Anfield wasn't in the game, they wouldn't be able to include assets within the editor that look like the Kop as it's those which would be copyrighted.

So if they can't include parts of stadiums that mimic real life ones, to be honest, what would even be the point of the editor?

I think it was @Chris Davies who mentioned in another thread about a potential law change to 'user created copyright law'. A stadium editor would fall victim to that straight away.

@Ole92
Just go back through this thread.

That still doesn't make sense to me. They could easily get around that by adding basic lines and shapes or a freeform editor and letting the user 'draw' the parts separately.

I think it's just another Fox engine limitation personally. I might be mistaken but when PES 14 came along we lost about 35 stadiums as well as the stadium editor.

That still doesn't make sense to me. They could easily get around that by adding basic lines and shapes or a freeform editor and letting the user 'draw' the parts separately.
Realistically how would a freeform editor work? Bearing in mind they only have a controller to work with and they'd still need to make it simple 3nough for anyone to use, not just those with the skills to do it.

I'm far from a Konami apologist but I think people are asking too much from them with suggestions like that. There's plenty more they can do (custom adboards etc) but they did the best they could with the stadium editor but had to play it safe licensing-wise. A freeform editor for console is unrealistic.

Reactions: OBH
I don't say they should never release it, just that releasing it this early is a self-defeating endeavour. It hasn't helped in previous years and I suspect it won't help this year. Do the developers really want to be showing their work so early on? Or are they being ordered to by higher ups who think it's a good marketing ploy.

But it's not that early. It's one month before release date. Who cares why they are releasing the demo early, i only care about the final code and i don't really think Konami can be influenced by feedback in both positive and negative ways.

As i said, they are more than capable to ruin their own games without listening to anyone.

Remember Spanish and Italian D2 removal, remember magic shoes in Master League, remember removing stadium editor, remember league mode removed in Pes 2013.

Realistically how would a freeform editor work? Bearing in mind they only have a controller to work with and they'd still need to make it simple 3nough for anyone to use, not just those with the skills to do it.

I'm far from a Konami apologist but I think people are asking too much from them with suggestions like that. There's plenty more they can do (custom adboards etc) but they did the best they could with the stadium editor but had to play it safe licensing-wise. A freeform editor for console is unrealistic.
it worked!
not freeform but single aspects and parts can be edited. and a lot more could be done on a console using a controller.

edit: i would love something like this to come to PES!!
leave all the licensed stuff out, just gimme "blocks" to add/rotate/stack together..., colouring options,...

Tbf to the guy, it does say what he said it says...

How much stock you put in the words of AB is another issue, but it's the closest to a horse's mouth, and what he said there seems pretty suggestive.

Edit: interestingly, the full text from Adam is pasted in this old thread: #9970

He doesn't say directly that the stadium editor was removed due to licensing, the wording you highlight is extremely vague. May be I am too cynical but this excuse has been indirectly used for other things too.

A stadium creator wouldn't fall victim to that straight away imo, they have a fair few generic stadiums in the game and I'm sure they could add more if they wanted.

Switch to PC guys! Stadiums, kits, adborads, overlays, faces, chants! We all float down here!

Stephen-King-s-IT-stephen-kings-it-40794430-500-257.gif

Pes 2013 on PS3 we had it as well. Maybe it comes on Pes 2020 on PS4.

Last edited:
Would you have a different opinion if it was like Master League Online where you could buy/sell players rather than get superstars through card-packs and microtransactions?

If we're playing a football game it's all fantasy, whether you're making Liverpool play a 5-4-1 and play possession football, or playing as Liverpool with "Classic Owen" up-front. So as others have said, using the term "grown men" is a bit silly. We're all grown men and here we are discussing the development of a video game... because we're enthusiasts.
real football fans want to play football(outside) and when they cant do that next best thing is a video game where you pick real teams with real squads for authenticity.

dream teams is a fad that kids and now geek adults have picked up and its ruining pes.

Have you played Lego Worlds? Designed a logo on COD or a stadium on Ashes Cricket? It's not beyond the realms of my imagination personally but that was more of a speculative argument as I don't believe it's anything to do with licensing.

It's just too much of a coincidence that it disappeared when Fox was introduced along with 75% of the stadiums.

Last edited:
dream teams is a fad that kids and now geek adults have picked up and its ruining pes.

This is wrong. Master league was born at its core as a "dream team" mode. Would you say Master League has ruined Pes?

Wanting to build a dream team is not wrong, the predatory microtransactions and lootboxes are the wrong part of Myclub and FUT.

I guess you would also say that online ruined Pes, that is not true either. Online modes are such a wonderful way to engage people and let them have fun. Both online and offline can coexist and be both great.

Last edited:
This is exactly what you won't be able to do should a stadium editor return. It reminds me that in PES 5, Konami included a boot creator that featured the then unlicensed Nike & Puma assets allowing users to create boots not officially licensed in game. They did the same thing with strip editing too, distinctive kit templates hidden in the game that could be piece together like a jigsaw puzzle to create what would be a copyrighted kit design.

This was back in 2005 and i imagine it would've been a loophole back then but once copyright holders and lawyers became more savvy about copyrights being craftily hidden in video games, those workarounds disappeared, as did the unlicensed Bundesliga the following year.

But still, even a generic stadium editor would be useful like what we had from '11 - '13 to ease that burden of playing 37 games in The Konami stadium in ML.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom