eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the demo hitting so early, im wondering if Konami will infact take on criticism (re. bug issues or AI issues with widespread feedback) and be able to make changes prior to the 10th Sept release? How far out from release is the game pretty much 100% done code wise (and ready for production)??
Thats why I recon AI behaviour wont change after that. They might listen to feedback like
- its too fast/slow
- we need more fouls
- shots are too OP/ineffective
I can see them following up on things like this (hopefully not fucking everything up on the way), but digging into AI...? No chance.
Unless there are obvious bugs. But wouldnt they be noticed by now?

I think that we can only deduce that Serie A is licensed. Serie B might be unlicensed and just not appear in the demo, like the second Spanish league for example.
But that's the thing, the selling point of the demo is that we can edit all the unlicensed leagues ready for when the game comes out. Which by then, we can start Master League straight away because all the teams will be correct as the save file is transferable.

Now its case of edit a batch of leagues now, then when the game comes out spend another while updating the rest of the leagues they didn't give us in the demo in the first place. Why is Konami only providing half of the job?

So unless the demo gets an update after release (which I'm hoping for), we should be fairly sure that all serie A will have licensed teams and also need to expect a possibility we ain't getting Italian/Spanish D2 because why give us English D2 and not them (unless they are licensed which is then ok).

More fouls? That's not the feedback. More like too many fouls affecting the match fluidity.:COP:

Yes but only in the middle of the pitch! It's so frustrating, you get fouled left right and centre as long as its not on the edge of the penalty area or worse, inside it.

The result is the AI fouls you very frequently where there is nothing to foul for, ref blows up, three friggin cut scenes later then back to the game.

This is made worse by the fact that you need to move your hand to a 'special' button and press it like 5 times to get rid of the cut scenes and back to the game. This is just another reason I only play occasionally and for a short time.

Why we can't just press X or the button your finger is on to clear the cut scenes and replays you don't want to see I don't know.

This e-football or whatever its called will be the same, loads of meaningless fouls, horrible disruptive cut scenes, difficult hand movements and button presses on the controller to get rid of them, and then you will get battered, tripped, pushed, assaulted on the edge of the box or in it and nothing happens, ref waves play on.

So there will likely be no AI sending's off, no AI injuries, or human controlled ones either just like we have been served up for the last 10 years.

Please remember amongst all the hype and news that's came already and will come between the demo release and the full game, they are a con, they lie, they promise, they reveal and all this game is going to be is a patched up PES 2019 with a new broadcast camera. Not forgetting the bits they will remove, break or not deliver on at all.

Save your money for the reduced price version on the e-stores in the Christmas holiday period, this game has long since been a release day purchase, and I don't think this year will be any different.

But that's the thing, the selling point of the demo is that we can edit all the unlicensed leagues ready for when the game comes out. Which by then, we can start Master League straight away because all the teams will be correct as the save file is transferable.

Now its case of edit a batch of leagues now, then when the game comes out spend another while updating the rest of the leagues they didn't give us in the demo in the first place. Why is Konami only providing half of the job?

So unless the demo gets an update after release (which I'm hoping for), we should be fairly sure that all serie A will have licensed teams and also need to expect a possibility we ain't getting Italian/Spanish D2 because why give us English D2 and not them (unless they are licensed which is then ok).
Serie A will most likely be completely licensed. There is no chance that Spanish second division is or will be licensed within the next few years, as a result of EAs exclusivity. However, Italian second division is a future possiblity. However , Adam Bhatti explicitly stated that both the second Italian and Spanish division will return exactly the same as PES18, which means completely unlicensed.

Terrible idea to release a demo so early in my view. Being happy that you get to play the game sooner is short-sighted. It's going to be the same old story, people enjoy the demo and then it's an unrecognisable mess by release. For once they should try not even releasing a demo, keep the suspense/anticipation until the last moment. Don't suddenly alter your approach to the game because of demo feedback, most of which will be stupid crap from people who know nothing about football and don't care a jot about realism. We always have a tendency to assume that the chance to give feedback is a good thing, but it's really not when it is open to the masses and their approach is generally to "listen to the majority". The majority are morons. Stick to your philosophy and put all of your limited development man hours into releasing a polished final product, not having to worry about early public releases with edit modes included for crying out loud. Even if they've got demo releases down to a tee (which let's be honest is doubtful) it's still unrepresentative when released that early, which is traditionally the whole point of a "demo", to give you a solid idea of what you will be purchasing. Closed beta tests like EA does on the other hand would be quite different and potentially of value. Konami never ever learn.

Terrible idea to release a demo so early in my view. Being happy that you get to play the game so early is short-sighted. It's going to be the same old story, people enjoy the demo and then it's an unrecognisable mess by release. For once they should try not even releasing a demo, keep the suspense/anticipation until the last moment. Don't suddenly alter your approach to the game because of demo feedback, most of which will be stupid crap from people who know nothing about football and don't care a jot about realism. We always have a tendency to assume that the chance to give feedback is a good thing, but it's really not when it is open to the masses and their approach is generally to "listen to the majority". The majority are morons. Stick to your philosophy and put all of your limited development man hours into releasing a polished final product, not having to worry about early public releases with edit modes included for crying out loud. Even if they've got demo releases down to a tee (which let's be honest is doubtful) it's still unrepresentative when released that early, which is traditionally the whole point of a "demo", to give you a solid idea of what you will be purchasing. Closed beta tests like EA does on the other hand would be quite different and potentially of value. Konami never ever learn.
Demo at release day would be a better idea. We can still have a taste of what to expect before buying.

Terrible idea to release a demo so early in my view. Being happy that you get to play the game sooner is short-sighted. It's going to be the same old story, people enjoy the demo and then it's an unrecognisable mess by release. For once they should try not even releasing a demo, keep the suspense/anticipation until the last moment. Don't suddenly alter your approach to the game because of demo feedback, most of which will be stupid crap from people who know nothing about football and don't care a jot about realism. We always have a tendency to assume that the chance to give feedback is a good thing, but it's really not when it is open to the masses and their approach is generally to "listen to the majority". The majority are morons. Stick to your philosophy and put all of your limited development man hours into releasing a polished final product, not having to worry about early public releases with edit modes included for crying out loud. Even if they've got demo releases down to a tee (which let's be honest is doubtful) it's still unrepresentative when released that early, which is traditionally the whole point of a "demo", to give you a solid idea of what you will be purchasing. Closed beta tests like EA does on the other hand would be quite different and potentially of value. Konami never ever learn.

You know you can do refunds on almost any platform in 24 hours or so?

Bit weird, on one side they give us the edit mode to edit all the original stuff before the full version comes out, on the other side they don't include 2nd spanish league and italien leagues?

Bit weird, on one side they give us the edit mode to edit all the original stuff before the full version comes out, on the other side they don't include 2nd spanish league and italien leagues?
That leagues will be in full game, bhatti said d2 are come back, dont panic guys

This is what wrong with PES 2019 gameplay and really needs to be fixed because it's not a game of skills anymore which takes away the experience:

- played a game as Brazil vs Honduras in cup mode
- went up 2-0 after 50 minutes
- lost 4-2, Honduras scored immediately after I scored my second goal
- They scored 3 times in the last 15 minutes
- Played on superstar, but even then, with all respect, but they can"t be passing like Barcelona etc which they do in the game.

Sorry if i'm blunt but suggesting that they should not release a demo is the terrible idea. Closed beta tests are good but they are for very few people and not really useful as demos.

Besides, Konami never changed the final release code because of demo feedback, otherwise we would have much better release code, considering that the useful feedback people gave them based on demos is way more than the dumb feedback from casual gamers.

Acting like most of the people that are going to try the demo are casual idiots is wrong, because it's far from the truth.

I can guarantee you that even without a demo, even without demo feedback Konami is capable of ruining their own game. Look at the many times they took stupid decisions on their own.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if they have confirmed that demo offline exhibition will continue to be restricted 5 min matches? Personally I think they will to encourage gamers to play the demo online which will undoubtably have longer match length just like the lite version of previous Pes games.

Does anyone know if they have confirmed that demo offline exhibition will continue to be restricted 5 min matches? Personally I think they will to encourage gamers to play the demo online which will undoubtably have longer match length just like the lite version of previous Pes games.
I think that they will be. On PC of course this won't be such a problem, as it will be modded with Sider.

It would make a great EDIT MODE and HUGE step forward IF they added:
-Skan faces importer
-Balls importer via png files
-Banners importer via png files
-Chants importer via mp3 files
-Scoreboards and replay importer via png files.
-adboards importer via png files
-Stadium editor in particular not licensed stadia like Konami Stadium
Its so easy to add into the game but effect will be HUGE!

[Mod edit to make it clear this is a wishlist...]

Last edited by a moderator:
-Skan faces importer

Some of this is realistic, some of this not so much. I think balls and banners is definitely possible, adboards and faces is maybe possible, and chants and scoreboards not possible. Konami cannot restore the old stadium editor, but may add a few more customization features, like seat color (which we have right now).

Some of this is realistic, some of this not so much. I think balls and banners is definitely possible, adboards and faces is maybe possible, and chants and scoreboards not possible. Konami cannot restore the old stadium editor, but may add a few more customization features, like seat color (which we have right now).

Why adboards and chants it not possibile?Of course it is possible. All this terrible KONAMI adboards can be replace to realistic one like NIKE,SONY etc. Simple importer via png files like a kits.

-Skan faces importer

Thanks Chris ;)

Why adboards and chants it not possibile?Of course it is possible. All this terrible KONAMI adboards can be replace to realistic one like NIKE,SONY etc. Simple importer via png files like a kits.
Because they have limits on what they are allowed to customize. This is the same reason that there is not a full stadium editor, and it would be completely naive to think otherwise.

Reactions: OBH
That leagues will be in full game, bhatti said d2 are come back, dont panic guys

Is certainly a tad worrying that the Spanish 2nd division isn't editable in the demo (Italian leagues aren't there at all I don't think).

Just because Bhatti says they are back doesn't mean that they are sadly.

Limits in their stupid mind...
You're just being ridiculous about this mate. If they could have stadium editor in the game trust me they would as it's what they've said. But they can't and neither can they some of the other stuff we've mentioned. But if you think otherwise and that Konami is against it's players then fine

Is certainly a tad worrying that the Spanish 2nd division isn't editable in the demo (Italian leagues aren't there at all I don't think).

If Bhatti says they are then they are. And Italian first division will be in demo

Nah, people will just test the kits for La Liga 2 on the English division 2 teams that will be in the edit mode, and configure it all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom