eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stadium creator aside, what more new things can they add other than improving what they already have? That's a genuine question too, as I think it's got all the right things in it but they just need improving.

We've had the same 12 fonts for names and numbers for 10 years, so that'd be something I'd like to see changing and possibly bringing back the outline on them too.
What more they could add?
Aside of Stadium Creator?
Well, lets see..

- custom sponsor creator on kits, that they took away. So you could "draw" or create your own sponsor on the jerseys. Like you know - for Xbox people, so their kits wouldnt look like they were from 90's..
- second goalkeeper kit
- fake/editable D2 and ability to add this D2 to any league you want
- those 3 fake leagues? Increase the space, unlock them and allow people to add all 3 of them to the ML you're playing. I never play beyond Europe. Those two fake leagues are useless to me. Same goes to people playing South American ML or any other.
- if they cant do stadium creator - give us ability to customise the stadium. Seats, addboards, nets, turf.
- "apply to all" option. If you suspect that lowering/increasing certain stat will make the gameplay better - click "apply to all" players, so you dont have to edit hundreds.
- add/edit balls on consoles
- add/edit scoreboards on consoles
- add/edit logo on replays
- add chants on consoles

Just a few that came to mind. But I just woke up, so there might be more.

Does that mean they're licensed?

r2cxz.gif

Won't believe it til it's in front of me :)
Aka "been around the block before regarding Konami"

To be fair Adam Bhatti mentioned it during E3. And they on purpose played it down a bit, as they did not want to do any big "D2's are back" announcement. I think they kinda realised they made a BIG mistake last season on this..

Serie B and Spanish second division are not licensed. That was mentioned during E3. There could be many reasons that it is not in the edit mode in the demo. Most likely due to demo's naturally always being limited, due to filesize amongst other things.

mind you, in theory you could still work on Serie A & B stuff using the English div 1 & 2 teams just for testing, so its possible that Serie A & B can be ready for release via option files too, people can just test using the edit mode for Eng div 1 & 2 if u catch my drift :D

The number of fake leagues means great potential but - as someone who hates fake players and names and wants to get stuck into a ML as soon as - it might pose a problem! Before any of the aesthetic stuff, I've always seen the first step of editing any PES to be flushing all fake names and players out of the Master League. Give me the correct name for Guinea's third choice keeper ahead of any kit. But I guess I'm in the minority.

Always thought Konami could take more steps to owning option file editing, like developing programs and apps to make it easier, much like the community has done over the last 15 years.

Yes interesting that serie a & b is not there. Btw amazing move by Konami with the edit mode! Using the power of modding and community in advantage for the release.

It's a nice move, of course, it's the biggest demo i've seen in PES history. And it comes too early.
Konami seems so confident with the game. It feels it could be the true renaissance this year.

Pes Universe said they would take special care of classic teams nxt season.
My last wish it's we can use retro kits models. It would be the cherry on the top of cake.

mind you, in theory you could still work on Serie A & B stuff using the English div 1 & 2 teams just for testing, so its possible that Serie A & B can be ready for release via option files too, people can just test using the edit mode for Eng div 1 & 2 if u catch my drift :D
Exactly my thoughts too. I'm going to do some test editing first to make sure everything I plan on importing looks fine in-game so all of the kinks are ironed out for release day.

Well, lets see..

- custom sponsor creator on kits, that they took away. So you could "draw" or create your own sponsor on the jerseys. Like you know - for Xbox people, so their kits wouldnt look like they were from 90's..
- second goalkeeper kit
- those 3 fake leagues? Increase the space, unlock them and allow people to add all 3 of them to the ML you're playing. I never play beyond Europe. Those two fake leagues are useless to me. Same goes to people playing South American ML or any other.
- if they cant do stadium creator - give us ability to customise the stadium. Seats, addboards, nets, turf.
- "apply to all" option. If you suspect that lowering/increasing certain stat will make the gameplay better - click "apply to all" players, so you dont have to edit hundreds.
- add chants on consoles

Good list, although some does come under the "improve what they already have" bracket.

2nd goalkeeper kits is a massive bug bear of mine too. Literally no reason to not have them.

I do hope the match length in the demo isn't 5 minutes long again like last year.
I remember at the time thinking how strange it was as we'd had 10 minute matches in the demo for years........ turned out the shorter games were only added to mask the awful CPU A.i as much as possible.

They won't get away with that scam this year, first sign of 5min games and a red flashing light and blaring warning siren should be going off in everybodys mind. :LOL:

Regarding the EDIT MODE, for console (ps4) i hope they have reworked how the menu is functioning and its philosophy. I am not usually on, with the menu discussion regarding the design and the architecture, but the way it works is crucial for me. Everyone who has imported more than 900 kits, knows how painful is to scroll down 1 by 1 all the kit images, it takes almost close to 30-40 seconds, to work with a kit image till the bottom of the menu. Furthermore its linear philosophy must change to be more flexible, so for example when you have 900 kits and you want to change the kit of a team, that was imported in 350 slot, while you remove it, the next kit image you import should not stored in the same spot, as it does now. So you have not anymore to first track down the kits you wanna change. A less complicated tracking method or menu, should be available and not the current that you scroll down 1 by 1, searching your images.

Last edited:
To be fair Adam Bhatti mentioned it during E3. And they on purpose played it down a bit, as they did not want to do any big "D2's are back" announcement. I think they kinda realised they made a BIG mistake last season on this..
One of the bigger mistakes they've made.
Yeah I know they're back etc,but you know konami...

Will have ai under a microscope
this year when the demo hits.
Will they dribble/shoot/mix up their attack patterns this year?
If not, it's not being bought by me!
Ai behaviour like 17-18 it's ok by me since 19 was so under par
this Is my thoughts too.. Pes 18 seriously lacked fouls too. On 17 that is my goto game I see shots from distance, fouls the odd penalty and more importantly AI players like Hazard really stand out, dribbling past you and pulling off tricks as you would expect.

Yeah, let's hope they have addressed the restrictions on slots etc.
Let's hope so. They need to make sure they have enough room for all fake teams without having to compromise and use 1024x1024 kits, as they look terrible unless they're created at that size, which is something that 99% of us can't do.

this Is my thoughts too.. Pes 18 seriously lacked fouls too. On 17 that is my goto game I see shots from distance, fouls the odd penalty and more importantly AI players like Hazard really stand out, dribbling past you and pulling off tricks as you would expect.
Yes,the only reason om Not playing 17 right now (also My go to game) is that i like the ball physics on 18 more.
But 17 is a great game

They make ~$2 billion in revenue per year. The talk of Konami having limited resources is a myth.
Yep but they lose money of PES every year for the last few years. So no it's not a myth, the PES branch of Konami does have limited resources, while maybe the Metal Gear Solid one doesn't.

..wished Konami would finally bring back the ability to mix kit, shorts, n socks independently ala pes5...where a simple 2/2 home and away kit availability could lead to many combinations (8 i think). Perfect way to free up some slots if thats really an issue.

I’m more interested in the fact that there is no mention of Italian clubs. All edit mode demo leagues there are the same as all the unlicensed leagues in Pes2018 minus Juventus.

So surely we can deduce that all Serie A and Serie B are licensed teams in Pes2019 otherwise they would have included some remnants of unlicensed Italian clubs to edit in the demo.
I think that we can only deduce that Serie A is licensed. Serie B might be unlicensed and just not appear in the demo, like the second Spanish league for example.

Well, lets see..

- second goalkeeper kit
- add chants on consoles

Don’t expect too much because i wrote about these features for 10 years.

Stadium creator might be too optimistic, the contrast between fictional stadiums and real stadiums is already something that's quite obvious. What I would like to see is:
-more fictional stadiums
-''tiered'' stadiums, make it so that fictional stadiums have the same base but can be set to different capacities. Have three or four capacity options for all fake stadiums where you can add or remove stands or second/third rings.
-Options for decoration/advertisements. Let us add sponsor logos where currently the fake PES sponsors/Konami logos are. Even better if we can assign different decorations for different tournaments (CL, EL, whatever you can think of)

PES are really missing a lot of clues when it comes to customisation, it's not just about those who want to mod the game to make it look like a licensed game. People who play online and especially younger crowds would go crazy over easy customisation.

For many us of it's easy to find an option file somewhere and put it on a USB stick, but a lot of console users are intimidated when it comes to this sort of thing. Look at games such as NBA 2K and AO International Tennis, both have the option to download community content from within the game. If PES actually is intending to improve editing, this would be a massive step.

Yeah, they might adjust game speed, ball "freedom", fouls and physicality, or pass accuracy when the release hits the shelves.
So these things will have to be checked post release.

But AI behaviour will not change. If players dont stand out, dont do skills, dont shoot from distance, or you see any repetition in attack patterns or the way they shoot on goal - thats it. We're bolloxed. :LOL:

So everyone grab a microscope and test the shit out of it throughout August.

With the demo hitting so early, im wondering if Konami will infact take on criticism (re. bug issues or AI issues with widespread feedback) and be able to make changes prior to the 10th Sept release? How far out from release is the game pretty much 100% done code wise (and ready for production)??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom