eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Options files this year will release much yearly, a problem will be not being able to transfer players in-game from national teams and last year roster, a lot of duplicates will be present.

But it's a welcome addition, great decision.

I do wonder in what capacity we'll be able to edit. Wishful thinking for me is that it's only the team section as opposed to actually being able to edit players individually. I'm hoping it's that so they can show added variables. Them announcing editable sponsor backdrops scares me though, as it's not a big deal at all. Editable adboards would be worth talking about.

The choice of editing rival clubs is something I like in current PES games, I just wish we had more options like that to set for ourselves, not just for teams but for leagues and cups too. I doubt it would be hard to implement small things such as being able to assign final venues for cups.

Ultimately a lot of this won't matter if atmosphere isn't improved. The rival club thing is ok and the way it's currently presented in Master League isn't bad either but when actually playing the game it all disappears in thin air as it just feels like every other game you play except with more obvious scripting. When I play away against a rival, I want to hear my players getting boo's and whistles. I want to hear home fans applauding ironically when I misplace a pass that goes out of touch. Unfortunately this is a completely different matter...

What is the matter with 'The Eleven'? I read T-shirt stuffs and all. PES Universe's tweet changed suddenly from "Project 11" to T-shirts that I got confused. Haha. YouTube has mid-video ads, and PES Universe has mid-tweet ads.

The Eleven sounds like we'll be able to make a fantasy team( although a team must have more players), which is not a new thing. I can only think of players when I hear the word Eleven.

The Eleven is what you get on the pitch for PES 2020.

For PES 2021, it'll be The Ten but you will be able to make it Eleven if you preorder.

PS jokes aside, to me it feels like another gimmick (similar to the renaming to "efootball") but i'm prepared to be corrected once i see exactly what it is.

I've found this info:
Call me a cynic, but this sounds like a way to funnel microtransactions through the edit mode.

So long as it's not young kids* paying lots of money for sponsors n shit, I don't really mind. They'll need a digital revenue stream if loot boxes get banned more widely.

*let's face it, that's unlikely – most kids play FIFA, as the more popular/glossy game

..says 'includes online gameplay', hopefully this doesnt mean its like the 2018s beta where it was online only. Surely its offline as with most demos.

Cant beleive how soon this demo arrives...is this the earliest ever demo?? Could we posibly get a demo2 down the line as the release is out more than a month later??
Interesting demo news .. im pleasantly suprised.

Great choices they've made there too. We all know what those leagues become and the length of time it takes OF makers to edit them.

This is definitely a PR win for Konami and they deserve tons of credit. Let us just hope they don't do something to completely fuck it up!

It is a win indeed, though I do think our standards have probably steeped so low that we're prepared to give plaudits for fairly small things. Like, I'm very pleased they're doing this, but it's the sort of thing they could have included easily before now, just like countless things in-game (my bugbear: no proper filters for PA levels – but there's plenty of similar things).

..says 'includes online gameplay', hopefully this doesnt mean its like the 2018s beta where it was online only. Surely its offline as with most demos.
IIRC, the 2019 demo was both online and offline – I imagine it will be like that.

Pro tip: if you're happy playing manual (and they still haven't fixed the PA filter to make it strict), get yourself and a mate on another console to both choose manual passing/shooting and search for a match at the exact same time (with the filter on). Last year I managed to get matches with people I wanted to match with about 2/3 of the time!

Will 2020 finally be the game that features women's teams?
To be frank, i think Konami have limited resources as is, to also focus on putting womans teams in. Who'd play it anyways haha . I wonder what the % of females playing pes is?? And would these fans actually use these woman teams anyways?? Maybe??
Including maybe 8 of the top international teams from the WC2019 would be an idea.

I must say i did think that the womans teams in fifa16 did play better(more realistic pace wise and animationwise) than the mens team.

Last edited:
To be frank, i think Konami have limited resources as is, to also focus on putting womans teams in. Who'd play it anyways haha . I wonder what the % of females playing pes is?? And would these fans actually use these woman teams anyways?? Maybe??

I must say i did think that the womans teams in fifa16 did play better(more realistic pace wise) than the mens team.

Apart from females playing PES (or for that matter videogames), I think the most interest of using a women's team is found in men (who, generally speaking, are more prone to like videogames, sports and football than women). It still doesn't compete with the demand for the men's game of course.

The ladies game is getting better, more competitive and more exciting each season, and this year's world cup has been a superb tournament so far.

..i have enjoyed the womans wc2019.. i actually enjoy the slow pace and kinda being able to predict the next move or 2..and i do mean that in a sincere way. Anyways, would love to see pes2020 sponsorship all over the womans wc..itd be a good opportunity. Does fifa19/20 sponsorship feature much??if not yeah..Konami could get something out of it..and they do have a very talented womans team... created so many great chances..just couldn't finish... anyways...back on topic...

Will 2020 finally be the game that features women's teams?
I thought this was a throwback to one of the recent Eurogamer reviews where they brought this point up, out of nowhere really, as a negative. Seemed a stretch back then; think it still is, all considering.

Think it's a good way to go off topic, but I think PES needs to really focus on delivering a full product before embarking on more features and game modes. Someone was surely distracted at the start of PES 2019 when they missed the fact the CPU never shot in obvious positions and performed nothing but low crosses.

..exactly.. get the fundentals via gameplay n ai right first... really wished they got a guru like iniesta to sit through n watch many hours of p1 vs cpu games n give frank feedback. And for Konami to actually listen.

One thing i do commend Konami for is finally (with 18 n 19 n improving) getting the player physics n animations to a decent realistic standard. N with 19 getting the colour palettes n turf/stadiums looking much improved. Now with 20...just hoping its more steps fwd with AI n variations.

It is a win indeed, though I do think our standards have probably steeped so low that we're prepared to give plaudits for fairly small things. Like, I'm very pleased they're doing this, but it's the sort of thing they could have included easily before now, just like countless things in-game (my bugbear: no proper filters for PA levels – but there's plenty of similar things).
Absolutely, they could have done however this isn't something that the community had pushed for or ever even considered as an option before. It's outside of the box thinking from them and they do deserve the credit.

Call me a cynic, but this sounds like a way to funnel microtransactions through the edit mode.

So long as it's not young kids* paying lots of money for sponsors n shit, I don't really mind. They'll need a digital revenue stream if loot boxes get banned more widely.

*let's face it, that's unlikely – most kids play FIFA, as the more popular/glossy game
That's a good point you know, hadn't thought of that. I know it's not your favourite conspiracy theory, but could this 'The Eleven' thing and the connection to 'artists' to create custom content realte in some way to everyone's least favourite group of OF makers?

I do hope the match length in the demo isn't 5 minutes long again like last year.
I remember at the time thinking how strange it was as we'd had 10 minute matches in the demo for years........ turned out the shorter games were only added to mask the awful CPU A.i as much as possible.

Well, maybe I'm wrong. But what this suggest me is that maybe they finally really heard people who repeated for years and years that they do not need all the licenses in the world if they just give us a powerful edit mode.

Fingers crossed guys.. I'm not deluding myself but I'm also getting good vibes for the first time in years..

Well, I hope more features will be added to edit mode in PES 2020, it's been the same for like 5 or 4 years now

Well, I hope more features will be added to edit mode in PES 2020, it's been the same for like 5 or 4 years now
Stadium creator aside, what more new things can they add other than improving what they already have? That's a genuine question too, as I think it's got all the right things in it but they just need improving.

We've had the same 12 fonts for names and numbers for 10 years, so that'd be something I'd like to see changing and possibly bringing back the outline on them too.

Well, I don't think there's any other reason. I don't think there are any hidden motives or any incredible new features in it.
I HOPE I'm wrong though!
I wrote a lot to official Pes twitter account to add new feature in EDIT MODE like import banners via PNG files to make better presentation game and more realistic. Its so easy to make it and effect will be HUGE.

About demo :

Maybe this one is quiet new :

I’m more interested in the fact that there is no mention of Italian clubs. All edit mode demo leagues there are the same as all the unlicensed leagues in Pes2018 minus Juventus.

So surely we can deduce that all Serie A and Serie B are licensed teams in Pes2019 otherwise they would have included some remnants of unlicensed Italian clubs to edit in the demo.

They make ~$2 billion in revenue per year. The talk of Konami having limited resources is a myth.
Just because they make $$$ in revenue, doesnt mean they have the resources to work on many facets of the game or more importantly, use this revenue as an effective resource...

ill rephrase by saying, using their resources limited/or not, in the most effective way.

I’m more interested in the fact that there is no mention of Italian clubs. All edit mode demo leagues there are the same as all the unlicensed leagues in Pes2018 minus Juventus.

So surely we can deduce that all Serie A and Serie B are licensed teams in Pes2019 otherwise they would have included some remnants of unlicensed Italian clubs to edit in the demo.
No. Adam has already confirmed that the Italian and Spanish 2nds won't be licensed.
Serie A may have all licensed teams though, as they were only missing Juventus anway and if they've got them back then it should mean that they're all licensed.

Just because they make $$$ in revenue, doesnt mean they have the resources to work on many facets of the game or more importantly, use this revenue as an effective resource...

ill rephrase by saying, using their resources limited/or not, in the most effective way.
Completely agree with that.
Question is whether it's intentional or not.

Won't believe it til it's in front of me :)
Aka "been around the block before regarding Konami"

They are utterly incompetent but they are not so incompetent to say "sorry guys, we brought back Italian and Spanish D2s thanks to user feedback" live with thousands of people watching, repeating it every day they livestreamed and then not doing it.

There would be a huge backlash, much harsher than when they said D2 removals because "space issues".

It is a win indeed, though I do think our standards have probably steeped so low that we're prepared to give plaudits for fairly small things.

Like others already said credits where it's due. Did anyone expect them to include 14 teams, online and offline modes and also almost all fake leagues to edit and have a headstart when the final game will release?

It's not that we lowered standards, it's objectively great content and a great decision.

When i read complaints even when they do something positive i am disappointed because i only see a sense of entitlement. Criticism and feedback should be used wisely. Let them know when they messed up big time but also let them know when they have done good.

Last edited:
Yes interesting that serie a & b is not there. Btw amazing move by Konami with the edit mode! Using the power of modding and community in advantage for the release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom