eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are so naive mate...
I'm naive? You're talking to someone who works for a game development company and who knows that copyright limitations and trademarks. You're absolutely insane in your thinking and are living in your own little world.

Thank you mate for your support

Just hear the same excuses quite a lot. If copyright was such an issue then the in game editor wouldn't let you import your own kits. It's a lazy excuse, but to be honest if there was a stadium editor I think most people would be happy even if they weren't able to import their own adboards.

As for chants being copyrighted... :NO:

Just hear the same excuses quite a lot. If copyright was such an issue then the in game editor wouldn't let you import your own kits. It's a lazy excuse, but to be honest if there was a stadium editor I think most people would be happy even if they weren't able to import their own adboards.

As for chants being copyrighted... :NO:
So you're ignorant just like @Lons ? There are limitations to the copyright. Creating kits is ok, but stadiums is not. Is that straightforward enough because it's clearly been the case since late 2014?

I'm naive? You're talking to someone who works for a game development company and who knows that copyright limitations and trademarks. You're absolutely insane in your thinking and are living in your own little world.
What are you talking about? You are kidding? I’m right? Limitations for import adboards and chants? Chants importer was in Pes since 2009! Please stop. Im done.

New game engine nothing to do with it then?
Nope it has nothing to do with it. Engines have nothing to do with license restrictions. Laws and partnerships between organizations do, and the laws that we're discussing haven't changed.

What are you talking about? You are kidding? I’m right? Limitations for import adboards and chants? Chants importer was in Pes since 2009! Please stop. Im done.
Oh sorry I didn't realize that it was 2009 :LMAO:. The graphics must have evolved a ton over the last year and the iPhone jumped forward quite a few model numbers:LMAO:. In all reality though in 2014 EA signed exclusive partnerships with many leagues . And part of these partnerships stated that other companies such as Konami are limited in what extent they let users recreate such teams and leagues. That is why the full stadium editor disappeared around PES2014. But some other things that you mentioned might be ok within those regulations, but at least some of them probably aren't anymore.

Sorry if i'm blunt but suggesting that they should not release a demo is the terrible idea. Closed beta tests are good but they are for very few people and not really useful as demos.

I don't say they should never release it, just that releasing it this early is a self-defeating endeavour. It hasn't helped in previous years and I suspect it won't help this year. Do the developers really want to be showing their work so early on? Or are they being ordered to by higher ups who think it's a good marketing ploy.

Besides, Konami never changed the final release code because of demo feedback, otherwise we would have much better release code, considering that the useful feedback people gave them based on demos is way more than the dumb feedback from casual gamers.

You've stated something you can't possibly know followed by an assumption that is no more valid than my own assumption of the opposite. I could point to the occasions where people have complained that the game is too slow and unresponsive, and Konami have listened to this feedback because it was the majority view, or the view held by MyClubbers/Youtubers who they cater to more than the types of people who frequent forums like this.

We are also unaware of the results of the surveys they carry out (or the kind of people who actually bother to fill those in), however Adam has often suggested that the survey feedback they get does not align with the views of hardcore players.

Acting like most of the people that are going to try the demo are casual idiots is wrong, because it's far from the truth.

I think it's pretty close to the truth, it's likely that you get more people with no real investment or attachment to the series trying a demo because there is no barrier to entry. But even among dedicated PES players we sim-loving people are the overwhelming minority, therefore any changes that bend to the majority view will rarely be good news for us.

I can guarantee you that even without a demo, even without demo feedback Konami is capable of ruining their own game. Look at the many times they took stupid decisions on their own.

Well that's one thing that I agree with. However we've never seen what the end result would be if they *didn't* release an early demo. I think EA have a much better strategy, which is to only show the unfinished work in closed betas, with a demo close to release that actually more or less represents the final product.

Hopefully this year will be different for PES but I'm not holding my breath.

Nope it has nothing to do with it. Engines have nothing to do with license restrictions. Laws and partnerships between organizations do, and the laws that we're discussing haven't changed.

Think you've misunderstood. The stadium creator was in PES from PES 2011 until 2013. It wasn't in PES 2014 which had a new engine and hasn't been seen since. Nothing to do with licensing, they just haven't seen it as a big enough priority.

Oh sorry I didn't realize that it was 2009 :LMAO:. The graphics must have evolved a ton over the last year and the iPhone jumped forward quite a few model numbers:LMAO:. In all reality though in 2014 EA signed exclusive partnerships with many leagues . And part of these partnerships stated that other companies such as Konami are limited in what extent they let users recreate such teams and leagues. That is why the full stadium editor disappeared around PES2014. But some other things that you mentioned might be ok within those regulations, but at least some of them probably aren't anymore.

Exclusive league partnerships existed before this mysterious year of 2014. It didn't stop PES putting in a stadium creator before.

Think you've misunderstood. The stadium creator was in PES from PES 2011 until 2013. It wasn't in PES 2014 which had a new engine and hasn't been seen since. Nothing to do with licensing, they just haven't seen it as a big enough priority.

Exclusive league partnerships existed before this mysterious year of 2014. It didn't stop PES putting in a stadium creator before.

Mate PES14 did have a new engine but that's not the reason that stadium creator was removed. Check out these links, it's going to be tough to argue with me afterwards I promise :

Mate PES14 did have a new engine but that's not the reason that stadium creator was removed. Check out these links, it's going to be tough to argue with me afterwards I promise :

Have you watched the video you linked (or the article it linked to which I remember reading a crazy 6 years ago now!) or was it a quick Google?

The article this video sources doesn't even link licensing to the stadium editor directly.

They could put in a stadium creator if they wanted, there wasn't even a ton of editing options in the original one. We've heard this licensing excuse before (I think regarding not being able to import player letters and numbers).

Maybe I am just too sceptical, just find the timing with the new engine very convenient.

I did mate. And it just proves me right. This is just getting to be a ridiculous argument. Why are you just so skeptical of everything and everyone?

I'm sceptical you didn't read the article that's true. Maybe if you could point out the part that directly relates to the stadium creator and licensing after you've read it.

I am very sceptical of Konami in general over the last few years that is true. I don't think I'm alone there though.

I can tell you're getting a bit frustrated but just going on what I have read and seen over the years, don't take it so personally.

With the demo hitting so early, im wondering if Konami will infact take on criticism (re. bug issues or AI issues with widespread feedback) and be able to make changes prior to the 10th Sept release? How far out from release is the game pretty much 100% done code wise (and ready for production)??
Console games are usually going gold 3 weeks before release. You can see on SteamDB that KONAMI's quality assurance testing takes at least 2 weeks for new builds, so the release version will probably be finalized a few days after the demo release.

So you're ignorant just like @Lons ? There are limitations to the copyright. Creating kits is ok, but stadiums is not. Is that straightforward enough because it's clearly been the case since late 2014?

I don’t know what company you work for, but you can’t copyright the stadium creator feature. Adam already said something about resources limitation and it isn’t as easy as it was in PES 2013 to make. I don’t think they will use their copyrights of the stadiums they own as options. They will have to start from scratch which unfortunately they don’t want to do.

Last edited:
Switch to PC guys! Stadiums, kits, adborads, overlays, faces, chants! We all float down here!

Stephen-King-s-IT-stephen-kings-it-40794430-500-257.gif

I don’t know what company you work for, but you can’t copyright the stadium creator feature. Adam already said something about resources limitation and it isn’t as easy as it was in PES 2013. I don’t think they will use their copyrights of the stadium as options.

Yes, you can't copyright a stadium creator feature. What you can copyright however, is the ability to recreate picture perfect stadia (via functionalities, pieces and stadium parts) that are protected by rights or exclusivity.

You are so naive mate...
Stadiums and adboards won’t be able to be edited if countries start banning MyClub/UT practices.

They’ll start using them as actual commercial adverts to make up some of their lost revenue. (Which could be a really good thing if they use the same advertisements as the stadiums do in real life).

Yes, you can't copyright a stadium creator feature. What you can copyright however, is the ability to recreate picture perfect stadia (via functionalities, pieces and stadium parts) that are protected by rights or exclusivity.

It wasn't picture perfect in PES 2011-13 at all, but was certainly a good feature. Think it would still be well appreciated now, even if the focus is more on online now.

It's so bad as 2019!!! New things is coming and those olds bullshit are still that game. gameplay is BIG mess, i think. No fouls, penalties and referee is bullshit.. That's the way it's gonna be.. :D. But hey!! They got new menus and face scans :D

I'm sceptical you didn't read the article that's true. Maybe if you could point out the part that directly relates to the stadium creator and licensing after you've read it.

I am very sceptical of Konami in general over the last few years that is true. I don't think I'm alone there though.

I can tell you're getting a bit frustrated but just going on what I have read and seen over the years, don't take it so personally.
Alright mate, if you're skeptical of them in general than that's fine,I just wouldn't be skeptical about this particular thing as their is tons of evidence to support it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom