eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This EU directive is from July 2018. The stadium creator is removed since PES2014 winter of 2013. It is 5 years before the law. Which is not even still started functioning 100%.
I'm not saying it was originally removed for that reason, but there's every chance it's part of the reason why it won't come back.

edit:
Interesting, after a quick google search, the more recent articles from this year say that the copyright law is likely to fall squarely on the user and not the company.

If that was the case then bring all the editing back. Would love to see how they'd police that.

Last edited:
I'm not saying it was originally removed for that reason, but there's every chance it's part of the reason why it won't come back.

edit:
Interesting, after a quick google search, the more recent articles from this year say that the copyright law is likely to fall squarely on the user and not the company.

If that was the case then bring all the editing back. Would love to see how they'd police that.
I understand you, i tried not to expand cause we go offtopic and there is a dedicated thread on the EU law.
Whatever for anyone interested how the agenda manipulation from PRs works, i suggest to you and whoever interested to read the book "1984 aka Big Brother" by George Orwell, or just google search " the chocolate ration 1984 " case.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nineteen_Eighty-Four
https://thebrotherhoodportal.wixsite.com/1984/single-post/2016/03/20/Chocolate-Ration

Last edited:
I don’t think they will ever partner with Borussia Dortmund again after what they have done to Konami.

It’s the same reason why they don’t have a boot editor anymore, or let you make a logo from simple shapes. They’ll just get slapped with copyright claims from companies far bigger than Konami.
Im sorry, but how the fuck is creating logo on the jerseys from shapes, or drawing it, a violation of copyrights??
Are we going to ban Paint and blank notebooks and crayons as well, coz someone can draw a Nike logo in a comfort of his own house for his own viewing pleasure?? Thats a lot of bollox that is!

Manchester United :)
Boooooring.

Konami are so predictable now. Why can’t they license a few smaller premier league clubs for a change?

A question for you guys as I’ve been skimming the thread of late and I wondered:

How many of you would still play PES if editing became illegal/Konami were forced to take away editing tools because of new laws and we were stuck with using London FC and Lake District, in the terrible Konami strips?

2003 me could play it, just.

But 2019 me? Not a chance.

Last edited:
Boooooring.

Konami are so predictable now. Why can’t they license a few smaller premier league clubs for a change?

A question for you guys as I’ve been skimming the thread of late and I wondered:

How many of you would still play PES if editing became illegal/Konami were forced to take away editing tools because of new laws and we were stuck with using London FC and Lake District, in the terrible Konami strips?

1993 me could play it, just.

I admit it would be hard. But if gameplay was really super top notch I guess I could adapt to it.

I don't think the majority would tho.

Boooooring.

That’s stupid why will they do that. There is no money in it, and no one will say I will rather have Leeds licensed over Arsenal or Liverpool.

Definitely not BVB and probably not Leipzig either

Why not Leipzig, they are not in contact with EA. My guess it will be between them or Bayer Leverkusen, depending on who Konami wants to partner with. Bayern, Schalke, and one of those two.

Things I noticed when I switched back to top player.
  • Players move away from through balls.
  • The game slows down your players sometimes.
  • CBs don't jump for aerial battles.
Back to Professional.

Boooooring.

Konami are only allowed to license a small amount (2 to 3) German, English, and Spanish first division teams mate. So they prefer to license the bigger name ones.

Why not Leipzig, they are not in contact with EA. My guess it will be between them or Bayer Leverkusen, depending on who Konami wants to partner with. Bayern, Schalke, and one of those two.
It is possible but I think that Bayer Leverkusen is more likely than Leipzig. And EA are only allowed currently to sign with a total of 3 German 1st Bundesliga clubs I believe

That’s stupid why will they do that. There is no money in it, and no one will say I will rather have Leeds licensed over Arsenal or Liverpool.
I was thinking more along the lines of Everton and Aston Villa.

Leeds are a Championship club.

So, how does the option file work? You get fully licensed leagues and players? Like Premier league and stuff?

So, how does the option file work? You get fully licensed leagues and players? Like Premier league and stuff?

Welcome. Yes, with option files you get fully licensed leagues like Premier League. That means real kits, emblems, team names.

Thats a good point.

After reading several pages on this thread, I dont know if I should be excited or worry about Pes 2020 lol. I havent played Pes since Pes 6, so I were pretty hyped about the new game which imo looks amazing. I will wait for reviews, and decide on either Pes 19 or 20 if they're basically the same..

I don't know what "tools" you're talking about. If what you're referring to are the importing kit, team logos, etc from within the game... I don't care much about that. Being on PC we got all the tools we need offline.
But, if it became illegal to the point that Evo-Web also forbid us to mod and share our mods and tools to edit the game, then I'd probably never buy PES again. This game without mods is worth 10 dollars to me.

Im sorry, but how the fuck is creating logo on the jerseys from shapes, or drawing it, a violation of copyrights??
Are we going to ban Paint and blank notebooks and crayons as well, coz someone can draw a Nike logo in a comfort of his own house for his own viewing pleasure?? Thats a lot of bollox that is!
You know this isn't my idea right? I did post links, and there is a separate thread on it. I'm not just plucking an idea out of thin air just for giggles.

I'm certainly no expert on the subject, but I'm sure people who actually sell their Option Files would be breaching it somewhere, as they're actually making money off someone else's intellectual property.

@Mikhail
The best licence was Fulham. Just for the visible PES logo in Fifa :D

I'd be interested to know if licencing single English clubs even affects sales. Would a United fan who plays Fifa really jump ship just because his team is represented in PES?

edit:
Alright, United are a bad example. Nearly 1 in every 4 people on the planet is a United fan, so that's bound to affect sales somehow. But I can't see how any other team would.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom