eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure about all this "no fouls now" stuff. They reference foul tuning in the patch notes I know, but honestly, if that means better foul detection, it's an improvement.

Is it the ML just doing ML stuff? In which case, they've not changed anything, it's just the ML cheating as always. That's a separate issue (that, like regens, will never change).

And on top of all this, someone thought their console demo had been updated the other day (again, this isn't possible), because they noticed the AI had "stopped doing fouls" and they were finishing games without seeing any.

So... I don't think there are actually that many fouls in the demo - but we're in all in the mindset now that it's the full release so SOMETHING must have changed for the worse.

Even @B-Man is stoking these flames now on Twitter but let's just see. Yeah, that's right B, I tagged you in a post just to deliver an insult. Two can play at that game, bitch. ;)
it’s just so very Konami to potentially f**k up something a lot of people are enjoying.

Thankfully most people on Twitter and reddit are saying full game is extremely similar to demo, more or less the same.

Very good to now, thanks. I am very eager to get the full game and start the season. I believe we have an excellent PES this year (despite some flaws, nothing ever is perfect, anyone who thinks otherwise needs to grow up).

I will never grow up!! I’m sure I must be perfect, my mum told me I was the best looking boy in the village!! The perfect little baby boy!!

Hang on... why was my mum checking me out? Bit weird that..

In all fairness though I admire your optimism, but people can think whatever they think, opinions are just that. Good and bad. No growing up is required

A derby game with no fouls, yup that's the fouls 'fixed' alright...

If the default game is anything to go by on previous years, the 'English Derbies' were not included and you had to edit them in to get the game to recognise it.

Not saying 0 fouls is fine in any game, but id wait on calling out the game based on this when chances are the user hasnt edited the file.

Lovely setup mate.

This is mine

3-worst-gaming-setups.jpg

Link for that gaming chair? Would you mind leaving a mini review, still trying to find the right one

Anyone with the game can check if the qualified teams are the real ones in champions and europa league (in master league).

They never do this simple task well.

game is very hard in superstar,i start a master league with roma and 5 games i have 2 draws and 3 losses
i think the speed is like the demo and it feels smoother,more animations and better ball physics
How are fouls mate? Similar to demo or less fouls?

12th Sept update will be the most accurate representation of final release on which to base opinion?

Or are konami offering their loyal preorders a 2-day grace period before the update/breakage begins?

If the latter, preorder (and keep game offline) is justified. Even going by past experience its hard to tell.

Can the folks who have the game and are giving feedback also maybe make a mention of the version number they are playing? May help.

Got my copy (the one I swore never to buy this year...) already yesterday evening, but played my first match just now. Did a friendly Atalanta (me) vs Gent (ai) on Top Player, PA1. Way too early to give a first impression, but in my opinion the game pace didn't change to the demo. Played 10 minutes halftimes and had 4 fouls conceded by me and 2 by the ai. Had 2 or 3 situations where the ai fouled but the ref didn't call it. Wouldn't be surprised if we'll have another year without penalties.

Game version is 1.01.01 and data version 1.01 although my playstation says, it had installed the update version 1.02.

I won't start a master league before everything is updated on the 12th. So for now I'm gonna open a few cans of beer and start a league. At least till the trial version of NHL is downloaded and installed...

By the way: Atalanta had 3 kits, but the first and third were exactely the same. :THINK:

Last edited:
Slightly less fouls than the demo I would say, not a massive drop off. Some of the ''phantom fouls'' that needed fixing seem to have been fixed and the CPU can definitely be baited into making fouls with some smart dribbling. I do need a bit more sample material though.

Starting to enjoy the game more and more now as I'm getting used to the slightly altered pace. The AI is very competitive, even if attacks could still do with more variety. Defensively they're very good though, it's hard for me to create chances.

12th Sept update will be the most accurate representation of final release on which to base opinion?

Or are konami offering their loyal preorders a 2-day grace period before the update/breakage begins?
My understanding from their site was that DP1 would roll-out on the 10th, which is Europe/Americas release date, and then the extras like transfers will be done for the 12th (which is also the Japan release date).

I'm expecting DP1 to be the real test of what's significantly changed, if anything, from the demo code.

Got my copy (the one I swore never to buy this year...) already yesterday evening, but played my first match just now. Did a friendly Atalanta (me) vs Gent (ai) on Top Player, PA1. Way too early to give a first impression, but in my opinion the game pace didn't change to the demo. Played 10 minutes halftimes and had 4 fouls conceded by me and 2 by the ai. Had 2 or 3 situations where the ai fouled but the ref didn't call it. Wouldn't be surprised if we'll have another year without penalties.

Game version is 1.01.01 and data version 1.02 although my playstation says, it had installed the update version 1.02.

I won't start a master league before everything is updated on the 12th. So for now I'm gonna open a few cans of beer and start a league. At least till the trial version of NHL is downloaded and installed...

By the way: Atalanta had 3 kits, but the first and third were exactely the same. :THINK:
Any chance you help me out with an Edit Mode question please?

Could you do me a favour and please let me know the suggested sizes for 2020, like they are in the image of 2019?

Attachments

• EDsS5GlX4AA4JVq.jpg
    EDsS5GlX4AA4JVq.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 21
@Damjan how is it in regards to differences between AI controlled teams? For example: playing as a top of the table team against a relegation team or playing against another top team. Is it noticeably easier/tougher depending on opposition? I’m sure superstar will be tough no matter the team and might be difficult to answer until you’ve established your ‘baseline’ difficulty ie. the level you feel is fairest for your skill level. Appreciate it

I the demo I always gie away more fouls than the CPU does, and the referee always seemed to whistle more against me, so no surprise there. Maybe I saw too many fouls against me, maybe Konami will try to solve this by removing fouls to a certain point... It seems we won´t have a proper foul system this year... yet.

Slightly less fouls than the demo I would say, not a massive drop off. Some of the ''phantom fouls'' that needed fixing seem to have been fixed and the CPU can definitely be baited into making fouls with some smart dribbling. I do need a bit more sample material though.

Starting to enjoy the game more and more now as I'm getting used to the slightly altered pace. The AI is very competitive, even if attacks could still do with more variety. Defensively they're very good though, it's hard for me to create chances.
Music to my ears! Thanks for the feedback man.

Roll on Thursday when my game is edited, transfers are up to date and I can start a Master League save.

I wish Konami would do away with Stadium Photos, it’s just a waste of memory. When do we actually see them? In the match setup screen but that’s about it.

I the demo I always gie away more fouls than the CPU does, and the referee always seemed to whistle more against me, so no surprise there. Maybe I saw too many fouls against me, maybe Konami will try to solve this by removing fouls to a certain point... It seems we won´t have a proper foul system this year... yet.

Konami more or less confirmed they were removing fouls a few weeks after the demo launched unfortunately.

Hoping it's something that can be modded on the PC version, otherwise it's probably a pass for me.

@Damjan how is it in regards to differences between AI controlled teams? For example: playing as a top of the table team against a relegation team or playing against another top team. Is it noticeably easier/tougher depending on opposition? I’m sure superstar will be tough no matter the team and might be difficult to answer until you’ve established your ‘baseline’ difficulty ie. the level you feel is fairest for your skill level. Appreciate it

I play on top player, which for me is the best difficulty as PES 2019 was the first PES I regularly played after years of playing PES 6. So I'm probably not as good at the game as most here.

I played as San Marino against Belgium and as expected it was just about impossible to really set up a meaningful attack, however I did feel they didn't really press me that much. Making I'm asking too much though, as I did get easily beat and they had 9 shots on target. They did have the longest build-up from any team I've seen thusfar, they were really passing it around very nicely at times.

By the way, another thing I want to stress is that the slightly higher pace does not mean that there's a return of the ping-pong passes you could pull of in PES 2019. I've been trying to do it on purpose to see what would happen and I've gotten punished on the counter a couple of times.

Slightly less fouls than the demo I would say, not a massive drop off. Some of the ''phantom fouls'' that needed fixing seem to have been fixed,exatcly the same feeling for me mate.for me is the most realistic football game i ever played
i think passing is a little more difficult in pa1 and is a good think for me
and you have that feeling when you score a good goal like the old good days pes5 pes6

Short impressions after ten games in ML:

I started with Rangers and I have big problems to create chances against the AI on Superstar. The weak teams trying to defend the whole game. Away games are easier because the home team is always on attack so there is much more space.
I conceded only five goals but unfortunately three from direct free kicks. I hope this will be fixed.

Overall the game is very enjoyable and I never had the feeling that I was cheated (except of the free kicks). One more thing: the new dialogues in ML aren't really necessary and I think they will be boring after a short time.

Short impressions after ten games in ML:

I started with Rangers and I have big problems to create chances against the AI on Superstar. The weak teams trying to defend the whole game. Away games are easier because the home team is always on attack so there is much more space.
I conceded only five goals but unfortunately three from direct free kicks. I hope this will be fixed.

Overall the game is very enjoyable and I never had the feeling that I was cheated (except of the free kicks). One more thing: the new dialogues in ML aren't really necessary and I think they will be boring after a short time.
Try to turn off Deep Defensive Line in the tactics for all teams that you play. See if that helps

What Kinda setup do you guys play on?

I have a cinema/gaming room, 94" screen, via 1080p HD Projector, Dolby Digital/THX 5.1 surround sound system:

Also have Samsung QLED 55" Tv in Living room for casual gaming but prefer to play the big games on the big screen

iVNgV3b.jpg

Now I know what means when someone says that Evoweb forum its for PES elitist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom