eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I dislike MyClub, I know it was the extras that pushed me to preorders in the past.

The lack of effort in its promotion so far is a bit worrying? or not?

"you've been loyal to us so we're going to bring you the best MyClub ever and you won't regret it - just play and see what we've got for you" or "we can't be bothered. like it or lump it"

if the game plays well and konami have a lot of confidence in their product, the former is a possibility - in which case a preorder would be justified. but basing it on past experience then its more likely to be the latter.

I will never grow up!! I’m sure I must be perfect, my mum told me I was the best looking boy in the village!! The perfect little baby boy!!

Hang on... why was my mum checking me out? Bit weird that..

In all fairness though I admire your optimism, but people can think whatever they think, opinions are just that. Good and bad. No growing up is required

hehehe cool story, enjoy

Crazy days for me ahead, so no PES for me until Tuesday. I will likely just get the download version as its cheaper here in Iceland and I will have to get the updates anyway to play online.

See you guys then, happy playing!

Short impressions after ten games in ML:

I started with Rangers and I have big problems to create chances against the AI on Superstar. The weak teams trying to defend the whole game. Away games are easier because the home team is always on attack so there is much more space.
I conceded only five goals but unfortunately three from direct free kicks. I hope this will be fixed.

Overall the game is very enjoyable and I never had the feeling that I was cheated (except of the free kicks). One more thing: the new dialogues in ML aren't really necessary and I think they will be boring after a short time.

How were the AI fouls? I imagine as you are playing against weaker teams there should have been quite a few?

Can you change tactics in edit mode and save them so in ML Deep defensive line will always be off?
I don't think so mate. But honestly it'll probably take you 15 min to 30 min maximum. It's one of the things that I'll be doing Tuesday and Wednesday before the Live Update on Thursday

1. Has there ever been a legitimate petition made about removing PA 2 & 3 from all modes with competitive online play?

2. Even if it received overwhelmingly positive feedback & support, would Konami actually act on it?

3. If the game ever went back to 1 universal passing system, wouldn't it be easier for them to make player stats relevant, & really send player individuality into overdrive?

1. Has there ever been a legitimate petition made about removing PA 2 & 3 from all modes with competitive online play?

2. Even if it received overwhelmingly positive feedback & support, would Konami actually act on it?

3. If the game ever went back to 1 universal passing system, wouldn't it be easier for them to make player stats relevant, & really send player individuality into overdrive?
Konami won't remove it because a lot of pro players like it

What Kinda setup do you guys play on?

I have a cinema/gaming room, 94" screen, via 1080p HD Projector, Dolby Digital/THX 5.1 surround sound system:

Also have Samsung QLED 55" Tv in Living room for casual gaming but prefer to play the big games on the big screen

iVNgV3b.jpg
Looks like my setup my friend. I got a 100” screen, 1080p projector with 5.1 surround sound. The wife makes me use the headset sometimes.

I warned her of some crowd roars that could be coming starting September 10th

Slightly less fouls than the demo I would say, not a massive drop off. Some of the ''phantom fouls'' that needed fixing seem to have been fixed and the CPU can definitely be baited into making fouls with some smart dribbling. I do need a bit more sample material though.

Starting to enjoy the game more and more now as I'm getting used to the slightly altered pace. The AI is very competitive, even if attacks could still do with more variety. Defensively they're very good though, it's hard for me to create chances.

What do you mean by slightly altered pace bro?

See I've never really understood what the point of P.A 2 & 3 is, there's literally no need for it in the game at all. I simply do not buy into the idea that it's there to make things easier for say a complete novice........ PES isn't like driving game simulator which absolutely needs assists to make the game playable/enjoyable for the majority.

P.A 1 does not make the game difficult and has absolutely no learning curve. If it was the only option then I'm 100% certain that anyone who picked up the game would be able to play it without issue.
Literally nobody uses 2 & 3 because they find 1 hard, it's just there to be abused and that's all it's used for. One of the worst decisions every made from Konami in the first place & I'm pretty sure there even used to be a P.A 4 at one point?

They really should consider reverting back to a universal passing system & I'd be all for a petition. I would like to see only 3 options, manual at 0, 1 for assisted and something like a 0.5 for semi assisted although I do think the game would benefit from having just one passing option other than manual, a semi assisted option would be nice though for those of us that don't want a full manual experience but something in the middle.

PES 2015 had it absolutely bang on with P.A 1, it was a lovely blend of 0 with a hint of stat based assistance. Never understood why they didn't stick with it.

Last edited:
So many people are living in Dublin/Ireland, any idea if any shops have the game early? And if not, which place will have it on 10th guaranteed? I wanna go to city right after my shift ends and I'd rather not come back with empty hands :D

Pinging @paddies I suppose? Help me out please!

Not sure where most aussies have preordered from (or thinking of buying from), but the gamesmen has despatched my game late friday yesterday...i paid express, and it should come mon 9th..a day before release date or sold at EB or JBHifi etc. Paid $79ish plus $8 express. For me thats ok.. as i wanted physical copy n as early as possible.. im so hyped. And yeah, this place certainly rocks atm..love seeing all the initial impressions before the game hits.

So many people are living in Dublin/Ireland, any idea if any shops have the game early? And if not, which place will have it on 10th guaranteed? I wanna go to city right after my shift ends and I'd rather not come back with empty hands :D

Pinging @paddies I suppose? Help me out please!
Try any tesco 24 hour store after midnight, i usually got mine in finglas clearwater just give them a call

Tried my best to get the FUMA-only point across on pesfan (along with notable others). 2 years of arguments.banter later it turns out there was actually someone with konami links on he forum (curdstar) yet the angle taken was not of listening to ideas but more of defending the product as it is. And then a few months later pesfan closes.

There were lots and lots of great ideas on how to improve the game for all types of PA users. There were visible polls on pesfan. All constructive ideas seemingly ignored/blocked.

(Joining PEN would probably be the best workaround - addictive fun but too time-intensive for me)

See I've never really understood what the point of P.A 2 & 3 is, there's literally no need for it in the game at all. I simply do not buy into the idea that it's there to make things easier for say a complete novice........ PES isn't like driving game simulator which absolutely needs assists to make the game playable/enjoyable for the majority.

P.A 1 does not make the game difficult and has absolutely no learning curve. If it was the only option then I'm 100% certain that anyone who picked up the game would be able to play it without issue.
Literally nobody uses 2 & 3 because they find 1 hard, it's just there to be abused and that's all it's used for. One of the worst decisions every made from Konami in the first place & I'm pretty sure there even used to be a P.A 4 at one point?

They really should consider reverting back to a universal passing system & I'd be all for a petition. I would like to see only 3 options, manual at 0, 1 for assisted and something like a 0.5 for semi assisted although I do think the game would benefit from having just one passing option other than manual, a semi assisted option would be nice though for those of us that don't want a full manual experience but something in the middle.

PES 2015 had it absolutely bang on with P.A 1, it was a lovely blend of 0 with a hint of stat based assistance. Never understood why they didn't stick with it.

There used to be 4-PA until pes2014 but the PA2 of back then was equal to up to 2019's PA1. PA1 was clearly a 0.5 level. (Assist-semi)
Agree for PA1 on 15. It worked nice. There were many complains that the passes were straight like ruler guided.16 and after it became pinball-like.

Last edited:
Master League options seem really good! Especially looking forward to being able to lower transfer frequency and disable the first window transfers.

slf6uk6ik1l31.jpg

A lot of interesting observations to be made:

How hard will negotiations be depended on the setting?
Of course; what about the transfer frequency?

But yes. Very, very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom