eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe they've caved in to people who didn't like the fouls in the demo. I LOVE all the fouls I accumulate in the demo.

I'm really peeved at this. We need fouls in football games ffs!

It’s simple. People didn’t knew how to properly defend and they started crying about it.

Konami had two options:
1. Explain to them not to pressure line retards every time
2. Change the system so that “pressing retards” would be happy

Now, considering “pressing retards” are a majority of MyClub KONAMI’s cash slot machine. Imagine the ONLY viable option they had.

Guys i will tell you again. I have the full game and pace and ball speed is faster than the demo sadly. I tried it on my lg oled 65c8 and on a 4k projector. I have the latest update installed...
Not according to some other guys that also have the game, maybe you play on different camera and depends also which competition, team etc

It’s simple. People didn’t knew how to properly defend and they started crying about it.

Konami had two options:
1. Explain to them not to pressure line retards every time
2. Change the system so that “pressing retards” would be happy

Now, considering “pressing retards” are a majority of MyClub KONAMI’s cash slot machine. Imagine the ONLY viable option they had.
Less of the “retards” please I find it offensive, I teach kids with special needs.

@Tom @Chris Davies

After playing a few exhibition and ML games (top player, 12 minutes, PA1) here's what I've noticed:

-Game does feel faster in my opinion. Players feel lighter than the demo and seem to respond quicker. I'm not really sure yet if I prefer this over how the demo felt. But for me it's very clear that the gameplay is different from the demo.

-AI do like lumping the ball up a fair bit, it's not as killing as PES 2019's wingplay but you can definitely notice it at times

-On the other hand, the AI does seem to adjust in matches. I've had it happen that teams press really high when they're chasing a match in the final stages. I've also seen the opposite, with teams sitting deep to defend a one goal lead.

-Crap teams are actually crap. I tried a variety of teams differing in quality and bad teams misplace more passes and are more prone to get pressed into mistakes. This also goes for the AI.

-Haven't noticed any glaring ML scripting, game felt the pretty much the same as exhibition where in PES 2019 that feeling was tangible very early on for me.

-Commentary has changed a little bit, outside of some new lines my feeling is that there are less silences

I think I’ll wait until I play it myself :LOL:
Amen to that.

Less of the “******s” please I find it offensive
* Some say the game is faster
* Some say the game is slower
* Some say the game is the same speed
* Some say AI is better
* Some say AI is the same
I know you didn't mean you wanted less of these asterisks... But I find this funny anyway. Am I a bad person? :LOL:

I’m still looking forward to it.
When I play Pes 5, it’s not exactly slow. It’s fast enough to keep you on your toes response wise with transitions difficult and every phase of play containing multiple choices to keep you mentally stimulated. That’s what I enjoy, games can be slow but have easy transitions which makes it fast in a way and very boring. I’m hoping for the former.

After playing a few exhibition and ML games (top player, 12 minutes, PA1) here's what I've noticed:

-Game does feel faster in my opinion. Players feel lighter than the demo and seem to respond quicker. I'm not really sure yet if I prefer this over how the demo felt. But for me it's very clear that the gameplay is different from the demo.

-AI do like lumping the ball up a fair bit, it's not as killing as PES 2019's wingplay but you can definitely notice it at times

-On the other hand, the AI does seem to adjust in matches. I've had it happen that teams press really high when they're chasing a match in the final stages. I've also seen the opposite, with teams sitting deep to defend a one goal lead.

-Crap teams are actually crap. I tried a variety of teams differing in quality and bad teams misplace more passes and are more prone to get pressed into mistakes. This also goes for the AI.

-Haven't noticed any glaring ML scripting, game felt the pretty much the same as exhibition where in PES 2019 that feeling was tangible very early on for me.

-Commentary has changed a little bit, outside of some new lines my feeling is that there are less silences
Great report bro
Cheers

All these people saying they have the latest update...but isn't Konami making the update live on release day?

Sorry mate but by the looks of it people are playing the patched version:

"* Depending on where you live, Data Pack 1.01 and Patch 1.01.01 may release on an earlier date."

source: https://www.konami.com/wepes/2020/us/en-us/all/page/live_update

That combined with the earlier statement of Adam on Twitter about the accidental early release of at least DP1 (but i think its about the patch as well).

If its really the case they made it faster then wow, thats it, i am going to join the pessimist train from now on untill Konami grows a spine. @Chris Davies Pick me up on the next station!

Man this ruines my day.

Last edited:
Guys i will tell you again. I have the full game and pace and ball speed is faster than the demo sadly. I tried it on my lg oled 65c8 and on a 4k projector. I have the latest update installed...
Could you do me a favour and please let me know the suggested sizes for 2020, like they are in the image of 2019?

Attachments

• EDsS5GlX4AA4JVq.jpg
    EDsS5GlX4AA4JVq.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 29
Yes they do it every year, but this year they specifically said they wouldn't do it this year - and they dont say that every year. So if they have done it this year, this year is the worst year they've done it by far.

We have to wait and see. I'm totally confused, but one thing is sure. I'm more nervous than looking forward to it actually.

All these days being so sure that it will be my most played ps4 title. By length. To maybe not even wanting to.

Crazy if they are destroying a game that they even didn't had to touch after the demo.

I can't believe they've caved in to people who didn't like the fouls in the demo. I LOVE all the fouls I accumulate in the demo.

Fuck's sake.
I said at the time that they'd taken a shortcut in the way they'd implemented it as it seemed like they'd just left the physics as they were and just made it so contact = foul more frequently.

They never actually fixed anything to begin with. Let's just hope this is a blip and they're still there, even if it's in their new hypersensitive form.

I think you just have to wait and play and if you enjoy and someone else dosent, so what.

Its hard, I understand, I also got wound up by things that other people thought or saw and would let that affect my fun... now, I judge a game by how it feels to me. Am I having fun, am I immersed, can I see myself playing it again and again...

I appreciate we all come here to get feedback and read views, but for your own sanity, try and remain upbeat until you get to play it. Otherwise you will kill yourself over something you havent experienced and in the end, come release day you will be so focused on experiencing that bad thing just 'once' and thats it, your view on PES20 (or whatever game) will be tainted.

I'm not sure about all this "no fouls now" stuff. They reference foul tuning in the patch notes I know, but honestly, if that means better foul detection, it's an improvement.

Is it the ML just doing ML stuff? In which case, they've not changed anything, it's just the ML cheating as always. That's a separate issue (that, like regens, will never change).

And on top of all this, someone thought their console demo had been updated the other day (again, this isn't possible), because they noticed the AI had "stopped doing fouls" and they were finishing games without seeing any.

So... I don't think there are actually that many fouls in the demo - but we're in all in the mindset now that it's the full release so SOMETHING must have changed for the worse.

Even @B-Man is stoking these flames now on Twitter but let's just see. Yeah, that's right B, I tagged you in a post just to deliver an insult. Two can play at that game, bitch. ;)

game is very hard in superstar,i start a master league with roma and 5 games i have 2 draws and 3 losses
i think the speed is like the demo and it feels smoother,more animations and better ball physics

Very good to now, thanks. I am very eager to get the full game and start the season. I believe we have an excellent PES this year (despite some flaws, nothing ever is perfect, anyone who thinks otherwise needs to grow up).

Very good to now, thanks. I am very eager to get the full game and start the season. I believe we have an excellent PES this year (despite some flaws, nothing ever is perfect, anyone who thinks otherwise needs to grow up).
Who are you insulting here? And why, because they don't like something you like? If anyone needs to grow up.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom