eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Master League options seem really good! Especially looking forward to being able to lower transfer frequency and disable the first window transfers.

slf6uk6ik1l31.jpg

Not bad at all! Very good to see this stuff!

Short impressions after ten games in ML:

I started with Rangers and I have big problems to create chances against the AI on Superstar. The weak teams trying to defend the whole game. Away games are easier because the home team is always on attack so there is much more space.
I conceded only five goals but unfortunately three from direct free kicks. I hope this will be fixed.

Overall the game is very enjoyable and I never had the feeling that I was cheated (except of the free kicks). One more thing: the new dialogues in ML aren't really necessary and I think they will be boring after a short time.

Yesterday I had only the chance to write a text with my smartphone so now I'll post a longer text.

The facts:

- I started a ML with Rangers, 10mins, Superstar level, manager Lothar Matthäus
- First impression: the cut scenes are a nice addition but it's typical KONAMI. The dialogues aren't very creative and it will get boring soon. It's good for immersion but the implemantation could be better
- Example: There is a dialogue where are you discussing the aims of the saison. I had three possibilities: win the league, qualify for CL and win the CL. Yes, win the CL with Rangers, of course.
- I played now seven games in the Scottish league and had 3 wins, 3, draws and 1 defeat. I scored 6 goals and conceded 1. At home games I have big problems and four games ended 0:0 because the AI is defending a lot. Most of the games are like a handball game. I'm passing the ball around but I can't find the gap. Good thing: Bad teams playing like bad teams. For example: Livingston can't get a pass right.
- I also had to games in EL. I lost 2:0 in Braga and 2:0 against Nordsjaelland. The bad thing: 3 of the goals I conceded resulted from direct free kicks. Overall there were 4 free kicks in a dangerous situation and the AI scored 3 of them. That could be a game breaker for me!

Gameplay:

- I never had the feeling that the AI is owerpowered or that the games are scripted.
- I saw many bad and misplaced passes by the AI.
- There are less fouls than in the demo but it's okay for me because the referee seems to be better. I'm pretty sure that there could be more fouls but I suck at dribbling at the moment
- I like the randomness. Sometimes the ball is deflected on a very realistic way, overall the ball physics is really good.

Conclusion:

- The game is on the pitch really enjoyable. I already played more games in ML than in PES 16, 17, 18 and 19 combined.
- The ML could be massively improved but I think to have some fun it's okay. I haven't tested transfers yet so I can't say anything about it.
- I hope they fix the high free kick accuracy from the AI otherwise it will be a game breaking bug for me.

Yesterday I had only the chance to write a text with my smartphone so now I'll post a longer text.

The facts:

- First impression: the cut scenes are a nice addition but it's typical KONAMI. The dialogues aren't very creative and it will get boring soon. It's good for immersion but the implemantation could be better
- Example: There is a dialogue where are you discussing the aims of the saison. I had three possibilities: win the league, qualify for CL and win the CL. Yes, win the CL with Rangers, of course.
- I played now seven games in the Scottish league and had 3 wins, 3, draws and 1 defeat. I scored 6 goals and conceded 1. At home games I have big problems and four games ended 0:0 because the AI is defending a lot. Most of the games are like a handball game. I'm passing the ball around but I can't find the gap. Good thing: Bad teams playing like bad teams. For example: Livingston can't get a pass right.
- I also had to games in EL. I lost 2:0 in Braga and 2:0 against Nordsjaelland. The bad thing: 3 of the goals I conceded resulted from direct free kicks. Overall there were 4 free kicks in a dangerous situation and the AI scored 3 of them. That could be a game breaker for me!

Gameplay:

- I never had the feeling that the AI is owerpowered or that the games are scripted.
- There are less fouls than in the demo but it's okay for me because the referee seems to be better. I'm pretty sure that there could be more fouls but I suck at dribbling at the moment
- I like the randomness. Sometimes the ball is deflected on a very realistic way, overall the ball physics is really good.

Conclusion:

- The game is on the pitch really enjoyable. I already played more games in ML than in PES 16, 17, 18 and 19 combined.
- The ML could be massively improved but I think to have some fun it's okay. I haven't tested transfers yet so I can't say anything about it.
- I hope they fix the high free kick accuracy from the AI otherwise it will be a game breaking bug for me.

This sounds great, thanks for your impressions!

The weird thing about the freekicks for me (demo) was, that i would block them 9/10 times with the wall by jumping at the right time and i felt this was rubbish because i‘d never concede FK-goals haha. I think i conceded only 2 FK-goals in the demo where i couldn‘t block it.

I don't think so mate. But honestly it'll probably take you 15 min to 30 min maximum. It's one of the things that I'll be doing Tuesday and Wednesday before the Live Update on Thursday

But wont tactics be changed again when the live update is installed?

@Nisoley
Did you feel there was a bug with AI scoring a lot of free kicks on the demo as well? Because like @Richjie I could block most free kick attempts by making the wall jump (pressing :circle:).

But wont tactics be changed again when the live update is installed?

@Nisoley
Did you feel there was a bug with AI scoring a lot of free kicks on the demo as well? Because like @Richjie I could block most free kick attempts by making the wall jump (pressing :circle:).

In the demo I think I conceded only one goal after a free kick but to be honest I played the most time against my friends and not the AI. I'm pretty sure that it's the same like in the demo but maybe my timing is bad. Nevertheless the free kicks are definitely too dangerous. If you can't block it, they'll go on your goal.

The facts:

Gameplay:

Conclusion:

A lot of my suspicions confirmed there but glad to read that bad teams are bad - especially as you're playing in the Scottish Premiership.

And the Rangers board probably does expect to win the CL... :D

In the demo I think I conceded only one goal after a free kick but to be honest I played the most time against my friends and not the AI. I'm pretty sure that it's the same like in the demo but maybe my timing is bad. Nevertheless the free kicks are definitely too dangerous. If you can't block it, they'll go on your goal.

Well the thing with Free Kicks is, that i want them to be dangerours. If I am up against Messi on a close range FK, i want to live in fear for that moment because i know that there is only so much i can do. But obviously it sucks if the AI-Freekicks are generally OP, but we‘ll have to find out.

In my experience with the demo the AI on free kicks are well stat based in that I can block most of them but players like Messi are dangerous. I think it's a matter of timing. Try to press :circle: just before the taker strikes the ball.

Besides that, thank you so much for the write up on the final game, it's very good to hear that bad teams play bad and have a hard time stringing passes together!

Positives:

- Game is exactly same speed as demo.

- Everything feels tighter and a tiny bit more responsive

- Default passing assists are a joy. I misplace passes if my positioning is wrong, they’ve nailed this.

Negatives

- they’ve definitely toned down fouls. Not seeing many at all.

- Visuals. Especially the turfs. Looks toxic yellow at some stadiums. Really bad.

Only played 3 matches will report more later.

If anyone who ordered from Shopto gets their copy delivered today, give us a shout!

My copy was sent out about 5pm yesterday, but I'm holding out some hope that it will arrive today.

*Edit* - I just seen a post on Reddit. Guy got his copy today from Shopto. I hope it makes it!

Got the game and started Master League with Milan. Knee deep in cutscenes right now.

Cutscenes are cool but a bit slow. There's an option to skip but don't know if skips the whole cutscene or speeds up the flow of text (which would be ideal).

What is the script with option files this year?

When are some PS4 Option files being released? Can you download PESUniverse option file rather than order a USB?

Cool option in Master League - you can choose whether things like Merchandise Sales, Competition Bonuses etc. get added to your Salary Budget or Transfer Budget (on an individual basis, not as a whole).

Chose a Large budget (options range between Small, Fairly Small, Normal, Fairly Large, Large). Been given a transfer budget of £2 Billion!

Restarted and selected Large instead - Transfer Budget now £512m, Salary just £335k (I assume per week). Inconsistency between the two I think but still workable.

Going for a throwaway game with large spending to have fun before the update drops in the week.

Not sure if this can be checked before the update. But are players who are on loan in real life actually on loan in master league? Normally they would just stay at a club like they've been transferred there.

Playing as Qatar?

It seems ridiculous but think it's a great inclusion for people who just want to have some fun.

Edited post to say Large budget was more reasonable.

Not sure if Qatar comment was a joke, but actually chose Milan. Still, would be great for playing with a 'hypothetical' Qatar takeover. Also, transfer budget size can be changed in settings so I assume that you can reduce it back to normal for the next window.

It seems ridiculous but think it's a great inclusion for people who just want to have some fun.

Edited post to say Large budget was more reasonable.

Not sure if Qatar comment was a joke, but actually chose Milan. Still, would be great for playing with a 'hypothetical' Qatar takeover. Also, transfer budget size can be changed in settings so I assume that you can reduce it back to normal for the next window.
A joke brother:)
It's great if you can set up your own storyline/fantasy.

If you manually control your keeper and adjust his position, the AI never score free kicks.

The facts:

Gameplay:

Conclusion:

Still some dodgy elements to negotiating in Master League. Release Clauses, while having a more realistic overall value, still seem to affect negotiations too much.

It's essentially still the same negotiation system last year, with success percentages hidden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom