eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
About responsiveness:

Many console players don‘t seem to be aware that most TV‘s have input lag when used in standard settings - that’s why i HIGHLY recommend searching your TV Menu for a „game-mode“ as this is should reduce input lag/delay (however usually at the cost of a little reduced image quality)

Believe me this can make a huge difference, depending on your TV.
Not every gamemode offers 1ms input but it‘s usually better than in standard mode.

People who play on monitors don‘t have to worry that much about that because monitors are geared towards low input lag.
You should have a tv that has a game mode,not all tvs have game mode...

This would be a good thing..The game does need to be more responsive..

It’s not massive but would make a difference for the better.

We have all had those moments where there is delay with input commands that aren’t always related to the animation..I’ve certainly felt this more on the ps4 demo then the Xbox x which imo is more optimised.

No need for panic just yet.

I've agree that. I've tried PS4 and PC version. After launch PS4 Demo was more responsive than PC.
With the last PC update, Konami added the option to disable Vsync. Setting it off makes PC version a lot more responsive than PS4. Such a joy to play it. The gameplay is really deep, so any response time improvement makes a huge difference. Now I can feel that the animation system it's awesome. You have small window to "break" any of it with a quick input, and it reacts perfectlly, being able to play more reactive.

Then it shows that input lag issues are related to optimization, and not to core gameplay or animations. So you can expect an improvement in the final code.

Now, my biggest fear it's that I feel a huge gap between top player level and superstar level. Superstar challenge its not fair. It's due to AI stats boost and randoness manipulation. Top players feels free of this unfair difficulty but it's too easy for my taste.

The second issue that I hope it's solved in final game it's the passive AI defense when you're attacking on the third yard, especially noticiable playing on the wings. You can relase the gamepad and AI'll keep waiting to your input...it's gamebreaking if you see it when you're winning.

I asked a guy(on spoonys YouTube channel) having the game about the gameplay, if it's faster now cause a guy was claiming it..here's his response in a screenshoot..

This is exactly what I felt from.videos. that it looked slower than demo.
Great to hear it's the case. Seems like a thoroughly sensible guy too, real detail in his response.

Oh my lord... the last pages seem to be the PES-community in a nutshell! Game sped up, no changes, with patch, without patch... Keep calm and have a drink! ;-) "the same procedure as every year, Ms Konami?"
From what I have seen so far from guys playing the full release is that nearly nothing has changed, but as it is the case in almost every year most of the gamers who received an early copy are playing like crap. That is my opinion!
But what is really interesting for mę is the fact that the Kits seem to behave more naturally when in motion and what I have also noticed in this stream from the German guy mentioned a few posts before is that Boateng from Bayern now has all of his tattoos which I really like because (correct mę if I am wrong) he did not have these in the Demo and it shows that they definitely did something after the Demo.
I really hope that I will get my copy today so that I can see it all by myself!

I know some of you guys were talking about this the other day...

Just taken delivery of a samsung q70 (would've preferred a Sony but budget etc...). It replaced a 14 year old Toshiba regza 32 inch that has served me so well.
It's interesting going from 720p to 1080p. I'm not sure it's better, 720p felt heavier in many ways. I can now feel things in the game I didnt before however. Anyway...

When i fired up pes demo it looked horrendous. Fluorescent pitch, players pixelated, everything just looked so bad. Worse in every way to my old tv. I tried every setting on the tv but nothing worked.

Then...I turned off hdr and rgb settings on ps4 itself and voila, it suddenly looks like an actual game of football again. I was seriously wondering whether I'd return the tv.

It's incredible how poor pes looks with these new technologies in action.
It's a shame in some ways because I can feel, although it looks more realistic, the image is losing some pop etc from having hdr and rgb turned off...

giphy.gif

I'm hoping so. I can honestly live without an option file now there's two divisions in South America that are licensed. Could never bring myself to play a Brazilian or South.A ML without promotion or relegation so at least we have that now.

I think we might be safe after all now...ha!

I've agree that. I've tried PS4 and PC version. After launch PS4 Demo was more responsive than PC.
With the last PC update, Konami added the option to disable Vsync. Setting it off makes PC version a lot more responsive than PS4. Such a joy to play it. The gameplay is really deep, so any response time improvement makes a huge difference. Now I can feel that the animation system it's awesome. You have small window to "break" any of it with a quick input, and it reacts perfectlly, being able to play more reactive.

Then it shows that input lag issues are related to optimization, and not to core gameplay or animations. So you can expect an improvement in the final code.

Now, my biggest fear it's that I feel a huge gap between top player level and superstar level. Superstar challenge its not fair. It's due to AI stats boost and randoness manipulation. Top players feels free of this unfair difficulty but it's too easy for my taste.

The second issue that I hope it's solved in final game it's the passive AI defense when you're attacking on the third yard, especially noticiable playing on the wings. You can relase the gamepad and AI'll keep waiting to your input...it's gamebreaking if you see it when you're winning.

It’s something I’ve posted about for the last few weeks ie the Xbox x and pc version being more optimised..Feeling smoother and less buggy..The PS4 demo also has more inconsistencies..

I was in two minds about going with the PS4 version but not being able have a option file was a no brainer(I’ve even brought myself a new camo PS4 controller).

The days of me having a gaming rig(pc)are long gone..Although I can see all the pro’s ie performance,mods and how these days you can have a lounge setup akin to any console setup..Just plug and play with me now with with kids and commitments.Which I prefer as I just don’t have the time and would be always tweaking settings.

Glad your enjoying pes this year!..

Pretty underwhelming news about MyClub. And I'm not even a MyClub player!

Also, found it sort of weird how Adam was talking about how much effort he/they put into ML this year. So much so that it made them abandon MyClub a little bit. Hence the lack of new features or big improvements there.

I don't know if I trust those words.
And also, even if that was true, does that mean we'll be getting 0 improvements in ML from now on because they focused "so much" on it this year?.

I did this last year with pes 2019. It was odd, the game pre patch was slower but felt broken...the ball was smaller than the demo, it rolled like a bowling ball, the game was noticeably a different game to when I downloaded the patch. It wssnt necessarily bad, but seriously un-optimised...

The ball was smaller? First time I hear about that. Never noticed it.

Any news about new features in Edit mode?

I don't think there'll be any?.

Played the demo a few min ago, haven't done that in weeks,and prior to that ,probably under 15 games since I have a ML on 18 going,plus a cm on FIFA 19.

But it strucked me how good this play,I'm on PAO and advanced TB,my good what control you have over the ball, brilliant!
Pace being the best in a modern game,even shooting is brilliant (not FIFA great but Pes modern game great) the best since PES 15.

I'm pretty fucking hyped up!

Pretty underwhelming news about MyClub. And I'm not even a MyClub player!

Also, found it sort of weird how Adam was talking about how much effort he/they put into ML this year. So much so that it made them abandon MyClub a little bit. Hence the lack of new features or big improvements there.

I don't know if I trust those words.
And also, even if that was true, does that mean we'll be getting 0 improvements in ML from now on because they focused "so much" on it this year?.

Well, the roulette mode is what it is, right? Spin the wheel, spend your beans and then spend more while deeply ingrained scripts take care that you always need "just two more better players" ... in a nutshell. I guess it works as intended, nothing really needs to be added but nicer presentation, right?

:JAY:

Well, the roulette mode is what it is, right? Spin the wheel, spend your beans and then spend more while deeply ingrained scripts take care that you always need "just two more better players" ... in a nutshell. I guess it works as intended, nothing really needs to be added but nicer presentation, right?

:JAY:

Well yes. But MyClub is a fairly "young" mode.
And it started becoming bigger and popular not so long ago, in 2017 maybe?.
While the-other-game's-similar-mode has been going on for a long, long time. And yet they still continue to bring massive changes and innovations.

I just fear this will be used as an excuse next year. "Oh we worked so hard on ML last year already. Now we must focus on MyClub".

It might have gone over my head, but has anyone actually done any research and testing into whether the game is different?

Surely people could play the full game under the same conditions (same teams, match length, form etc) as the demo and compare the stats.

To me it seems as if people are judging and comparing by eye.

It might have gone over my head, but has anyone actually done any research and testing into whether the game is different?

Surely people could play the full game under the same conditions (same teams, match length, form etc) as the demo and compare the stats.

To me it seems as if people are judging and comparing by eye.

That’s exactly what I’m going to do tomorrrow or Monday..

Exhibition matches on a 5 minute game length..

Will post my findings as mikhail said placebo free..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom