eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree, the ball movement feels like rubber-band pathing at it's worst and the animations are too short. On top of that the controls are not as natural and intuitive as before given the changes to R-stick tricks and making R2 effectively redundant (PC version), which is depressing because it looks the part.
wont R2 be your manual button

If they admit that the gameplay is changed, that would be a miracle.
But they wont.

I think that even the demo is changed a lot.
To a less free movement, and more predefined actions..
Every single time you have to pull selected player with R2 when playing defense, because he is rushed by default to a worst possible direction.

I don`t like it at all now.

Waiting for ML reviews..Hope that AI will be diverse, and that the match against Juventus it wont be the same as match against Chievo.

I don`t know if in some of the first Pes games (1-6), there was a difference in game style for every club..and not just a few patterns. Playing against Barca (top player) was different than Bayern or Real.

If they admit that the gameplay is changed, that would be a miracle.
But they wont.

I think that even the demo is changed a lot.
To a less free movement, and more predefined actions..
Every single time you have to pull selected player with R2 when playing defense, because he is rushed by default to a worst possible direction.

I don`t like it at all now.

Waiting for ML reviews..Hope that AI will be diverse, and that the match against Juventus it wont be the same as match against Chievo.

I don`t know if in some of the first Pes games (1-6), there was a difference in game style for every club..and not just a few patterns. Playing against Barca (top player) was different than Bayern or Real.
The demo has never been updated though, has it?

Yep had the text message and email from Simply Games that its been despatched too, so Saturday deliver looks on.
Wonder if I can send the wife out shopping on her own.

So I guess we can expect a difference. They will call it something else. More fluid.. More responsive..
I'm happy if it's a bit more fluid, what I don't want to see is the ball speed faster and the no look pass-turn on a dime nonsense returning. If they've upped the pass assistance on P.A 1 as well then it's curtains I'm afraid.

On PC, yes. Everywhere else, no, but there are guys on console claiming that it's changed (which is impossible, the code is on your console, not in the cloud - and Sony/Microsoft's OSes aren't capable of updating games "in secret").
Why did Konami update the PC version of the demo, does anyone know?

Why did Konami update the PC version of the demo, does anyone know?
There was a bug when playing online, where if you were the away team, you'd have major issues staying connected, or something along those lines. Nothing to do with gameplay, though of course it starts rumours.

I'm happy if it's a bit more fluid, what I don't want to see is the ball speed faster and the no look pass-turn on a dime nonsense returning. If they've upped the pass assistance on P.A 1 as well then it's curtains I'm afraid.

This.

As a online (divisions) player this is vital. As of now I can hold my ground with lesser teams against the big ones because I see them (often) struggle with not being able to perform things were used to do in PES 19, weird angles when passing, etc etc. So if this change I'm afraid we are back to a fast paced game, not because they have sped it up but it becomes faster just because you can do things in a unrealistic fashion.

Last edited:
There was a bug when playing online, where if you were the away team, you'd have major issues staying connected, or something along those lines. Nothing to do with gameplay, though of course it starts rumours.
Thanks.

So again, it's the usual placebo BS people come out with.

"Demo feels different now! Looser, faster!"

Every. Single. Year.

It's weird.

Two things. One, as @FShas has already said, optimising the game means finalising animations etc. and that nearly always means speeding them up, to improve input response. It happens with every game, I'm told, and the beta update of the other game shows that they do it too. (I hate that it happens, but it seems to be a permanent problem.)

Two, the dev team does what they want. I love Adam, he's great at what he does - but he's not the producer (the conductor of the orchestra, if you like). He's the brand manager. He can feed back this stuff, but Asim was feeding back everything we said about PES 2019, for example. It doesn't translate to change, especially not if they smell the myClub dollar drying up.

That being said, I'm clearly naive because I just don't believe they'd speed it up dramatically after the demo got such a fantastic reception. And speed -1 would fix things for me anyway, I'm sure.

This would be a good thing..The game does need to be more responsive..

It’s not massive but would make a difference for the better.

We have all had those moments where there is delay with input commands that aren’t always related to the animation..I’ve certainly felt this more on the ps4 demo then the Xbox x which imo is more optimised.

No need for panic just yet.

Last edited:
On PC, yes. Everywhere else, no, but there are guys on console claiming that it's changed (which is impossible, the code is on your console, not in the cloud - and Sony/Microsoft's OSes aren't capable of updating games "in secret").
At one point there was a complete shitshow of a rumour going around that the US version of the 2020 demo was different as well. People will genuinely believe anything :FISH:

At one point there was a complete shitshow of a rumour going around that the US version of the 2020 demo was different as well. People will genuinely believe anything :FISH:
Good times. That was around release of the demo when every region had it available.

Always makes me LOL stuff like that.

Yawn.

It will make a lot of people happy though they've been crying out for myClub news.

Dude, are you even like anything or you just here for complaining? I really don't get it people like you why are here if you don't like the game. Use Fifa or FM20. This site is PES fansite if I'm correct but in these topics most of the people are always just complaining. I don't care MyClub still it's a really good thing that PES is listen to the fanbase unlike that idiot EA Sport team.

Dude, are you even like anything or you just here for complaining? I really don't get it people like you why are here if you don't like the game. Use Fifa or FM20. This site is PES fansite if I'm correct but in these topics most of the people are always just complaining. I don't care MyClub still it's a really good thing that PES is listen to the fanbase unlike that ***** EA Sport team.

importantly, it is good revenue stream for PES.

Without this mode I'm sure we would see investment continue in this game. Licences would dry up and probably the game.

it would be nice to see them do something more in myclub for their offline player base though. the concept of the mode is great but it lacks depth

Dude, are you even like anything or you just here for complaining? I really don't get it people like you why are here if you don't like the game. Use Fifa or FM20. This site is PES fansite if I'm correct but in these topics most of the people are always just complaining. I don't care MyClub still it's a really good thing that PES is listen to the fanbase unlike that ***** EA Sport team.

Erm, what? I'm waiting for the game to be posted through my letterbox any day now.

Dude, are you even like anything or you just here for complaining? I really don't get it people like you why are here if you don't like the game. Use Fifa or FM20.

People are entitled to express whatever opinion they want, providing the mods are happy with the content. You can choose to ignore it if you like.

This site is PES fansite if I'm correct but in these topics most of the people are always just complaining.

This section of this site is a PES discussion forum. That means good or bad.

I don't care MyClub still it's a really good thing that PES is listen to the fanbase unlike that ***** EA Sport team.

Do they?
I'd argue that they're no better than EA at listening to their customers.

This isn't a great look.

It’s the player form..Some games feel faster then others..Some games the players feel more responsive and reactive then others..

I’ve also noticed if you just continually play the same team how every game is different..

Nice!
About AI: don´t forget that this is a 5 minute game, whereas the others on legend are with extended match time.

What I like here is: When you go down on the wings, AI blocks you instead of slide tackling all the time, like it happened last year.
Nice shot on the post from Lingard btw and totally okay, cause he uses his right foot with 80 kicking power^^.

Why did I read "brush" instead of "bust"? :LOL:

Can´t help it, but since I listened to your interview, I read all your posts with your voice in my head :P

If -2 is still faster than the demo for him, then he surely is on drugs.

I can´t play the demo on speed 0, had to turn it down to -1.
Also...I have the feeling that it´s a bit slower on PC than on PS4.
Plus, this could be probably me, but the game speed overall seems to change, depending what teams you pick.
I have the feeling, when picking or playing against Barca, it´s slightly faster than when you pick Palmeiras.
Faster buildup on specific teams makes sense, but it feels like, the whole game is faster.
Could be just a feeling though.
Ha ha,Cheers Chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom