eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and it begins.

The thing is, Adam KNOWS the PES community is already sick of being lied to AND fed up with the series in general.

PES 2020 is make or break for Konami and Adam. IF this has been sped up then it's game over, ladies and gentleman.

I should be getting the game tomorrow, gonna switch off the internet on PS4 and play for a few hours and then see what happens when I downloaded the patch. It's make or break this time Konami, honestly can't believe they'd do this to us again.

...and it begins.

The thing is, Adam KNOWS the PES community is already sick of being lied to AND fed up with the series in general.

PES 2020 is make or break for Konami and Adam. IF this has been sped up then it's game over, ladies and gentleman.

For the old fans or for everybody?
Actually seems that the most people were happy with the demo speed within passing etc.. So that is the positive news right now.

Is the non patched game more likely to be similar to the demo? I heard previously that it was
Are we safe if we never download the patch?
With the kits already closer to their true versions than before and the names of clubs too, I'd forego an option file to keep the demo gameplay...

I'm in no way making excuses for the team but...I often feel they cant help but speed the game up. It feels like the way they optimise the game just speeds the damn thing up, whether they want it to or not.
"Oh god, the more we optimise the more it speeds up. Every year it does this. Every year. They'll be going crazy again... Let Adam deal with it. Let's start on next years demo."

I should be getting the game tomorrow, gonna switch off the internet on PS4 and play for a few hours and then see what happens when I downloaded the patch. It's make or break this time Konami, honestly can't believe they'd do this to us again.

Seriously? Why can't you believe it. They do it every single freaking year, without fail.

For the old fans or for everybody?
Actually seems that the most people were happy with the demo speed within passing etc.. So that is the positive news right now.
I meant that fans old and new are fed up with PES at the moment. PES 2019 had so many issues, people were sick of it after a few weeks or months of play.

The fanbase is getting restless, you can see that from replies to Adam and Official PES. 90% of people from what I can gather LOVED the pace of the demo etc. If they've changed the final code...it's going to backfire badly for Konami and everyone involved with PES.

What I will say is: Let's not panic yet. Lots of guys on WEPES sub reddit have the game and confirm it's pretty indentical to the demo. BUT have they had the patch or not?

Is the non patched game more likely to be similar to the demo? I heard previously that it was
Are we safe if we never download the patch?
With the kits already closer to their true versions than before and the names of clubs too, I'd forego an option file to keep the demo gameplay...
I'm hoping so. I can honestly live without an option file now there's two divisions in South America that are licensed. Could never bring myself to play a Brazilian or South.A ML without promotion or relegation so at least we have that now.

...and it begins.

Fact is, as Adam says, many already had the game before him, livestreamed it, were asked how did they find the final game compared to demo, both with 1.01 patch and 1.02 patch and nobody complained about it, everyone said that the pace was the same as demo. Then one guy says it's faster, so fast he turned it off and went back to play the demo.

I mean, seriously? Didn't you watch the 60 fps direct feed video and livestreams? Didn't you see that the pace is far from fast and it's exactly the same as demo? Why are you panicking so easily?

Good launch day and post launch day to everybody. To me it's better to take a little break and come back when things will be much more calm.

fingers crossed mine should be with me tomorrow..

I’m not going to patch it though..Going to test it for a few days out of the box then I’m going to update..

If I don’t like the changes I will just revert it back.

Picked up a copy for the PS4 so will be able to capture some footage and put up on YouTube..
What's your Youtube channel?

Fact is, as Adam says, many already had the game before him, livestreamed it, were asked how did they find the final game compared to demo, both with 1.01 patch and 1.02 patch and nobody complained about it, everyone said that the pace was the same as demo. Then one guy says it's faster, so fast he turned it off and went back to play the demo.

I mean, seriously? Didn't you watch the 60 fps direct feed video and livestreams? Didn't you see that the pace is far from fast and it's exactly the same as demo? Why are you panicking so easily?

Good launch day and post launch day to everybody. To me it's better to take a little break and come back when things will be much more calm.
I'm extremely calm mate. It's a discussion forum, we're discussing PES 2020.

On one side:
Before we had a demo and only could watch gameplay videos, one video looked faster/slower than the other one.
When we had the demo, we could convince ourselves that the pace is right.

On the other side:
I believe, this game is like a clockwork with thousands of rack-wheels.
If they change or adjust one thing, it might have an effect on something else without that they even know.
So if they have "improved" responsiveness, maybe it has an affect on game speed as well or feels faster cause of that adjustment.
Anyway, they shouldn´t have touched nothing at all!
We´ll know soon.

But I would like to know.. If Konami is also wishing to let the gameplay remain the same in terms of speed.. What is going wrong in practice?
Two things. One, as @FShas has already said, optimising the game means finalising animations etc. and that nearly always means speeding them up, to improve input response. It happens with every game, I'm told, and the beta update of the other game shows that they do it too. (I hate that it happens, but it seems to be a permanent problem.)

Two, the dev team does what they want. I love Adam, he's great at what he does - but he's not the producer (the conductor of the orchestra, if you like). He's the brand manager. He can feed back this stuff, but Asim was feeding back everything we said about PES 2019, for example. It doesn't translate to change, especially not if they smell the myClub dollar drying up.

That being said, I'm clearly naive because I just don't believe they'd speed it up dramatically after the demo got such a fantastic reception. And speed -1 would fix things for me anyway, I'm sure.

Pes 2020 has a lot of nice qualities, but lacks on putting them together.
Every time i play it, i feel something is off, in overall movement and ball behavior.
Like there is something like a sticky aura, in animations, in ball gaining speed, some passes feel like ball is rolling on sea surface, and as someone said the inertia is somewhat faked and not based in physic engine.
Lot of great things happen, like a bunch of good musicians who randomly met and start playing without a maestro's instructions or even music scores
I completely agree, the ball movement feels like rubber-band pathing at it's worst and the animations are too short. On top of that the controls are not as natural and intuitive as before given the changes to R-stick tricks and making R2 effectively redundant (PC version), which is depressing because it looks the part.

I find it incredible you're all panicking about something someone said and hyping it up here. Video's don't mean a thing as there are a lot of variables that influence how it comes across on your device.
People aren't panicking. Everyone is just venting their frustrations because of being let down by Konami time and time again in the past.

We're entitled to be sceptical.

I find it incredible you're all panicking about something someone said and hyping it up here. Video's don't mean a thing as there are a lot of variables that influence how it comes across on your device.
It was the biggest fear most people had & probably the single most important thing people didn't want touched.

I'm extremely calm mate. It's a discussion forum, we're discussing PES 2020.

Obviously i'm not referring to you, but to everyone already panicking. I only see panic. I already read "they did again". It's not an healthy discussion at all when we take as facts opinions of the only guy that said something negative and disregard everyone else.

Don't want to take the break with hard feelings, really. I love the passion every Pes fans have for this game. Just try to enjoy the game and don't always give in to the negativity. See you later.

Obviously i'm not referring to you, but to everyone already panicking. I only see panic. I already read "they did again". It's not an healthy discussion at all when we take as facts opinions of the only guy that said something negative and disregard everyone else.

Don't want to take the break with hard feelings, really. I love the passion every Pes fans have for this game. Just try to enjoy the game and don't always give in to the negativity.
No hard feelings from me at all mate, it's all good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom