eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why I love this game..defence..superstar..pa0..manual shooting..

Nice!
About AI: don´t forget that this is a 5 minute game, whereas the others on legend are with extended match time.

What I like here is: When you go down on the wings, AI blocks you instead of slide tackling all the time, like it happened last year.
Nice shot on the post from Lingard btw and totally okay, cause he uses his right foot with 80 kicking power^^.

Haha I just wanted to bust your balls. I love you kitten ❤️

Why did I read "brush" instead of "bust"? :LOL:

I'd settle for a handmade burger at a non franchise restaurant with mixed fries and a beer,same price (roughly) and 100 percent better.
Apples and pears,not apples and formula one cars
Stopped eating at McDonald's when I stopped being a kid I guess

Can´t help it, but since I listened to your interview, I read all your posts with your voice in my head :P

View attachment 19275
I hope he's on drugs...

Ps.am i wrong in saying any changes from the demo will occur along with day1 patch?

If -2 is still faster than the demo for him, then he surely is on drugs.

I can´t play the demo on speed 0, had to turn it down to -1.
Also...I have the feeling that it´s a bit slower on PC than on PS4.
Plus, this could be probably me, but the game speed overall seems to change, depending what teams you pick.
I have the feeling, when picking or playing against Barca, it´s slightly faster than when you pick Palmeiras.
Faster buildup on specific teams makes sense, but it feels like, the whole game is faster.
Could be just a feeling though.

Isn't this the first time we're seeing gameplay after these early access guys got the day one patch? I think the game might really be sped up. :(
It was all good without the patch 1.01 :BRICK:

Those videos do look fast. Must be playing on plus 1 or 2 game speed as the whole thing is sped up.

Having watched bits of around 10 different matches from 5 or 6 sources of youtube, they all demonstrated both a similar speed but also rhythm to the demo and at times looked slower.

We’ll all know pretty soon if it’s sped up. A few of us should be getting our copy of the game tomorrow and Monday.

It's also worth considering that to many this is merely a computer
game and so such trenchant, extreme analysis simply doesnt apply.
I don't have a trenchcoat so I don't know exactly what you mean (but TommyC0ckles might).

I want a block of ice cut out to the shape and size of the statue of liberty replaced with me standing in a gown holding up a copy of PES 2013.

You want snowflakes which melt away delightfully as the sun shines on a glorious winter's day.

It would be interesting to see whether fewer pre-orders led to innovation.
I'm not sure it would.
Do companies innovate more when they lose business? Or do they innovate more when sales are high and theres more money for R&D?
Or do companies innovate because of the scale of competition.
In football games, there is no competition.
Is a second competitor necessary before konami/EA feel the need to innovate?

I used to believe good investment would lead to good progress. I used to praise this game but with time and discussion its flaws become apparent. I see no other competitor which is why I think its the community who needs to take some action. Would fewer preorders lead to innovation? - I don't know - its the only idea I can think of to jumpstart improved change. But preordering year after year without hesitation IMO just gives the message that you accept what you have.

I used to buy several copies of PES to support development. I invested in a PC. I bought a PS4 just for this game. I see little innovation year after year so I stopped and last year I purchased just 1 copy of each format at discount - still intent to support the franchise but not so much as before.

As you say though its "merely a computer game" and I can begin to accept that and move on.

fingers crossed mine should be with me tomorrow..

I’m not going to patch it though..Going to test it for a few days out of the box then I’m going to update..

If I don’t like the changes I will just revert it back.

Picked up a copy for the PS4 so will be able to capture some footage and put up on YouTube..

Why in the world would they touch the speed of the game. I mean they already got feedback not to touch the pace of the game, so why would they do it. I find it hard to believe. Anyway I'll see for myself. And -2 is faster than the demo on 0??? Sorry but I call BS.

Yeah. You're right. Now people are speaking of a faster game.

If that's the case everything that make PES good is gone. In that regard I would be a coward.

Mr Alx1234 up there and his fantastic decision about playing the game on pc. Congratulations. And of course I want to say sorry for the decision about pre order the game to my console. I am the reason why Konami doesn't innovate. It's not about online trends and new generations wanting different things. No it is because of the pre orders.

Now I see that the decision about buying a game I think plays good in a demo and looked good in a full game stream is a horrible thing. I should not buy a game and play two games now and then while reading my master here in Denmark.

It's like quality food vs. McDonald's man.

Fillipo-"you sound like a broken record because you've got valid opinions"-inzaghi.

My worry is slightly different.
Someone asked pesuniverse is pace not faster and passes not more accurate and the response he got was
"Pace is the same", which i found a bit fishy in regards to passing.
Then notes are saying "responsiveness in trapping the ball increased", which nobody, as far as I remember, ever stated as an issue.
So add trapping responsiveness to more accurate passes and you dont need to speed the game speed up to end up with faster pace.
General speed of the game shouldnt bother us, since most of us can slow it down in ML. I played -1 on both 19/18 and -2 on 17.

Having said that - if they messed up passing and trapping - we might end up with a first time backheal ping pong fiesta, as per usual, which would be a very sad thing to witness.

Yeah, sorry, but this doesn't make a great deal of sense to me.

Fairly presumptuous to stick all who pre-order on console into one basket like that. Personally, I know the game will be different come full release. I'll find out if that proves better or worse over time. I'm okay with this. I get a return on my investment every year with PES but in saying that it doesn't mean every year has been complete joy. Simple fact is I do get "something" from it every year and that is often playing time that pushes the hundreds upon hundreds of hours, easy. Even years where my frustrations have been more apparent I still probably get that return on the investment.

By default the final game will be better than the demo for many for the simple reason they will be playing modes and full matches. Fair to say experiences from there will differ, perhaps wildly, from one user to the next over time.

So far as what we/I are doing? Can only speak for myself but the purchase of Pro Evolution Soccer (and other games) is, every single time, one made with calculated disposable income. It's money I've earned, money I have been able to spare on videogame purchases. Put simply, the purchase of games is affordable and isn't a life or death thing. I don't overthink the purchase too much. Sure, I will use demo's, reviews and let's plays a lot of the time to help make a decision but beyond that there really isn't too much more to consider regards the actual game. Only other drivers are say my own time, finance, is it a game I need now or can sit and wait on a sale, and yep, micro-transaction implementation now.

Now, regards PES, a demo often will prove enough. I get a good feel for the base gameplay then I am good. I might pre-order (have in this case) but that really is my business if I have the funds available and if for whatever reason want to be playing the game at 00:01 on 10th September. The answer is though that it is a new PES and have the next three weeks off.

How is any of the above falling at a hurdle exactly? What is wrong with approaching the purchase of a videogame as just that?

If there are people willing to wait it out or approach the purchase differently they will get no judgement from me for doing so. Everybody is different. No right or wrong on this in my opinion.

There is little connection in business, tech or otherwise, between protest withdrawal of purchases and innovation.
The withdrawal of console purchases is also more likely, I think, to harm those guys with their PC's up the top of the Eiffel Tower than the reverse. (Not meant to sound snide in any way, just a funny image in my mind!)

fingers crossed mine should be with me tomorrow..

I’m not going to patch it though..Going to test it for a few days out of the box then I’m going to update..

If I don’t like the changes I will just revert it back.

Picked up a copy for the PS4 so will be able to capture some footage and put up on YouTube..

I did this last year with pes 2019. It was odd, the game pre patch was slower but felt broken...the ball was smaller than the demo, it rolled like a bowling ball, the game was noticeably a different game to when I downloaded the patch. It wssnt necessarily bad, but seriously un-optimised...

My worry is slightly different.
Someone asked pesuniverse is pace not faster and passes not more accurate and the response he got was
"Pace is the same", which i found a bit fishy in regards to passing.
Then notes are saying "responsiveness in trapping the ball increased", which nobody, as far as I remember, ever stated as an issue.
So add trapping responsiveness to more accurate passes and you dont need to speed the game speed up to end up with faster pace.
General speed of the game shouldnt bother us, since most of us can slow it down in ML. I played -1 on both 19/18 and -2 on 17.

Having said that - if they messed up passing and trapping - we might end up with a first time backheal ping pong fiesta, as per usual, which would be a very sad thing to witness.

This exactly what I think will happen.

Otherwise you will have to keep pausing/cancelling the update everytime you boot up Pes..

It’s a pain in the giraffe but I’m desperate for a descent offline game this year.

We're two.

Looking at the video where it was mentioned about the pace, I agree with @Emroth saying that it maybe it's the passing that changed. Not good. It was perfect! But it did slow down the game more.. I can see online gamers say "it's too slow". That is how they can change shooting and passing to be more "powerful"

I know it is difficult in the past to judge by videos for a number of reasons.
I'm going to hold out until Tuesday to judge the situation.
Obviously varying opinions on whether it has or has not sped up.
I am conscious that Konami have a history of royally fucking it come release.
And even if Adam says it has not been sped up, he has no control of development of how it is finished off so would take these words as they are, which are words which may or may not be true.
Roll on Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom