eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only played the demo's recently but i thought the general census for PES 2020 shooting was it's much better than the past 7 or 8 years?
It’s definitely better than recent years but still not as satisfying as it is in the other game.

I actually hit shots wide and over a lot of the time in this demo, that didn’t happen in PES 2019. So yeah it’s improved. I have finally settled in basic shooting because stats do the talking more than in advanced and manual.

@rockstrongo @Filippo-Inzaghi

PES 2019 was the first in years that I didn’t have a Serie A save. Because there was no Serie B, I just couldn’t play in a country without promotions and relegations.

I always have a Serie A save in PES. This year I’m going to have an Inter or Fiorentina save. I don’t have a favourite or worst Serie A side so I’m not swayed towards anyone. I absolutely hate Juventus though for some reason :LOL:

It’s definitely better than recent years but still not as satisfying as it is in the other game.

I actually hit shots wide and over a lot of the time in this demo, that didn’t happen in PES 2019. So yeah it’s improved. I have finally settled in basic shooting because stats do the talking more than in advanced and manual.

PES 2019 was the first in years that I didn’t have a Serie A save. Because there was no Serie B, I just couldn’t play in a country without promotions and relegations.

I always have a Serie A save in PES. This year I’m going to have an Inter or Fiorentina save. I don’t have a favourite or worst Serie A side so I’m not swayed towards anyone. I absolutely hate Juventus though for some reason :LOL:

Inter... I'm a little dizzy now.

But yeah.. Milan will be my team for sure - At some point. But i would also consider Brazil & Argentina i must say and maybe a lower start in Calcio. Why not Brescia with Tonali, Balotelli & A. Matri? :SAL:

That reason being they're a lying cheating shit club!

I'm looking at Atalanta,great last season,great team

Serie A for me.
Should really try and have a proper run at Argentina, maybe Bielsas old club Newell's

Argentina is fun especially when used with the right commentary language. The atmosphere seems to work a bit better and having no idea what is being said adds to the romance of it.

However the downside is that South America in the game has a little less variety, I cannot believe they dont have the Libertadores/Sudamericana licence... infact iirc the latter isnt even in the game as a fake cup :(

This is EXACTLY the point I was trying to make to @klashman69
Burton/Burnley/Rotherham etc shouldn't be able to play super accurate pinpoint passes and deadly clinical finishes from 30 yards every single time, Barca can do it most of the time, Liverpool can most of the time, Juve, Bayern, the biggest best teams can, but Burnley/Burton cannot, but in PES they do.
I watched the stream, hes on either top player or professional.

He said himself he wasn't very good. Got his ass handed to him by ADO Den Haag. Infact he didn't really seem to be playing at his best, he just seems to be enjoying all the attention because he has the game early so hes just showcasing stuff for views.

That should tell you everything really.

That's why every match feels identikit, because they are.

I've never once thought to myself in the last few years playing PES "Oh Wow, this COM team is packing defense, using 2 holding DMF's. Im going to have to play wide and draw them out, look for triangles in around the back of them"

or

"The COM team are utilising their extra man in midfield by playing sideways passes to lure me on to the ball so they can create space in front of my defence for their no 9 to play in, Im going to have to stand off, cover lanes and be patient"

Just doesn't happen.

Thing is as i said before, if the guy isn't very good and just allows so much space for the AI to play easy direct passes and allows the AI time to pick his shots, what do you expect AI teams just to miss chances and play scrappy football because they aren't Barca, Juve or Bayern?

I stumbled across this channel recently and its easy to find with this girl speaking about Boltons troubles and them getting smashed 5-0 every week in League 1. James Norwood apparently was on fire and could of scored about 5 in the first half and helped truly take Bolton apart in the second half. James Norwood is a bonafide career lower league player who was prolific at Tranmere for the last 3-4 seasons, but! He is prolific within the quality he faces. The reason he was able to bully Bolton recently is because the quality gap between Ipswich a very strong league 1 team and Bolton who have about 6 players with the rest of the team academy teens from 16-18 years old thrown in because the club was facing financial extinction! 92 league goals in 189 appearances for Tranmere in 4 seasons and not every goal was some scrappy tap in, he scored some quality goals because he given the space in lower leagues to do so and does not come up against elite teams who will force him into mistakes showing hes on a lower level.

The point i seem to make all the time is quality and competitiveness matters if you want realism! This seems to gets lost as soon as this red mist sets in as soon as a few 'lazer guided passes' are seen. I saw no issues whatsoever with how the AI played on the stream, it was just a little boring to be honest because the guy isn't a very good player and isn't going hard at the AI anyway.

Lastly the reason i mentioned Bolton getting smashed by Ipswich and James Norwood is because you keep mentioning Burnley, you stick Burnley against half a team of average pros then the other half being Academy players who if correctly rated on PES would struggle to even reach 50 overall even they would cut through them very easily and some passes may even seem lazer guided, this same instance goes to someone on PES who isn't playing well and is allowing space to make the opposition look good. Remember, Burnley play the way they do because of the competition around them in the Premier League.

So i disagree with you both here. The guy in the stream isn't good at PES, your both overreacting. Lazer guided passes aren't an issue from what i saw. Its simple to stop, if he was good and couldn't stop it, I'd agree.

Inter... I'm a little dizzy now.

But yeah.. Milan will be my team for sure - At some point. But i would also consider Brazil & Argentina i must say and maybe a lower start in Calcio. Why not Brescia with Tonali, Balotelli & A. Matri? :SAL:
Everyone seems to be doing a Brescia save though, even the FIFA career guys I speak with on Reddit. I’m weird, I have to choose a different side. :LOL:

I really want to play with a club that has official stadium this year. I was tempted by rebuilding Man Utd, they’ve got some good youngsters now and it would be fun selling off their crap like Jones etc and turning them into a force again. But I can’t get past how weird and bright their kit looks in the demo!

Argentina is fun especially when used with the right commentary language. The atmosphere seems to work a bit better and having no idea what is being said adds to the romance of it.

However the downside is that South America in the game has a little less variety, I cannot believe they dont have the Libertadores/Sudamericana licence... infact iirc the latter isnt even in the game as a fake cup :(
They had Copa America in 16 the last time!
Yeah it works with atmosphere playing south America,could be noisier though.
Same reason I think Pes is suited for Serie A.
Weird league system in Argentina though!
But if I'm not going Serie A,it's going to be south America for sure

I watched the stream, hes on either top player or professional.

He said himself he wasn't very good. Got his ass handed to him by ADO Den Haag. Infact he didn't really seem to be playing at his best, he just seems to be enjoying all the attention because he has the game early so hes just showcasing stuff for views.

That should tell you everything really.

Thing is as i said before, if the guy isn't very good and just allows so much space for the AI to play easy direct passes and allows the AI time to pick his shots, what do you expect AI teams just to miss chances and play scrappy football because they aren't Barca, Juve or Bayern?

I stumbled across this channel recently and its easy to find with this girl speaking about Boltons troubles and them getting smashed 5-0 every week in League 1. James Norwood apparently was on fire and could of scored about 5 in the first half and helped truly take Bolton apart in the second half. James Norwood is a bonafide career lower league player who was prolific at Tranmere for the last 3-4 seasons, but! He is prolific within the quality he faces. The reason he was able to bully Bolton recently is because the quality gap between Ipswich a very strong league 1 team and Bolton who have about 6 players with the rest of the team academy teens from 16-18 years old thrown in because the club was facing financial extinction! 92 league goals in 189 appearances for Tranmere in 4 seasons and not every goal was some scrappy tap in, he scored some quality goals because he given the space in lower leagues to do so and does not come up against elite teams who will force him into mistakes showing hes on a lower level.

The point i seem to make all the time is quality and competitiveness matters if you want realism! This seems to gets lost as soon as this red mist sets in as soon as a few 'lazer guided passes' are seen. I saw no issues whatsoever with how the AI played on the stream, it was just a little boring to be honest because the guy isn't a very good player and isn't going hard at the AI anyway.

Lastly the reason i mentioned Bolton getting smashed by Ipswich and James Norwood is because you keep mentioning Burnley, you stick Burnley against half a team of average pros then the other half being Academy players who if correctly rated on PES would struggle to even reach 50 overall even they would cut through them very easily and some passes may even seem lazer guided, this same instance goes to someone on PES who isn't playing well and is allowing space to make the opposition look good. Remember, Burnley play the way they do because of the competition around them in the Premier League.

So i disagree with you both here. The guy in the stream isn't good at PES, your both overreacting. Lazer guided passes aren't an issue from what i saw. Its simple to stop, if he was good and couldn't stop it, I'd agree.
Yes, the guy plays on top player..and he's a newcomer to PES, hasn't played it much..so you're right.

Serie A is fun, especially will be this year since it's licensed, hope they add the trophy soon aswell, thought that was already in game!? I played with Milan in 19, That was my first season in PES 19..now I don't know, was thinking either serie a or Man United, rebuild the team, there are plenty of room there for new players..

Yeah now we have Serie B back (im sure it was cut in 19) it makes Italy the juicy option. Choice of either reviving someone like Sampdoria, or going full on Serie B and being miserable with 2 wins in 8 seasons :D

Serie A is fun, especially will be this year since it's licensed, hope they add the trophy soon aswell, thought that was already in game!? I played with Milan in 19, That was my first season in PES 19..now I don't know, was thinking either serie a or Man United, rebuild the team, there are plenty of room there for new players..
Think Ive played as Milan since PES 15,mainly because of stadium but also a great squad,though not too good.
Especially in 17 were they had 6-7 youngster (not regens that becomes great)
Good luck pal

Yeah now we have Serie B back (im sure it was cut in 19) it makes Italy the juicy option. Choice of either reviving someone like Sampdoria, or going full on Serie B and being miserable with 2 wins in 8 seasons :D
Atalanta/Genoa/Milan/Torino is usually my choices.
And btw,I always play with foreign commentary, Italian for Serie A etc

Usually 22 but was reduced to 19 last year; now it's 20 this year.

Regarding regens: Konami are missing such a trick. Imagine three options for youth academy players:
1. Regens (as they are now)
2. Fake regens (players based upon retired players but with fake names and faces)
3. ML Original team (all players from the original master league squad as youth players, likes of Castolo, Espimas etc.)

I'm convinced this would not be hard at all to implement. They already have a decent database for reasonably realistic fake player names from a whole range of nationalities with the fake players in the fake leagues that are usually overwritten by option files. Use them but simply make it so that they are aged 16-21 when they appear in the youth squad with decreased stats.

3. ML Original team (all players from the original master league squad as youth players, likes of Castolo, Espimas etc.)

Original? Not sure what Pavia and co would have to say about that! :LOL:

Good idea though. Not any less realistic than real players regenerating or... very retired people being available as managers.

I always do tactics on .pdf

I can't say when someone will have time to put them all in a file though.

Great to hear. Your tactics on pes 2017 I think it was transformed the game.
Espcially before the winter patch that introduced those damn retreating defences...

As for the Master League (god its this Tuesday!!!) I made my mind up to take AC Milan and start with Default Team in Serie B since we gonna have Serie B :) If that one Italian defender is still in Defaults (Giorza), he's getting an armband of captainry and we build new Milan around him even though he's RB lol. I'm just gonna rob Serie B of all Italian talents and climb up, same as with Spezia in PES 17.

I see my boy Andrea Petagna is rotting away in SPAL, he has to be my most memorable player in current-gen Master Leagues so far, had him in Spezia, Fulham, and probably in Milan next week lol.

I have this wicked idea since we have storylines and RPG adventures in Master League now (lole) about adding a young, talented Danish forward N. Bendtner to the game and developing him in my team. 17 years old Nielsen Bendtner, Nicklas' nephew, a humble and hardworking lad is setting out on an ultimate redemption story to clear him family's name of all that filth and shame NIcklas brought on them. Idk, I just like meme players :D

Reminds me of that PES 6 Malaga ML when I brought Bendtner to me team as we conquered Europe together. Ah, ML memories!

Only few days to go...

I've seen the AI pass the ball backwards quite a bit in the demo to be honest. Don't know if that counts as buildup.

Having said that, I hardly ever get any fouls whereas a lot of people seem to be praising the increased foul count so maybe it's just down to how I play the damn thing. :D

Shield the ball more and face your goal,or away from the opposing player..

It’s contextual but will kick in..Your find you will draw a lot more fouls.

Especially effective as a tactic outside the box for free kicks..

I dont use it as much as I should but that’s mainly due to the demo length..

Ball retention is everything in this game..and you can really hold it up now(if you want).

Why I love this game..defence..superstar..pa0..manual shooting..
The very first ten seconds of this clip... Arsenal have got 6-7 in midfield, forming one giant line, backing off you like you've got the plague - and they've got one guy who runs FULL PELT backwards, then you make a pass, and he runs FULL PELT forwards - but seemingly randomly!!

The AI is absolutely bonkers!

I genuinely have no major issues with the AI in demo state, its varied its pretty realistic, it doesn't seem to cheat it as good if not the best PES AI i have seen since 2014 - didnt try 2009-2013. I think if you want to observe down to the micro movements you will always find something to complain about. I honestly don't understand people who watch AI V AI - what's the point just seems like a massive waste of time

The very first ten seconds of this clip... Arsenal have got 6-7 in midfield, forming one giant line, backing off you like you've got the plague - and they've got one guy who runs FULL PELT backwards, then you make a pass, and he runs FULL PELT forwards - but seemingly randomly!!

The AI is absolutely bonkers!

With all respect Chris. I think you are writing this about the AI everyday? We know that you don't like it know and it's completely fair, but I don't understand why repeating it all the time really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom