eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers an, lots of talented dudes out there, that make me look novice.
As Nik said, PESMaster site is really good for creating template kits, but i prefer to design all mine from scratch, from imagination, and if you want any help with a custom crest or anything just shout, happy to help.

My jaw literally dropped. I wish I had your skills. I can do kits and logos, but I don't have a great fantasy so it is quite hard for me to create fantasy kits and logos that look nice.

@klashman69 Cheers for the in-depth, well articulated reply mate around play styles, individuality etc, and I agree with more or less everything you said.

Will PES 20 tactics for each team be available on your website? Im happy to take on the job of compiling them all into one single file if people want that.

Cheers an, lots of talented dudes out there, that make me look novice.
As Nik said, PESMaster site is really good for creating template kits, but i prefer to design all mine from scratch, from imagination, and if you want any help with a custom crest or anything just shout, happy to help.
Mate everytime you quote someone, the quotes appear under your post for some reason?

Ahhh Ok I get it, i was commenting above the quote, it should be other way around, got ya, I'll change it, my Bad!!!

Nik - Look forward to seeing the designs mate

will try hold off a few weeks to buy it,see how online scripting is. have edited all rosters on pes 19 so playing with latest transfers anyway

To be fair to him, if you have the game early you can't really do much. Online isn't an option and offline is, for me at least, not an option until the squads are updated on 12th. I'm hoping/expecting to receive the game by Saturday so it'll be nearly a week until I'm ready to start a Master League. Between then and the 12th I'll be editing, exploring the modes like this guy has and will probably play the odd friendly.

I reckon you're being a little harsh on the guy.

I disagree.
And I just can't see myself or any of you guys in here doing that just for the sake of it.

Come on then Day Oners...who you starting a Master League save with?

I'm so pumped to start an ML again, I've been thinking a lot about this, actually...

Since it's been 4 or 5 years since I last played PES and ML, I have to ask you guys: Is the ML still arranged in such a way that you get to pick the teams in the 1st and 2nd Division of your "area"?

If that's the case I will most likely be picking a team in 2nd division of one of the 'licensed' 2-tier leagues and trying to fight my way to the top. With the ML default players, of course. (Do they still have Valery, Espinas, Cellini, Ximenes, Marinda and Castolo in there?!? Never mind, just did a quick google and looks like I'll have to contend with M. Candemir and T. Matthiessen... Oh well, at least there's a dane in the squad :D)

This means I'll pick a team in the 2nd division of the English, French, Italian, Spanish or even Brazilian league. This means something like Sheffield Wednesday, Auxerre, Livorno, Real Zaragosa or Brasil. I'm actually leaning towards a Brazilian team this year, since that would be a first in ML for me...

I usually start limiting my transfers to the best of the original team's players who have been made free agents after being booted out by my ML default players. Makes for both a more challenging, rewarding and somewhat realistic experience, knowing that you're actually playing with some of the 'real' players from that team. Also, when looking for new recruits, I usually try to pick them from the same geographical region as my team, at least.

Man, I'm really looking forward to this season's ML!!! :WOOT::YES:

I disagree.
And I just can't see myself or any of you guys in here doing that just for the sake of it.
But what else is there to do other prior to releade update other than exploring the game modes? I can only play so many meaningless friendlies before I get bored. I've not played the demo for about 2 weeks because of that.

But what else is there to do other prior to releade update other than exploring the game modes? I can only play so many meaningless friendlies before I get bored. I've not played the demo for about 2 weeks because of that.

World Cup, European Cup, League. In my mind, PES has always been more about national teams anyway (there were only national teams in ISS, as far as I remember...) and ML was more of a filler back then.

I think I have as much PES game time in 'World Cup' mode as I have in ML, to be honest. When you accumulate it over the years, that is...

well I mainly play online only these days the majority of the time and this is the mode online to play in this game so I'm wondering about. I would expect most people who play pES online play this mode right? isn't this the most popular mode? no news about it seems strange to me. I'm sure there they added at least one change to it. for example the community has been asking for more GP to manage contracts and what not... just doing that would be a welcome change. anything

That would be fantastic but I doubt Konami are that surprising and smart. that would bring a huge momentum announced last minute. and I seriously think if MLO was coming back they would of communicated this already to hype the game some.

If you ask me... it's MOST popular.. online mode right now because there are no other options.
Others online modes are lame and boring as hell, and this is no accident! Konami wants everyone to play Myclub, so chances are some weak soul, weak player or b*stаrd who can't wait or craft points and coins, so to buy them with real money. While there are such people, the game will not evolve much, except to make foolish and horrible decisions such as removing the close control from R2, giving it a gay name and moving it to the right analog and introduces it as a new feature.

Last edited:
@MadmaxG79 I think you have a point, back in the day ISS used to concentrate more on the national teams. Clubs (totally unlicensed back then if I recall correctly, until PES 3 where some started to have licences if I don't go wrong) were just something "extra", not the real core of the game.

Although, if we want to be accurate...
(there were only national teams in ISS, as far as I remember...)
This is also true for FIFA International Soccer. It only featured National teams (with fake player names and unlicensed kits). It was only with FIFA 96 that they started adding clubs (and I still remember FIFA 96 and 97 having fantasy player names on GameBoy).

except to make foolish and horrible decisions such as removing the close control from R2, giving it a *** name and moving it to the right analog and introduces it as a new feature.
Why foolish?
Once you get used to it, it's very neat (I dare say better this way than it was before).
It's just a matter of pressing RT when performing a feint/skill instead of only using the analog, but guess what?
Players usually dribble more than they do feints/skills, so it's wise to have to press the extra button while doing feints instead of having to press it when dribbling.

Anyway, it's just a matter of points of view. I for example would love super cancel to be enabled by default, with the chance to disable it by pressing the combo that now allows us to activate it. To each his own.

Great news for aussies (pes2020 won't be delayed in stores a week like last year), i got this message today from the gamesmen:

Customer Service (The Gamesmen)

Sep 5, 15:39 AEST

Hi Steve,

Great news, Pes2020 has arrived to our warehouse! Great to know it won't be delayed like last year.

Just preordered!!

World Cup, European Cup, League. In my mind, PES has always been more about national teams anyway (there were only national teams in ISS, as far as I remember...) and ML was more of a filler back then.

I think I have as much PES game time in 'World Cup' mode as I have in ML, to be honest. When you accumulate it over the years, that is...
Nah, I only tend to get into international teams on PES around the time of a tournament. It's the beginning of the season and I want me some Master League. Until then I'll edit the game and potter about the modes.

Why foolish?
Once you get used to it, it's very neat (I dare say better this way than it was before).
It's just a matter of pressing RT when performing a feint/skill instead of only using the analog, but guess what?
Players usually dribble more than they do feints/skills, so it's wise to have to press the extra button while doing feints instead of having to press it when dribbling.

Anyway, it's just a matter of points of view. I for example would love super cancel to be enabled by default, with the chance to disable it by pressing the combo that now allows us to activate it. To each his own.

It's POINTLESS, because they can do the same with R2 + LS, like is since ... PES 2, just put all these new animations! There is no single reason to change it or the reason is.. for the sake of changes ?? No, it's not working better and it's not comfortable. If I have not used R2 before in first place, it may now this is a good addition for you, but anyone who has actively use R2 over the last 17 years will know what is made with close control all these changes with R2 and R1 are unjustified and a bad idea.

This years Transfer Frequency might help us there. Im definetely setting this up to 'Low'

I'm undecided right now.

I don't want it like pre-patch on PES2019, where loads of top players jumped ship before the start of the first season. I also don't want it like post-patch PES2019 where hardly anyone moved at all. I want some big players to move, that's realistic. Hazard moves to Madrid. CR7 moves to Turin. I also don't want to see the same starting 11 after 10 seasons.

I guess it all depends on what Konami deem to be "normal" in terms of transfer frequency for PES2020. Will it be based on 2019? Something we'll probably never really understand, not at least until we're all deep into Master League.

gqMzLZJ.png

Free to download off my site if anyone fancies having some retro kits as 3rd kits.

It's POINTLESS, because they can do the same with R2 + LS, like is since ... PES 2, just put all these new animations! There is no single reason to change it or the reason is.. for the sake of changes ?? No, it's not working better and it's not comfortable. If I have not used R2 before in first place, it may now this is a good addition for you, but anyone who has actively use R2 over the last 17 years will know what is made with close control all these changes with R2 and R1 are unjustified and a bad idea.
I've always used R2 as dash button since I bought PES 2014 (doing back and forth from/to FIFA, I'd always feel comfortable with dash on RT as in FIFA you need to have it on a trigger to use it properly), with R1 for close control and finesse shots.
I had no trouble at all using RB + left stick for close control, but I often thought it'd be better if we could activate close control without having to trigger it with a special button.
This is exactly how it is now, and I find it more comfortable to use. I also find it more sensible, as usually one spends more time dribbling than trying to get past opponents with fancy skill moves (so I think it's good that one has to only pull the trigger when activating skill moves like it also was the case in older FIFA games like FIFA 14 where you had to pull the LT to perform a skill move).
Once again, it's a matter of habit: the fact that it doesn't fit your playstyle doesn't by any means mean it has to be bad for everyone.

Look at the way Feyenord (the CPU) keep passing it around the back and being patient because they’re scared of the pressure Ajax (the human player) is putting on them.

I LOVE that Twitch footage. Man, I want to play this now.

I missed this, did the passing seem to be about the same as the demo (assuming he used PA1)?

My take on the MyClub news (lack thereof, really) is that they are possibly still deciding on coin values or maybe even if coins/micro-transactions will be a thing, at all. I know coins are part of the Legend Edition pre-order, but nothing to stop them saying they are just a bonus for use by players who purchased that edition and that there will be no coins in the mode thereafter. Highly unlikely, but one can dream.

Would PES' MyClub mode make the entire package more appealing if it were shot of micro-transactions? Quite possibly, but hard to say how that would convert into actual sales.

PES Lite could, for this year at least, be the promotion for a mode and overall series that does not use micro-transactions. It could prove risk/reward while showing the developer/publisher is confident with its product.

One can dream.

Look at the way Feyenord (the CPU) keep passing it around the back and being patient because they’re scared of the pressure Ajax (the human player) is putting on them.

I LOVE that Twitch footage. Man, I want to play this now.
I missed this, did the passing seem to be about the same as the demo (assuming he used PA1)?
I went straight to the feed to watch this, because this is my biggest problem with the game.

As soon as I fast-forwarded to the match, Feyenoord were hitting perfectly straight, direct passes forwards constantly, never passing sideways, never ever playing build-up play.

Except... straight from kick-off. That's the only time they pass backwards, and it's the same in the demo.

Whenever the AI get the ball, your players have just been in the attacking phase, and in PES, the attacking team seems to run every non-defender miles forward, including holding midfielders. So the AI just smash the ball forwards in straight lines with no midfield resistance, getting the ball to the striker ASAP. No build-up necessary.

When it's kick-off, or when you're man-marking every player, the AI can't do it. Which is great, but how often are you going to do that? The bigger point is, surely, passing shouldn't be so super accurate that every team can take advantage of every counter attack they ever have, and never consider a bit of build-up play instead.

PES 2019 was "every team plays tiki-taka", now it's "every team is direct" - both are terrible news for the ML, IMO. I can't play another season of every team playing the same damn way.

I disagree that fast incoming ball should always result in a hard shot because physics.

Of course it can happen, but that is assuming a perfect contact with the sweet spot on the ball. If you are slightly off in any direction with such a difficult incoming ball, its going to be scuffed/sliced/skied with far less velocity, but this doesn't happen in these situations in PES, especially on manual.

Agree to disagree :) .

I just think that your statement "perfect rockets every time is wrong".
At least, I have a different experience and I´m on manual for four years now.

I went straight to the feed to watch this, because this is my biggest problem with the game.

As soon as I fast-forwarded to the match, Feyenoord were hitting perfectly straight, direct passes forwards constantly, never passing sideways, never ever playing build-up play.

Except... straight from kick-off. That's the only time they pass backwards, and it's the same in the demo.

Whenever the AI get the ball, your players have just been in the attacking phase, and in PES, the attacking team seems to run every non-defender miles forward, including holding midfielders. So the AI just smash the ball forwards in straight lines with no midfield resistance, getting the ball to the striker ASAP. No build-up necessary.

When it's kick-off, or when you're man-marking every player, the AI can't do it. Which is great, but how often are you going to do that? The bigger point is, surely, passing shouldn't be so super accurate that every team can take advantage of every counter attack they ever have, and never consider a bit of build-up play instead.

PES 2019 was "every team plays tiki-taka", now it's "every team is direct" - both are terrible news for the ML, IMO. I can't play another season of every team playing the same damn way.
On the Demo, its favourite mode of AI attacking during several matches I played was a long ball over the top..... Yeah because every team in world football does the lump it long style of play. It leaves me thinking the full game will be the same.

A) The team the AI is in control of will disregard the strengths of its players and will knock it long even if its players are perfect for Tiki Taka.
B) The AI will make NO errors with its passes. They will be straight and true every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom