eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regens starting overall hasn't been as bad as previous years in 2018, 2019. I think the year before a 16 year old luca toni was Liverpools main striker when I played them. Must have came back at about 75 and they keep all their extra things, Its apain having them back but not as bad if the come back lower rated. Sad I know but for any of the star ones I give them a different name, appearance, height etc when they come back in the edit file and for players I know will retire in the first season I put their stats down before I start a ML

I too like the regens, can't remember which PES but regen Riquelme was literally the best thing. Just imagine, an 18 year old Riquelme, unbelievable.

I understand the annoyance though so an option to turn off wouldn't hurt. The downside is after 10-15 seasons only the awful bland fake faces everywhere, blurgh.

Yeah im surprised how many have forgot Master League is supposed to be a FANTASY managerial mode or that's how it used to be back in the day. Konami just dont have enough licenses for it to be a proper management/player manager game the way EA can do or the way football games were back in the 90's n 80's. With Master league you have to let your imagination go a little.

First chance I've had to extensively play the demo today. Loving the physicality, won loads of free kicks and even a penalty while holding it up with the bigger players like Mandzukic. It's been ages since the big strikers on a football game have actually been useful even when they don't have great pace. I also liked how teams like Colo Colo would sometimes panic when trying to clear it rather than just calmly play it out from the back every single time while not giving a damn about the pressure.

I've always played manual shooting and I'm trying to go full manual this year. It's hard and taking some getting to grips with but it's so much more rewarding when you pull off a good move! I even missed an almost empty goal earlier because I was too busy marvelling at my brilliant defence splitting pass :LOL:

I don't normally preorder games as a rule but it's only £35 on Shopto and the demo was enjoyable enough to convince me, I just wish the matches were longer on the demo as I always felt I was rushing against the time limit.

I too like the regens, can't remember which PES but regen Riquelme was literally the best thing. Just imagine, an 18 year old Riquelme, unbelievable.

I understand the annoyance though so an option to turn off wouldn't hurt. The downside is after 10-15 seasons only the awful bland fake faces everywhere, blurgh.

Also a fan of regens. just having fake players after lots of season would be so boring to me.
But if they find a time to make a fun system for random generation of players then they should indeed make it an option instead of one or the other.

Can't deny i really dislike regens the way they are in Pes, so i am disappointed but i just can't disregard everything good about the game just because of that.

maybe wrong but I see a bit more shooting variation in final version. Some nice looking shots e.g. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/476766854 @ 27:40

Looks great...Itching to test some international teams and getting that engine creaking..

Demo gameplay looks more then intact.Refs don’t seem more or any less lenient.

How it should be..They we’re wise to stick to there vision..Just looks a lot more optimised(which I was expecting).

Last edited:
Pc turned up Monday so put windows on it and downloaded demo.
Really enjoyed it. Can’t be bothered to tamper with it and extend the timers for a demo so will mod the hell out of the full game which I preordered from cdkeys for £29.99

Yeah im surprised how many have forgot Master League is supposed to be a FANTASY managerial mode or that's how it used to be back in the day. Konami just dont have enough licenses for it to be a proper management/player manager game the way EA can do or the way football games were back in the 90's n 80's. With Master league you have to let your imagination go a little.

No, sorry that is not a good reason. Implementing regens has nothing to do with licensing. The Master League today is very different to how it was back then, you now have leagues which aim to match their real life counterparts. And can also argue having newly generated players is a bit more imaginative rather than a 16-year old version of a player you already know well. Maybe we should let our imaginations go a bit more and not care when a duplicated player appears in Master League?

Still, it is so easily solved with an option to enable or disable this setting at the start of the game. But it's pretty clear the majority love the regens so I'll just have to stick to playing 2-3 season long master leagues I guess. :D

Ok this is totally unacceptable,they still rendered old trafford for pes 2020 with the distance btw goal post and stand still the same as the unofficially created one for pes 2016...., i mean seriously konami, this is not old trafford,, this the same pitch as any stadium in the game and they slapped on it the old trafford stands....lazy devs man so lazy,i knew it, i knew they would be too lazy to recreate the stadium all over again

Edit: but I'm also thinking that with budgets and contracts more realistic it might alleviate rodocuridi transfers even if on high. Which in turn could reduce the amount of changes to something more realistic.
If you are planning more than two seasons and dont want to have a complete mess, trust me - Low will be the way to go.
More realistic transfers with realistic prices - all this will be strictly for the user. AI will still shuffle left right and centre.

Suprised to see that so many people enjoy the regens in Master League.

I absolutely hate it, and it completely ruins my immersion. You end up with a guy like Neymar in the youth team that's better than every single guy in your first eleven at age 16. It completely ruins the tactical side of transfer negotiations and building up a team of original Master League misfits. You can simply just sign world class youth players for nothing.

I absolutely hate it, and it completely ruins my immersion. You end up with a guy like Neymar in the youth team that's better than every single guy in your first eleven at age 16
You are exaggerating here. I had a team full of regens on Pes17. After two full seasons they were only reaching around 80 OVR max. Its not even close to what people say. You start them with OVR around 70.
Not to mention that they are made with great details and player ID, adding a lot to immersion.
Again - different people enjoy different things and option to switch then on/off would be ideal.

You can call Master League a fantasy mode, that seems fair, but you can't then define what that idea of fantasy is for other people. For me 16 year old players that are replicas of old men and are better footballers at that age than lots of existing players in the database completely ruins the game once they become prevalent.

Im not saying there has to be an overhaul, but all it takes is one of several different things to improve the system. Why not anonymise the players? Why not lower the starting OVR for all regens by 10 or so, so that the highest rated 16 year old you can get is 60 rather than 70...

Or even better, have options or sliders so that if you do like how it is now, you can keep it that way

You mustn’t of played the older master leagues, there used to be a lot more depth but Konami got rid of it all, still waiting to hear if interactive dialogues will affect players or is it just show, knowing Konami it’s gonna be meaningless cos the guys that have the full game haven’t been talking about it much

You are exaggerating here. I had a team full of regens on Pes17. After two full seasons they were only reaching around 80 OVR max. Its not even close to what people say. You start them with OVR around 70.
Not to mention that they are made with great details and player ID, adding a lot to immersion.
Again - different people enjoy different things and option to switch then on/off would be ideal.

1st season PES 19 Stoke with Crouch as a 16yo with 80+ OVR [or might've been 74OVR - whatever - I stopped playing after 1 season].

Makes you realise PES ML is made for kids.

IMO regens ensure you get bored of the game within a year...just in time to preorder.

Last edited:
Wow, that looks pretty good! Are you using Corinthians too?
I'm loving South American teams in this demo, I usually switch between Sao Paulo and Corinthians (but I've come to prefer the latter) and play against other South American sides.
About Corinthians... I don't know exactly what it is, but Sornoza and Jadson playing together behind the striker are something beautiful to see and to control. I usually play a 4-5-1 with a CDM and two CAMs just to be able to play Sornoza and Jadson in their natural position.
I usually rotate between all the South American sides, playing against a friend where we choose ones of equal strength. Would have been nice to have had some slightly lesser European teams in the demo like we had last year!

how do you have such nice colors, my night games look like someone has accidentally set the TV to 100 contrast
It's on PC and I just followed the instructions upon launch for setting contrast/brightness.

Taken aback by the level of love for the current regen system ie any love for the current regen system.

It, and the excessive quality of youth players, was a major turn off when I rejoined PES last season.

Edit: I see someone making the suggestion on Reddit that you take the end of season legends game and rename all the players in edit mode. When they regen they'll have different names, at least. Decent workaround I guess.

Last edited:

Would have been better (before announcing 10 Sep as release date) :

"After 2019 release problems this year we really wanted to make it up to you and we've learned from errors that occurred last year. We penned in some extra days to work on getting you a great game on 12th Sept."

I’m not a fan of regens.. but that’s not my biggest issue with youth players.

I point blank refuse to promote a youth player if I struggle to say his name. It’s not as horrific as it used to be but you still get names like ‘XCLOMIPHZ’.

Or the random British sounding name that doesn’t match the nationality. Ooh it’s PATTERSON from.... Greece...

So in general I don’t use the youth team, regens, nonsense names, it’s all pretty bad for me. Apologies to anyone named Xclomiphz out there...

I for one, really like the regen system and actually miss it when playing FIFA. Never thought twice about it or questioned it's existence really. I must be in the minority but I hope it stays in ( ideally as an option).

Man, I've never wanted a dislike button more :BLEH:. I just can't play with them for more than two seasons.

Oh why you do that to me...

To make it clear: It's not his fault that it happens, but how much free time do you have in your life to do that instead of enjoying the game?.
Well, maybe he's so into ML that this thing utterly annoys him and he had to fast forward ML until he eventually could find out.
That's what I do at times: when I get to test an "upgrade" of something I own (let's say the new version of the car I have, or the new installment of a videogame series) I usually try and find out if the things that annoyed me are still there.
I know, I must have some mental disorder.

To make it clear: It's not his fault that it happens, but how much free time do you have in your life to do that instead of enjoying the game?.
To be fair to him, if you have the game early you can't really do much. Online isn't an option and offline is, for me at least, not an option until the squads are updated on 12th. I'm hoping/expecting to receive the game by Saturday so it'll be nearly a week until I'm ready to start a Master League. Between then and the 12th I'll be editing, exploring the modes like this guy has and will probably play the odd friendly.

I reckon you're being a little harsh on the guy.

It would definitely seem that an on/off option would work the best. Hopefully Konami can implement it in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom