eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok this is totally unacceptable,they still rendered old trafford for pes 2020 with the distance btw goal post and stand still the same as the unofficially created one for pes 2016...., i mean seriously konami, this is not old trafford,, this the same pitch as any stadium in the game and they slapped on it the old trafford stands....lazy devs man so lazy,i knew it, i knew they would be too lazy to recreate the stadium all over again
Strange it's the same in FIFA 20...

Ok this is totally unacceptable,they still rendered old trafford for pes 2020 with the distance btw goal post and stand still the same as the unofficially created one for pes 2016...., i mean seriously konami, this is not old trafford,, this the same pitch as any stadium in the game and they slapped on it the old trafford stands....lazy devs man so lazy,i knew it, i knew they would be too lazy to recreate the stadium all over again
I think you're being a bit melodramatic, it's not that bad.

Kolasinac weak foot half-volley...

https://gfycat.com/unfinishedunfitdassierat

On manual shooting these kinds of shots from corners almost feel like cheating no matter what player or which foot although usually a fullback takes up these positions in the game.

A small tap of shoot (<50% power) with correct left stick aiming and it's always blasted on target, despite arriving from an angle with pace/height which should be a prime example of causing skied/scuffed shots, especially on a fullback's weak foot... But nope, perfect rockets every time.

Yes and no.
But I have to disagree on that bold part.

In that example, the ball flies towards his foot, so the shot always comes hard.
That´s physics. If you kick a ball that flies towards you, it always gonna be a hard shot unlike a ball that you shoot from a steady position.
I started playing full manual with PES 2017 and in the last releases, hard and soft shots - depending on ball´s behaviour and body position - being performed according to the stats.
If it was a hard or low shot, I would pause and check on stats, to see whether it´s interpreted right and it really mostly was.
In that example, there could have been more error on his weak foot, but the strength in that situation is fine imo.
He got a shot power of 83 but weak foot accuracy of 2.
So I´d say....rocket is fine and about accuracy....well....manual is about aiming and we could go into that manual/assisted discussion again.

Personally I still take it into account that on manual there needs to be more reliability from my aiming.

I honestly don't know how details like where the stand is placed in ONE stadium can bother people so much. There are so many areas that needs improving first before Konami should start focus on things like this.
then why does fifa do it the right way when it comes to stadium recreation...?

On the Master league theme, did post in the ML thread a while ago but its a pretty dead thread i guess until the game is out.

Dog and Duck Pub Team, heres the kits, although I've since changed the team crest

675a199f-c0ea-4cd3-96f7-2047a1bdb5e2

G8wfrsZ.png

6wX4q0E.png

My jaw literally dropped. I wish I had your skills. I can do kits and logos, but I don't have a great fantasy so it is quite hard for me to create fantasy kits and logos that look nice.

It would definitely seem that an on/off option would work the best. Hopefully Konami can implement it in the future.
Future = Next "Year 2 of 3 year cycle". :COOL:
then why does fifa do it the right way when it comes to stadium recreation...?
I'd rather have 10 more stadia with wrong distance between goal post and stand than one stadium with the correct distance. We have much greater issues that actually affect the immersion and gameplay, can't say I'd worry about this minor thing.

But still completely wrong

Completely wrong is, again, melodramatic. It's probably about a yard or so further from the stand than in real life. You're going in hard on fine margins.

My jaw literally dropped. I wish I had your skills. I can do kits and logos, but I don't have a great fantasy so it is quite hard for me to create fantasy kits and logos that look nice.

Get on PESMaster.com, their kit creator is fantastic and incredibly easy to use.

Still not news about myclub?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Your frustration is clear to see, and I can only apologise for the lack of information. The dev team worked hard on getting out ML content, and we are discussing about getting myClub info out there. My travelling this year has impacted some things.<br><br>Sorry again, I’ll do my best.</p>&mdash; Adam Bhatti (@Adam_Bhatti) <a href="">September 4, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Adam tweeted this yesterday. Apparently they are discussing whether to release some Myclub info, just a couple of days before it's release.
It's pretty obvious the mode is the same as last year, otherwise they surely would have announced it by now.

Well, if there's actually nothing new in MyClub, the offline troops actually got a win! Can you believe it? No offence to MyClub players, but this happening in the microtransaction era, when EA is now a completely gold-sucking company? It's a step in the direction most of us here wanted but didn't think would happen. But, meh, this would sell less copies for KONAMI and we'll be back on the mtx track next year, so enjoy this one lads.

Well, if there's actually nothing new in MyClub, the offline troops actually got a win! Can you believe it? No offence to MyClub players, but this happening in the microtransaction era, when EA is now a completely gold-sucking company? It's a step in the direction most of us here wanted but didn't think would happen. But, meh, this would sell less copies for KONAMI and we'll be back on the mtx track next year, so enjoy this one lads.
Whilst it does look that way, I think it's going to depend on what of value is actually in Master League. Do the cutscenes mean anything? Do players react to it? etc.

If not, it's just aesthetics.

Whilst it does look that way, I think it's going to depend on what of value is actually in Master League. Do the cutscenes mean anything? Do players react to it? etc.

If not, it's just aesthetics.
Even if it's not there as much as we'd like, but putting their entire effort for this year's game into offline and none into MyClub? That's something we haven't had in a long, looong time.

Pc turned up Monday so put windows on it and downloaded demo.
Really enjoyed it. Can’t be bothered to tamper with it and extend the timers for a demo so will mod the hell out of the full game which I preordered from cdkeys for £29.99

I'm in a similar boat, my pc arrived last Friday and I've set it all up, installed the demo etc and it runs sweet and smooth. I have also pre-ordered from cd keys as that was the best price I could find, pretty good for £29.99 I thought.
I have tinkered with time extender as 5 minute matches were doing my head in. I've also added some mods, mainly so I can test and tweak them to get them ready for the full game

Imo the reason there shying away form my club news is because they don’t want public perception to be that there focus is on monetisation and not offline..

I’m pretty happy..The changes to gameplay are enough for me and there’s enough content to warrant the price point for a physical copy of the game...It’s retailing for 15 quid cheaper then other new releases.

Simplygames have taken my payment so I imagine there shipping today or possibly tomorrow.

Probably the most excited I’ve been for a pes in many a year..

Yes and no.
But I have to disagree on that bold part.

In that example, the ball flies towards his foot, so the shot always comes hard.
That´s physics. If you kick a ball that flies towards you, it always gonna be a hard shot unlike a ball that you shoot from a steady position.
I started playing full manual with PES 2017 and in the last releases, hard and soft shots - depending on ball´s behaviour and body position - being performed according to the stats.
If it was a hard or low shot, I would pause and check on stats, to see whether it´s interpreted right and it really mostly was.
In that example, there could have been more error on his weak foot, but the strength in that situation is fine imo.
He got a shot power of 83 but weak foot accuracy of 2.
So I´d say....rocket is fine and about accuracy....well....manual is about aiming and we could go into that manual/assisted discussion again.

Personally I still take it into account that on manual there needs to be more reliability from my aiming.
I disagree that fast incoming ball should always result in a hard shot because physics.

Of course it can happen, but that is assuming a perfect contact with the sweet spot on the ball. If you are slightly off in any direction with such a difficult incoming ball, its going to be scuffed/sliced/skied with far less velocity, but this doesn't happen in these situations in PES, especially on manual.

Regens aren't my favourite but I have found them relatively easy to ignore in recent years. I just leave them in the youth team. I actually just ignore the youth team as a whole for the most part. ML has never been about bringing up promising youngsters for me, I buy my players on the market.
Still, an option to turn them off would be better. Or just change the names and scramble the stats, surely that isn't too hard.

yes and no, the deeper you look into this and when you see the given effect and status of the gameplay to see the most clear picture. Individuality is there and its awesome, the problem is actually more the game engine cant reproduce that consistently so they don't try that much if at all.

Here is the last part of your post to explain this better.

The parts in bold i feel are clearly due to engine limitations. Sadly in this generation i think on PES 2017 on PC had AI which could genuinely run at you, not that well but enough to try and dribble past you. on the fox engine PES is too much a passing based game, its taken them an entire console cycle and this hasn't changed this style when AI will kill you with passes over taking you on.

Here is an example here of PES 2013 AI individuality

I think 7.22 to 7.50 is good to watch, to see Barcas buildup to the eventual scrappy goal in the end but please look at my defending here (I'm Sevilla). You can see i'm constantly having to try and anticipate the AI looking for a gap to run past me or try a skill move to get past me. This entire dribble mechanic for the AI don't happen and i'm not sure can happen properly on the fox engine.

PES 2020 in terms of physics, animations etc.. is so, so for ahead of 2013 which is obvious, but the problem is this development in regards animations, physics etc.. have come at a big price to movement individuality to the AI.

You can see Adriano also is a constant menace and was the key protagonist in getting Barca their goal with how he got past me along with Iniesta who with Cesc runs the entire first half.

The issue is making this on PES 2020 is hard, its not like before when you could ignore physics etc.. I'm afraid i had to give up on waiting to see this until we hit the PS5 next year but I'm conservative in that i think it will be possibly PES 2022 until we see this level of individuality with the AI in terms of movement, dribbling and skills.

Now this part, this depends. I agree with you if your using a very good team, you set your team up well and they are playing as you describe without taking their modest stats into account, but i need to see the footage, for all i know he could be a shit defender, giving tons of space for the AI to exploit, again, this is still a passing based game.

As for Burnleys style n terms of tactics, its not too difficult to get the playing as they should, but are more dynamic than people give them credit for.

To finish off this comes into conjunction with what you said regarding Firmino not dropping into the hole. This is easily possible on PES 2019, hell, any of the last few pes games and will easily be implemented this year. The issue is again, Konami's shit formation, Liverpools 4-3-3 is silly, rigid and too conventional. I can say a similar story to Suarez etc... That individuality is there and its better than ever, but the formations need to be setup to bring it out.

I get what you mean. Played PES 13 night in the ML, quickly frustrated that most teams you play against get every man behind the ball so quick.

Hope the AI is ramped up for final game, I do see more players with high speed taking on their man and running down the wing this year, and players like Ronaldo able to cut inside, a lot better than pure pass pass movement we encountered a couple of years back.

Just had a thought, what's the crack with that whole "The Eleven/Project 11" thing they announced?

People already have the retail game and no info has come out, nor have Konami expanded on it.

We were told it's linked to edit mode and something to do with professional designers but there's zero mention of it in ages.

Are we thinking it's a write-off at this point?

Just had a thought, what's the crack with that whole "The Eleven/Project 11" thing they announced?

People already have the retail game and no info has come out, nor have Konami expanded on it.

We were told it's linked to edit mode and something to do with professional designers but there's zero mention of it in ages.

Are we thinking it's a write-off at this point?
Never heard of that, could you post a link?

Imo the reason there shying away form my club news is because they don’t want public perception to be that there focus is on monetisation and not offline..

I’m pretty happy..The changes to gameplay are enough for me and there’s enough content to warrant the price point for a physical copy of the game...It’s retailing for 15 quid cheaper then other new releases.

Simplygames have taken my payment so I imagine there shipping today or possibly tomorrow.

Probably the most excited I’ve been for a pes in many a year..
Yeah simply games have taken my payment too. Really hoping they ship today or tomorrow so could possibly be playing by the weekend!

Edit: Simply Games have just confirmed on Twitter they'll be shipping Friday morning.

@Anderson_PES

From this interview: https://www.gamereactor.eu/efootball-pes-2020-demo-includes-edit-mode-and-14-real-teams/

Finally, what is The Eleven that was teased at E3? We asked Bobzien in London, and this is what he told us:

"The Eleven is linked to the Edit Mode since we will work with professional artists and we will create or provide very unique and bespoke kits moving forward. So this is a campaign we will talk more about the release of the demo, but just to clear out any rumours, Project Eleven is linked to the Edit Mode."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom