eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I think Konami are having great fun implementing patches and then just looking at all the Pes forums as people are going mad.
I have nothing to base this on, but I totally believe that the devs play around with the code on a whim, and no log is made, hence why the changelogs are always along the lines of: "General changes, probably? Dunno, feels a bit different? Give it a go!"

I think this because there have been a few changes over the years that weren't mentioned but have been proven beyond doubt - even silent bugfixes - so gameplay changes do happen.

Chris - Konami's lack of transparency astounds me.
When you look at the deep dives and timelines and detailed patch notes with images and videos and graphs showing and proving the changes by EA for FIFA it becomes totally comical at how Konami approach it.
In fairness, they've only recently started doing this - and thank God they have - but it's mainly so that EA have something to refer to when legions of FUTboys shout "Y U DO DIS SHIT", so they can go "read this article, it's because it's not realistic to do a 180-degree blind 35-yard-pass to a striker is it, you fool".

Regardless of the reason EA do it though, they still do it.
everyone knows exactly whats been worked on, whats changed, why its changed and we get shown videos and iages of the changes before and after.
Professional approach, Konami lack professionalism.

In fairness, they've only recently started doing this - and thank God they have - but it's mainly so that EA have something to refer to when legions of FUTboys shout "Y U DO DIS SHIT", so they can go "read this article, it's because it's not realistic to do a 180-degree blind 35-yard-pass to a striker is it, you fool".

Did they change that much since FIFA 17?
As far as I remember, doing it was just a matter of disabling "automatic updates" in Origin and then switching it to offline before launching the game (at least it was the case with FIFA 14 to 16), but once you were offline you would be able to play the "DVD" version with no trouble.
Also Steam can do that to some extent.
I haven't found a switch to turn automatic game updates off, but I scheduled the "automatic update" between 4 and 5 AM: no way I'd still be playing that late into the night. I'm not a University student anymore. :LOL:

No, it's still totally "doable", but I remember Origin making me login again every two accesses or something, plus all that stuff already said.. with no updates you also don't have transfers, faces and the rest of the "good". Without counting that it's a time-limited option anyway, since sooner or later you'll have to reinstall Origin and/or the game for whatever reason (format, or change of PC) and you'll get the updated one.

It's all terribly impratical by their own choice.

Hi guys,

Haven’t been reading here since I left to New York City last week (I’m at page 282, AND ON VACATION) but I want to send you greetings from NYC!!

Bear hug to all of you from the states!!
7f32f810-28aa-4dc0-9h2jdi.jpeg

Been to New York Red Bull’s vs Colorado Rapids! That was some fun.
Little stadium but good atmosphere. Not Europe style but ok’ish! I had my share of fun.
Beers are huge (0.70 liters a can), football skill level is at German second league, people are nice!! Really enjoyed that trip!!

Alright guys, ride that hype train till release...
I’m good taking my mind off of PES for now (only thinking of it while I’m posting here), enjoying the vacation and yes...
Just enjoying life!!
All the best to you, I’ll be back here coming the release date...

:) :BYE:

Edit: sorry for ot. Just thought my message is reaching the most users In here!

Edit: some more pics for you guys!
Central Park:
c141c159-b1c5-44f8-9ztjuo.jpeg

You gotta have breakfast at Labor Day! ;)
e22b25f3-a717-4297-871j28.jpeg

Breakfast the other day...
33c9ce6c-2872-4f09-9agkr5.jpeg

We had to break fast when we walked by pinkberry’s... ;)
756a22cd-9d69-4284-9myjki.jpeg

Last edited:
For the last two days im trying to find a pic Ive seen on twitter from Pes20.
It was Gabriel and his reaction to something that happened on the pitch. Dont know was he fouled, or missed, or maybe someone missed.. anyway - he was walking with this big, sarcastic smile, while opponents were fuming.
It looked absolutely unbelievable and I wanted to show you guys, but I cant find it.
..I guess Im also trying to prove myself that it was indeed from Pes20, not from a real match.. :LOL:

For the last two days im trying to find a pic Ive seen on twitter from Pes20.
It was Gabriel and his reaction to something that happened on the pitch. Dont know was he fouled, or missed, or maybe someone missed.. anyway - he was walking with this big, sarcastic smile, while opponents were fuming.
It looked absolutely unbelievable and I wanted to show you guys, but I cant find it.
..I guess Im also trying to prove myself that it was indeed from Pes20, not from a real match.. :LOL:

When you say Gabriel, you mean Gabriel Jesus?

https://m.twitch.tv/jeyspeed
Watching the stream now. Last match ended with 1 foul for cpu and 1 foul for the player. Not sure if he is playing with the latest patch though. But the gameplay look amazing this year
His numbers were the same before the update, I think it was @Ameppe who pointed this out (could be wrong). Could be the ML, and/or the way he plays, rather than anything else.

So he is playing with the updated version right now?
I would imagine so, he's a casual player, right? So he's not going to stop today's update from applying - and if he's online (i.e. streaming, directly from the PS4) then... I'd say so.

If the stream lets you rewind, it should show you a version number on the start screen (at least, the previous PS4 PES games have). Compare that to previous streams to be sure!

I did..Nothing yet..

I will keep you posted!

I have a theory that we might get it on Saturday.
The game is out Tuesday.
They won't dispatch Monday in case it's late; they've never in my years using them dispatched it the day before.
Their opening hours don't include Saturdays so they're highly unlikely to dispatch then.
That leaves Friday as dispatch day.
1st class post should see it delivered on Saturday.

I like how the CPU plays in this stream. Goes back to GK, makes mistakes etc. Doesn't just pile forward every single move like in PES 2019.

Excited for next week now!

I find it EXTREMELY stressful thinking of a side to play with.

Spurs or Inter for me I think, I usually choose a 'smaller' club, this year I want to go for the league and CL.

https://m.twitch.tv/jeyspeed
Watching the stream now. Last match ended with 1 foul for cpu and 1 foul for the player. Not sure if he is playing with the latest patch though. But the gameplay look amazing this year
his playstyle forced fast pace game, just ping pong, pass forward and run forward, no build up
it made the ai play even more direct
if you still think the gameplay look amazing, then it will be a really really really good game for you LOL

Nice Milan Juve from that stream.

Juve Torino about to go now. Really curious to see how the rival game will play.

I always wait a little while and keep an eye on PESGaming.com. Reason being, not all option files get rid of player duplicates (in some cases, triplicates) and nothing spoils a Master League faster for me than finding out a player exists at his current club, his old club and his national team.

Half the time it's not because of the guys making the option file, it's because Konami's live updates, DPs etc. dupe them - they're a frigging nightmare for it.

But that's more important to me than having all the right kits etc. day one.

YES! Getting rid of duplicates and fake names is step one. The cosmetics can wait.

Lot of "human" errors.. very nice..

I also just saw Alex Sandro touching his leg in a "cut scene" almost at the end of the match, as he was about to get injured.. then the guy here subbed him.. another nice touch which togheter with the Thiago Alcantara video emorth I think provided us with time ago, should hoepfully give us some depth in injuries back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom