eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
keep in mind that the trailer mentioned young players not youth player
the trailer at that part showed Theo who is the new signing on AC Milan this summer
and this player fulfills what young players mean
so it doesn't say youth players but young players

Yeah.
Personally i don't expect another system.

Imo, there's no way konami would have changed the regen system without shouting about it, I imagine it will be the same as ever. It appears that many people like them, for the rest of us there needs to be an option in ML set-up (as there is for 'classic' players) to turn them off and have random creations instead. Come on konami!

Imo, there's no way konami would have changed the regen system without shouting about it, I imagine it will be the same as ever. It appears that many people like them, for the rest of us there needs to be an option in ML set-up (as there is for 'classic' players) to turn them off and have random creations instead. Come on konami!
That would be the best option for everyone.
As Im always using weak teams and dont really do any transfers, I like to build my team on regens, bringing them up from 70 OVR up, throughout the years.

Regens always look da business in compare to all other young players, plus commentators know their names, which adds immersion during matches. Very rarely Id get someone like Ronaldo. Most of the time regens im getting are less known, so it doesnt bother me.

But it really annoys me how we didnt get any specifics about Master League, just some watered down, coded bullcrap.

Like, for example:
"Utilise pre season by testing youth players to see if they fit in the squad" and in the background we see training ground.
Sounds cool, right?

But it might as well mean that there will be short cutscene from training ground and then we will just have this awful fucking ICC tournament, where we face top teams regardless what team are we using.

Pointless, stupid and basically NOTHING new.

This type of shit really gets me. Every single year, every single "news" they give us automatically raises suspicions. And 8/10 times its just nicely worded feature that was in the game previously, or still is!

Breathe in... breathe out... breathe in... breathe out...

Anyway - is there official list of teams, leagues, stadiums anywhere?
Couldnt find it on Konamis website.
Still loving the game. Forgive my episode.

As Im always using weak teams and dont really do any transfers, I like to build my team on regens, bringing them up from 70 OVR up, throughout the years.

Regens always look da business in compare to all other young players, plus commentators know their names, which adds immersion during matches. Very rarely Id get someone like Ronaldo. Most of the time regens im getting are less known, so it doesnt bother me.

But it really annoys me how we didnt get any specifics about Master League, just some watered down, coded bullcrap.

Like, for example:
"Utilise pre season by testing youth players to see if they fit in the squad" and in the background we see training ground.
Sounds cool, right?

But it might as well mean that there will be short cutscene from training ground and then we will just have this awful fucking ICC tournament, where we face top teams regardless what team are we using.

This type of shit really gets me. Every single year, every single "news" they give us automatically raises suspicions. And 8/10 times its just nicely worded feature that was in the game previously, or still is!

https://www.konami.com/wepes/2020/eu/en/all/page/license

Like, for example:
Sounds cool, right?

I wish we could choose the type of pre season we wanted I.e.

If I’m Villa, I’ve got the choice of playing a few pre season matches abroad against the likes of Nice and Auxerre.

Or if I’m Man Utd, I can choose whether to go to a pre season tournament in China or US or whatever.

I’d love us to be able to organise a pre season tournament, like liaise with the club secretary and tell them how far you want/don’t want to travel etc. The bigger and more successful you get, the tours are more financially rewarding.

We don’t get enough choice in either game for pre season. Like, I might start as Preston NE. First pre season game is Inter Milan in the ICC. I hate it, it’s stupid.

Savage, thank you. Do yous recon they might add some stadiums along with Data Packs?
We know they'll add some for Euro Cup, but other than that?
They dont really have any new partners that came in late, like last year.. unless some italian stadiums maybe?

Yes, I would believe so. Or maybe they are having a different strategy this year - because off the criticism from Scottish fans last year?

I still hope for some Italian love, now they got the license - but I really don’t believe so. I think they will prioritize teams/stadiums that will expand their market shares in different countries actually.

I still hope for some Italian love, now they got the license - but I really don’t believe so. I think they will prioritize teams/stadiums that will expand their market shares in different countries actually
I forgot about all the licensed leagues they brought last year and dont have a single stadium... there is more than enough to keep them busy for few years, if they pulled their socks up... :LOL:

I edit all competition balls to the Pes2013 one because it emphasises how much the ball is spinning. Don't know why but I like that!
I love that ball. I didn’t mean them balls though, I mean the silly leather thing, and the black and white ‘99p’ ball you buy from the little shop at the beach. Who uses them? I’m betting...not one person.

THe game isn't out here. There is one Belgian who soehow has the retail version, but that must be because he is a tester or something like that… IMO there is one Belgian who has the game. Unfortunately, it's not me.

Actually there's a shop who's Selling pes2020 already . I'm having my copy tomorrow...

Which one is it?
I used to absolutely adore this one:
View attachment 19127

This one!

images

This looks very good,i watched the last game in full,Juve v Sassuolo.
Nice to see the Ai mixing it up with long/short passing.
Dribbling a lot,shooting a lot.
I saw a 79% passing for the CPU (on SS) which is great, previous games much higher percentage.

Great to see Sassuolo backing off when being 1-0 up with 20 min to go.
Ball physics are insane in this game,I must say.
Bit disappointing that they have the eFootball logo in the cutscenes when they have a full Serie A licence.
For me as a PA0 player (saw that the guy playing it switched to PA1 mid game) won't be playing SS.

I'm pretty much sold on this

This looks very good,i watched the last game in full,Juve v Sassuolo.
Nice to see the Ai mixing it up with long/short passing.
Dribbling a lot,shooting a lot.
I saw a 79% passing for the CPU (on SS) which is great, previous games much higher percentage.

Great to see Sassuolo backing off when being 1-0 up with 20 min to go.
Ball physics are insane in this game,I must say.
Bit disappointing that they have the eFootball logo in the cutscenes when they have a full Serie A licence.
For me as a PA0 player (saw that the guy playing it switched to PA1 mid game) won't be playing SS.

Praying videogames gods that after the day one patch the gameplay will be like this or better. This confirms that the final game is the demo. If the game with the patch will be worse i blame feedback.

Gotta say - me too. Just waiting for one trusted person to tell me its close to the demo and Im hitting the PSN.
If, somehow, they manage to fuck it up completely, then ill probably still get it, but second hand.

Praying videogames gods that after the day one patch the gameplay will be like this or better. This confirms that the final game is the demo. If the game with the patch will be worse i blame feedback.
Yes,fingers crossed they won't be fucking this one up.
They patched a bad Pes 19 to a less bad one,and a bad 18 to a ok 18,so fingers crossed.
Could be the tiki taka guys wanting a different gameplay,those could be the problem

Gotta say - me too. Just waiting for one trusted person to tell me its close to the demo and Im hitting the PSN.
If, somehow, they manage to fuck it up completely, then ill probably still get it, but second hand.
I know how direct and horrible Pes can be on SS,this looked far from it.
Dude played 10 min on PA0/PA1 (switched mid game) and still it played quite calm,he should have buried Sassuolo,but he didn't,more his playing than the CPU.

You and me will probably play on TP/professional right?
It's a 99% first day/pre order for me I guess

What could be worst case scenario guys? The feedback on twitter was towards the ref's mostly right? I guess it could f- up the balance or something if they tinker with it to much. I know some people moaned about the pace but A LOT of people praised it as well.

Last edited:
I know how direct and horrible Pes can be on SS,this looked far from it.
Dude played 10 min on PA0/PA1 (switched mid game) and still it played quite calm,he should have buried Sassuolo,but he didn't,more his playing than the CPU.

You and me will probably play on TP/professional right?
It's a 99% first day/pre order for me I guess
Chris was showing me some bloke playing on Legend, and even this looked very good. At least offensive AI. Still slow, lovely build up, no ping pong. Only problem for us would be defense, coz ive seen some insane pressure from AI. Almost instantly there were 2/3 AI players on his back. On PA0 we wouldnt have time to fart...

Im liking top player for the moment. We'll see how this 'ramped up' AI will behave and how ML script will influence the AI.

Chris was showing me some bloke playing on Legend, and even this looked very good. At least offensive AI. Still slow, lovely build up, no ping pong. Only problem for us would be defense, coz ive seen some insane pressure from AI. Almost instantly there were 2/3 AI players on his back. On PA0 we wouldnt have time to fart...

Im liking top player for the moment. We'll see how this 'ramped up' AI will behave and how ML script will influence the AI.
Quite happy that the CPU puts pressure straight away,maybe not the shit teams,but deffo the good ones should
It's going to be rough on PA0,remember it being a nightmare when Pes 18 came out

Ps @fregen congrats mate,nice to see that your team did well under pressure tonight,we were useless today,haven't won at your place since -01.

THe game isn't out here. There is one Belgian who soehow has the retail version, but that must be because he is a tester or something like that… IMO there is one Belgian who has the game. Unfortunately, it's not me.
There are at least two Belgians who have the game, usernames on Twitter are @jeyspeed (the one who had the late crisis of conscience about "leaking" stuff because PES Universe had a moan, lol) and @adrien20674610, who has been diligently sharing stats/faces, though also soliciting donations for his efforts (unlike the OG for this last year, Hakoom).

Actually there's a shop who's Selling pes2020 already . I'm having my copy tomorrow...
Yes, this is what I heard. If you do get a copy, enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom