eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
and every game starts with a attacking mindset from the cpu(there red)..

Don't actually like this part (everything else I agree). Every team that visits seems to switch into red the second the game starts, while when you are the away team they usually set off with neutral, sometimes even blue. Should be the other way around, really. I can understand that you appreciate the extra challenge, but it doesn't seem very realistic (unless you are facing Liverpool or ManCity perhaps). Colo Colo coming to Munich and go like "yeah, let's press the shit out of them the moment we kick off cause we have unlimited stamina and what do we care about how things develop"... not my thing.

On Pro the ai is way less direct, i barely see the pass to the striker scenario. PC mods on the horizont to reduce the freq of the direct attacking patterns.

Out of any negativity or positivity, maybe it is only me, I find a little bit awkward and cringe the scenes with Cruyf as manager. I am not sure why, cause the MyClub Legend Cruyff doesn’t trigger me at all, maybe because it is his younger self. But with the manager avatar Cruyff , being is the “form” he passed away recently, something creates me goosebump vibes.
It is strange cause classic players who have died do not bother me at all.

I felt the same way seeing Cruyf too so it's not only you probably lots of us as well, but one would suppose that his family gave the OK for him to be animated and presented like this in the game.

I still don't like it very much though regardless of any permissions granted, I find it a wee bit distasteful myself.

I find having Cruyff there as a manager a bit creepy as well... It wouldn't bother me if it were in MyClub because it's obviously just a complete fantasy mode, where you can have a team of legendary players from many different decades, so why not the manager too?...

ML is more grounded in reality - you're playing with/against current real teams in the 2019/20 season. Using the recreation of a dead person for the manager of your team just doesn't sit right with me in this context.

I find having Cruyff there as a manager a bit creepy as well... It wouldn't bother me if it were in MyClub because it's obviously just a complete fantasy mode, where you can have a team of legendary players from many different decades, so why not the manager too?...

ML is more grounded in reality - you're playing with/against current real teams in the 2019/20 season. Using the recreation of a dead person for the manager of your team just doesn't sit right with me in this context.
Yeah that is quite weird in my opinion even disrespectful

I mean Barcelona gave the okay, they are official partners. They probably see it as a legacy thing, or am homage. It's completely harmless IMO.

His family/estate would have obviously signed off on this. No point in taking offence if they don't. Bruce Lee has been in MMA games, and pretty sure some legend types have featured in other sports games who have long since passed.

It is an additional revenue stream for these folks' families/estates and it isn't like they are deep faking them to sell insurance or something. It's all very much them featuring in a product that is centered round what they were known for. I dare say the family maybe like that he is being immortalised to some degree.

With all the fuss regarding how the ML trailer was just about the cutscenes, even if one or two of the new stuff works like it should (player morale, transfer system), it'll be a huge improvement over the last 2-3 years. Then we can definitely say that 2020 was the year when they actually put more work into offline than online. And that's a good sign, right?

Has anyone noticed Barcelona's transfer budget in that ML trailer? 3,6 billion €?? Around 1:17 mark. And 333 milions for salaries.

Last edited:
The thing to remember about Konami depicting Cruyff in the game is that they obviously wouldn’t have done it without full consent first.

I can understand if anybody was to find it a bit strange, but if his family are cool with it, there’s no need to overthink it :)) I’m sure there are Barca fans who are actually really pleased / proud with a homage to the man in a modern game.

I don’t mind it personally. I wouldn’t say I like it, but I don’t dislike it. I just don’t have any feeling about it either way. If they had included someone with more.... (I’m not sure what the right word to use is) distressing circumstances around their death id probably be a whole lot more uncomfortable with it.

Has anyone noticed Barcelona's transfer budget in that ML trailer? 3,6 billion €?? Around 1:17 mark. And 333 milions for salaries.

Yeah I did. It seems totally off.

But I have also seen Feyenoord have a starting budget on 9 mio euro. That seems good.

Juventus around 120 mio euro. Maybe a little too much, but De Ligt isn't in the team in the full game right now, so maybe ok?

I don't demand perfect budgets. Just so we in general can't buy star players for mid table teams. At least not all the time.

Some questions I have:

1) Does someone know you can create a custom manager in ML, or should you always use a legend manager?
2) EURO DLC: will it include qualification process? Because putting all Nations in it, doesn't mean this will be in it

I’ve been playing the Xbox One X version all evening.

It’s identical (gameplay wise) to the PS4 Pro version - it just runs a little smoother and the console stays nice and quiet.

Can we please stop with the “X version is so much better the Pro version sucks” thing? It’s the same game on both machines. I can’t speak for PC version, haven’t tried it.

Some questions I have:

1) Does someone know you can create a custom manager in ML, or should you always use a legend manager?
2) EURO DLC: will it include qualification process? Because putting all Nations in it, doesn't mean this will be in it
By the looks of it, they removed the feature to create a custom manager, unfortunately.
Don't think they said anything about the qualification in the EURO DLC.

I read a few weeks ago (can’t remember where and could be bullshit, but would certainly tie in with this) that you can set your own budgets before starting ML.

Some questions I have:

1) it looks like there are 'made-up' managers that aren't legends. As anderson said, it appears, from the leaked streams, there is no option to create a manager from scratch.

I read a few weeks ago (can’t remember where and could be bullshit, but would certainly tie in with this) that you can set your own budgets before starting ML.
Yes you can. Something like..normal,high and low. Same thing for transfer difficulty and frequency..there are several options.

ezgif-4-f176fc24df0b.gif
Konami‘s dirty little goal prevention tricks. I had this a lot in 2019. Hoped it would not be an issue in 2020 anymore.

It was my own man who deflected it after a totally non-sensical run.
To be fair this happens in football.

I hated PES 2015 (or might have been 2016) because every single shot I tried outside the box flew in. It was ridiculous.

I’m getting loads of variation in regards to outcome of my long shots in this demo. Whilst I do think the shooting is still pretty poor compared to the other game, I do like that you can’t score the same identical goal each and every time.

To be fair this happens in football.

I hated PES 2015 (or might have been 2016) because every single shot I tried outside the box flew in. It was ridiculous.

I know that this happens in real football, it’s not like PES is my only contact with the sport. You also don’t need to defend the game, I like it as much as you do. But don’t tell me you wouldn’t have been pissed if that happened to you.

It wasn’t about deflections either but about a stupid AI move ruining a nice build up (for once) and a potentially nice goal. It happened one to many times in 2019 that one of my own blocked a shot, that’s why I made that comment about the “dirty trick”.

Tongue in cheek.

I know that this happens in real football, it’s not like PES is my only contact with the sport. You also don’t need to defend the game, I like it as much as you do. But don’t tell me you wouldn’t have been pissed if that happened to you.

It wasn’t about deflections either but about a stupid AI move ruining a nice build up (for once) and a potentially nice goal. It happened one to many times in 2019 that one of my own blocked a shot, that’s why I made that comment about the “dirty trick”.

Tongue in cheek.
Cmon mate it was a shot from outside of the box its not like it was from 4 yards out. Shots from that distance will always have a chance of a deflection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom