eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cagliari (AI) went full on park the bus with the lowest defense level (blue). 10 men behind the ball. Never seen that in the demo

Last edited:
Sorry for repeating myself here.

Just had another match and they´ve definitely did something with the fouls.
Again....I lead 1:0 and AI plays a lot more agressive. Sliding tackles and ref calls them!
That didn´t happen before.
My player even got injured cause of this.
I´m on professional difficulty.

KONAMI! Don´t change this!

Cagliari (AI) went to full park the bus with the lowest defense level (blue). 10 men behind the ball. Never seen that in the demo

And while the guy was playing full attack and with high defensive line leaving so much space for counterattacks, Cagliari scored the 4th. I don't know why the CPU shouldn't be direct when you are leaving them so much space. There is nothing wrong with that.

Sorry for repeating myself here.

Just had another match and they´ve definitely did something with the fouls.
Again....I lead 1:0 and AI plays a lot more agressive. Sliding tackles and ref calls them!
That didn´t happen before.
My player even got injured cause of this.
I´m on professional difficulty.

KONAMI! Don´t change this!
the game is totally fine in exhibition
you just need to worry about ml

difficult to judge the game based off someone else playing really. This guy probably should be paying on one difficulty setting down.

I remember someone here saying free kicks are way too easy and its a gamebreaker. I found a way to make them quite difficult for myself, by accident.
I switched power bar completely off, for the immersion and nice look. And now I have nice and balanced free kicks since ive no idea how much power im putting in. Game became more challenging and fun in general, so might be a good tip for some.
(AI free kicks dont bother me to much, most of the time im blocking them when jumping at the right moment.)

well that guy on the twitch is really bad, sad to watch it
and maybe we could also apply the rule this year: don't judge by watching a video
we need to play it with our hands

well that guy on the twitch is really bad, sad to watch it
and maybe we could also apply the rule this year: don't judge by watching a video
we need to play it with our hands
Yeah, I'll be the first to admit that I didn't see much difference in the pre-demo vids when comparing them to 2019, but here we are loving the demo.

The one thing I think you can judge is the AI, though. I still think they're horribly direct with every team but, again, Legend difficulty seems to be the saviour in that regard. It may be that Legend makes all teams press you to death, but I think I'd prefer that if it means build-up play...

Last edited:
Last game was much more enjoyable because he finally stopped playing full attack and was more balanced, as result the whole match was more balanced too.

The good thing is i don't see any offensive pattern, like in Pes 2019 all the teams going on the flank. Here all CPU teams mostly scored different kind of goals.

the game is totally fine in exhibition
you just need to worry about ml

That´s true.
I hope it stays that way.

Another thing:

I scored a freekick goal today.
WOW!!!!
Nah, just kidding, actually left me cold but what I really liked and what I haven´t seen in PES in a long time was the behaviour of the GK.
He just stood there helpless, not diving, like he didn´t see the ball flying over the human wall.

Yeah will be! Haven't don't so since PES 13 I think lol

Have been lurking on that thread, sounds great, must check it out further.
Unfortunately on PS4 mate which is a shame.
Aah,to bad man!
Yeah have a deeper check if interested.
We're kicking off a new league in the fall,with a couple of divisions ,I've chose Milan there.
Pes 6 is downloadable in one of the forum threads as well

Yeah, I'll be the first to admit that I didn't see much difference in the pre-demo vids when comparing them to 2019, but here we are loving the demo.

The one thing I think you can judge is the AI, though. I still think they're horribly direct but, again, Legend difficulty seems to be the saviour in that regard.
I don't think any football game's ai nowadays is not direct in high difficulty
so I knew it and I am forced to accept this sad truth and move on
surely we are not happy about that

Am I missing something or have they not talked about MyClub yet?

I'm not a big fan of the mode but still interested to hear what is coming, perhaps more offline modes for it?

Am I missing something or have they not talked about MyClub yet?

I'm not a big fan of the mode but still interested to hear what is coming, perhaps more offline modes for it?
Adam has said on Twitter this morning that they'll release a Master League trailer today (almost seems like they're being forced into it thanks to these early buyers), and as for MyClub...

"Let me try and find something out" doesn't sound great!

Adam has said on Twitter this morning that they'll release a Master League trailer today (almost seems like they're being forced into it thanks to these early buyers), and as for MyClub...

"Let me try and find something out" doesn't sound great!

thanks, that's good timing!

I can't imagine they have a huge amount to share if they didn't announce it at the big exhibitions over the summer.

I will wait to be pleasantly surprised though :)

Jesus H. Christ the AI is ridiculously direct. Just constantly smashing the ball straight forwards.

Gameplay looks unchanged from the demo though.
Following this on and what i said about passing lanes, Seems it's a game of two halves. They will pass it back and sideways in their own half but no matter what i done last night once the AI was in my half no matter how hard i tried to stop the passing lanes they would never pass it back or sideways.

On the new master league trailer it mentions : use pre season to intergrate youth prospects?? new academy revamp?

Looks amazing, dont get all the negativity, easily the best master league yet

It's normal.
The negativity is normal. Always happens.
As soon as someone who has the game sees something they don't like, they take it to Twitter and it spirals down from there creating a huge snowball of he say she say. Or, the newer scenario: As soon as someone who doesn't have the game, and is watching someone else playing the full game on Twitch, sees something they don't like, they take it to Twitter, Reddit or Evo-Web.

solid base, at least they know how to get the transfer fee right as the real world
but I am more concerned about the transfer activity level and difficulty of negotiation that they didn't introduce in the trailer but they could play a huge part in the ml
it could really prevent you getting bored and annoyed after a few seasons because the ai always made stupid transfers
Also they need to release the freedom and remove the bars in negotiation next year
its annoying that you can't set the exact amount of money

Absolutely no specifics... Largely cut-scenes, they talk about stories that develop but do they actually effect player morale, or your opponents' player morale, or are they just for show?

The pre-season youth integration sounds promising but what does it actually mean? Because all they seem to say is that, you can play kids in pre-season and it'll get you more "followers", which - I mean, what's the point? Is that basically just a high score to compare to your friends?

I know I'm negative but other than the transfer stuff (which is great) all I'm seeing is cut-scenes!

You have to give Konami that they are actually trying this year. No, it won't be perfect. We will see licenses not implemented fully etc.. But I have to say. In a time where most companies focus on online gaming, this is refreshing.

I know we can look back and say that if we go 10 years back, these changes were already there.. It's just returning additions etc. etc...

But you know what. Times HAS changed and I am fully willing to accept this and enjoy the game for the first time in the PS4 era.

Absolutely no specifics... Largely cut-scenes, they talk about stories that develop but do they actually effect player morale, or your opponents' player morale, or are they just for show?

The pre-season youth integration sounds promising but what does it actually mean? Because all they seem to say is that, you can play kids in pre-season and it'll get you more "followers", which - I mean, what's the point? Is that basically just a high score to compare to your friends?

I know I'm negative but other than the transfer stuff (which is great) all I'm seeing is cut-scenes!

No, I get what you mean. I felt the same way. But I still think it's a great trailer. I mean, this trailer are not only for us, who are already fans of the game, but also to appeal to new potential customers and I think this might get a guy or two interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom