eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks great but no customisation. FIFA's managers look great but up to now they've had no customisation, and let me tell you something - every time the camera goes to "my" manager, I think "who's that?" Every time I forget it's supposed to be me for a second. Because it's so clearly not me.

Actually, I usually think it's Matt10 (because all his YouTube vids use the same character). :LOL: So I'm a bit disappointed here.

One thing i don't like: you can't create your own manager. You have to use the preset ones. You can change their names and nationalities but the appearance is completely preset. Unless there is a way to edit them in edit mode that's really disappointing and it will severly hurt the impact they wanted to have with the new cutscenes.

The managers look great....no doubt.
But I don´t get why we need them for ML?
Is there any difference in my career when I pick Maradona Or Cruyff or is it just cosmetic??

The different managers made sense in myclub.
But in ML it´s my career and I wanna customize my own manager - in most cases myself...so...I don´t really get that point.
Also...I never had any high hopes with it. A few new cutscenes, manager models....that´s it.
Just hope the transfers are reworked for real at least.

Been playing a couple of games yesterday and I don´t know (as usual) if the latest update has changed anything on gameplay, but the foul system feels to being reworked a bit.
I had a game against Bayern and when I was leading 1:0, they seemed to be pissed off and fouled me a lot.
Even got a few yellow cards.
That felt nice!

Same thing when I played against Juventus. Juventus was leading 2:0 and I scored with a nice chip shot (the first one for a long time). So it was 2:1 and in the last minutes of the game, AI was playing a lot more agressive and fouled me a lot, just like they were scared I´d make it to 2:2.
Brilliant!

Yeah,I haven't played more than 20 games or something (demo) have a ML on Pes 18
Same here can't play 5 min games,need my 20 min:)
You buying first day pal?
I'm involved in a Pes 6 manager league over at the retro thread,you should have a look at it if your in to retro games,just pick your team and tactics,and @mattmid sims them,brilliant stuff!
I'm on Xbox,so if you're too,we should deffo play Vs each other

Yeah will be! Haven't don't so since PES 13 I think lol

Have been lurking on that thread, sounds great, must check it out further.
Unfortunately on PS4 mate which is a shame.

Sad to hear that you can't create your own manager anymore, but just choose between a couple of preset faces. Always hated this in previus FIFA's.

But it's just Konami in a nutshell I guess. Adding som features, while removing others.

What the fuck is Segunda D?
Sounds like a Mexican rapper or something.:DD
hqdefault.jpg

This is disrespectful attitude and racism

Probably some contextual / cultural miscommunication/misinterpretation going on here.

Saying that saying ' "Segunda D sounds like a Mexican rapper or something" is a disrepectful attitude and racism ' could also be seen as disrespectful and racist, no? (i.e. Is there any reason why Segunda D could not really be the name of a Mexican rapper?)

Case closed.

Same here. Happy that I didn't give more that mess...

Perhaps they will lower it closer to release but atm Elgiganten has it for 599 SEK (somewhere around 415 danish that is).

Just a friendly tip: I will personally probably get it from ShopTo.net (I'm from Denmark) where it's 36£ including shipping = 429 SEK = 296 DKK.

Guys im not sure if there is any point of analysing full game from the leaked clips..
I think thats still Demo Code. All the tweaks based on feedback will be delivered with day1 patch. Unless is a Legend difficulty, since we dont have that option.

Just saw more gameplay and got a bit worried.. In superstar weaker teams are very good on the ball. Too good in my opinion. Also.. Fouls. Can't find them.
gameplay in ml right? always a different story and the script will always be there
people said ai is easy in demo just because they are playing exhibition

Just saw more gameplay and got a bit worried.. In superstar weaker teams are very good on the ball. Too good in my opinion. Also.. Fouls. Can't find them.

As long as they are not completely disregarding stats and scoring scripted goals it's good enough. A boost, especially in Master League, was always going to happen otherwise it would be way too easy to win.

I don't agree with their way to increase difficulty, introducing artificial difficulty and boosts, but until football games and games in general don't really focus on AI this will always be the case. AI in games is simply not smart enough to be a challenge without the games boosting them.

In jrpgs, rpg, action games, higher difficulty means a lot more HP and damage being multiplied by 2 or 3. In football games higher difficulty means more assistance in passing and boosted player stats.

As long as they are not completely disregarding stats and scoring scripted goals it's good enough. A boost, especially in Master League, was always going to happen otherwise it would be way too easy to win.

I don't agree with their way to increase difficulty, introducing artificial difficulty and boosts, but until football games and games in general don't really focus on AI this will always be the case. AI in games is simply not smart enough to be a challenge without the games boosting them.

In jrpgs, rpg, action games, higher difficulty means a lot more HP and damage being multiplied by 2 or 3. In football games higher difficulty means more assistance in passing and boosted player stats.

https://www.twitch.tv/jeyspeed

So disappointed right now.. Big problems. The guy is playing on Superstar and is down 0-2 after 20 minutes against Cagliari. First goal was a counter attack.. Fair enough. Next one.. A direct free kick.

Problems.

https://www.twitch.tv/jeyspeed

So disappointed right now.. Big problems. The guy is playing on Superstar and is down 0-2 after 20 minutes against Cagliari. First goal was a counter attack.. Fair enough. Next one.. A direct free kick.

Problems.
Mate you're worrying about nothing. This guy is utter sh*te, have you seen him try to build play just once? He's just passing forward and spamming through ball every time.

Mate you're worrying about nothing. This guy is utter sh*te, have you seen him try to build play just once? He's just passing forward and spamming through ball every time.

Yeah mate.. He is playing it very badly. Not helping at all.. But i am still worried about the passing skills for less good teams and the ''perfect goals''.

Yeah mate.. He is playing it very badly. Not helping at all.. But i am still worried about the passing skills for less good teams and the ''perfect goals''.
I'd still rather it be like this and challenging than me winning 3-0 every match with Hull City like the other game.

But like I say, this guy we're watching is BAD. Plus no-one is going to be good at the game this early, we've got to learn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom