eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely no specifics... Largely cut-scenes, they talk about stories that develop but do they actually effect player morale, or your opponents' player morale, or are they just for show?

The pre-season youth integration sounds promising but what does it actually mean? Because all they seem to say is that, you can play kids in pre-season and it'll get you more "followers", which - I mean, what's the point? Is that basically just a high score to compare to your friends?

I know I'm negative but other than the transfer stuff (which is great) all I'm seeing is cut-scenes!
I agree, I think they focus wrongly, I am more curious about the transfer activity level and difficulty of negotiation
still I hope they keep developing ml base on this year
in the last few years, there was almost absolutely no improvement at all
and now they prove that if they really want to develop ml
they could easily improve it in one year but not by a big margin of course

Really I do not expect anything about the cutscenes and I actually don’t think they present in a way where they are promising anything about them. Neither with the rival matches. I think they are hoping to get people to ‘’feel’’ something.

Is it a bit easy? Maybe. But again.. I don’t want to complain. Transfers seems fixed.. Budgets seems better.. I can’t buy James Rodriguez with Feyenoord or Hellas Verona.

WITH the gameplay from the demo I won’t be demanding much further. If it then HAS some youth development/regens I will be happy, but it doesn’t be a dealbreaker.

Good job Konami. Good job.

Absolutely no specifics... Largely cut-scenes, they talk about stories that develop but do they actually effect player morale, or your opponents' player morale, or are they just for show?

The pre-season youth integration sounds promising but what does it actually mean? Because all they seem to say is that, you can play kids in pre-season and it'll get you more "followers", which - I mean, what's the point? Is that basically just a high score to compare to your friends?

I know I'm negative but other than the transfer stuff (which is great) all I'm seeing is cut-scenes!
I would really like the stories to have impact and with the possibility of affecting the player morale. I miss the days of old champ man on the amiga, where if a player really wound me up I would fine them until they were unhappy. The satisfaction of seeing a player who missed every chance they had against a team I needed to win, now unhappy made me feel so much better. He had no right to feel happy after that match. Now he feels exactly how I felt during it.

Hopefully the choices you make can have influence like that. Even to try and make a player unhappy to the point that they force a transfer.

See this from the website:

Manage Your Squad
Managing a famous club filled with star players means that you will have to consider how international competitions will impact the schedule of national leagues and cups.
To overcome this packed schedule, you will need to make the right decisions at key moments, making sure you are utilizing your entire squad, and giving your regular starting line-up the break they deserve.

Authentic Transfer Market
The transfer market in PES 2020 will use a brand-new algorithm built on a rich library of real world football data to ensure that transfers, transfer fees, salaries and various other elements are in close alignment with reality.
Prepare to pay a higher price for young talented players, while older experienced players can be signed for less.
Transfer budgets will also vary based on the size of your club, forcing you to make strategic decisions on how to improve your team and where to prioritize investment.

More Realistic Transfers
Real life club transfers tendencies have been thoroughly analyzed to make sure every player transfer is believable and realistic.
Face a real challenge trying to tempt players from rival clubs to come, but beware that even if you offer significant amounts of money the result may still be an unsuccessful negotiation.
If you’re managing a team with limited funds, exploring the loan option may prove successful when trying to lure promising young players from the bigger clubs.

This is a great example on elements where i hope for as much as possible - but i don't expect anything. The MAIN elements IS improved.

Wow,wow and double wow..

I don’t know what they’ve done to the Xbox one X demo but it isn’t the game I was playing a few days ago..

More cpu agression(lots of fouls)..Much smoother response with zero delay..No more parking the bus from the cpu and every game starts with a attacking mindset from the cpu(there red)..

Teammate AI more reactive..

Happy as a pig in ****..If this is indicative of final code then I’m one very happy camper!

PS4 pre-order cancelled and swapped over to the xbox version...Sod the option file...I’m not even bothering with patches or updates.

I’m in dreamland...Edit..Isn’t placebo,Ive been living this game for almost 4 weeks.The differences are clear.

Last edited:

I know I'm consistently negative but other than the transfer stuff (which is great) all I'm seeing is cut-scenes!
I dont expect anything from new ML.
Im taking all the little touches, that will make my ML more enjoyable.
- transfer frequency
- visible league table on main page
- more realistic player values
- some manager reactions on the pitch adding bit more immersion

These are all the things im taking in and im happy with them.

But I do agree about this trailer. There is nothing interesting in it really. Everything we already knew before.
Only some secret coded messages, that no one understands.
What pre season?
What story lines?
Can we impact anything based on our interaction?
Is there any interaction with players?
Can they leave?
Do they get pissed off when not playing?
Are there any random events that can have impact on anything?

To say - "Hey, im really angry that the leaks are there. I hope they stop! I will show you official trailer and give you official news"
...and then post this? I mean... that fella from Belgium gave people more answers than this.
It almost looks to me like - "Stop posting anything, so we can pick and chose what to show you! If you mess around like this you can come across all the shitty bits that we are trying to hide!"

As long as they they still have that stupid regen system where players come back as young versions of themselves when they retire, it doesn't matter how much other stuff they add to the mode. It totally kills the immersion and I can't be bothered to play more than a few seasons when I know Ronaldo will reappear as a young kid with the face of 34 year old. They want a realistic transfer system but why on earth won't they care about realism in this department?

As long as they they still have that stupid regen system where players come back as young versions of themselves when they retire, it doesn't matter how much other stuff they add to the mode. It totally kills the immersion and I can't be bothered to play more than a few seasons when I know Ronaldo will reappear as a young kid with the face of 34 year old. They want a realistic transfer system but why on earth won't they care about realism in this department?
Isn't the regen system exist since the game born? sorry I didn't play the very first pes
its very unlikely they will change it as it has been there for many years
and I see the regen system as their own style

Isn't the regen system exist since the game born? sorry I didn't play the very first pes
its very unlikely they will change it as it has been there for many years
and I see the regen system as their own style

True, but we've had the option in earlier games to turn regens off, if I'm not mistaken. And they would have new, seemingly random, players come on the market. I distinctly remember there being a youth team in my club that I could recruit new players from or choose to sell them. I loved that detail.

I'm not really thrilled about that trailer, either. I'm not trying to be negative and I'm genuinely looking forward to playing ML this year - but that trailer told me pretty much nothing I didn't know already. It kept going on about 'cutscenes' when I'm most likely going to skip most of these after I've seen them a couple of times. I'm more concerned about the gift that is gameplay, not the wrapping...

Can not wait for the mods on PC where we will have coaches as well in league, exhibition modes for ever team and unlocked cut scenes of coaches during matches.

I’m a little more optimistic about ML this year, the trailer did nothing for me though, it is mostly cut scenes. But that’s fine I guess.

As long as I can’t sign Mbappe for Espanyol and that form arrows make sense I’ll be happy.

(Would be odd if we can’t create our own manager though - but I’ll try to remain positive)

Also, does anyone miss those old football games that let you do everything? You know the type that you could pay to have a new training ground, or supporters clubs, upgrades stadiums with extra seating. I loved that stuff. Also Jet from Gladiators was fantastic. But complete control of the entire club, man I miss that. I guess it’s all in mobile games now, pay to upgrade and stuff. Bloody Jet hey.. she was the one. I kind of wish I could control a club again like that, and have modern gameplay..

Anyway.. yeah Master League.. should be interesting.

I forgot to ask the guy streaming simulating an entire season to check regens, but he probably wouldn't like to do that.

I think it looks good..definitely will be more interesting than before especially if all the details mentioned works well, they said that decision will have an impact on team and players so we'll see.
I see many people commenting and praising the trailer, switching from fifa to pes etc.

I'm not really thrilled about that trailer, either. I'm not trying to be negative and I'm genuinely looking forward to playing ML this year - but that trailer told me pretty much nothing I didn't know already. It kept going on about 'cutscenes' when I'm most likely going to skip most of these after I've seen them a couple of times. I'm more concerned about the gift that is gameplay, not the wrapping..
This. Im in exactly same spot. People can easily mistake this for negativity, but its far from it.
If all those cutscenes and conversations have any impact and meaning - savage, great news.
If not - whateva. I just hope we can skip them, coz if its just cosmetics - being forced to participate in it will quickly become major pain in the hoop.

All looks pretty acceptable to me and so long as under the hood it functions better I'll be set.

Think I'm going to pick the fat grey-haired guy if I am doing a Serie B start (with defaults, natch) as he looks a good fit. Proper throwback look about him.

The lack of customization I can live with. I never make my manager look like me anyway, and these presets cover a fair few looks. Wouldn't surprise me if more get added over the year too.

As for regens, it again has never been a big deal to me; never use them. I just punt them and pretend it is Ronaldo's son or whatever out there. God knows ML has always required users to fill in a lot of the blanks/quirks to the point it is just part of the charm of it all for me now. Have my limits there, of course, but regens never been an issue.

After several weeks I still suck at this game but I like it anyway. Some times the keepers slide to the side before my player shoot. Basic shooting and goalkeepers still feels little bit scripted like last years but overall its a very good game. Here is same action:

All videos was recorded on superstar difficulty. Cheers.

Guys, chill. You always wanting more and more and I get that but come on, Konami just started THIS YEAR the new things like better gameplay, new ML and maybe BAL too, better AI and way better graphic. And Adam said the online mode has some new things too. They said they will changing the game engine when the new generation come out so when PS5 is out they will using the Unreal Engine. Not that is so important bc the game is already looking good.

In MAL you have 18 pre-made manager but I think later they will add more and modders can change them if they want. If I remember @Chuny said the same thing. So don't worry about this. Your judging the game based on some random dude's gameplay and he doesn't even playing the REAL game because Konami already said there will Day One Patch.

Out of any negativity or positivity, maybe it is only me, I find a little bit awkward and cringe the scenes with Cruyf as manager. I am not sure why, cause the MyClub Legend Cruyff doesn’t trigger me at all, maybe because it is his younger self. But with the manager avatar Cruyff , being is the “form” he passed away recently, something creates me goosebump vibes.
It is strange cause classic players who have died do not bother me at all.

some of the stuff looks pretty cool, even though you know it will appear hilariously out of context at times. i can just imagine being 4-0 down in a derby match, bottom of the league, scoring a consolation and the manager sprinting on the pitch to celebrate :BOP:

If they are able to add more and more scenarios and scenes and options over the years it might turn into something good. for now i'm just happy to see what might possibly be some improvements in the transfer system

Out of any negativity or positivity, maybe it is only me, I find a little bit awkward and cringe the scenes with Cruyf as manager. I am not sure why, cause the MyClub Legend Cruyff doesn’t trigger me at all, maybe because it is his younger self. But with the manager avatar Cruyff , being is the “form” he passed away recently, something creates me goosebump vibes.
It is strange cause classic players who have died do not bother me at all.

Well, he's not alive anymore afterall... so that might be one of the reasons.

BTW managers WILL be visible during gameplay

EDKvOkSW4BELMhf

See you can change what the boss wears. You stick a trackie on that fat gray haired guy you'll have yourself a Mafia goon.

"Hey! HEY, Lionel, you atomic *expletive deleted*! You start mother *expletive deleted* finding Alba with that cross-field ball or I'll stick a *expletive deleted* ice-pick in your *expletive deleted* eye! Greatest my *expletive deleted* ass!"

@DarkEagle
Konami just started this year?! You never heard of those 3 year cycles of which game play is the final year and ML the second?

@slamsoze
I felt similar about Cruyff when I saw the trailer. Maybe it's because he's part of some of my earliest football memories when he was a coach at Barca, sitting there with his lollipop because he had to quit smoking. Seeing him "ressurected" as a manager - the way I remember him - feels weird, maybe because I have an emotional connection to that memory unlike when he played the game himself before I was born.

Regarding this new ML my main disappointment is with the usability of the UI. It's fine for example that they enhanced the league table to 10 teams but there's still so many simple things they could do for usability like enabling you to move the curser to the league table and when there moving the right stick up and down to see all teams in the table (GT Sport does this) and if you press X you see the whole table with goals scored and so on. And while you are there you could press on each individual teams to see their formation, playstyle, results and so on. I mean, how hard is it to do stuff like that?

Oh and back to the managers, it would be nice if they included all managers from Myclub in ML, so you could play using them if you have a preffered one. You'd start by having their default tactic but you could modify it if you wanted unlike Myclub.

I hope that they have made things a little more random in ML this year as well. In the past few years the new youth team players have always been the exact same in the first transfer window for example. It doesn't matter which team or league you were playing in, you would always get the same youth players to add to your squad. I knew I could wait and not sign a player in position x for example if I was on my 2nd or 3rd ML as I knew exactly which players would become available for free with low wages in January.

One more thing I hope that they have fixed is that you can kind of cheat the negotiations if you save just before. If the turn you down, you can reload and try again and after 2 or 3 goes you will get the player...admittedly it is a cheap way and I don't do it anymore but it has been the same for the past 4 game or so. Hopefully the more realistic transfers will have leaked into that and made it impossible or at least much, much harder to do.

Regardless I am still looking forward to starting my Serie A ML...roll on the 10th

One thing I fully expect to not feature is other manager models for the other teams when playing ML. Everything looks set-up to be a more personal focused narrative, which I don't have a massive issue with. It would be cool if rival club managers or league leaders managers were to pop-up for some mind game nonsense, but you'd think that will be beyond them currently for licensing reasons. If it were a full-on fictional universe regards managers then they could nuts with stuff like that.

Wow,wow and double wow..

I don’t know what they’ve done to the Xbox one X demo but it isn’t the game I was playing a few days ago..

More cpu agression(lots of fouls)..Much smoother response with zero delay..No more parking the bus from the cpu and every game starts with a attacking mindset from the cpu(there red)..

Teammate AI more reactive..

Happy as a pig in ****..If this is indicative of final code then I’m one very happy camper!

PS4 pre-order cancelled and swapped over to the xbox version...Sod the option file...I’m not even bothering with patches or updates.

I’m in dreamland...Edit..Isn’t placebo,Ive been living this game for almost 4 weeks.The differences are clear.
There hasn't been any update on the Xbox one demo. I Play the game on both ps4 pro and Xbox one x. Yes the Xbox one x runs abit smoother but no changes to gameplay bud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom