eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a lot of angry people on twitter, raging that pics and info from Master League is being shared.
They call it disrespectful. And damaging.
Personally I dont know who do they disrespect and what are they damaging, so here's a ML menu. :LOL:
IMG_20190829_161502.jpg
If anything - it might actually push people to pre-order IMO..

I see a lot of angry people on twitter, raging that pics and info from Master League is being shared.
Personally I dont know who do they disrespect and what are they damaging, so here's a ML menu. :LOL:
View attachment 19008
As anything - it might actually push people to pre-order IMO..
I know Konami gets a really bad rep for presentation but that looks good right?

I think it'd be a total shock if a made up character looked like any of us...
So would the general public, yikes. It'd be X-rated (the X for eXcuse me while I vomit). :LOL:

Here's the thing though - I'm not talking "identical". All I wanted was a stocky white guy with a beard. That's pretty damn basic. Body size, ethnicity, beard.

I'm not even bothered about the face looking anything like mine.

The closest character I could pick was a short-arse clean-shaven white guy who doesn't represent anything about me other than my ethnicity.

So every time the camera goes to him, every time, it takes me out of the experience because it's such a stark reminder that you're playing a video game.

It's like being sucked into a really entertaining 1-1 draw, working your arse off to keep the ball and move slowly up the pitch, then suddenly the commentator says "just to remind you, this isn't real, this is just a game". Oh. Thanks. That took me out of the moment, Jim.

So can we at least call our manager by our own desired name? Or do I have to stick with the stupid sounding Konami ones?
Surely we can use our own names... EDIT: Hm, Emroth's posted a screenshot where the guy hasn't changed Maradona's name so... Who knows.

I know Konami gets a really bad rep for presentation but that looks good right?
I think so. Like I said - im not expecting miracles, ill be happy with small improvements. And having bigger league table on main screen is one of those small improvements.

EDJNEk1XsAY9pUk

EDJNFGgWwAAnJwc

EDJNFpqXsAEtO3W

EDJNGRWXsAAGBfs
The first 3 look like Bouncers :DD

View attachment 19008

People just wanna make good with Konami. And that behaviour started this year.
This false-humbleness that makes them tip-toe around Konami's employees on Twitter. "Oh, modding is wrong". "Oh, posting images is wrong". "Oh, asking for things is wrong". They just want to make it into the whitelist of trust-worthy fans thinking they might get attention or info or something in return next year. It's just hypocrisy.

I thought the whole "legends managing"-thing would include most of the legends in the game, finally a logical use for those guys, but I suppose that wouldn't really gel with anyone wanting to use them in a ML setting. Can Maradona manage Maradona? Could end with some epic clashes.
Coach Maradona: -You sucked today, Maradona!
Player Maradona: -You sucked something as well, you coke vacuum.
Coach Maradona: -You do coke as well, you bastard!
Player Maradona: -I haven't done it nearly as much as you have.
Coach Maradana: -Only because you are so much younger, you dumbass!

To be fair I don't care the managers look. I mostly playing as a player. But I can't understand why they removed the face scan option. I mean 2K NBA can do it all year, it's not that hard to do and that's not even a graphic engine matter. If they would bring back the face scan everyone problem would be solved. I mean there's are face modders who can make your face in to the game but not for free and I won't paying any money some stranger for my own face. That's Konami's job. BTW the leaked images looks great I pre-ordered the game long time ago but sometimes I'm reading this topic and seeing so much rage in it and I don't know why. I mean if you doesn't like the game than why buy it? That's why Fifa never change btw because people always buying the same shit.

The PES20 ML looks good and they said they improved the transfers so the rest I don't care. I played the demo and the game is better than last year and to be fair the only thing is matter is what happens on the pitch.

I thought the whole "legends managing"-thing would include most of the legends in the game, finally a logical use for those guys, but I suppose that wouldn't really gel with anyone wanting to use them in a ML setting. Can Maradona manage Maradona? Could end with some epic clashes.
Coach Maradona: -You sucked today, Maradona!
Player Maradona: -You sucked something as well, you coke vacuum.
Coach Maradona: -You do coke as well, you bastard!
Player Maradona: -I haven't done it nearly as much as you have.
Coach Maradana: -Only because you are so much younger, you dumbass!

But that would cause a time paradox!
What would happen in the parallel timeline?
It's like when Marty McFly had to avoid by any means running into himself when he went back to the past, and then to the future.

196e12b5-39a6-41d9-84c2-440f06524338.jpg

But that would cause a time paradox!
What would happen in the parallel timeline?
It's like when Marty McFly had to avoid by any means running into himself when he went back to the past, and then to the future.

Now there's a plotline with some possibilities

A rainbow beard? (In Fifa this year. God help us)
Yeah, I know. That's what I mean - I'm not asking for anything crazy here. Just a white guy with a beard that can represent me in the slightest.

(Wouldn't get away with a rainbow beard at work.)

I realise it's not gameplay so of course it doesn't matter, but the fact is that it's changed, and if you gave me the choice of "bloke who looks like me but the graphics are a bit crap" vs "bloke who looks real, but who is this guy, he looks like one of the security guards at the ground, but the cameraman's obsessed with him"... I'd take the first one.

I'll just end up using a legend instead, because at least I won't struggle to remember who they are when the camera shows them.

Looking at the screenshot they’ve moved the top goalscorers from the main menu so hopefully there aren’t a lot of button presses to find that info. Also I hope the kickoff times are relevant to playing conditions (crossing fingers), I don’t recall kickoff time being mentioned in Pes2019.

Question - if you choose to buy the game and be will be starting your ML - will you go with Challenging ML or Standard?
I dont know if I want to build a team, get to know the players ... and get a boot at the end of the season... that would royally piss me off... :LOL:
Having said that - I've never been sacked in ML and the only challenging bit I encounter was when my Top Scorer and core player decided to show me middle finger just before start of the season and walked out without any warning..

Question - if you choose to buy the game and be will be starting your ML - will you go with Challenging ML or Standard?
I dont know if I want to build a team, get to know the players ... and get a boot at the end of the season... that would royally piss me off... :LOL:
Having said that - I've never been sacked in ML and the only challenging bit I encounter was when my Top Scorer and core player decided to show me middle finger just before start of the season and walked out without any warning..
Challenge. Transfers are too easy in Standard.

..so here's a ML menu. :LOL:
View attachment 19008

I was already sold on pre order but i like it even more,
i love the ML screen with actual schedule for next games (including time of day, which i cant remember seeing before in a ML), the Partners or sponsors and the amount of affiliates i guess (abonees?).

I dont want to spoil the surprises for myself and i'll try to stay away from the ML screens or news until i can experience them on my own :)

Challenge, I absolutely sucked for long stretches during my last ML campaign and only ever got some strong words from the owners.

On the topic of annoying stuff/screens (full release)
When you start a new ML every thing you do has a screen popping up explaining stuff for you.
That's all fine for people whos new to the game,and if there's new stuff in.
But,restarting your ML for the 2nd time and above,it's still there!
Can't the game recognise you've done it before?

And cutscenes like "player of the year for Asia/Europe etc" fine,but then you have to go in to that section or screen to look at it again to make the "notice" disappear
Same thing when a player leaves you or a new player in,you have to go in to your team/transaction to scroll down to that player and "tick"that off.
Extremely annoying

Don't get me started on the interface/user experience design of Konami. There are so many bad examples, it's mind-boggling.

Why do I, for example, have to click numerous times to get a comprehensive view of the competition table (Database -> Competition -> Country -> League)? What's wrong with embedding a scrollable container into the main panel? That's UI design basics. There is no way (none I have found at least) to show the last match day results after you've advanced. If you accidentally skip them after the last match they are gone – unless you write them down into a notebook.

Why am I not told where my next adversary is positioned in the table on one of the main screens? Instead, I have to open "My Team" -> "Schedule" and scroll to the next match to get that information. In the cup match menu I have to double check three times who my next adversary is because that colored line couldn't be any thinner.

Why is it called "Support Range" which intuitively suggests (if you don't read the text above) that the higher you put the bar, the more support you get.

Then there is the translation stuff. "Centring targets" is literally translated to "through the middle" in the German version. Counter Targets is translated to "Zocken" which is a terminology you would use in high stakes gambling.

In the new one, why is the "quit game" function listed under settings? Would it have been so hard to create an extra, unambiguous top level icon?

Edit: just saw the new layout. At least there is now the top half of the table. Hurray!

Challenge, I absolutely sucked for long stretches during my last ML campaign and only ever got some strong words from the owners.
Id love to see Konami understanding of strong words... :LOL:

@Mikhail - transfers dont bother me, personally, as I never buy anyone.
Im using default squads supported by youth and 16 year old regens... I know... im a horrible person for using them... :LOL:

Don't get me started on the interface/user experience design of Konami. There are so many bad examples, it's mind-boggling.

Why do I, for example, have to click numerous times to get a comprehensive view of the competition table (Database -> Competition -> Country -> League)? What's wrong with embedding a scrollable container into the main panel? That's UI design basics. There is no way (none I have found at least) to show the last match day results after you've advanced. If you accidentally skip them after the last match they are gone – unless you write them down into a notebook.

Why am I not told where my next adversary is positioned in the table on one of the main screens? Instead, I have to open "My Team" -> "Schedule" and scroll to the next match to get that information. In the cup match menu I have to double check three times who my next adversary is because that colored line couldn't be any thinner.

Why is it called "Support Range" which intuitively suggests (if you don't read the text above) that the higher you put the bar, the more support you get.

Then there is the translation stuff. "Centring targets" is literally translated to "through the middle" in the German version. Counter Targets is translated to "Zocken" which is a terminology you would use in high stakes gambling.

In the new one, why is the "quit game" function listed under settings? Would it have been so hard to create an extra, unambiguous top level icon?

Edit: just saw the new layout. At least there is now the top half of the table. Hurray!
Some nice examples there mate,all insanely bad!
Been bugging me for ages, especially ,like you said wanting some info on your own team (or some other team).
Plus,why can't we sort our players in nr of appearance,goals,assists,yellow card etc?

I always use English both on Pes and fifa ,since the translations in Swedish (FIFA) is like a bad Google translation,plus the terminology and phrases are almost always in English even here.
Nevertheless,very poorly from konami,I wonder if they do it on purpose or think that it's a great idea?
Like the nicknames your players get...
Just waiting for Family Guy's dry cleaner Mr Washee-Washee to be a nickname

Can't believe there's been nothing at all on MyClub. Extremely poor.

How can you sell the "Legend Edition" on the strength of MyClub bonuses, and give us NOTHING about the mode?

Obviously going to be exactly the same.

Can't believe there's been nothing at all on MyClub. Extremely poor.

How can you sell the "Legend Edition" on the strength of MyClub bonuses, and give us NOTHING about the mode?

Obviously going to be exactly the same.
Could it be they want people to keep spending money on PES 2019? If they announce some big news for the upcoming game maybe a lot of people will lose interest in the current version?

What the hell :D I'm watching now some dude streaming ML, and there are so so so many loading screens ...and so long... after the every day event, match skipping, if you click NEXT you must waiting for next day one loading screen like every loading screen before the match ... that is so annoying...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom