eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love those fake team kits. Very nice.
Thank you pal, I did all the PLA teams back in the PES 2017 days (even if, to be honest, I just took some Konami kits, slightly modified them, added team logos and sponsors and used them for the unlicensed teams. For example, Cunturipa used Borussia Dortmund kits slightly altered). :D

You find yourself "playing the radar" more than actually paying attention to your players in space on the field.
Spot on. :LOL:

Thank you pal, I did all the PLA teams back in the PES 2017 days (even if, to be honest, I just took some Konami kits, slightly modified them, added team logos and sponsors and used them for the unlicensed teams. For example, Cunturipa used Borussia Dortmund kits slightly altered). :D

Spot on. :LOL:
*Make @*aLe Cunturipa ML great again!
Remember you playing that on 17,on -2 game speed as well!

I’ve never understood it when people have the players’ names above heads. It RUINS the immersion for me.
I'm one of those. I don't even know why I keep them on honestly, probably it was just a "since I removed nameplates I'll keep names this way so at least they get shown" thing. Might try turning them off and seeing what happens. :)

I’ve never understood it when people have the players’ names above heads. It RUINS the immersion for me.
Played with the whole setup on FIFA til recently,only have the radar/power gauge ,same on Pes
Especially annoying in fifa (sorry for OT) when it covers mos the bottom of your screen.

Played without cursor (can't remember which game) confusing but I could get used to that,might take @MafiaMurderBag advice and play without the radar on the full release, especially with the new cam

Yeah! Even if the best goal ever in PES 2017 must be the one I scored with Fontana City against Nasaf (talking about fake teams :D):
That's a nice one.
MCEVELY,the new CR7!
Hate when Pes uses all caps,especially on 19 where they have PALERMO or AVELLINO instead of US Palermo or SSD Avellino Calcio.

Well you've got to have something over their heads whether it's their name or the indicator. I like to know the names of the players on the ball for both myself and opposition, especially for teams i'm less familiar with.

And i certainly don't want the name bars at the bottom of the screen, like i mentioned before the only information i have on screen is the scoreboard & player names above their heads. I even turn off the power bar as i like to determine my passing & shooting "by feel" & you get used to the power bar speed & what causes less control over your power pretty quickly anyway.

EDJNEk1XsAY9pUk

EDJNFGgWwAAnJwc

EDJNFpqXsAEtO3W

EDJNGRWXsAAGBfs

I'm one of those. I don't even know why I keep them on honestly, probably it was just a "since I removed nameplates I'll keep names this way so at least they get shown" thing. Might try turning them off and seeing what happens. :)
I don't even have the shot power/pass power bar! I hate it :LOL:

@Emroth

I think what changed for me mate is that I am now approaching the game in a completely different way with a different mindset.

Before, I trying to play the demo like it's PES 2018 or PES 2019 and you simply can't (or you can but the CPU will shut you down every time on Superstar which is the difficulty I always play on.)

I'm seeing so many beautiful little touches and animations. AND I'M GETTING FOULED! A lot in me games, not so much in others (like real football). After playing Career Mode in the other game, it's a breath of fresh air. In that game, you simply don't get awarded fouls therefore you rarely get to take free kicks.

It's a very good game this year, fingers crossed it's just as good at final release.

Looks like we can disable first transfer window and set up transfer frequency throughout Master League. Thats very good option. Missed it.
Hell yeah! Disabling the first transfer window is big to me. I hate seeing players at new clubs as soon as I've started a new ML save, ruins the immersion.

Can't wait to play as AS Roma and have the mighty Chris Smalling in my back four! He's gone there today :LOL:

On the topic of annoying stuff/screens (full release)
When you start a new ML every thing you do has a screen popping up explaining stuff for you.
That's all fine for people whos new to the game,and if there's new stuff in.
But,restarting your ML for the 2nd time and above,it's still there!
Can't the game recognise you've done it before?

And cutscenes like "player of the year for Asia/Europe etc" fine,but then you have to go in to that section or screen to look at it again to make the "notice" disappear
Same thing when a player leaves you or a new player in,you have to go in to your team/transaction to scroll down to that player and "tick"that off.
Extremely annoying

One that gets me is favourite player!! I mean why...can you imagine if that happened in real life??
Sorry lads...you're good players but only player x is my favourite lol.

I've just ignored it for the past few games but it is still annoying that it is there in the first place

That's a nice one.
MCEVELY,the new CR7!
Yeah it belonged to the period in which I was into fake teams and players (I still am, don't worry. My project of a 100% fake PES will see the light sooner or later)...
A side note (now that this video made me think about it): for the PAS League I imagined teams being sponsored by big corporations and, well... Fontana City happened to be sponsored by Johnson and Johnson (hence the 'Aveeno' front sponsor and the traditional JnJ logo at the back).
Well, according to the most recent news I think they're gonna find another sponsor soon, I don't think JnJ will be able to fund the team anymore. :SHOCK:

Looks great but no customisation. FIFA's managers look great but up to now they've had no customisation, and let me tell you something - every time the camera goes to "my" manager, I think "who's that?" Every time I forget it's supposed to be me for a second. Because it's so clearly not me.

Actually, I usually think it's Matt10 (because all his YouTube vids use the same character). :LOL: So I'm a bit disappointed here.

Hell yeah! Disabling the first transfer window is big to me. I hate seeing players at new clubs as soon as I've started a new ML save, ruins the immersion.

Can't wait to play as AS Roma and have the mighty Chris Smalling in my back four! He's gone there today :LOL:

Does that option mean that there will be no transfers made by CPU controlled teams but you can still make transfers?
Or are there no transfers allowed at all by anyone including yourself?

Looks great but no customisation. FIFA's managers look great but up to now they've had no customisation, and let me tell you something - every time the camera goes to "my" manager, I think "who's that?" Every time I forget it's supposed to be me for a second. Because it's so clearly not me.

Actually, I usually think it's Matt10 (because all his YouTube vids use the same character). :LOL: So I'm a bit disappointed here.
So we can't create a manager in PES 2020? Why the hell have they removed that?

I'm curious about what other famous manager will there be, since there's a scroll bar on the right side of the screen.
But I'm also happy foreseeing the future on PC, since this will allow us to have every manager face assigned specifically to every team. Like a mod with Guardiola's face, etc.

Does that option mean that there will be no transfers made by CPU controlled teams but you can still make transfers?
Or are there no transfers allowed at all by anyone including yourself?
Hopefully it's the latter.
To make it even more complete, we should also be able to start with a may 2019 database and then dive right into the summer transfer market and be able to shape the team to our liking straight away (but still keeping it realistic, because we aren't undoing any real life transfer).
So the ideal situation would be a choice between:
  1. May 2019 rosters, transfer market enabled
  2. September 2019 rosters, transfer market disabled
  3. September 2019 rosters, transfer market enabled (I wouldn't do this but someone maybe would)
Throughout the season, then, with live updates I'd love a "Start from now" feature which will use the weekly live update squads and the current (e.g. february, march, whatever) league tables. But that would be asking too much wouldn't it?

So we can't create a manager in PES 2020? Why the hell have they removed that?
FIFA did the same thing for years after moving to Frostbite (removing customisable managers) because the quality of the pre-made models far surpassed the previous customisable ones.

Rumour has it PES is moving to Unreal next year (and the face scans they've been publishing through Twitter are FAR more detailed than they are in-game right now, which points to the rumours being true IMO). Feels like a move towards that. "Look how great these graphics are" (and we've seen Maradona etc., they look amazing).

But personally they've made me feel disconnected from my career in the other game for a while now, because there was no character that looked like me, and it's really offputting - the camera switching to a random bloke every now and then.

One that gets me is favourite player!! I mean why...can you imagine if that happened in real life??
Sorry lads...you're good players but only player x is my favourite lol.

I've just ignored it for the past few games but it is still annoying that it is there in the first place
Pes nepotism 20.
It's very weird,have no clue why they have it.
Seems like a feature in a different game, Tekken etc

But personally they've made me feel disconnected from my career in the other game for a while now, because there was no character that looked like me, and it's really offputting - the camera switching to a random bloke every now and then.

I think it'd be a total shock if a made up character looked like any of us...
I don't know why that made you feel disconnected, mate. It is expectable.

I was usually making E.DAVIDS (capital letters, obviously :LOL:), so it doesnt bother me as much. Plus it was utterly pointless, as we didnt see our avatar for most of the season. Now at least we can get somewhat attached to them, as we might see them more often.
I just hope these are reserved for the user. Would be ridiculous to see two Maradonas on the pitch..
Which also makes me wonder - will we see opponent coaches too? Or just "us"?

FIFA did the same thing for years after moving to Frostbite (removing customisable managers) because the quality of the pre-made models far surpassed the previous customisable ones.
This is exactly the same reason why we can no longer edit the players appearance either without turning into a "build" face. It's a bit of a shame as one of the staples of PES editing and what it held over FIFA was that customisation, being able to keep your game "up to date."

As uncle Ben once poignantly said to Peter Parker - "With great graphics comes great limitation

So can we at least call our manager by our own desired name? Or do I have to stick with the stupid sounding Konami ones?

What is your preferred choice for transfer frequency? High or low?
Definetely Low for me. Im starting with weak teams, most of the time in D2. By the time I get promoted and earn my place in Champions League or something - all teams were completely different from reality.
I like to see new faces, but team core should be similar to what I know. Barcelona with Salah, Hazard, Mbappe and Van Dijk looks a bit silly IMO.

So can we at least call our manager by our own desired name? Or do I have to stick with the stupid sounding Konami ones?
Well, some of them are indeed strange. I mean, that Maradona one... No way a real life player or manager would be named like that. :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom