eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
3D stand for the Tokyo Game Show, Tottenham and Liverpool logos on PES 2020 mobile version
EDEbt8uXoAEo-9P.jpg

https://www.konami.com/games/event/tgs/title.html#0.1

:?

Sometimes PA0 feels slightly assisted, but I'm not sure... You can obviously perform completely terrible passes on it, but sometimes I feel the weight on some is adjusted. Had one with a Xhaka chipped through ball yesterday which seemed that way but I won't keep spamming gifs :PP.

IMO there is a big difference between X and triangle passes, I find myself using triangle much more for even simple passes as it seems to have more consistency between charge time and weight on the pass, and it stays lower to the ground. This is with basic through balls though, so the controls are essentially the same between regular pass and through ball buttons.

On early crosses even on PA0, players with the "pinpoint crossing" trait hit them way differently to other players. It has nothing to do with the accuracy though so seems badly worded, it just has a LOT more pace on it and often much more curl.

"Weighted pass" and "Low lofted pass" cause different spin and trajectory on lobbed passes as well - not always for the better, but it does mean you have to somewhat take notice of which players are on the ball and adjust the kinds of passes you try to play.

It's all quite complicated, isn't it? The lack of comprehensible documentation on behalf of Konami doesn't help. Throwing in placebo it all becomes voodoo sometimes.

I wonder how much player select assistance plays a role here. I am playing semi player select (automatic selection on attack, manual on defence) and there is a big difference between a simple circle and an L2 circle. When I take Süle and play a fully powered circle pass downfield it will home in on a player who is automatically selected in midfield (blue arrow). There is definitely a level of assistance here, even on PA0. When I do the same with L2 pressed the ball will fly across my midfield and be picked up by the AI keeper. So I guess "fully manual" requires unassisted player selection (plus unassisted player runs)?

Early cross was my weapon of choice on PA1. Especially with the "pinpointers" it was so easy to whip the ball to the penalty spot and find someone there to process it. On PA0 it's too fast for ordinary crosses and the aiming is difficult. That said I find normal circle on PA0 a bit too floaty. Ah well, it is complicated (but in a good way)

I've been playing manual since Pes 14, only because they removed Pes 13's truly semi-assisted passing (PA 1 back then). It gave a lot of freedom with the normal pass, the option to play balls around defenders/into space, which was a really nice blend of player skill vs stats. The thruball was manual.

This yrs demo has made me grow tired of manual. Stats don't matter. Shots are rockets whether it's 67 RB from Boca or Lewandowski. And all rated players are still too dumb and unresponsive in close proximity situations.
(At least they've fixed the kickoff bug from last yr, were it was 50-50 if the midfielder you pass back to would let the ball bounce off his shins... and refuse to come out of his trance.)

The AI defo play differently between PA0, and PA1. Less longballs and end2end action compared to assisted.

Back then there were 5 Pass Assist options. When they moved to the Fox Engine they got rid of semi-assisted and kept full assisted, hyper assisted, and glorified interactive 'Coach Mode' assisted for I can only assume blind toddlers.

The single worst thing the developers have done to online competitive play is to not apply assist restrictions. Have as many options available for offline, the more the better.
But when competitive online is like the Wild West, football goes out the window. Have any of you seen the PES Pingpong Championships were the best players at Pes are using the blind toddler assists?
PA3 by the way, negates the majority of the new loose, and misplaced passes mechanic. I'm sure they'll patch that new feature out soon though, like they did with last yrs new stamina feature lol

Has anybody who is playing on advanced through ball found a way that the player is passing the ball without taking two weeks to wind up for it?
No. Its two weeks in Pes20 unfortunately. It was my main issue from the get go in regards to controls. In previous Pes versions (17,18,19) it was much more responsive. Only took a week. :LOL:
I got used to it tho, short, tight spaces im using normal or lob passes, when I have time and space I use Adv.Through balls.
They are mainly made for longer passes anyway, so at this point it doesnt bother me as much. But yeah, it was a bit of a shock at the start, coming from 17.
One time I pressed the button, little one started crying, went to calm her down, let the dogs out, made myself a sandwich and I was back just in time to receive the pass. :LOL:

No. Its two weeks in Pes20 unfortunately. It was my main issue from the get go in regards to controls. In previous Pes versions (17,18,19) it was much more responsive. Only took a week. :LOL:
I got used to it tho, short, tight spaces im using normal or lob passes, when I have time and space I use Adv.Through balls.
They are mainly made for longer passes anyway, so at this point it doesnt bother me as much. But yeah, it was a bit of a shock at the start, coming from 17.
One time I pressed the button, little one started crying, went to calm her down, let the dogs out, made myself a sandwich and I was back just in time to receive the pass. :LOL:

Haha, yes.

I find it very annoying in situations in which you win the ball back around your box and want to initiate a quick counter attack. Since I‘ve switched back to PA1 I don’t really have the option to play such a pass into space anymore. Sure, L2 is possible but it‘s kind of flimsy.

On the other hand I like it when you can whip it downfield. It adds another pass type. Just gotta love Konami‘s promise that advanced through ball supposedly gives you more freedom...

I've recently thought I'd try my hand at video editing.

Give it a watch, leave a like if you like it, leave a comment telling me not to quit my day job if you don't :LOL:

This new PES is awesome for this kind of thing.

It's better than Match of the Day's new presentation package, and I'm not joking! Beautifully done, mate. You should be HUGELY proud of that.

Give it a watch, leave a like if you like it, leave a comment telling me not to quit my day job if you don't :LOL:

Really like that! Shows the game in a fantastic light.

Can I ask, please

What are you camera settings for the Tevez goal and the pratto goal?

It's better than Match of the Day's new presentation package, and I'm not joking! Beautifully done, mate. You should be HUGELY proud of that.
Ha, thanks mate.
All I did was slap coloured squares onto the screen and add some football in between :D

Really like that! Shows the game in a fantastic light.

Can I ask, please

What are you camera settings for the Tevez goal and the pratto goal?
Cheers buddy. I’m pretty sure they’ve all got the same settings. I can’t remember them exactly off the top of my head, but I use the stadium cam with the angle turned down to 4 because any higher and I couldn’t defend to save my life.

Also worth pointing out that I’ve zoomed the clips in slightly while editing in order to cut off the scoreboard.

Last edited:

Impressive editing OHB! If this is you at a beginners level then you may have found yourself a new talent. Great goals too, especially fond of the Suarez one.

Impressive editing OHB! If this is you at a beginners level then you may have found yourself a new talent. Great goals too, especially fond of the Suarez one.
That’s my favourite too! :D
It’s weird, after last year watching AI score nothing but low crossed goals I think that’s the only one I’ve seen on the demo so far. Certainly the only one I’ve scored.

Brilliant work. Where did you learn to video edit? What video editing software do you use if you don't mind me asking?

Keep it up.

Reactions: OBH
You do not play the GAME, THE GAME playing you!

Whatever I wanna post one video for 2k, that represents the future of Sports game in general? Maybe and for PES? I will post the video hidden by spoiler bar because is a bit offtopic.
WOW. I mean ... WOOOOOW ...And you what these guys to make football games? PLEASE DON'T... It's very bad that Konami follows this gambling like mode trend.

Question I have: on PA0 is there a difference between using x and triangle?

Very good question!
I think there isn´t really a difference, only when you hold L1 of course.

But I´m used to press :triangle: for throughballs, so I still differ between those two.

That´s awesome, dude!

I love that low shot of Martial.
The Suarez one is great too!

Very well done!

Reactions: OBH

you must quit your job! amazing video mate!

Brilliant work. Where did you learn to video edit? What video editing software do you use if you don't mind me asking?

Keep it up.
Premiere Pro.
Just trial and error + a quick you tube video if I need to learn something specific.

Looks proper good @OBH
I'm sending you 300 Gb of my skate videos you can edit pal:)
Really great work,makes a good looking game look even better
Give me about 3 years and I’ll get back to you with something :LOL:

God I used to love the original Skate.

You do not play the GAME, THE GAME playing you!

Whatever I wanna post one video for 2k, that represents the future of Sports game in general? Maybe and for PES? I will post the video hidden by spoiler bar because is a bit offtopic.
WOW. I mean ... WOOOOOW ...And you what these guys to make football games? PLEASE DON'T... It's very bad that Konami follows this gambling like mode trend.
The gambling side is horrendous.
Maybe chuck up the video in another post or this could escalate very quickly :D

Echoing others comments, this is a superb bit of work mate, if you are just starting out then you obviously have a nack for it.

Most beginner, and alot of experienced video editors, try to do too much, make it too busy, your intro titles last literally 2 seconds, they are clean, concise, and sharp, even with the small details like the slight zoom in on the player render, ken burns effect style, less is often more.

Enjoyed watching it, great goals too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom