eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And with noticeable improvements

688efe80deee415eb72daee82d497112

Maybe they had a plan of releasing the demo so early and giving us an updated version later on before release. I doubt it but i guess us console players will find out soon enough.

I'm 100% sure the update on PC made it slower amongst other things.
I hadn't even read Evo-Web until after updating the Demo yesterday and playing 3 or 4 games afterwards. I instantly noticed it was slower. Played the first match and had to ramp the speed up to +1, which I had never done before the patch. I had never changed the speed of the demo. So then I came here after playing and found that several other members were claiming it was slower as well.

I like it slow. It feels realistic. But somehow it felt even better on +1.

Also worth mentioning: Nesa, who's the creator of many, many tools and knows PES code (memory addresses, hex, etc) inside out, told us they made it slower as well.

PC exe has the timestamp of yesterday. Definitely feels different. Slower, heavier to begin with. Since I am trying to get into fuma had to turn back to „regular“, but now I can play decently on pro. Don‘t think I became this „good“ in 48 hours. Still can‘t score, mind

The interview that article is based on is from pre-PES 2019 times.
Between Kei and @PES Russia (a PES fan, not an official PES account from Russia). The interview is sketchy at best.
Not saying they didn't actually sit down 5 minutes, with some sort of translator to help them, but he was very vague in his replies. He (nor anyone else from Konami) addressed the Engine talk ever again, not before that interview nor after that interview. So it's kind of strange.

Realistically is there anything of substance they can do with shooting in the game via a patch (that is if they were planning this)
I remember back in PES 12 they patched the shooting improving it somewhat as shots never went in the direction you wanted them to go.

To answer your question, @Chuny , im not sure if I was A or B. I suppose there was a lot of fear, especially in relation to fouls and physicality (when E3 feedback was there was no fouls) and then demo came out and there was a lot of positive surprise. Also, there was a lot (much more than usual) of learning curve, which is still in progress.
But I liked it at the start and love it now.

Ps. Good to see you back, posting. I was getting worried. You know us, women - thats what we do. :LOL:

To answer your question, @Chuny , im not sure if I was A or B. I suppose there was a lot of fear, especially in relation to fouls and physicality (when E3 feedback was there was no fouls) and then demo came out and there was a lot of positive surprise. Also, there was a lot (much more than usual) of learning curve, which is still in progress.
But I liked it at the start and love it now.

Ps. Good to see you back, posting. I was getting worried. You know us, women - thats what we do. :LOL:

When did I stop, baby?

When did I stop, baby?
Last few days I didnt see much of you here.
Even checked your twitter to see if you were active. Still getting to know people, seeing some who have health issues I wasnt aware of, mental struggles I wasnt aware of. There is a lot of shit going on in the background.
We're all a little family here and its good to check on one another.
Apologies for off topic.

Even checked your twitter to see if you were active. Still getting to know people, seeing some who have health issues I wasnt aware of, mental struggles I wasnt aware of. There is a lot of shit going on in the background.
Apologies for off topic.
Nice post man. I struggle with anxiety and depression myself and this place is a nice escape for me.

A good crowd here.

I'm not gonna say you're definitely wrong, but... I'm gonna strongly hint at it :D

Every year people say this stuff. I don't find first-person accounts very convincing on this sort of thing. I've never been one even for the "but the demo/beta was soooo different" stuff either. There's a huge amount of confirmation bias.

I was chatting to someone on Twitter who was convinced the version for the Americas was an updated code because he thought it was smoother. He and several others had tested it "for days" and swore by it. I played it and noticed no differences. The main thing that drew him to it? It was a different app on the PS4 console. The reason? Because it has different localisation options (languages etc). Official sources confirmed it was the same.

So yeah, I just take the playing reports re "changes" with a bucket of salt.

Meanwhile, you have to think about this logistically. Why would they go to the effort? Would they stand for disparity across the platforms? Would they have the spare resources for that at this point in their release cycle, where everything is likely super frantic right now?
That made me laugh :D

I can only go by my own experiences, and since the update the AI has done more skills past me in a single game than in every other combined. Messi was even sprinting (which I swear he never did before) and scored an amazing curling effort from 25 yards out. The same thing has continued when facing other teams.

Honestly, I’ve not noticed any difference to the pace myself. I even compared older videos I’ve got to ones since the patch and it both looks and feels identical to me, but others have mentioned it so maybe it’s just me. However I noticed a difference in the AI within seconds.

Nice post man. I struggle with anxiety and depression myself and this place is a nice escape for me.

A good crowd here.

My GAD is hitting me hard right now.

Anyway, my opinions on the demo are see-sawing back and forth. Like previous PES games, there are a lot of stand out moments where I'm genuinely impressed. I'm talking best in class type of impressed. Unfortunately, I'm finding that the whole isn't greater than the sum of its parts; it is the parts. As in, the game is littered with brilliant little bits and bobs, but I'm finding it difficult to look past the negatives. Of course, it's all about what you personally can and can't live without when it comes to a football game.

Gameplay is definitely slower and heavier, a major plus IMO. I think this current game speed is the same as when demo was launched. I know they slightly made it faster in the second update.
It's great because A. More realistic B. It makes much better contrast between a fast team or player versus a slow one C. Gives you a much more tactical game

I hate fast crazy steroid-injected chicken soccer, ruins the whole experience..

My GAD is hitting me hard right now.

Anyway, my opinions on the demo are see-sawing back and forth. Like previous PES games, there are a lot of stand out moments where I'm genuinely impressed. I'm talking best in class type of impressed. Unfortunately, I'm finding that the whole isn't greater than the sum of its parts; it is the parts. As in, the game is littered with brilliant little bits and bobs, but I'm finding it difficult to look past the negatives. Of course, it's all about what you personally can and can't live without when it comes to a football game.
Hang in there good man. Remember it’s just our minds making out that something is worse than it actually is when in reality, it really isn’t that bad. Like, I’ll go over conversations in my head that I had with someone and convince myself that they now think I’m a complete dick. Every day is a struggle but if it helps, we’re all struggling together, you’re not alone ;)

Sorry for off topic.

The interview that article is based on is from pre-PES 2019 times.
Between Kei and @PES Russia (a PES fan, not an official PES account from Russia). The interview is sketchy at best.
Not saying they didn't actually sit down 5 minutes, with some sort of translator to help them, but he was very vague in his replies. He (nor anyone else from Konami) addressed the Engine talk ever again, not before that interview nor after that interview. So it's kind of strange.
I can see them moving to the Unreal 4 engine as they did with mobile. That engine should be incredible nxt-gen.

I dont think its the patch that changed the game,but the ultimate difficulty,which sider app by juce makes it possible, has chaged the ai enourmously :CONFUSE:

Yeah,hang in there guys.
DM is always open if you wanna talk, we're all a bunch of guys with different limits/views/take on life

I assume it's mainly guys,sorry if that's not case etc (@Chuny blames me for that)

I'm getting closer to pre order,mainly because on the 10th of September 00:01 I can start playing it straight away (if I pre DL it) so that's tempting.
Though my career mode has taken off and Ive found tons of joy on my FIFA 19 again.
But it's tempting though

preordering uncertainty seems to be outweighing ordering certainty.

the cost? a few digital bonuses and £15 discount?

no.

the cost is infinitely bigger.

the cost is time. (at least 1 year, perhaps 2)

plus a beer belly.

Last edited:
I know we mostly see each other as stranger dudes on the internet, but we all maybe forget we are living, breathing humans with lives and stuff happening. It's all the emotionless, lifeless text we use to communicate.

Just remember we're all real people with real lives and things happening, behind this text. We're not just lifeless texts and PES/FIFA bots.

Anyone who feels like talking and letting out steam, I'm here for you. Just hit me a PM. If it makes you feel any better, I have a counselling degree. So don't worry ;)

About PES, as much as I like this game, and I've pre-ordered it, I'm still in two minds about going through with it. Maybe I'm afraid they'll ruin it for me.

Last edited:
Well, some days I spend more time in here talking to you guys than to my actual friends in flesh and bones, or my girl friend. So we have developed some kind of friendship, even if we'll probably never get to meet each other and hang out, and despite the fact that we mostly talk about PES or FIFA and we don't really share much of our lives or problems.

But sure, we could do that too in some other section of the forum and don't hesitate or feel ashamed to share with us. We can all help each other out.

Apologies for off topic.

When I don't post, it doesn't mean I'm not reading you guys. I just don't feel I have anything to add to the ongoing topic. Or because I feel the thread's going on around circles, because we're all just waiting for the full thing to come out.
And most of the times it's because I'm busy creating mods for either game. But thank you for your concern my man.

Anyone had a diving header on manual shooting? Seems like your player doesn't go for it even when you press the button...

(click for HD)

You can see my power bar fill up but he doesn't do anything... Maybe it was a little out of reach but I'd still prefer an attempt to be made and missed than nothing at all.

In general though headers are hugely improved this year. I love the crossing/headers on manual.

Is it weird that it borderline infuriates me that people are changing the camera?

Why? Why change it? The new camera is immense and adds to the immersion by being so close to a real TV camera angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom