eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't say I’m finding any issues with power on advanced personally :D

ezgif-3-0a63d67ec30f.gif

ezgif-3-8eb36b8ae4a9.gif

ezgif-3-c768a60e8e02.gif
You know how on manual you have to aim slightly towards the center of the goal to keep it on target? Have you tried not aiming right for the top corner? If you aim slightly lower it should feel 10x less floaty.

The only time I aim exactly for the top corner is when I'm hitting it a little weaker and trying to dip it over the gk, in situations like this:
ezgif-3-72ca561e80d0.gif

Great goals mate! :) Yeah I thought I had it down pretty good on pes 19 but something feels off for me now but I might just forgot how t oget it right... I guess it's back to the training ground when the full release hits (although, again, I'm gonna wait a couple of Days, gotta see if it isn't dumbed down etc...).

Ps: I have never scored a goal like your last one on advanced, nice!

Reactions: OBH
I also bought the PES 3 demo in GAME! Wasn’t it 1.99 though, not 3 quid?

You could play as England and a few other sides. I was blown away by the David Beckham free kick animation :LOL:

Im pretty sure they released a update disc that gave you all the correct names and kits. Defo remember the demo disc though.

I have a feeling the interactive dialogues will feel like a downgrade to ML! Hope I'm wrong but it could well be embarrassing! Here's my prediction : --

"Hey Boss, it's that time again, we need you to give our boys a team talk to really get them up for the match against our rivals"
Options -
:square: "It won't be easy lads but we've got the measure of this team, give it your heart and soul and we will get victory" (+5 team spirit)

:triangle: "Give the ball to [certain player] and let him work his magic, they won't be able to handle him" (+5 to all attacking stats of whoever the player is)

:circle: "This is what we've been working so hard for, they can't compete with our energy" (Team stamina increased by 25%)

:x: "Who ate all the pies?" (All players come out wearing comedy Sumo suits. All physical stats boosted to 107.)

Last edited:
I have a feeling the interactive dialogues will feel like a downgrade to ML! Hope I'm wrong but it could well be embarrassing! Here's my prediction : --

"Hey Boss, it's that time again, we need you to give our boys a team talk to really get them up for the match against our rivals"
Options -
:square: "It won't be easy lads but we've got the measure of this team, give it your heart and soul and we will get victory" (+5 team spirit)

:triangle: "Give the ball to [certain player] and let him work his magic, they won't be able to handle him" (+5 to all attacking stats of whoever the player is)

:circle: "This is what we've bee working so hard for, they can't compete with our energy" (Team stamina increased by 25%)

:x: "Who ate all the pies?" (All players come out wearing comedy Sumo suits. All physical stats boosted to 107.)
This is my fear, along with it becoming a structured story like The Journey in FIFA (but SURELY they know the appeal of the ML is that we all have different stories).

The fact that we've seen nothing except for a couple of terrible screenshots (Maradona telling the press his team are going to play a "sportsmanlike game" etc.) makes me worry.

With Konami, you just never know what they've decided is a good idea.

The biggie for me is the AI, I've no idea how more people aren't seeing how the AI just pass straight forwards with no build-up. The same completely soulless AI for 38+ games a season will be mind-numbing.

BUT in the PC thread, there's a video of someone playing on Legend and it looks excellent, huge improvement on Superstar. But, it's part of a gameplay mod file, so I don't think it's the default gameplay - I think it's modded. Hoping to get more info when the dude who very kindly supplied the video replies!

Either way, not pre-ordering - I don't think the day one patch will mess anything up, I really don't think they'd be that stupid given all the praise they're getting. But it's a bit worrying how there's no vids of the ML yet, and Gamescom has been and gone...
If its regarding my video, i didnt replace any dt/gameplay file whatsoever. Just download sider and set match difficulty at 6 (legend). I dont know whether using sider will affect gameplay or not

I haven’t seen any good offers for pre ordering the game now.

And like I say, I’ll still be able to get it Day One. Video Games simply don’t sell out anymore.

Last game that sold out was when I was a kid. Mario Bros 3. I badly wanted it that Xmas and my parents couldn’t find a copy for love nor money :(
You say that as it was a fact. They do sometimes. At least in Germany. At least in the store I work. Trust me!

What about your PES love affair this year?! You love her, you hate her, you love her again... :D
So the status right now is: you’ll get your copy day one?!
If you want to ride that roller coaster some more, please answer my question when you are really sure! ;)

I need to ask a question. I was going to create a new thread with a poll for it but maybe it isn't worth it that much.

I split people in 3 groups, regarding their experience with PES 2020 Demo:
A)People like myself who have gone from that "not feeling it" vibe to "woah! this is the best PES in a very long time".
B)Those who simply loved it from the first second.
C)Those who simply aren't feeling it yet. Didn't love it on July 30th, and they still don't love it now.

BUT.... do we have anyone who actually loved it at first but now fallen out of love with it? Just don't feel that charm anymore? Or noticed way too many annoyances that can't be overlooked at this point?.

Notice: Demo time length, teams, stadiums, etc... also play a part in that "getting bored state" but please try to identify and separate the monotony any demo carries with it, from actual gameplay issues that could potentially keep you from enjoy the game throughout the year.

I need to know if there's a fourth group of people.

May I ask - why do you pre order in this day and age? It’s not going to sell out.

I’ll probably pick it up from Tesco on day one when I’m shopping for groceries. The other game looks awful. But why pre order, never understood it?
I pre ordered this morning in GAME for the free football shirt while buying Wreckfest, First game i've pre ordered in about 10 years if not more. Have you asked Tesco if they are getting it in? I dont think the supermarkets bother getting Pro Evo in anymore as ive never seen it for years in them.

Last edited:
I need to ask a question. I was going to create a new thread with a poll for it but maybe it isn't worth it that much.

A)People like myself who have gone from that "not feeling it" vibe to "woah! this is the best PES in a very long time".
C)Those who simply aren't feeling it yet. Didn't love it on July 30th, and they still don't love it now.

BUT.... do we have anyone who actually loved it at first but now fallen out of love with it? Just don't feel that charm anymore? Or noticed way too many annoyances that can't be overlooked at this point?.

Notice: Demo time length, teams, stadiums, etc... also play a part in that "getting bored state" but please try to identify and separate the monotony any demo carries with it, from actual gameplay issues that could potentially keep you from enjoy the game throughout the year.

I don't know but... It's definitely "A" for me.
I went from "nah, that doesn0't impress me that much" before playing it to "well, this is interesting" after the first matches to that "wow, let me play another one" feeling I still feel after every match with the demo.

I caved and installed demo again as had time to kill this morning.

This game is weird. I hate it on dynamic Cam (the default cam in PES 2017 etc).

But when I use the new Stadium Cam, the game feels fresh and I see new things every time I play.

What’s that about? The only downside to Stadium Cam is that I can’t score or defend!

I agree, I tried playing the demo on dynamic wide which I used for 2019 and the game didn't feel that different or special. Playing it on the new stadium cam makes a heck of a difference. I also find this with the other game. Finding the correct camera for you is very important and can be a game changer in your perception of either game.

I’ll go with option B!
First it was B, but that changed quickly to B. Now it’s all B since the demo dropped! :LOL:

;)

B!!
bee-146810332.jpg

B’s out! *dropsdamic* :ROCK:

Currently A.
Although I don't think I've played enough games to make a sound judgement.
Main annoyance is tameness of AI at times and big difference in possession between player and computer.
This may be down to five minute games. You simply have no time to have a well balanced game.
Poll would be useful.

B for me.

I still don’t like the control changes at all, but that doesn’t change the fact that I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my time playing. I’d struggle to find another demo I’ve put this many hours into.

If anything, now I can play Legend using sider my enjoyment has only gone up the more I play.

Not being restricted to 5min games has helped massively.

May I ask - why do you pre order in this day and age? It’s not going to sell out.

I’ll probably pick it up from Tesco on day one when I’m shopping for groceries. The other game looks awful. But why pre order, never understood it?

Two reasons really. One, I have really enjoyed the demo and would very much like the full game to be waiting on my doormat when I get home from work on release day (or a day or two earlier if I am really lucky!)

Two, last time I didn't pre order and went to buy the game in the shop (2017 or 18 I think) Tesco didn't actually have it on the shelves or in stock on release day. So rather than paying the online or Tesco price I had to go into the city and buy it from Game or Gamestation (whichever it was then) and pay a lot more than I would have done. So since then, pre order all the way to save hassle!

Definitely an A -

first vids and E3 - this looks terrible
First few demo hours - it's just PES 2019.5
Few days later till present - easily best PES since 2013

I have pre-ordered too but doing so is exception rather than rule with me. Digital pre-order for the Legend Edition was on offer for 2019 owners and I did so using gifted credit as well. Not a big MyClub player but seeing as I like the demo then maybe I will try the mode with a bit more purpose and that Legend Edition seems to set you up nicely if even only going to take in MyClub casually.

I guess I fall into category B in relation to Chuny's question, though "love" might be a stretch to describe what I thought of the demo at first.

I find it just ok, too old to love or hate games but definitely passes the time so will stick with it this year.

I find it just ok, too old to love or hate games but definitely passes the time so will stick with it this year.

A for me. I'm just too old to ADMIT I love a game... And PES 2020 definitely falls under that category.

I've been seriously close to preordering this a number of times now. Will hang tight as long as I can. God knows I probably won't have the time to play it on release date anyway...

I enjoy it more than recent years, but, and it’s a big but, I have this fear that the full release will uncover a turd sandwich. Whether that be that longer games and a variation on team strength exposes the AI further, or that gameplay is tweaked, or that modes have no depth. Or all 3.

I like it as a demo, I’m just anxious about a full version.

A for me. I'm just too old to ADMIT I love a game... And PES 2020 definitely falls under that category.

I've been seriously close to preordering this a number of times now. Will hang tight as long as I can. God knows I probably won't have the time to play it on release date anyway...

Me too!
But I've had to hold back for reasons already explained.

Maybe not from the first second, but after a couple of matches I was completely hooked. Just as other people have brought up, my biggest complaint is the passivenes of the AI. If this has been adressed in the full version I can definetly see myself playing this until next summer.

Well if I loved it would admit it but that's not what my gaming is about anymore, back on PES 4 and 5 would say I loved them, always on my mind always wanting to play but nowadays if it's something up to standard that can put on for the occasional hour or two and is best football game out it'll suit me just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom