eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me this game gets better by the day as you learn the controls, feels like everything is possible with all the little touches
Yep!

Which is why we’re all terrified of the final release being a shadow of the demo. If someone had told me after the previous 4 years efforts, that I’d be on here posting the praises I have so far about the demo, I wouldn’t have believed them.

So for me the final hurdle to get me fully back on board, is that the final game has not been taken over by the kiddy winks, the boot n face complainers and the strugglers who don’t want to learn how to play.

I wait with baited breath for the opinions here on release day, as sadly a very good demo is not enough to persuade me to part with my hard earned by either pre-ordering or purchasing on the day, maybe next year if they do it right with 2020’s release.

Only 2 weeks to go and we’ll know the truth. I am keeping everything crossed that the very day it’s out, I’m downloading from the PS store, and not sitting here saying I thought/knew it was too good to be true.

Good wishes to us all for the 10th September!

Thiago.

Gets the ball, opens his body. Spins a player. Stops. Slight movement to the left, feint pass to right, keep going left. Outside of the boot defence splitting pass. ummmmfffffffff

So which of you guys are getting this game on release day?
Hope to read your take on it (CPU attack/defense/scripting/stats.
I'm still on the fence,not meaning I won't get it quite quickly unless a few of you guys I've consulted in the past says it's shit.
More a question of finishing up other titles first

Agreed, I was worried he would do some superman dive and actually save it when he took off.

Looks even more ridiculous from this angle

Thanks for sharing this. He is actually teleporting in mid-air. Ridiculous.

I hate how the keepers limit the margins of scoring. They make the goal feel smaller than it actually is. Like you said, you‘re always afraid they‘re going to pull a spiderman that‘s why when in doubt you rather smash it.

I'm still on the fence,not meaning I won't get it quite quickly unless a few of you guys I've consulted in the past says it's shit.
The biggie for me is the AI, I've no idea how more people aren't seeing how the AI just pass straight forwards with no build-up. The same completely soulless AI for 38+ games a season will be mind-numbing.

BUT in the PC thread, there's a video of someone playing on Legend and it looks excellent, huge improvement on Superstar. But, it's part of a gameplay mod file, so I don't think it's the default gameplay - I think it's modded. Hoping to get more info when the dude who very kindly supplied the video replies!

Either way, not pre-ordering - I don't think the day one patch will mess anything up, I really don't think they'd be that stupid given all the praise they're getting. But it's a bit worrying how there's no vids of the ML yet, and Gamescom has been and gone...

The biggie for me is the AI, I've no idea how more people aren't seeing how the AI just pass straight forwards with no build-up. The same completely soulless AI for 38+ games a season will be mind-numbing.

BUT in the PC thread, there's a video of someone playing on Legend and it looks excellent, huge improvement on Superstar. But, it's part of a gameplay mod file, so I don't think it's the default gameplay - I think it's modded. Hoping to get more info when the dude who very kindly supplied the video replies!

Either way, not pre-ordering - I don't think the day one patch will mess anything up, I really don't think they'd be that stupid given all the praise they're getting. But it's a bit worrying how there's no vids of the ML yet, and Gamescom has been and gone...
I've seen a lot of non build up play as well.
Just hope that's not the case on full release,no matter what we think of 18/19 it had build up,17 obviously too.
I need to remind myself it's only a 5 min game,not my usual 20,which should calm the CPU down a lot
I wasn't going to buy ,now I'm most likely to do it,needs some info.
I'm in the situation on FIFA but going from being pretty hyped to not wanting it at all.
Need info on both when released

Last edited:
As much as I see and agree with you, Chris, IMO - its miles ahead to what we had in 19.
Like I said - since demo came out Im hammering it non stop, almost every evening for an hour or so, mind numbing, 5mins pointless matches. And im still finding new things, animations, shots, behaviours. Im not bored.
I hope they will make AI more creative, with more build up, more variety.. i really do.
But even, as it is - its still very enjoyable.

And no, im not pre ordering. :LOL:
But thats coz im afraid ill jinx it. Once I see people saying it still has the demo feeling - im in.
..but we still need someone to be the guinea pig.. @rockstrongo ? Serie A? You know you want it...
:LOL:

Lovely goal, but the keeper animation yet again... Why do they have to fucking jump for every ball? It would have been so much nicer if the goalie had just helplessly watched the ball drop into the far corner, well aware that his positioning just before the header was shambolic.

Had a similar experience with my first goal in the demo. I had been away for two months, so I finally had a chance to play the demo this morning. The manual pass (with Rashford's left as well) felt great and I love the way Martial stumbled a bit to his right as he brought the ball down, but I honestly should have never been able to score a chip in that situation. The keeper's positioning is all over the place and then he attempted that tried and true awkward, poorly animated "leap" that we're accustomed to seeing in modern PES.

That said, there were a lot of positives I came away with after a dozen or so matches. Albeit, some negatives as well. There's a lot I need to explore and unpack with this game before I attempt to articulate my thoughts and experiences. I did notice, however, I was keeping the ball an awful lot. I was hovering around 60-70% every single match (with manual passing on Top Player) against various teams. Slightly disconcerting.

Once all the bad habits you’ve acquired over the years vanish..and everything starts to click.There really isn’t anything like it..

It’s something you have to discover yourself but once you do..

The default camera is how it should be played ..

Just play football and if your a real creative type that sees the spaces.Pa0 will give you hours of endless fun.Especially if your someone that loves to place crosses and knock high/lofted balls into space..The possibilities can feel endless...Shooting even on basic has variety..

I’m having plenty of 1vs1 and those moments where the opposition is opened up and turned..

For me the reality that not everybody is seeing this games quality is it’s depth..There’s just so much you don’t get or see in the first 100 games you play.

Im now at the point where I’m so tuned into the games rhythmic nature..Even a 5 minute demo can feel like a 20 minute match..(it’s weird how you adjust to such a quick match and how much you can do in a limited time frame.When your minimising your error and maximising your creativity).

Mistakes will be punished,as will gaps..Goals..They have to be earned and rarely come easy..

This game doesn’t flatter to deceive..It’s Novocain for the footballing purist and gamer.
Oh mama you speak the language of the gods.

As much as I see and agree with you, Chris, IMO - its miles ahead to what we had in 19.
Like I said - since demo came out Im hammering it non stop, almost every evening for an hour or so, mind numbing, 5mins pointless matches. And im still finding new things, animations, shots, behaviours. Im not bored.
I hope they will make AI more creative, with more build up, more variety.. i really do.
But even, as it is - its still very enjoyable.

And no, im not pre ordering. :LOL:
But thats coz im afraid ill jinx it. Once I see people saying it still has the demo feeling - im in.
..but we still need someone to be the guinea pig.. @rockstrongo ? Serie A? You know you want it...
:LOL:
Well you know me too pal, have it day one,banging in some Atalanta ML action

Guys, did you have this before??
I havent seen anything like it since the glory days. The actual in-game injury, while the game is on, with a bloke collapsed on the ground... shiiiiiiit...

Edit: due to 5mins matches I obviously ignored his initial whinging. But I didnt see that coming..

I havent seen anything like it since the glory days. The actual in-game injury, while the game is on, with a bloke collapsed on the ground... shiiiiiiit...

Edit: due to 5mins matches I obviously ignored his initial whinging. But I didnt see that coming..

Did Boca give you the ball back?

I remember in PES 5 you could kick it out of play and the opponent would give it back to you. Nowadays the referee is meant to stop the play, he did not give one fck in that video though :LMAO:

I love this.

Tevez beating the man and scoring despite being on the ground.

ezgif-3-f106b491b062.gif

I said this last week but I'll say it again: I cannot wait for the full game!
I hadn't touched the demo for about 10 days because I wanted it to still feel fresh on September 10.
But I couldn't hold back anymore and I fired it today. The update we got on PC made it slower. Definitely. Felt good.
But (and I know I'm going to get slaughtered for this) I set the speed to +1 and it felt better than ever.

Don't know if the update also brought any other changes in gameplay, but man... this game is incredible.

I will be giving it at least a week of checking comments on the forum to decide whether to buy or wait.

Undecided on format but if some of quality gameplay snippets carry on, I could even just enjoy the game by watching you guys play til Xmas and maybe dive in then.

I will be giving it at least a week of checking comments on the forum to decide whether to buy or wait.

Undecided on format but if some of quality gameplay snippets carry on, I could even just enjoy the game by watching you guys play til Xmas and maybe dive in then.
It's hard not buying it straight away.
But I'll need to know as well,is the CPU fun enough to play against etc.

I said this last week but I'll say it again: I cannot wait for the full game!
I hadn't touched the demo for about 10 days because I wanted it to still feel fresh on September 10.
But I couldn't hold back anymore and I fired it today. The update we got on PC made it slower. Definitely. Felt good.
But (and I know I'm going to get slaughtered for this) I set the speed to +1 and it felt better than ever.

Don't know if the update also brought any other changes in gameplay, but man... this game is incredible.
I'm so tempted to fish out your doom and gloom messages from before the demo came out :LMAO:

I'm only messing.
Can't say I noticed it being any slower personally, but the AI on legendary seems to be a million times better. I took a bunch of AI clips from just one game. Was great.

T

This happens in 2019 too. Not very often though.

Did Boca give you the ball back?

I remember in PES 5 you could kick it out of play and the opponent would give it back to you. Nowadays the referee is meant to stop the play, he did not give one fck in that video though :LMAO:

The ref isn't supposed to stop play unless it's a head injury. Most teams do eventually kick the ball out but technically there is no obligation, only historical tradition. Interestingly, this season, Bristol City was the first team (as far as I know) to send a letter to the rest of the Championship to say that they wouldn't be kicking the ball out, out of 'politenenss'. Fair play to them I say.

Saying this though, I really liked it when PES (I thought it was pes 3 or 4??) had this rule, it added so much to the game. I honestly would love it if they added a 'realism' mode to Master League which included, for the sake of 'narrative', Handballs, Incorrect offside calls and dubious cards (flagged up by the commentary so you knew it was 'intended'), the ability to kick the ball away after the whistle has been blow (resulting in a yellow card of course!). I think I might be in the minority though!! I would love hyper-realism in a footy game!

I'm so tempted to fish out your doom and gloom messages from before the demo came out :LMAO:

I'm only messing.
Can't say I noticed it being any slower personally, but the AI on legendary seems to be a million times better. I took a bunch of AI clips from just one game. Was great.

Why?
No need to.
I'm the first one to happily admit I was wrong. Very wrong.
And I said it plenty of times myself in this very thread.
It's the first time that what I was seeing on the pre-demo videos didn't translate in what I felt after 5 or 6 games with the Demo.

Only fools would rather stick to their word so that they won't have to admit they were wrong.
I was wrong. But past experiences played to my favor, because I was never wrong about this before. Usually what I saw on videos was exactly what I felt when I was playing myself. So when I didn't like the game before playing it, and I'd complain on Twitter, Adam would tell me things like "Did you play it? Wait until you play it", and when I finally did, it still felt wrong. But this time is different. Because animations are incredible. There's randomness. There's error. There's unpredictability. Still with flaws. But these seem to be flaws I can live with.

It was one of the biggest(overstated) feature of 2019
the player's injury at 0:02 is the same in 2019
then at 0:19 and 0:43 I think I didn't see it in 2019
Still I hope the frequency of in game injury could be more
When I played the 2019 demo, I got 2-3 maybe in my first 50 games then the full game came out,
I barely remember I had this kind of in game injury, and the stamina became almost no impact
thats why I hate konami claiming that was the biggest feature in 2019

Heads up any Canadians on this thread!

So like most of us here I was going to be waiting until a good OF or reviews came in...since we all know the demo is always different from the final build. BUT! To all the other Canadians looking to wait it out, pre-order at EBGames is $54.99, as opposed to $79.99 at other retailers. For that $25 difference alone I decided to go ahead with my pre-order now since I would be buying the game in the future anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom