eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Individual preference might vary but when I look for myclub youtubers there's like 2 with 5 videos from 2018.

Whereas FUT has loads of streamers posting content every day so I think on aggregate we can guess that the majority prefer and stick longer to games with progression rather than first day all star fan service.

As I say there is a lot myclub does well but clearly FUT is a much preferred format but bolted onto a bad game.

Why is there no myclub App? Why cant I scout players and bid via an app?

Anyway there seems to be mixed voices on here who either dislike myclub or FUT so nevermind.

Well technically you can have a top team on FUT within days, its EA and cash is needed, those streamers you speak of spend 5 grand at the start of every year and are sorted with almost unlimited funds till the next game.

That model I'm personally not a fan of but great for clicks on YouTube from kids hoping to pack a shiny.

Myclub you maybe aqquire players too fast and could do with a little tweaking but at least the business model is a bit less based on greed and they do reward time played as well as money spent.

Well technically you can have a top team on FUT within days, its EA and cash is needed, those streamers you speak of spend 5 grand at the start of every year and are sorted with almost unlimited funds till the next game.

That model I'm personally not a fan of but great for clicks on YouTube from kids hoping to pack a shiny.

Myclub you maybe aqquire players too fast and could do with a little tweaking but at least the business model is a bit less based on greed and they do reward time played as well as money spent.

I don't disagree I guess my point was Konami giving us 90+ rated team of the week players straight away rather than incremental stat bumps means you'll end up with superstar players too fast in the game availability pool.

In FUT yes you can spend 1000s to get an icon squad but the number of people who do this is a relatively low number compared to the size if their player base.

I guess I'd just rather see the in game players progression of stat increases slow down.

I mean the game tries to slow you down scouting players by having such a low number of scout auctions available at any one time so why do they juxtapose this with basically end game TOTY player stat boosted players available in week 1 packs for 100 coins?

Edit also where can I see how many games/goals/assists a player has for my club?

Last edited:
It's a good idea, like you mention there are dedicated sites that have their own leagues and transfer markets which are infinitely more enjoyable than the base game modes.

The only challenge is it takes a lot of organisation and commitment to make it run effectively. You need an active player base of 30+ people to prevent finding/arranging games becoming a chore.

i used to play proevo network - addictve as helll .... no way do i want that ...i'm looking for ONE casual playing partner so i can switch on every week and have a game of myclub/show off any acquisitions/see if my skills/squad is good and then switch off

Regular ProEvoNetwork player here, can confirm it's both a time sink and the BEST way to play PES. By far. Certainly if you want online games but don't want to play utter bellends.

Honestly can't wait for the new season (even though I've been demoted from the Prem), playing PES 2020 on it. Stadium cam, fun gameplay, new defending and dribbling style which I like... Gonna be so good.

Many of us have grown up with the PS2-era games. I did, too. That's why we're so attached to them and that's why we "look" for something reminding us about them in every new PES that gets released.
I for one must say that this demo reminds me of the good things that I used to feel in that era. The fun, that "one more match" feeling that more than once kept me up all night without noticing, that "put down the controller, stand up and shout" feeling after a wonderful goal and that very good feeling of satisfaction, that feeling rewarded, when I manage to pull off a particularly well executed play. All of these were things I used to feel back in the day, this demo is the closest to that that we've ever been.

This being said, this doesn't mean things have progressed.
I'd be a fool if I said that the game hasn't progressed since: this is now a completely different game from a technical standpoint. What we can achieve now was impossible to achieve (and probably even to think about) back then.
I definitely feel like Konami are on the right track here, they've come up with something way better than what we had last year, probably even better than PES 2017 and PES 2015 (which are the two games of the current gen I liked the most).
Surely they could've done some things better than they have. Surely we have moments in which keepers are either superhuman or totally at a loss. Surely awareness can be toned up a little (but it's already better than what we had in the past by a land mile)... But all in all it's a great effort and I hope they don't touch it (or, if they really need to, they do as less as they can).
Yeah i still play PES 5 on PS2 til this day and to say PES 20 has not progressed or elvolved from 5
is insane. For a start PES 5 only has 8 directions which once you switch to 20 its the first thing that jumps out to you imo. The animations in 20 are league and leagues ahead of PES 5 on a whole everything moves much more naturally and 95% of the time makes sense. The speed of the game has slowed to a more realistic pace and while 5 was slow back in the day its quite a bit faster than 20. The graphics have obviously progressed massively espciallly the lighting. I think people forgot how 'simple' the PS2 games were and how simple they played just because back then we thought they were near perfect. Playing PES 5 now is still fun but it is so dated compared to 20 overall.

My last post in here for a while because I don’t want to pollute the thread. It’s annoying when people are negative, I get that.

But I’ve uninstalled the demo. The game is still far too rigid, on rails and basic. It’s just that...basic. Which is so annoying as there’s a lot about it I like i.e. the slow realistic pace, amazing player models and a good weighty feel to the ball.

But man, I can’t get past how dated everything feels. I saw someone earlier say that it’s like a PS2 PES game or something similar. Is that a good thing? Why hasn’t the game evolved and improved more than it has by now?

Again, my last post - don’t want to annoy you. But this game really isn’t that good in MY opinion and I fear the usual suspects on Twitter will gush on release, claim that ‘Da King Iz Back’ and all that nonsense and Konami will be like “job done, don’t need add much next year.”

When in reality, in MY opinion, the game is hugely flawed both as a game and as a package.

Now I’ll look forward to PES 2021 and see what it brings.
I'll bet you
Regular ProEvoNetwork player here, can confirm it's both a time sink and the BEST way to play PES. By far. Certainly if you want online games but don't want to play utter bellends.

Honestly can't wait for the new season (even though I've been demoted from the Prem), playing PES 2020 on it. Stadium cam, fun gameplay, new defending and dribbling style which I like... Gonna be so good.
How is it setup?
Game length/transfers /games per week etc.
Just an overview mate!

I'll bet you

How is it setup?
Game length/transfers /games per week etc.
Just an overview mate!
15min games, transfer market is bespoke but based on the main PES database. Atm, we have more "top players" than historically we used to, for a bit of variety. But the bulk of players are in the 70-78 rating range. Here's my squad, and here's our database.

High-rated players are "stars". Having 2-3 entitles you to a wage discount, while having 0-1 and 4+ results in increasingly heavy wage multipliers. That way, a certain amount of quality is ensured across the teams, but it doesn't get out of hand without massive penalty.

The transfer window is like an inverted version of the real one, so it's open all the time barring the occasional weekend and during the off-season. When it's open, you arrange with other managers to do swap deals or straight cash transfers (we have our own currency, PENce). You earn currency by turning up to community nights (game events on your console), making money through shrewd transfer dealings, and other ways like making posts on the main site or making forum signature banners for other users.

The game load isn't that intense, though it piles up if you don't keep on top of it. It works out to about 4 fixtures every two weeks. The main challenge is finding times you can match up with your opponent. But we have a special section of the forum to do that in, with a thread for every fixture. This year, a measure was introduced where regular "fixture setup log" usage was monitored and then rewarded come the end of the season with a PENce bonus.

Accordingly, participation across the board was really good this year. It's very well moderated, with a whole team of admins doing different jobs - overlooking transfers, fixture logs, community events, etc.

Behind the scenes a massive amount of work goes on to keep it ticking. We've lasted so long when others have struggled largely because of the strength of commitment from the admin team, and the bespoke structure they've developed over time.

15min games, transfer market is bespoke but based on the main PES database. Atm, we have more "top players" than historically we used to, for a bit of variety. But the bulk of players are in the 70-78 rating range. Here's my squad, and here's our database.

High-rated players are "stars". Having 2-3 entitles you to a wage discount, while having 0-1 and 4+ results in increasingly heavy wage multipliers. That way, a certain amount of quality is ensured across the teams, but it doesn't get out of hand without massive penalty.

The transfer window is like an inverted version of the real one, so it's open all the time barring the occasional weekend and during the off-season. When it's open, you arrange with other managers to do swap deals or straight cash transfers (we have our own currency, PENce). You earn currency by turning up to community nights (game events on your console), making money through shrewd transfer dealings, and other ways like making posts on the main site or making forum signature banners for other users.

The game load isn't that intense, though it piles up if you don't keep on top of it. It works out to about 4 fixtures every two weeks. The main challenge is finding times you can match up with your opponent. But we have a special section of the forum to do that in, with a thread for every fixture. This year, a measure was introduced where regular "fixture setup log" usage was monitored and then rewarded come the end of the season with a PENce bonus.

Accordingly, participation across the board was really good this year. It's very well moderated, with a whole team of admins doing different jobs - overlooking transfers, fixture logs, community events, etc.

Behind the scenes a massive amount of work goes on to keep it ticking. We've lasted so long when others have struggled largely because of the strength of commitment from the admin team, and the bespoke structure they've developed over time.
Hefty answer pal, appreciated!
It's a stunning idea playing online with dedicated players who's in to PA0-PA0 and wanting to play the game right,instead of the insanity that is regular online gaming I'm going to check it out further more.
Thanks for your answer pal,and good luck coming season!

Just hope they'll start to have more crossplay avaible on consoles in the future,being in Xbox And Pes limits you a bit,not an issue on FIFA though

I was on it for years when it first started up and had Lyon for 3 years with PES 4-6. Is it still Davotek that runs it? Players back in the day were UkHardcore, Godders, JdCurly, Gavvodka, JackBauer, im guessing no original members are still on the go?

Was a great place back then im amazed its still on the go.

Hefty answer pal, appreciated!
It's a stunning idea playing online with dedicated players who's in to PA0-PA0 and wanting to play the game right,instead of the insanity that is regular online gaming I'm going to check it out further more.
Thanks for your answer pal,and good luck coming season!

Just hope they'll start to have more crossplay avaible on consoles in the future,being in Xbox And Pes limits you a bit,not an issue on FIFA though
Just to clarify, we do have PA0 leagues, but outside of that, the norm is PA1. We would enforce a max PA1 if it were possible, but all our matches by necessity take place in the friendly match lobby, and you can change PA level on the fly in there, should you wish to. So as it stands, there's no PA1 rule for the main leagues, but 98% of the managers use it anyway (or FUMA). A couple don't, and it's always a tense subject, but the prevailing attitude is generally one of disdain towards PA2+.

Also, what do you play on mate? We have leagues for both Xbox and PS4. We trialled one for PC as well, but it was difficult to get the players to stick with it so it got canned. Check it out if you're interested. New season will kick off around the time of the new game, ish. https://proevonetwork.com/forums/

I was on it for years when it first started up and had Lyon for 3 years with PES 4-6. Is it still Davotek that runs it? Players back in the day were UkHardcore, Godders, JdCurly, Gavvodka, JackBauer, im guessing no original members are still on the go?

Was a great place back then im amazed its still on the go.
Yes, it's still Davo that runs it! It closed down for a few years I believe, and then Goat261 resurrected it pretty much. I don't recognise those names unfortunately. But yeah, it's going strong with over 100 managers, a 2-division manual PS4 league, a 5-division PS4 league, and a 2-division Xbox league.

Feel free to check it out again and sign up!

I dunno how it used to work, but these days, it's not first come first served. Instead, vacant league spots go to those who (a) have made a regular effort to get involved with the forums, playing friendlies against members and joining community nights, and those who (b) have a general attitude towards the game which isn't "win at all costs"

There’s no right or wrong thing to enjoy the most about football games, but I agree with @Gale Kast. To me, things like stadiums are the icing on the cake. It’s the gameplay that makes me keep coming back for more. Like, I can’t help but laugh a bit when I hear people unhappy with things like adboards. I don’t think I’ve ever once even looked at an adboard :D No joke, I couldn’t tell you a single one that Konami use, or what they look like. I’ve not paid a seconds notice to them. Same as when PES fans were fuming about net physics a few years ago, or when I read people unhappy with foot planting. They’re just things that have zero impact on my enjoyment so I simply don’t notice them, but doesn’t mean they aren’t important.

I get your points, but for me these are not necessarily two separate things (gameplay and atmosphere/immersion). In an ideal game it should go hand in hand. If you are, say, Juventus, there should be a difference between having to play an early round cup match against Empoli on a rainy October night versus a CL quarter final against Atletico. You should be able to tell what gameplay you can expect just by the quality and size of the venue and the history of the club you are up against.

Of course, neither of the two games gets these subtle aspects right, though there was this David Rutter produced FIFA RTWC game (don't remember which year, but I think it was 2009) which got at least the atmospherical aspects spot on. As Germany, you would have to travel to Faroer Islands and play their national team in a shitty track-and-field stadium of no more than 10.000 with a spotty pitch and drab suburban residential buildings on the perimeter. It felt exactly like the nuisance it must have been in real life.

I don't disagree I guess my point was Konami giving us 90+ rated team of the week players straight away rather than incremental stat bumps means you'll end up with superstar players too fast in the game availability pool.

In FUT yes you can spend 1000s to get an icon squad but the number of people who do this is a relatively low number compared to the size if their player base.

I guess I'd just rather see the in game players progression of stat increases slow down.

I mean the game tries to slow you down scouting players by having such a low number of scout auctions available at any one time so why do they juxtapose this with basically end game TOTY player stat boosted players available in week 1 packs for 100 coins?

Edit also where can I see how many games/goals/assists a player has for my club?

In all honesty mate I didn't play a lot of myclub this year so don't know much about team of the week players.

In PES 18 though think I got Usain Bolt, Maradonna maybe loan Beckham and couple of agent spins, it wasn't much and by the end of month 1 had a few stars but mostly gold and silvers, it was at a decent pace acquiring players and as for bottom question you see goals and appearances by pressing R2 in squad list and cycling to whatever stat you want to see.

never thought I'd say it but online can actually be fun. just had a great game with me on bayern vs arsenal the guy was using deep defensive line and apparently practicing his defending because entire game was me trying to break him down, lewandoski scored to win 1-0 in 92nd min. fair play he even let me watch all the celebrations/replays, was such a realistic game

it's only playable on PA1 though, it's obvious when someone is using higher PA because they can just ping it around without any thought, the ball actually speeds up to find its target so dumb, why the heck can't you limit it PA1 only, not "similar settings" lol

First ever on target with that sort of thing, i feel dirty..

Very nice.

Enjoying the game after 20 games thus far, i'm really hoping it'll be the case after 100+ and that its depth holds up in the improvements that have been made. Konami have seemingly made good strides this year in many departments, dribbling/passing/speed of game/camera and shooting to some degree. Obviously not without its issues but making me want this on day 1, which has not been the case in many years.

I get your points, but for me these are not necessarily two separate things (gameplay and atmosphere/immersion). In an ideal game it should go hand in hand. If you are, say, Juventus, there should be a difference between having to play an early round cup match against Empoli on a rainy October night versus a CL quarter final against Atletico. You should be able to tell what gameplay you can expect just by the quality and size of the venue and the history of the club you are up against.

Of course, neither of the two games gets these subtle aspects right, though there was this David Rutter produced FIFA RTWC game (don't remember which year, but I think it was 2009) which got at least the atmospherical aspects spot on. As Germany, you would have to travel to Faroer Islands and play their national team in a shitty track-and-field stadium of no more than 10.000 with a spotty pitch and drab suburban residential buildings on the perimeter. It felt exactly like the nuisance it must have been in real life.
You're right; gameplay, graphics, and sound design should go hand in hand and aren't necessarily separate things. A horror game can have the best gameplay ever, but a poor atmosphere will completely ruin it, but unlike other genres, as much as it might be painful to accept at times, it just isn't mandatory in football games. I'm not dismissing how big an impact atmosphere would have in PES, but if the game was totally broken without it then between us we wouldn't have put thousands of hours into it?

On a seperate point, you said something I found really interesting:
"You should be able to tell what gameplay you can expect just by the quality and size of the venue and the history of the club you are up against."

So, sorry if I've misunderstood you, but the stadium the play in, and the history of your opposing club should actually change the gameplay on the pitch? So, if you're playing as a D2 team for example, and you have a crappy pitch at your home stadium, then not only do you have to deal with 65 rated players, but you play ever worse because of the horrible state of the pitch? Hey, I can see the appeal, imagine pissing off all those Madrid players online because you made them play on an awful pitch :D:D it would certainly make things unique and interesting, but you'd get just as many people who would HATE the idea.

I mean, is this possible in PES?
Yes it is. I do it all the time.
But that's because I'm poor at shooting with manual controls. :D

On a serious note, I don't think we'll see anything like that in PES from the AI, it's just too blatant... But I can confirm that I've seen the AI miss a couple of sitters and it felt good. They're definitely more varied and a little more human now in terms of passing accuracy and shooting error.
Once again I'll have to say well done Konami! :APPLAUD:

never thought I'd say it but online can actually be fun. just had a great game with me on bayern vs arsenal the guy was using deep defensive line and apparently practicing his defending because entire game was me trying to break him down, lewandoski scored to win 1-0 in 92nd min. fair play he even let me watch all the celebrations/replays, was such a realistic game

it's only playable on PA1 though, it's obvious when someone is using higher PA because they can just ping it around without any thought, the ball actually speeds up to find its target so dumb, why the heck can't you limit it PA1 only, not "similar settings" lol

Yeah, would be such an easy thing to do as well since you can do it for PA0. Hopefully the online competitions etc will be PA1 locked, some guy who are involved with that alluded to it anyway a couple of weeks back (I posted a tweet he made).

Are you swedish by any chance Staffan? :)

Yous are whinging about atmosphere, coz yous are missing aul Jimmy and you dont even realise! :LOL:
Sometimes when the body gets tired - brain goes with it! :LOL:

On a serious note - I agree that there aint no right and wrong here, just a matter of perception. Im skipping most of entry scenes so I dont see any stadiums anyway.
Having said that - small, generic stadiums would be nice to have, especially since they have so many lesser leagues there now.
Playing on an 80000 stadium should be privilege and something special when you pick small team for ML.
Hopefully we will get some stadiums via DLC, altho I dont think they would be generic ones.. they like their prestige in announcing some real stadium coming in.
At least they could unlock all the stadiums for any region, that would be a good start..

Meanwhile im settling nicely on full manual. When full game comes and brings us some "nice" ML scripting (hopefully not too much) I might be going with full manual and Professional for starters and see how crazy AI is then.

Here's some Adv.Through ball for dessert. Its like @chiefrocka4real said - when you manage to pull something off the way it played out in your head - it feels savage.

Lovely!!!

These are those moments!
Great pass and lovely finish!

And I love how Lewandowski jumps up and cheers after the shot!
(I hate that running in a circle pointing at the assistant)

Looks so like him...

Gotta love the physicality in Pes20. Take a look at lukaku here
https://imgur.com/gallery/iL79hgZ

Ps. Can someone help how to posts gifs/videos here. Tried uploading directly from my phone but i get an error.

Nice one!

I´m having problems with imgur too.
I use gifyou.com and it works putting the gifs into your post.

@chiefrocka4real cheers, pal.
Question - are you on ps4? If so, how do you send your gifs across?
Replays can be uploaded straight to youtube, but gifs have only some weird upload options (twitter is there, but didnt necessarily wanted to upload every gif on twitter)

@Emroth

I play the demo on PS4 but more often on PC.
I´m not sure yet whether to get that one on PS4 too, but certainly on PC.

I just record the replays off-screen and save it as gif on my phone.

Works better for me and I don´t really wanna flood my youtube channel with PES gifs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom