eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
thought people was exagerrating but having my first extended play this is definitely the best pes since PS2, but in a strange way it still is a PS2 game, or rather it still has the pes dna. I mean I was playing pes 5 when I couldnt play it and I feel switch to PES 2020 is quite a smooth transition, I defend in the exact same way. it does feel like they were trying to create a "high tech pes 5" and in many ways have succeeded. I can see why people are so nervous about it being ruined for release!

I'm amazed people can't notice them, my eyes always get drawn to the animations but maybe its my FPS background where anything moves on screen I look and shoot or maybe people use very zoomed in cameras.

I have even installed PES 16 in the past to get away from them since they are solid and dark there and FYI ad boards have never bothered me in any game until the electronic ones started being used here, don't even notice them in FIFA.
Honestly, until @slamsoze just said that they advertise gold and black balls I had no idea that’s what they showed :D

I think discussions like this show how difficult making these games must be. So many different things are important to different people.

True @OBH, they bother me that much I'd rather not play any match that has them, if PES 16 wasn't so on the rails and one dimensional I would probably have spent most of my time on that the past few years.

are there any fake leagues in this years game to create the Bundasliga for example or did they have to sacrifice those leagues to bring us all those D2s

Thanks to my job I have been able to see a fair bit of the world, and also thanks to it I have been able to travel in my time away from the grind too. I call it grind but really I just got lucky in a job and as a single man I thought why not see the world while needing to earn.

Love football, love football games, and in my experience what folk enjoy, desire and even hate about both varies from country to country and from continent to continent. But even when experiencing these different cultures that can differ again from person to person.

A few posts back someone spoke of scoring away to Birmingham in PES and the cut to celebration showing the match was played in a Colosseum of sorts and it killing the immersion for them. I can understand that but only as much as I understand a different player seeing that and thinking nothing of it, or another playing seeing that and just embracing the fantasy of it all.

Who's right? I'd say they all are.

Played PES since PS1 and it probably hasn't been a great game for realizing the look of the sport in Great Britain. It never really bothered me but I did notice it, as tend never really to play Master League in any of the British leagues. I don't know if I did if it would bother me or not. I've just liked the football it has served up over the years, with some versions being better than others. None of them perfect, certainly not regards realism but then both Konami's and EA's offerings never have been close to realism. I say that but for all I know either game has provided a realistic experience to others. Back to everybody being right then. Dammit!

Enjoying the demo but not really playing it as much now since the first week of its release. Spent a fair penny or two in PSN sales so stopping myself from going to it and trying to get through (or just simply start!) some games that have been sat on the hard drive for ages.

I too am getting some golden years vibes from the game, right down to some of the marketing and promotion! Why in the hell was finding news about the game during gamescom like 2003 all over again? Seeing screen grabs of PES Asia (?) saying Serie B will in the game and not being sure if it is a legitimate source or not. Not sure if I prefer that or 5 minutes of gameplay of PES3 from some obscure site that took over an hour to download. So strange as they seem to have a fair boost in licenses this year again. Thought they would have conference there or something.

thought people was exagerrating but having my first extended play this is definitely the best pes since PS2, but in a strange way it still is a PS2 game, or rather it still has the pes dna. I mean I was playing pes 5 when I couldnt play it and I feel switch to PES 2020 is quite a smooth transition, I defend in the exact same way. it does feel like they were trying to create a "high tech pes 5" and in many ways have succeeded. I can see why people are so nervous about it being ruined for release!
A hi tech PES is what PES fans have been asking for this that awful 2008 game. Its been a long 11-12 years.

PES has soul. After all these years Konami finally go back to their roots, They just get football and how it should be played. They needed new direction right enough and Adam moving to Japan has worked wonders but that soul that PES has remained in tact after all these years. This reay is the start of something great.

I'm having problems adjusting to any of the cameras in the game. Coming from FIFA, I use Tele Broadcast. Can anybody suggest a comparable camera to this?. I tried dynamic wide in PES but really feel like there is something missing. Thanks
Use the default camera til you get used to it as it is brilliant theyl be no turning back once you are comfy with it.

Obviously I'd like more stadiums,I understand people playing the PL is frustrated,never bothered me though,I've played one ML in Britain on a modern Pes game.
But yeah,I completely understand the frustration.

Presentation should be much better,if they're trying to replicate a TV broadcast,please make it believable.
But at the end of the day,just like Pes 5-6, gameplay will always be what makes me return to Pes

Love the look of the new camera but think it is something I will use more come final release. Matches way too short in the demo and think it is something for the final release to see if it will become the default for me.

A weird gripe I do have is the audio. Weird in that the game audio in PES is rarely my primary audio experience when playing, but like having the mutter of a commentary track coming from my TV. Always missing from the demo's and when I have played it with just game sound it does all feel a bit flat. Don't even think the commentary is great or anything once it is in, but just a tolerable white-noise in the background when I am playing and have music on. Wait, that makes me weird - commentary audio liker who isn't really listening to it.

Yous are whinging about atmosphere, coz yous are missing aul Jimmy and you dont even realise! :LOL:
Sometimes when the body gets tired - brain goes with it! :LOL:

On a serious note - I agree that there aint no right and wrong here, just a matter of perception. Im skipping most of entry scenes so I dont see any stadiums anyway.
Having said that - small, generic stadiums would be nice to have, especially since they have so many lesser leagues there now.
Playing on an 80000 stadium should be privilege and something special when you pick small team for ML.
Hopefully we will get some stadiums via DLC, altho I dont think they would be generic ones.. they like their prestige in announcing some real stadium coming in.
At least they could unlock all the stadiums for any region, that would be a good start..

Meanwhile im settling nicely on full manual. When full game comes and brings us some "nice" ML scripting (hopefully not too much) I might be going with full manual and Professional for starters and see how crazy AI is then.

Here's some Adv.Through ball for dessert. Its like @chiefrocka4real said - when you manage to pull something off the way it played out in your head - it feels savage.

It would be unfair to Konami if people still say they don't take an effort towards the game. Do you guys know that to get the Brazilian Serie B licensed, they have to speak to each club and all their players individually? Isn't that effort? 50 European teams from launch, isn't that effort? Better database as already shown by the readded D2's and extra teams, isn't that effort? Well, give credit where it's due, otherwise we're just haters.

Hear what you’re saying, and yes on the surface it is an effort.

However, what nerfs people off with Konami and EA is the initial removal of said facilities and content in the first place without any known or understood reason, only for them to make a sudden reappearance a year or two later.

I well remember the other lot one year did a sponsorship deal with a game controller company and PC users could only configure/re-configure buttons and controller functions if they had that controller. All other controllers were ‘invisible’ to the game and couldn’t be adjusted.

The next year when the sponsorship deal was done, they had a big fanfare launch of the new ‘controller centre’.

Imagine doing stuff like that like that to your customers!

Konami have been doing the same rubbish here too down the years. Last year removing 2nd divisions, other years removing all weather conditions, another year completely removing the league mode.

So, no we’re not impressed that in 2020 we’re getting a game with the stuff that should have been in 10 years ago, and which is still less than what was there 15 years ago.

Hooped kits in PES2020 though. They weren't in the now 15 years-old PES4. I kid.

Up there with a few others as one of the most absurd cases of a feature being missing in a football game ever.

Lets hope they dont screw this up this time.

Having checked the official site, the leagues list is really a license list and covers licensed/semi-licensed leagues only. Could regret saying this, but reckon the fictional leagues are still in but not covered on that list because they have no form of license attached to them.

No idea why they don't make that page just a leagues/teams list and have everything on show. Bizarre. They surely know that people who have had an interest in the series spanning decades would want to know exactly what is in there, including the unlicensed stuff, particularly when Edit Mode is a demo feature this year.

are there any fake leagues in this years game to create the Bundasliga for example or did they have to sacrifice those leagues to bring us all those D2s
https://www.pesmaster.com/peu-league/pes-2020/league/39/

Still an exaggerated request from me and from some others i read last year, we are few but we grow in numbers time to time. The fake league you ask is here, but the real problem is, we need at least one more fake league except for PEU League, cause the one fake league is standard pre-occupied by Bundesliga, in most OFs. So we need an extra one, to create our country league, at least for us that our teams are in the Rest of Europe Area (Czech, Greece, Austria, Serbia, Croatia, Ukraine, Poland, Slovenia, Slovakia etc, etc, etc)

Yous are whinging about atmosphere, coz yous are missing aul Jimmy and you dont even realise! :LOL:
Sometimes when the body gets tired - brain goes with it! :LOL:

On a serious note - I agree that there aint no right and wrong here, just a matter of perception. Im skipping most of entry scenes so I dont see any stadiums anyway.
Having said that - small, generic stadiums would be nice to have, especially since they have so many lesser leagues there now.
Playing on an 80000 stadium should be privilege and something special when you pick small team for ML.
Hopefully we will get some stadiums via DLC, altho I dont think they would be generic ones.. they like their prestige in announcing some real stadium coming in.
At least they could unlock all the stadiums for any region, that would be a good start..

Meanwhile im settling nicely on full manual. When full game comes and brings us some "nice" ML scripting (hopefully not too much) I might be going with full manual and Professional for starters and see how crazy AI is then.

Here's some Adv.Through ball for dessert. Its like @chiefrocka4real said - when you manage to pull something off the way it played out in your head - it feels savage.
I am from those type of PES player, when i play PES (ML) it is like a ritual to me, and i feel it helps me get into the match feeling, more than just a Player 1 user, to watch everything adding immersion: The full entrance scene with rosters-formations cards, cutscenes in game without pressing "start/skip", watching the replays, watching the goal celebrations, watching the cup ceremonies. Even in the most recent games, that all of the above are half-broken, half-arsed entrance scene presentation, meaningless replay and cutscene for a pointless foul, rushed celebration, cup ceremony celebration without a visible physical-trophy!!!. I still try to watch some of them, the less pointless at least.

Been away for a couple of days but has anyone got some info about passing and PA1 especially from the Gamescom- version? The same? More assisted? Less assisted (I know I know, not likely...)

Well, but that's the style of Neuer.
He does that quite often, so I would say that ID isn't implemented that bad.

What about the other keepers?
Are they doing it the same way as him?
And if yes, are they offensive keepers?
We need to check the stats.
No but keepers are overpowered especially de gea

Any info about who s gonna be the commentator this year? I d like the return of jon champion tbh,love his interventions: oh nearly!!! But in football terms nearly is nowhere , such a sarcastic one he s so blunt when he says those hahaha

The game plays really well.

Now if only they can achieve making 'Myclub' feel like you know.. 'MY' Club and not their club...

For longevity the game modes need to really entice the user to play long term and not just friendlies.

Having just played PES19 lite it's clear that the economy is skewed and feels terrible. No game should allow me to get 3 icons on the first day but then not be able to afford to put them on the field for fear of their contracts coming up.

I fear making substitutions because if I bring a player on for 30 mins it could cost me 1000s of GP.

I'd prefer Konami to allow me to buy stadiums for GP and new kits so that I can start small and buy more things for Myclub as I progress.

I took a football game hiatus from 2009 to 2018 when I came back and played Fifa ultimate team for a year and did the while weekend league experience. It does so many off the field things right.

1, companion App to trade, setup my team so much win
2, miles better economy, I dont need 3 icons on day 1 but I would like to not worry about contra t renewals
3, my club felt like my club
4, more realistic TOTW stat improvements(small bumps in stats over the course of a season)
5, active transfer market, Pes scout search, do I really want to wait 24 hours till the next auction is available for a random club scout? I have gp let me buy within the next hour or two pls!
6, see above
7, daily/weekly challenges
-Score 3 headers, volleys, do 3 through ball assists etc

Give me tasks to play for frequently to keep me coming back with useful rewards.

Im going to ignore sbcs and things but people love this stuff.

Any info about who s gonna be the commentator this year? I d like the return of jon champion tbh,love his interventions: oh nearly!!! But in football terms nearly is nowhere , such a sarcastic one he s so blunt when he says those hahaha
Forget that. I hated Jon Champion :D

As Fifa get all the sky sports guys, if I was Konami I’d go the other way and get Darren Fletcher & Jermaine Jeans from BT Sport.

Last edited:
Thanks to my job I have been able to see a fair bit of the world, and also thanks to it I have been able to travel in my time away from the grind too. I call it grind but really I just got lucky in a job and as a single man I thought why not see the world while needing to earn.

Love football, love football games, and in my experience what folk enjoy, desire and even hate about both varies from country to country and from continent to continent. But even when experiencing these different cultures that can differ again from person to person.

A few posts back someone spoke of scoring away to Birmingham in PES and the cut to celebration showing the match was played in a Colosseum of sorts and it killing the immersion for them. I can understand that but only as much as I understand a different player seeing that and thinking nothing of it, or another playing seeing that and just embracing the fantasy of it all.

Who's right? I'd say they all are.

Played PES since PS1 and it probably hasn't been a great game for realizing the look of the sport in Great Britain. It never really bothered me but I did notice it, as tend never really to play Master League in any of the British leagues. I don't know if I did if it would bother me or not. I've just liked the football it has served up over the years, with some versions being better than others. None of them perfect, certainly not regards realism but then both Konami's and EA's offerings never have been close to realism. I say that but for all I know either game has provided a realistic experience to others. Back to everybody being right then. Dammit!

Enjoying the demo but not really playing it as much now since the first week of its release. Spent a fair penny or two in PSN sales so stopping myself from going to it and trying to get through (or just simply start!) some games that have been sat on the hard drive for ages.

I too am getting some golden years vibes from the game, right down to some of the marketing and promotion! Why in the hell was finding news about the game during gamescom like 2003 all over again? Seeing screen grabs of PES Asia (?) saying Serie B will in the game and not being sure if it is a legitimate source or not. Not sure if I prefer that or 5 minutes of gameplay of PES3 from some obscure site that took over an hour to download. So strange as they seem to have a fair boost in licenses this year again. Thought they would have conference there or something.

Good post. What is your job? Lol

Pretty sure it's gonna be the same team for the English. Drury/Beglin.

Beglin is on Twitter, still retweeting PES news. He's actually an interesting and decent pundit/commentator in real life, but it doesn't translate very well in-game and the way they've recorded him and spliced it up, he sounds incredibly wooden.

Drury isn't on Twitter, but he's the newer of the two. I actually don't mind him. When he first came (was it 2016/2017?), I warmed to his enthusiasm. Love Champion too but there's no doubt he got stale. Wouldn't mind a totally new pair – and a totally new commentary system where they've worked out how to make it sound half natural.

For a laugh, check out the user "football_poet" on Twitter :D

My last post in here for a while because I don’t want to pollute the thread. It’s annoying when people are negative, I get that.

But I’ve uninstalled the demo. The game is still far too rigid, on rails and basic. It’s just that...basic. Which is so annoying as there’s a lot about it I like i.e. the slow realistic pace, amazing player models and a good weighty feel to the ball.

But man, I can’t get past how dated everything feels. I saw someone earlier say that it’s like a PS2 PES game or something similar. Is that a good thing? Why hasn’t the game evolved and improved more than it has by now?

Again, my last post - don’t want to annoy you. But this game really isn’t that good in MY opinion and I fear the usual suspects on Twitter will gush on release, claim that ‘Da King Iz Back’ and all that nonsense and Konami will be like “job done, don’t need add much next year.”

When in reality, in MY opinion, the game is hugely flawed both as a game and as a package.

Now I’ll look forward to PES 2021 and see what it brings.

The game plays really well.

Now if only they can achieve making 'Myclub' feel like you know.. 'MY' Club and not their club...

For longevity the game modes need to really entice the user to play long term and not just friendlies.

Having just played PES19 lite it's clear that the economy is skewed and feels terrible. No game should allow me to get 3 icons on the first day but then not be able to afford to put them on the field for fear of their contracts coming up.

I fear making substitutions because if I bring a player on for 30 mins it could cost me 1000s of GP.

I'd prefer Konami to allow me to buy stadiums for GP and new kits so that I can start small and buy more things for Myclub as I progress.

I took a football game hiatus from 2009 to 2018 when I came back and played Fifa ultimate team for a year and did the while weekend league experience. It does so many off the field things right.

1, companion App to trade, setup my team so much win
2, miles better economy, I dont need 3 icons on day 1 but I would like to not worry about contra t renewals
3, my club felt like my club
4, more realistic TOTW stat improvements(small bumps in stats over the course of a season)
5, active transfer market, Pes scout search, do I really want to wait 24 hours till the next auction is available for a random club scout? I have gp let me buy within the next hour or two pls!
6, see above
7, daily/weekly challenges
-Score 3 headers, volleys, do 3 through ball assists etc

Give me tasks to play for frequently to keep me coming back with useful rewards.

Im going to ignore sbcs and things but people love this stuff.

the beauty of myclub is its ease of acquisition of star players and the need for careful use of the players and manage your budget. that's been pes premise since MLO.

it sounds like what you seek is fifa/fut with pes gameplay but 2020 myclub could be a nice surprise (or not).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom