eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most likely since we have had a demo for weeks we have not had the same clamour for footage or people desperate to get vids out.
Did I hear “scheisse ey” at 0:39 min?! :)
I’m the opposite. More like “scheisse ey, is das geil!”! :LOL:

Na really. Played the whole day again for some hours..: it’s crazy! Just can’t take my mind of it.
Played some ELITE Dangerous last night (2 hours). Before bed I had another match.
Yep. I think I got the PES fever!! :D

Statement and question. Two of them.
As far as we know they've got the Official Partners thing for the adboards in press conferences. That The Eleven thing is supposed to be linked to edit mode too.

I think what we have isn't terrible.

Being a long term pes fan in the older days, pre 2008 where it all went wrong, I've not enjoyed a football game this much sine winning eleven 9.

Off Topic
Are you "that" hitmanuk that was working on a program to hack pes2009 to make it possible to create a career mode outside of pes but still using pes2009 for the actual match engine? If yes it's been quite a while. I'm still trying to make my own soccer game, using Godot Engine :D

It would be unfair to Konami if people still say they don't take an effort towards the game. Do you guys know that to get the Brazilian Serie B licensed, they have to speak to each club and all their players individually? Isn't that effort? 50 European teams from launch, isn't that effort? Better database as already shown by the readded D2's and extra teams, isn't that effort? Well, give credit where it's due, otherwise we're just haters.

Off Topic
Are you "that" hitmanuk that was working on a program to hack pes2009 to make it possible to create a career mode outside of pes but still using pes2009 for the actual match engine? If yes it's been quite a while. I'm still trying to make my own soccer game, using Godot Engine :D
not me I'm afraid 2008 was the last pes I played until 2017, I switched to fifa

.I want the game to feel looser, free and spontaneous. 2020 has not released yet for me to say whether these elements are implemented well but I certainly want konami to understand that this is what I'm after and, if they can demonstrate this in 2020, then i'll have no problem preordering 2021 when the time comes.

I want this too. As much as I appreciate Seabass' original input, which is still somewhere under the hood, I'd always prefer a more sandbox-like approach over this sometimes excessive need to "tell a story" in every game. I am old enough to imagine my own stories around what's happening and I find it rather patronizing that the game is often tilting events to what someone in Japan thinks I might find "exciting".

Gladly the scripting in 2020 is way toned down. I am only afraid it'll rear it's ugly head again come full release and a patch. Especially in ML. Let's keep fingers crossed.

I'm having problems adjusting to any of the cameras in the game. Coming from FIFA, I use Tele Broadcast. Can anybody suggest a comparable camera to this?. I tried dynamic wide in PES but really feel like there is something missing. Thanks

Those moments that make you go
"yyeeeeeeeees..NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHY??!!!" :DOH:
ezgif-3-6daf70d40803.gif

I'm having problems adjusting to any of the cameras in the game. Coming from FIFA, I use Tele Broadcast. Can anybody suggest a comparable camera to this?. I tried dynamic wide in PES but really feel like there is something missing. Thanks
Stadium cam is really customisable.
Just turn the angle down to 4 or less, pick your height and zoom and you're done.

I use tele broadcast (and custom) on FIFA,but I've set dynamic long I think quite low,and with and angle so it's pretty much the same (at least on 16-17-18-19

Being a long term pes fan in the older days, pre 2008 where it all went wrong, I've not enjoyed a football game this much sine winning eleven 9.

Same here..This years game reminds me a lot of winning eleven 2008 club championship on the ps2(import)...

It’s what those earlier games did so well and that old adage..Easy to play difficult to master..

Moreover the complexity and alchemy..No one game ever feeling the same.And more importantly.That overriding feeling the game has freed itself from its binery roots.And come gloriously to life.

It’s balanced scripting..Where it works for and against you..

You sigh in disbelieve as the same ball from the same striker goes inexplicable wide.

It’s the element of unpredictability and everything a game of angles and physics should be..Risk/reward..Cause and effect.All wrapped up and governed by the unpredictability of a inflatable sphere of air.

Could be me writing that, pretty much in the same boat regarding the package.

In PES the way it is if you play in an unlicensed league you will have the same ad boards every game you play so it's difficult for me to feel like I'm playing in a different tournament, it's all too samey but if all the competitions had individual ad boards even generic it would definitely add a lot by adding so little.

In 2018 the package was good only if playing the French league, it felt like you were playing Ligue football then cups had my club ad boards so my mind says yeah Konami sponsor this cup then obviously UEFA tournaments had there own thing too, decent overall package but forced to play French league if you want a bit of Authenticity and promotion - relegation.

Fall back on that because there's always something missing, fully licensed league and zero stadiums in 2018, like wut.

PES 19 all the pitches and lighting looked pretty much the same, got dull really quick so spent my time on FIFA 19.

For 2020 I would really hope for distinction between competitions so if feels like a different one to the league, don't think it would be asking too much either, all they need to do is let us edit a few things and voila, done.
After you’ve played 15 or so matches in a PES Master League these days, it’s time to turn off. It’s just way too tedious and repetitive playing at Village Road or whatever it’s called time and time again, with the same ad boards, the exact same commentary lines, the boringly predictable archaic shooting and the awful pre match and post match ‘presentation’.

I played a little more of the demo today and had to turn it off. It dawned on me that PES feels, looks and sounds like an indie game now. It’s quirky and it’s fun in short spells. But it’s missing so much content and depth that it’s actually quite insulting now that Konami are still selling the game at full price.

After you’ve played 15 or so matches in a PES Master League these days, it’s time to turn off. It’s just way too tedious and repetitive playing at Village Road or whatever it’s called time and time again, with the same ad boards, the exact same commentary lines, the boringly predictable archaic shooting and the awful pre match and post match ‘presentation’.

I played a little more of the demo today and had to turn it off. It dawned on me that PES feels like an indie game. It’s quirky and it’s fun in short spells. But it’s missing so much content and depth that it’s actually quite insulting now that Konami are still selling the game at full price.
You know whats the problem, the game suffered so much waves , that asking details that make user's experience better tend to seem "extra-avantgarde" sometimes.Just a simple example among hundreds, i said last year that even the playable-player-position coloring in gameplan screen, is stupid cause all positions are green, opposed to 2018 and before where it was Blue For DF, Green for MF and Red for FW. But when 2019 came out with so many core issues, i found it pointless to insist in such a detail.

You know whats the problem, the game suffered so much waves , that asking details that make user's experience better tend to seem "extra-avantgarde" sometimes.Just a simple example among hundreds, i said last year that even the playable-player-position coloring in gameplan screen, is stupid cause all positions are green, opposed to 2018 and before where it was Blue For DF, Green for MF and Red for FW. But when 2019 came out with so many core issues, i found it pointless to insist in such a detail.
Yeah that annoyed the hell out of me too, why do they always try and fix stuff or take away the stuff that was good and what everyone enjoyed?

It doesn’t make sense.

I played a little more of the demo today and had to turn it off. It dawned on me that PES feels, looks and sounds like an indie game now. It’s quirky and it’s fun in short spells. But it’s missing so much content and depth that it’s actually quite insulting now that Konami are still selling the game at full price.

See, I genuinely don't get this. I played a heap of master league in pes 2019 with my girlfriend.. while the scripting could be frustrating as shit, I couldn't give a damn about the stadium, ad boards or score boards. I fail to see how any of that matters..I might watch the into to a game occasionally but once it has started I couldn't give a damn what stadium I am playing in..as long as the game plays well I wouldn't care if there was only one stadium in the whole game!

Yeah that annoyed the hell out of me too, why do they always try and fix stuff or take away the stuff that was good and what everyone enjoyed?

It doesn’t make sense.
I have not really any clue. Tha'ts why they are KONAMI!! :P :P
For the ad-boards you said, i have always thought a win/win situation. Since they have a limit in licensing stadium aspects, they could at least, for the "generic" Stadiums, come to an agreement with random companies and implement them in edit-mode, ready to pick and use from us, instead of the permanent-annoying, Myclub, Pesleague ad-board. It seems like a grey-zone advertisement, but they can make some easy money and add some immersion depth in the same time!

Still playing PES18 and just lost 3-0 to Brentford. Played off the park.

Yet without exception I thrash Man City, Arsenal, Real Madrid etc by 4 or 5 goals. I beat PSG 9-0 in the CL final. Making the good teams good is surely a simple concept? Let's hope PES20 manages it, it would be the first time in countless years

See, I genuinely don't get this. I played a heap of master league in pes 2019 with my girlfriend.. while the scripting could be frustrating as shit, I couldn't give a damn about the stadium, ad boards or score boards. I fail to see how any of that matters..I might watch the into to a game occasionally but once it has started I couldn't give a damn what stadium I am playing in..as long as the game plays well I wouldn't care if there was only one stadium in the whole game!

So it doesn't bother you in the slightest for example to score a goal away to Birmingham and see your player peel off and celebrate in a huge colloseum? Takes me right out of the moment and hopefully I speak for most of the fanbase

And this is exactly what I posted a few days ago: there’s now a divide in the football gaming fanbase.

I DO need content. I need variety. I can’t play at the same 2 or 3 stadiums every game for 38+ games per season. I get bored. It’s the age we live in maybe? Or is it because I’m so used to playing at every Premier League stadium in the other game now?

I don’t know. What I do know is that Konami are lazy when it comes to giving the single player content, even if it was 10 generic English looking stadia. 10 generic Italian looking stadia etc. They could make far more of an effort with so many things to make it a better package.

But they seem to focus their time and energy on faces, legends and other crap to appease the myClub fanbase.

It’s why I just can’t see myself ever enjoying a PES game again for any period of time until their entire philosophy changes.

This demo really has some beautiful random moments.

Check out Suarez completely f up a dribble:

As I remember it I just moved the right stick and somehow he just couldn't manage:LMAO:

For me this nails how Suarez can go from brilliant to piss poor in a split second.

And another dribble player ID with Messi skipping past one defender and nutmegging another for the assist:

The thing is a lot do mind, you don't so also wouldn't mind things added meaning it can only be a positive move making the whole package better.

In PES 2019 especially all it felt like to me was going out on the same pitch game after game playing exhibition matches, back in the 90's that would've been fine but not today.

And this is exactly what I posted a few days ago: there’s now a divide in the football gaming fanbase.

I DO need content. I need variety. I can’t play at the same 2 or 3 stadiums every game for 38+ games per season. I get bored. It’s the age we live in maybe? Or is it because I’m so used to playing at every Premier League stadium in the other game now?

I don’t know. What I do know is that Konami are lazy when it comes to giving the single player content, even if it was 10 generic English looking stadia. 10 generic Italian looking stadia etc. They could make far more of an effort with so many things to make it a better package.

But they seem to focus their time and energy on faces, legends and other crap to appease the myClub fanbase.

It’s why I just can’t see myself ever enjoying a PES game again for any period of time until their entire philosophy changes.
There’s no right or wrong thing to enjoy the most about football games, but I agree with @Gale Kast. To me, things like stadiums are the icing on the cake. It’s the gameplay that makes me keep coming back for more. Like, I can’t help but laugh a bit when I hear people unhappy with things like adboards. I don’t think I’ve ever once even looked at an adboard :D No joke, I couldn’t tell you a single one that Konami use, or what they look like. I’ve not paid a seconds notice to them. Same as when PES fans were fuming about net physics a few years ago, or when I read people unhappy with foot planting. They’re just things that have zero impact on my enjoyment so I simply don’t notice them, but doesn’t mean they aren’t important.

For me, it’s the poor sound design that really makes me sad. You score a cracking goal and the crowd cheer for two seconds. In real life Barca get thousands singing ‘allez allez allez’ at a time but on PES it sounds like 5 people in a corner. Or what’s with no fans cheering in 2020 when away teams score?? I find this kind of stuff so disappointing. The first thing I do on PES games is turn the crowd up to 20, and everything else down to 13 or less. But if someone else couldn’t care less about the sound design, that’s fair enough.

No ones right or wrong. It just depends what’s important to you.

There’s no right or wrong thing to enjoy the most about football games, but I agree with @Gale Kast. To me, things like stadiums are the icing on the cake. It’s the gameplay that makes me keep coming back for more. Like, I can’t help but laugh a bit when I hear people unhappy with things like adboards. I don’t think I’ve ever once even looked at an adboard :D No joke, I couldn’t tell you a single one that Konami use, or what they look like. I’ve not paid a seconds notice to them. Same as when PES fans were fuming about net physics a few years ago, or when I read people unhappy with foot planting. They’re just things that have zero impact on my enjoyment so I simply don’t notice them, but doesn’t mean they aren’t important.

For me, it’s the poor sound design that really makes me sad. You score a cracking goal and the crowd cheer for two seconds. In real life Barca get thousands singing ‘allez allez allez’ at a time but on PES it sounds like 5 people in a corner. Or what’s with no fans cheering in 2020 when away teams score?? I find this kind of stuff so disappointing. The first thing I do on PES games is turn the crowd up to 20, and everything else down to 13 or less. But if someone else couldn’t care less about the sound design, that’s fair enough.

No ones right or wrong. It just depends what’s important to you.
I try to not look either, but these shiny-golden ball-glittering adboards that advertise gold and black balls from MyClub are from annoying to distracting. Even if you try to not look, they invade to your vision.

I try to not look either, but these shiny-golden ball-glittering adboards that advertise gold and black balls from MyClub are from annoying to distracting. Even if you try to not look, they invade to your vision.

I'm amazed people can't notice them, my eyes always get drawn to the animations but maybe its my FPS background where anything moves on screen I look and shoot or maybe people use very zoomed in cameras.

I have even installed PES 16 in the past to get away from them since they are solid and dark there and FYI ad boards have never bothered me in any game until the electronic ones started being used here, don't even notice them in FIFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom