eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I meant is this here. Watch from 0:58 (sorry, didn't find an outtake of only this first goal):

Watch how much space Leipzig has in attack and watch how much time he has to place the shot. Granted, this is Union Berlin not Bayern and it was their first Bundesliga match and it's clear to see that they are still knee-deep in second league mentality. But the way this would have played out in PES is either the cross pass would have been intercepted, or the defender would have read the inside turn and made the shot impossible, or the goal keeper would have saved it.

You'd have to dial difficulty down to at least "Professional" to get this kind of space and time, but as @MadmaxG79 pointed out, defending against the AI then gets way too easy.

Currently trying to outbalance this with PA0/advanced shooting which seems a good match. Still have to score, but was able to hold a few goalless draws at least.

That´s why I can´t play anything else than professional.

On professional I´m gifted with situations like this.
Compensating it with full manual.

But still....defending is a bit too easy for my taste.

Actually it seems like that the difficulty seems to be a bit easier compared to last year.

Some good news regarding master league is that the database has some apparent improvements. PES Master added some of the database of the demo and it has players loaned out correctly, as well as transfer values, wages and contracts that seem to be taken from Transfermarkt.

This is really really important, especially the loan status, so my players will finally come back from loan the next season instead of it being a permanent.

This is really really important, especially the loan status, so my players will finally come back from loan the next season instead of it being a permanent.
Release Clauses Have to Be Fixed and there needs to be those ridiculously high release Clauses like in real life for players in the top La Liga teams. For example I believe that Dembeles release class is 400 million euros and that Real Madrid have four players with release Clauses over 200 million Euros

Damn FUMA!!! :P

SmartSelect_20190823-145351_Video-Player.gif
That looks fucking amazing, pal..
I had to watch it few times, wondering is it Pes or real match. Thought you posted some clip from real game and laugh that the guy kicked it like you on FUMA (same way I was laughing that Lukaku always plays with manual shots)

Fantastic. What camera settings do you use?

Edit: is there an add-on for moving Live-Camera yet (also playing on PC)

This is not live footage from the game.
This is from the highlights after the game.
You have to watch the whole highlights twice or more, to get a nicer angle of the replay (which is stupid... why can't we have the free replay cam back???).

But I use the modded fanview cam that came with sider 6.
Hoping for a mod for the stadium cam.

I didn't do that pass with L1 + triangle, but with circle (like when you cross).
That's why the trajectory is so nice.

I like moments like this, even the finish is not successful, but I do enjoy it a lot.

This is not live footage from the game.
This is from the highlights after the game.
You have to watch the whole highlights twice or more, to get a nicer angle of the replay (which is stupid... why can't we have the free replay cam back???).

But I use the modded fanview cam that came with sider 6.
Hoping for a mod for the stadium cam.

I didn't do that pass with L1 + triangle, but with circle (like when you cross).
That's why the trajectory is so nice.

I like moments like this, even the finish is not successful, but I do enjoy it a lot.

(Sorry, OT): Just downloaded sider 6. NO MORE REPLAYS!!! No more fucking replays!! :ROCK:Amazing. @juce should get hired by Konami.

@rockstrongo and @Emroth

It's easier to record off screen and save it as gif.
It has that touch that sometimes you can't tell whether it's gameplay or live footage.
And yes, just that pass was a joy.

I'm not tired of this game yet... Lol.
Yeah, never thought about that.
And you are 100% right - different cams on highlights are a pain in the hole. When I used to record highlights, sometimes one goal would have nicer cam on one set, but another would look worse. It was very hard to find a perfect one.

Yeah, never thought about that.
And you are 100% right - different cams on highlights are a pain in the hole. When I used to record highlights, sometimes one goal would have nicer cam on one set, but another would look worse. It was very hard to find a perfect one.

Absolutely.
The best view is at the moment when it happens.
I remember, PES 2010 had the free replay cam. I was watching my replays for hours and even created a compilation video.
Because you could choose everything, distance, height, angle, you just could set the perfect view.
But with PES 2011 (or 2012) it was gone and it's locked in it's height.

That's why I always hope that the highlights provide a proper angle of specific situations at the end of the match.

So what to say, well been reading here about a year seeing the progress if PES and finally signed up to say thanks for all the awesome info provided from everyone that's contributed regarding esports (hate that lol) PES 2020.

probably go unnoticed this but if you see it and you've been posting massive thanks for helping me make my mind up on my football game this year.

That´s why I can´t play anything else than professional.

On professional I´m gifted with situations like this.
Compensating it with full manual.

But still....defending is a bit too easy for my taste.

Actually it seems like that the difficulty seems to be a bit easier compared to last year.

Yeah I'm on top player and AI feels flimsy and slow...don't know if I like it or not atm. Definitely big improvement on 19 tho

What's the feeling like after 100 games?

Honestly i don't think licenses and EA blocking them from recreating stadiums is what made them remove stadium editor. Adam never said that, he always said they (Konami) think stadium creator is not a priority.
Adam had said that actually. He talked about it while PES 2014 was around the corner. He specifically mentioned licenses and copyrights.
Some good news regarding master league is that the database has some apparent improvements. PES Master added some of the database of the demo and it has players loaned out correctly, as well as transfer values, wages and contracts that seem to be taken from Transfermarkt.

Woah! Is this happening?? :OH:

Reactions: OBH

Put this in the pc section by mistake. This is 2 games full manual with adv through ball. 2 games first lost 1 nil by awful defending 2nd game 1 1.. The goal from me is 10 mins into second game and it was a nice finish. There's some good moments across both vids with some manual shots from close and distance. Also I tried to show how to dribble past players successfully. Worth a watch

Damn fine header it is though
I am TERRIBLE at crosses and headers. I literally never, ever score them.

Me too, that clip notwithstanding. Don’t think for a second that this was planned. Was more like a desperate effort (3 min to go). It just happened somehow. Goes back to what I said earlier, that you often can’t really take credit for how things unfold. Made me jump from the couch nonetheless for the first time in a long time.

Last night a new thing that made me jump on the armchair: the AI at one point put the "custom" tactic, the third, the one that the past few years never put.

Has it happened to you too?

@klashman69

Adam had said that actually. He talked about it while PES 2014 was around the corner. He specifically mentioned licenses and copyrights.

Woah! Is this happening?? :OH:

Am i the only one remembering he said that stadium editor was not a priority when asked about it? I clearly remember that. Don't think i ever heard him say that it's because of licenses they had to remove it. Someone should ask him again.

Me too, that clip notwithstanding. Don’t think for a second that this was planned. Was more like a desperate effort (3 min to go). It just happened somehow. Goes back to what I said earlier, that you often can’t really take credit for how things unfold. Made me jump from the couch nonetheless for the first time in a long time.

I can't remember what PA you play but I will park that a second and come to "it just happened somehow"....Coming back to the PA0 vs PA1 discussion...

For someone seeking fully manual controls something like that detracts from the game - i.e. you pressed the button and "it happened somehow" - because what the full manual player wants as-full-as-possible control over what is happening to the player they control (and teammate controls)?

PA1 potentially risks feeling more like button pushing for x minutes to watch ( possibly scripted ) y.

Some people enjoy playing more MyClub SIM and others more MyClub online matches. So there's no overall-correct opinion to PA x is better than PA y because its just subjective preference.

Perhaps the hybrid PA1 with L2 modifier is the definitive way PES is meant to be played? [I don't know the answer to this because I have not played enough of it but that's what I'll be looking into]

Well, if I was playing full manual since PES 2017 and all of the goals I scored, been like "somehow it happened" and I had no control over it, I would have stopped playing PES.

The great thing about full manual is, when you successfully perform the actions you really wanted to.
But that takes time and a lot of practice.

EDIT:
of course you have that rewarding feeling on assisted too.
But it there's a bit more of it on fuma imo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom