eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta love the physicality in Pes20. Take a look at lukaku here
https://imgur.com/gallery/iL79hgZ

Ps. Can someone help how to posts gifs/videos here. Tried uploading directly from my phone but i get an error.

Yeah I love this - it's the most impactful feature of the game. You don't even have to actually tackle to win the ball back with bigger players, Sule is like a blackhole that absorbs all matter then emerges with the ball. I also like how players with high balance but low strength (Thiago) will bounce off defenders but still be able to retain the ball.

I caved and installed demo again as had time to kill this morning.

This game is weird. I hate it on dynamic Cam (the default cam in PES 2017 etc).

But when I use the new Stadium Cam, the game feels fresh and I see new things every time I play.

What’s that about? The only downside to Stadium Cam is that I can’t score or defend!

But when I use the new Stadium Cam, the game feels fresh and I see new things every time I play.

What’s that about? The only downside to Stadium Cam is that I can’t score or defend!

This game is weird and you might need to find your personal setting.
To some people, it happens right within the first game and some people need longer.

I found it something fresh at the beginning, but it took some time for me to get that PES feeling.
Tbh, that hardly worked with the 5 min matches of the PS4 demo.
More with the 15 min halves on PC.
And I had to fiddle around with the cam to find the right setting.

And when I did, I need more time to get used to it.
Thx god, I´m a person that´s gifted wiith patience...otherwise I probably had given up on this game already.

What’s that about? The only downside to Stadium Cam is that I can’t score or defend
Stick with it, pal.
Drop difficulty if you have to, slow down and find which way to aim in both defence and offense.
Im on manual shots, and the aiming was an absolute pain in the hole. If it wasnt enough - seems to me like aiming at right goal is slightly different than aiming at left goal. Im only beginning to get my head around it (hence im posting a lot of goals here). But this cam is so damn rewarding and nice to play on.
Tweak it if you have to, but dont go back to normal one. It takes away so much.. the view of the pitch and player movements add so much to the game.

Last edited:
In all honesty mate I didn't play a lot of myclub this year so don't know much about team of the week players.

In PES 18 though think I got Usain Bolt, Maradonna maybe loan Beckham and couple of agent spins, it wasn't much and by the end of month 1 had a few stars but mostly gold and silvers, it was at a decent pace acquiring players and as for bottom question you see goals and appearances by pressing R2 in squad list and cycling to whatever stat you want to see.

LOL. Usain Bolt. I forgot about that!!! Such a joke.

I'm glad this year they've been a bit more professional and avoided gimmicks like that

So, sorry if I've misunderstood you, but the stadium the play in, and the history of your opposing club should actually change the gameplay on the pitch? So, if you're playing as a D2 team for example, and you have a crappy pitch at your home stadium, then not only do you have to deal with 65 rated players, but you play ever worse because of the horrible state of the pitch?

Many a games IRL where the crappier team let the home-pitch untended on purpose so that the technically strong players of the (better) visiting team would run into difficulties. Visiting team eventually has to change strategy because the pitch is in a state that doesn't allow tiki-taka.

That's precisely what I meant, environment and gameplay overlapping. I am not expecting this level of granularity any time soon, though. They could start with something easier like for example introducing a coin toss before kick-off.

LOL. Usain Bolt. I forgot about that!!! Such a joke.

I'm glad this year they've been a bit more professional and avoided gimmicks like that
Last year they had a 43 year old David Beckham and this time they have a 39 year old Ronaldinho... Still gimmicky... What next, 47 year old Zidane?

Clearly they prefer to spend their time, money and effort chasing deals for extra "legends" in shitty grind/P2W modes like MyClub than to improve the SFX, atmosphere, stadium variety etc.

Modes like MyClub and FUT are killing offline and fair online modes either directly (allowing MyClub teams in online co-op) or indirectly (lack of development in the proper modes). Fuck them entirely, I wish discussion of them would be banned to be honest. Cancer on football gaming.

Just started playing the demo on manual shooting and passing and it feels like a whole different game to me. I enjoyed it before but I'm enjoying it a lot more now.

h this is the first header I've scored on the demo and I did it on manual. It may not be the best but I'm proud of it considering I've only just started playing manual

Last edited:

I took to the camera right away and yes you will have some difficulty at first, but now several weeks in I can't imagine playing on anything but the standard stadium cam now.

Konami said this is the optimum camera for the game engine now and if you want to enjoy the action at it's best this is the one to use.

I think to be fair though to you, I play FIFA on their broadcast camera and you do need to do some mental calcs on your angles and stuff. After years of using their broadcast camera I settled right into this one on PES 20 and it's actually far superior than the one on FIFA 19 I would say, just MHO of course.

Stick with it as the game is really revealing on this camera once you get your angles sorted in your head you'll be firing shots in and clearing off the line and getting right into it very soon.

Last year they had a 43 year old David Beckham and this time they have a 39 year old Ronaldinho... Still gimmicky... What next, 47 year old Zidane?

Clearly they prefer to spend their time, money and effort chasing deals for extra "legends" in shitty grind/P2W modes like MyClub than to improve the SFX, atmosphere, stadium variety etc.

Modes like MyClub and FUT are killing offline and fair online modes either directly (allowing MyClub teams in online co-op) or indirectly (lack of development in the proper modes). Fuck them entirely, I wish discussion of them would be banned to be honest. Cancer on football gaming.

i had a couple of enjoyable online games yesterday and I started feeling some love for the game.

Today not so good because I am searching for a match for the past hour (on X)(balanced networking and same pass level) and I get the ever-familiar "Unable to find opponent".

Its a shame. The choice of offering 5 min offline matches in the demo makes me confident that offline will be as bad as previous years. And if online is an "unable to find opponent" fest for me - I'm out.

Believe it or not, I seriously have better things to do with my time.

They need to drastically improve game modes to get more people to play unfortunately.

The days of having a footy game that people just play friendlies or the odd cup are gone.

The masses want more. I hope konami manages to build a decent size player base for 20 otherwise what does the future really look like for PES?

well. literally sat here for 1h 50mins with no result. can't bear to push it to 2 hours (have done in pes 18). switched off.

maybe if online becomes a desert then they'll finally focus on offline. might take 2020 for them to realise.

Silly comparison.
They are current versions of football legends and a the other is a non-footballer.

Silly comparison.
They are current versions of football legends and a the other is a non-footballer.
All about as likely to feature in a professional football match in 2019. It's all just gimmicky nonsense that somehow must get some people to pre-order... "Order the super-mega-deluxe edition now and receive ancient Ronaldinho in MyClub!"... :SICK:

First time I've scored a header like this! Manual cross (using chip through ball) and shooting

Lovely goal, but the keeper animation yet again... Why do they have to fucking jump for every ball? It would have been so much nicer if the goalie had just helplessly watched the ball drop into the far corner, well aware that his positioning just before the header was shambolic.

Lovely goal, but the keeper animation yet again... Why do they have to fucking jump for every ball? It would have been so much nicer if the goalie had just helplessly watched the ball drop into the far corner, well aware that his positioning just before the header was shambolic.
The goalkeeper animations when jumping, are really on a PS2 level.

For me this game gets better by the day as you learn the controls, feels like everything is possible with all the little touches
When you say ‘learn the controls’, what do you mean?

I’m not being facetious here, I’m genuinely trying to get into this game. There’s something I’m not grasping with it I’m sure, I’m really bad at it too which is a good sign because with the other game I win most matches without having to think about it.

When you say ‘learn the controls’, what do you mean?

I’m not being facetious here, I’m genuinely trying to get into this game. There’s something I’m not grasping with it I’m sure, I’m really bad at it too which is a good sign because with the other game I win most matches without having to think about it.

Once all the bad habits you’ve acquired over the years vanish..and everything starts to click.There really isn’t anything like it..

It’s something you have to discover yourself but once you do..

The default camera is how it should be played ..

Just play football and if your a real creative type that sees the spaces.Pa0 will give you hours of endless fun.Especially if your someone that loves to place crosses and knock high/lofted balls into space..The possibilities can feel endless...Shooting even on basic has variety..

I’m having plenty of 1vs1 and those moments where the opposition is opened up and turned..

For me the reality that not everybody is seeing this games quality is it’s depth..There’s just so much you don’t get or see in the first 100 games you play.

Im now at the point where I’m so tuned into the games rhythmic nature..Even a 5 minute demo can feel like a 20 minute match..(it’s weird how you adjust to such a quick match and how much you can do in a limited time frame.When your minimising your error and maximising your creativity).

Mistakes will be punished,as will gaps..Goals..They have to be earned and rarely come easy..

This game doesn’t flatter to deceive..It’s Novocain for the footballing purist and gamer.

Last edited:
I'm talking mainly about right stick dribble, close control and sprint.. Putting them together to beat players and go past. Then the advanced through ball to open up defenses. My last broadcast on YouTube I tried to show some of this off

Agreed, I was worried he would do some superman dive and actually save it when he took off.

Looks even more ridiculous from this angle

EC6uwD_WwAE0D57

I played with Colo-Colo for the very first time and it was really fun. I won against Juve (online match) and although you can see my possession and pass accuracy are high, it was very challenging (PA1). I could see how the quality of the passes was poorer than with other teams. Passes were sloppy even when they kind of hit their mark in terms of accuracy. I love that about modern PES.

Also, I posted yesterday about a guy missing a chip shot, something I had not seen yet in this demo, and now it happened to me with Colo-Colo. So, that's very nice ^^.

@Mikhail

waited another 10mins on x for a game - no dice
switched to ps4 - matched up staright away.

so whilst i agree x is sharper gfx-wise, matcmaking wise, ps4 wins it for me.
Hopefully within the next few years there will be full cross-platform multiplayer. I only play Rocket League which does this but it seems like more games are implementing it. Would be ideal for football games you would have thought... I think PES6 is the only football game that's ever done it (between PC and PS2).

On PC I can find PA0 games within 10 mins usually, but it's with people I've played before most of the time. I think that after the full release, especially weeks/months down the line, it will be almost impossible to find manual games in matchmaking. The demo and first week of release is probably the most popular time for the player count.

@Mikhail

waited another 10mins on x for a game - no dice
switched to ps4 - matched up staright away.

so whilst i agree x is sharper gfx-wise, matcmaking wise, ps4 wins it for me.

It’s the option file also.And the DualShock..

As much as I like the elite and the response..The layout of the DualShock is on point..

Fully edited premiere league is also a big draw..The full game is bland without edited kits and teams with badges and logos..This years pes really warrants it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom