eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a hard time getting real power behind my shots with advanced this year, sure I use mostly Flamengo or Boca but they have some good players. It's just a bit, well, floaty.

Anyway, keep going back and forth online between PA0 and PA1. And neither REALLY pleases me. PA1 is good this year but since you still get paired with PA2-3 it's such a random experience. PA0 is great but I can't get past left footed players making perfect passes with their right foot etc.

And the shooting, Basic seems ok and maybe (WHO KNOWS?!) the most contextual, advanced feels a bit floaty (I might be doing something wrong...) but I feel more in control while manual really is OP and again, players blasting incredible shots with their wrong foot etc. GAAH!!

So which of you guys are getting this game on release day?
Hope to read your take on it (CPU attack/defense/scripting/stats.
I'm still on the fence,not meaning I won't get it quite quickly unless a few of you guys I've consulted in the past says it's shit.
More a question of finishing up other titles first

I have it pre ordered. Have enjoyed the demo too much to not get it. I'm prepared to take a chance on the ai side of things as I will probably just be playing co op ml with the missus so it will just be fun.. We enjoyed 3 or 4 seasons in 2019 despite the ai issues there.

As long as they don't mess about with the game between now and release and it's pretty much the same I will be very happy playing online divisions and myclub. Hoping all the spammers and pro gamers end up just playing and lagging that efootball game mode they announced! As long as I can get a 2 star game in myclub I am happy!

Guys, did you have this before??
I havent seen anything like it since the glory days. The actual in-game injury, while the game is on, with a bloke collapsed on the ground... shiiiiiiit...
That was really cool but it's strange they'd incorporate a mechanic like this and not program the AI or the referee to react accordingly either lol.

Two weeks to go. After 10 more games last night I am definitely getting this on day 1. I'm going against instinct given how Konami royally fck up the retail version after a promising demo, there just seems to be more variety than ever in recent modern era PES's.

Cant be bothered with five minute games anymore.

This is possibly the retail game as they have to prepare register the game on the stores and start shipping the physical copies in time accross the world. So just dont download the first update and you get the demo most certainly.

Guys, did you have this before??
I havent seen anything like it since the glory days. The actual in-game injury, while the game is on, with a bloke collapsed on the ground... shiiiiiiit...

Edit: due to 5mins matches I obviously ignored his initial whinging. But I didnt see that coming..

I was expecting the cpu kicking out the ball or giving it back to you :D :D high hopes i guess.

That was really cool but it's strange they'd incorporate a mechanic like this and not program the AI or the referee to react accordingly either lol.
Thats the thing. Took me a bit to figure out is the guy actually injured or did he just fell. I was looking at him, looking at the ref, looking at AI.. no one gave a fuck.. :LOL:
Nonetheless - its really cool to see things like this. It adds a lot to immersion.
I know there were injuries on 19, but I've never seen player on the ground during the match. They were all just cutscenes.

8 online games yesterday, 8 wins

oh cant wait for scripted official release and last min goals and players becoming slow for no reason so that cant win more than 2 in a row

Thats the thing. Took me a bit to figure out is the guy actually injured or did he just fell. I was looking at him, looking at the ref, looking at AI.. no one gave a fuck.. :LOL:
Nonetheless - its really cool to see things like this. It adds a lot to immersion.
I know there were injuries on 19, but I've never seen player on the ground during the match. They were all just cutscenes.
Yeah don't get me wrong, I love seeing more dynamic injuries rather than the whole "you've been injured" lottery cutscene.

I had one where my player was running after a ball and just suddenly pulled up limping like his hamstring went, Was incredible (not so much for the player lol) But i've only seen that once so it tells me the frequency should be reasonable. Because that would sour the player pretty quickly if the gimmick was triggered every couple of games in ML.

Pre-ordered a boxed physical copy(PS4)..

To good a demo to resist..Im still hopeful they’ve made enhancements for the better..Without changing what makes the demo so playable.

Not convinced ML has had much of a change but the demo gameplay for me is enough to warrant a purchase.

Worse case if updates and patches change the core of what is so good in the demo..Atleast with physical I will be able to delete and revert back to the out of the box gameplay.

It’s something I’ve done with the other game for a number of years..For me updates and patches have done nothing but regress both games for the last 4 years.

Price factors in also..Its a third cheaper for a physical copy then it is digital..

Last edited:
May I ask - why do you pre order in this day and age? It’s not going to sell out.

I’ll probably pick it up from Tesco on day one when I’m shopping for groceries. The other game looks awful. But why pre order, never understood it?

May I ask - why do you pre order in this day and age? It’s not going to sell out.

I’ll probably pick it up from Tesco on day one when I’m shopping for groceries. The other game looks awful. But why pre order, never understood it?

To have the game in time for day one and save some money? There have been quite good offers on Pes preorders. I bought it at 40€ (Ps4 version) on ebay.

To have the game in time for day one and save some money? There have been quite good offers on Pes preorders. I bought it at 40€ (Ps4 version) on ebay.
I haven’t seen any good offers for pre ordering the game now.

And like I say, I’ll still be able to get it Day One. Video Games simply don’t sell out anymore.

Last game that sold out was when I was a kid. Mario Bros 3. I badly wanted it that Xmas and my parents couldn’t find a copy for love nor money :(

I'm having a hard time getting real power behind my shots with advanced this year, sure I use mostly Flamengo or Boca but they have some good players. It's just a bit, well, floaty.
Can't say I’m finding any issues with power on advanced personally :D

ezgif-3-0a63d67ec30f.gif

ezgif-3-8eb36b8ae4a9.gif

ezgif-3-c768a60e8e02.gif
You know how on manual you have to aim slightly towards the center of the goal to keep it on target? Have you tried not aiming right for the top corner? If you aim slightly lower it should feel 10x less floaty.

The only time I aim exactly for the top corner is when I'm hitting it a little weaker and trying to dip it over the gk, in situations like this:
ezgif-3-72ca561e80d0.gif

Early release from online retailers..I’ve had pes a week before release purchased online..

Price also..Shop retailers will be charging 15 quid more for this.

I haven’t seen any good offers for pre ordering the game now.

And like I say, I’ll still be able to get it Day One. Video Games simply don’t sell out anymore.

Last game that sold out was when I was a kid. Mario Bros 3. I badly wanted it that Xmas and my parents couldn’t find a copy for love nor money :(

Shopto..34 beans with free shipping.

I’ll probably pick it up from Tesco on day one when I’m shopping for groceries
What if you dont have to get groceries on day 1?? What then?? You need to come up with an excuse.
- honey, need to get milk
- we have milk
- i meant bread
- we have bread
- leave me alone! What is your problem!?
:LOL:
Yeah, when you think about it, pre ordering is a bit silly. Especially Pes. Last year it wasnt even on the shelf. They gave it to me from under the till. Like they were ashamed of it.. :LOL:

I like the point about Boxed version and the fact that you can go back to pre-patch version. Unfortunately that would mean keeping Pes offline plus no possibility to play friendlies online with people here, which im looking forward to.
I'll probably just download it digital once I get a green light from people here.

Edit: altho this early release intrigued me now... where can you get these?

What if you dont have to get groceries on day 1?? What then?? You need to come up with an excuse.
- we have milk
- i meant bread
- we have bread
Yeah, when you think about it, pre ordering is a bit silly. Especially Pes. Last year it wasnt even on the shelf. They gave it to me from under the till. Like they were ashamed of it.. :LOL:

I like the point about Boxed version and the fact that you can go back to pre-patch version. Unfortunately that would mean keeping Pes offline plus no possibility to play friendlies online with people here, which im looking forward to.
I'll probably just download it digital once I get a green light from people here.

Edit: altho this early release intrigued me now... where can you get these?
Hahaha

- we have milk
- i meant bread
- we have bread
:LOL: This is so relatable.
I'd come back with the worst shop ever; a single carrot, a salmon, and a tin of dog food.
I don't even have a dog :LOL:

Mikhail..those were the days(mario bros 3 and carts).

You don’t live in the southeast by any chance?..You just sound like someone I used to play a lot of ISS(and it’s Japanese’s counterpart)with back in the day.

You pre order because you may get the game early, however on the flipside the unreliability of some ecommerce stores is that you may not get it on release date at all...

Back in the day I used to love going into GAME where they had PES a few days early behind the counter, and nothing beat picking up a copy of PES 5 three days before official release.

Also remember paying £3.00 for a PES 3 demo in GAME :WORSHIP:

Part of the hype each year and why we keep coming back is the emotional attachment and memories of release days in the past and how good them games turned out.

Them days are not coming back as is that feeling, but hoping we have a good decent game that will last the year and not be realised to have "broken" issues after playing 200 games...

You know id prefer to buy the physical disc version (ps4), instead of the more expensive digital version from the ps store, however.... last year... in Australia... after pre-ordering PES2019 from one of the main local shops (EB games), I was so disappointed after being told on the day before release, that it wasn't going to be released until a week later. All the online shops where the same.. so there was no way of getting the physical copy on or days before the release. What bugged me even more.. was although Fifa wasn't out until about a month later.. thats all I was seeing advertised in store ..just fifa19 and pre-order crap associated. Had to buy it on the ps store as I had no choice if I wanted to play on the universal release date.

I remember with pes2018 or 17, I bought the game from and ebay buyer, from Melbourne I think, and he actually confirmed a week before release that he had copies ready to ship, and would ship 2 days before release.. and on that year I got it the day before release..

Today, when I see the local stores, including online, all I see is fifa20 advertisement. I have search specifically for pes 2020 on the online stores..and get this.. although most say its out 10th (ready to ship on that date, meaning id get it 2 days later), the mightyape site (which is usually very accurate re aust release dates) says pes 2020 is out 13th sept. What a load of #@$@!#!!!

Looks like ill be forced to be getting it from ps store... once again!!! So that's the only reason I don't pre-order.. cos who know when the @#@!# ill be getting it. Any of you Aussies know of some reliable online gaming sites who are reliable with games and release dates???? Looks like either ebay or ps store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom