eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I've ever seen so much variety in shooting, in animations and in the possible outcomes, in previous PES as in this one. I really like it. Saw some very odd deflections which I loved.
So yeah, it was totally worth it. I can see this game going forward now. This is the starting point. From this we can grow.
I see far more variety in the shooting of PES5/WE9LE than in this year's demo.

The deflections can be pretty nice at times, but in general the shooting mechanics and physics are primitive. Less complex/varied than a PS2 game...

The deflections can be pretty nice at times, but in general the shooting mechanics and physics are primitive. Less complex/varied than a PS2 game...

If you're talking about the user input that generates the shot itself, then yes. I agree. It's still primitive.
But I'm talking about the possible outcomes AFTER the user has pressed the buttons.
I've seen tons of different type of shots, curls, etc!

If you're talking about the user input that generates the shot itself, then yes. I agree. It's still primitive.
But I'm talking about the possible outcomes AFTER the user has pressed the buttons.
I've seen tons of different type of shots, curls, etc!
Nope, I'm talking about the shot trajectories themselves. If you have videos of such varied kinds of shots then I'm intrigued to see such things because it's not my experience of the game at all.

I've only seen very slight curve on laces shots, predictable curl on R2 shots, and the occasional dipping volley. I don't count rising/dipping shots as a result of the player traits, as this is simply a scripted event (when it shouldn't be).

Maybe I should record a video in WE9LE to demonstrate... I really don't understand how anyone could think 2020 is more varied.

Pretty stunned by how much european teams they have now. Its such a big change compared to last year and all the years before. Expected nothing because of even what european teams were added with the EURO 2016 license (Really not much couldnt play lots of qualifying matches) But they nailed this one in terms of getting the teams! Huge upgrade

I made this comparison because I really wanted to know how big the change was in perspective and it was crazier then I thought.

Yeah they definitely deserve a lot of credit for making this happen.
Only one team with fake players in Europe is a massive improvement.

As long as gameplay is fun and most of all fair (read: FuMA and Professional are probably our only choice), I'll be quite happy. Lovely to see Serie A in, apparently Serie B will be added later via DLC from what I've heard? And 55 European NTs, holy shit! I love national teams. It's a damn shame the one I'd love to pick (Hungary) is unlicensed, but otherwise it looks awesome. I loved playing league mode in PES 6 with 20 best NTs and me as Poland or Japan, would totally be down to see what it's like ten years later :D

Inclusion of Palermo is actually great, you could use them in Serie B in ML and try to come back, that's actually a neat idea!

Looking through KONAMI's stadiums in this edition, are there any new ones? I don't remember Village Road whatsoever, is it some sort of smol, backwater arena for lower league teams? Last game I played was PES 18 (and not a lot) so no clue really. I'm fine with fake KONAMI stadiums tbh, the more generic they are, the more teams they can be applied to so I'm happy.

I kinda stopped playing the demo as well, I need this Master League, I need those big games and shiny cups, and I want it all right here, right now! To be honest, only about three weeks left now sooo... ;)

Nope, I'm talking about the shot trajectories themselves. If you have videos of such varied kinds of shots then I'm intrigued to see such things because it's not my experience of the game at all.

I've only seen very slight curve on laces shots, predictable curl on R2 shots, and the occasional dipping volley. I don't count rising/dipping shots as a result of the player traits, as this is simply a scripted event (when it shouldn't be).

Maybe I should record a video in WE9LE to demonstrate... I really don't understand how anyone could think 2020 is more varied.

I haven't recorded any yet. In fact, haven't played the demo for over a week or so because I'm trying to hold back until the full game comes out. I don't want to overplay it.

But I'll be happy to record some when it's out and tag you mate.

Rome wasnt built in a day, Konami are finally back on track after putting out bang average game after game after game. Chances are this series now is going to keep on improving year after year and we are going to end up with an incredible game in the coming years. It really does feel like this is the very start of something special.

I haven't recorded any yet. In fact, haven't played the demo for over a week or so because I'm trying to hold back until the full game comes out. I don't want to overplay it.

But I'll be happy to record some when it's out and tag you mate.
Just as a quick example from searching on Youtube;

The overhead kick in the first goal bouncing half way, the bending/floating trajectory on the second goal, and a weaker/imperfect strike in the last one finding the top corner... Also the motionless GK on one of the goals is something I haven't seen in 2020.

The combination of swerve and dip on this volley...

Just going into free training mode, setting up various first time shots/volleys and using the "play again" feature (Select button) to hit with different timing or run ups produces so many different kinds of shots in those PS2 games. I see nowhere near the variety in 2020, not even close.

Last edited:
Can anyone explain to me how stadium editor is a risk in terms of copyrights?
I must admit - havent spent much time in there and dont even remember how it looked.
But my question is - what stadium editor has to do with licensed stadiums and how is it different from editing kits?
You have tools and you create your own content. You can build something that resembles real stadium or something completely new. Same as kits. Same as banners. Same as player editor.
How is it different?

Fairly simple answer. If you can reproduce a licensed stadium with the stadium editor, you have breached the exclusivity of EA.
Can you make an exact replica of a licensed stadium with the editor? I doubt it, but that doesn't really matter legally.

In copy rights or licenses the big fishers always win. An example in the music industry: Bittersweet Symphony from the Verve.

What makes me stop playing Pes sometimes is the shooting,but at the same time,you have to weigh in the whole package,which i,right now feel gives Pes an upper hand.
It's more frustrating seeing a CPU ping the ball at hyper speed with no real body positioning than seeing some less good shooting,that's how I feel.
And obviously,konami needs to be better at it,but I see a step up from previous years

In many ways PES has come a long way this year in terms of gameplay, and usually when solving one problem usually creates another. Shot variety may be unacceptable to many in comparison to the golden era, but it comes to a point you either accept where we are at now and enjoy it for its good or don't, because both eras are different and perceptions change when you get older. I think we will never be as satisfied as we were back in the PES 6 days. I'll be buying it anyway, first time in years for day 1

Just as a quick example from quickly searching on Youtube;

The overhead kick in the first goal bouncing half way, the bending/floating trajectory on the second goal, and a weaker/imperfect strike in the last one finding the top corner... Also the motionless GK on one of the goals is something I haven't seen in 2020.

The combination of swerve and dip on this volley...

Just going into free training mode, setting up various first time shots/volleys and using the "play again" feature (Select button) to hit with different timing or run ups produces so many different kinds of shots in those PS2 games. I see nowhere near the variety in 2020, not even close.

Having played Pes 5 recently, yes, this is what i was talking about. Pes 2020 only added the bouncy low shots and some more dipping shots, but most ot the time bending and curl to the ball is only added thanks to R2, otherwise the normal shots are quite linear.

Pes 5 shots outcome was much more random. And you see the goals in that video, but there also were plenty of shots that went completely wrong if the player was not in the right position to shoot.

Fairly simple answer. If you can reproduce a licensed stadium with the stadium editor, you have breached the exclusivity of EA.
Can you make an exact replica of a licensed stadium with the editor? I doubt it, but that doesn't really matter legally.

In copy rights or licenses the big fishers always win. An example in the music industry: Bittersweet Symphony from the Verve.
Sorry guys, but im confused here. You can replicate licensed kits, but you cant replicate stadium?
Im not trying to kick up here, just trying to understand.
Editor has blocks, pieces.
Its like Lego, or... I dont know... a piano. You can build or create anything on it. Its an editor... Do you not think that sharing it online, if it resembles real stadiums, should be a breach, rather than having an editor and creating stadiums for your own save slots?

Should Konami not be like Barry from music shop and say - "I dont know, I just sold him a piano. He created Beethoven and started sharing it online. Talk to him."

Sorry guys, but im confused here. You can replicate licensed kits, but you cant replicate stadium?
Im not trying to kick up here, just trying to understand.
Editor has blocks, pieces.
Its like Lego, or... I dont know... a piano. You can build or create anything on it. Its an editor... Do you not think that sharing it online, if it resembles real stadiums, should be a breach, rather than having an editor and creating stadiums for your own save slots?
No one here is going to have the definitive answer. I'd try Konami employees.

The accuracy of free kicks is pretty high. I played against ai (superstar) and two free kicks awarded to the ai. Both ended in the back of the net.

Even in online 7/10 I'd score easily. If you get a free kick, It's like taking a penalty. They should definitely nerf a bit.

I realise that. Just wanted to see what people here think.
I recon Konami employees have more important things on their mind than talking to Marty. But thanks for pointing me in that direction.
You wont know if you dont try. Konami employees have been known to answer Qs on twitter, Drop Adam a polite tweet as you have nothing to lose and really want the answer. Official Pes would also be worth a tweet as well.:TU:

I'm usually one to trash Konami. But you can't tell me they were lazy this year.
Lots of changes all around. Big, medium and small changes and tweaks. For all tastes.

I might end up hating the game already by November, but I would like to say this now (hoping that you guys quote me on this if I ever turned back on these words): Konami have shown interest and progressed in areas that hadn't been touched for the past 5 to 7 years. And I think some of you are being unfair this time.

I'm not talking about those who have genuine complaints about gameplay. Because, that's is fine. It's reasonable even. I see your posts and read them and even when I don't agree with certain negative comments, I can totally understand your complaints and frustration.
But if there's one thing we must see and be able to recognize this year is that they worked harder on licenses, they worked harder on presentation (even if it's not 100% innovative or mind blowing), they worked harder on game modes (again, even if still not at the-other-game's level of game modes).

They even changed the "KONAMI" screen at the beginning. It used to be a white screen with red text for many many years. This year it's the opposite.

To me, it's clear that Konami wanted to prove something with PES 2020.

I think the highlighted text is sarcasm? or not?

[ If not, this is PRECISELY the reason why konami don't just WANT to prove something with 2020 - they NEED to. ]

Not sure if people have seen this?

Getting a bit worried by that video. Is it just me or does passing look more precise than the demo? For example that piece of play from min. 1 where he strings together 4-5 first time passes.
Don't want to start a conspiracy here and it might just be on PA2/3 but it makes me a little nerveus:SHOCK:

You wont know if you dont try. Konami employees have been known to answer Qs on twitter, Drop Adam a polite tweet as you have nothing to lose and really want the answer. Official Pes would also be worth a tweet as well.:TU:
They won't give satisfying answers to question of this kind on a random tweet. It's literally not even worth the time to write It lol.

I think the highlighted text is sarcasm? or not?

[ If not, this is PRECISELY the reason why konami don't just WANT to prove something with 2020 - they NEED to. ]

Not sarcasm at all. Simply yet another small detail that works for me to emphasize my theory: They got up of the comfortable sofa they've been laying on for the better part of a decade.

Not sarcasm at all. Simply yet another small detail that works for me to emphasize my theory: They got up of the comfortable sofa they've been laying on for the better part of a decade.

Understood.

But a small detail like that plus the demo improvements in a 6-week demo vs 4 years of what we had?

I cannot wait til release date to see which one wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom