eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just did an interesting experiment which involved me duct-taping L2 to the controller to be always pressed
:LOL: :LOL:
You gotta love this community!
it also seemed that the AI wasn't in fact so crisp in their dribblings anymore and that they were easier to contain and disposses than on fully assisted
Im still holding on to my theory, that AI is different as a result of user playing differently.
You are forced to slow down. You know that you need to be on the ball and that you need to keep your team in shape, as its not gonna be as easy and as automated to create chances. You dont press as much, try not to leave gaps.
As a result AI doesnt have such an easy task to hit you with a quick counter. They are also forced to slow down and have some build up to look for openings. Game becomes slower, more focused and more realistic.
You can sort of see the user impact on the game once AI hit you with a goal or two and you find yourself under pressure.
Once I start "panicking" and trying to be quicker and more ping-pongy - I leave gaps and AI is becoming more frantic as well.
Hence I said PA0 is just a tool to adjust yourself, which at the end will change the game.
I know that, in theory, its possible to play the same way on PA1 - slow down, keep the shape, look for openings... but its much harder to stick to it, coz on PA1 you dont have to do it. Its easy to ping pong around and you are rarely being punished with a bad pass. PA0 will keep you on your toes the whole time.

Ps. What you did, with duck taping L2, is probably much more difficult way to play than having PA0. Coz PA0 still has some assist, whereas you were on your own.

Yeah so with all this news about stuff arriving after launch means I will definitely be waiting until at least the first datapack to releases to even purchase this game. Hopefully by then any possible bugs will be fixed and missing features will be added by then.

:LOL: :LOL:
You gotta love this community!

Im still holding on to my theory, that AI is different as a result of user playing differently.
You are forced to slow down. You know that you need to be on the ball and that you need to keep your team in shape, as its not gonna be as easy and as automated to create chances. You dont press as much, try not to leave gaps.
As a result AI doesnt have such an easy task to hit you with a quick counter. They are also forced to slow down and have some build up to look for openings. Game becomes slower, more focused and more realistic.
You can sort of see the user impact on the game once AI hit you with a goal or two and you find yourself under pressure.
Once I start "panicking" and trying to be quicker and more ping-pongy - I leave gaps and AI is becoming more frantic as well.
Hence I said PA0 is just a tool to adjust yourself, which at the end will change the game.
I know that, in theory, its possible to play the same way on PA1 - slow down, keep the shape, look for openings... but its much harder to stick to it, coz on PA1 you dont have to do it. Its easy to ping pong around and you are rarely being punished with a bad pass. PA0 will keep you on your toes the whole time.

Ps. What you did, with duck taping L2, is probably much more difficult way to play than having PA0. Coz PA0 still has some assist, whereas you were on your own.
+1
For years on that theory

I imagine most of you have played a decent amount of the demo now.

So how's the AI?
Hard to make a full assessment with 5 minute matches & limited teams but I'd say it's much improved compared to the absolute dross of the last 2 years. I don't feel like I'm being cheated & the A.i are definitely more humanised with their attacking. There doesn't seem to be a go to exploit they'll attempt every time they attack which always results in a goal.

It can definitely be improved but I've had some matches in the demo where I've completely forgotten I was playing the A.i.
That can only be a good thing IMO.

Stadium list is revealed on the Konami website, no new stadiums this year + nothing being mentioned about new stadiums added via DLC, so perhaps only 3 stadiums for the Euro 2020 license, but we'll see what they bring with it I guess

Except it's not that. They are not just bringing D2 back. If it was just that there would be nothing to praise.

(If confirmed) they are licensing Serie B and it never happened in Pes.
It's easy to lose track of how many times both series did this. For us it's easy to point out the missing stuff because it's nothing negligible.

I completely disagree that Pes ball physics are fake. They are absolutely lifelike, realistic. Problem is players interactions, animations and points of impact with the ball are limited. Probably it's something due to animations engine. Next gen i would like to see a big improvement in shots.

I forgot last year the league wasn't in list too. Maybe there is still hope for our Colombian fellows.
For me, they just hit the sweet spot!
In good and (sometimes) bad ways!
I still do enjoy the demo for what it is!!
And I’m with @Chris Davies , and how he wants the future of football games to shape up, and all that.
But, yeah there is a „but“, I’m still optimistic that 2020 version (final) will make me put aside 2017 and go on.
Fingers crossed!!
I just want a solid offline experience! And when 2020 just fixes the 2019 AI I’m good.
Saying what gets me going... I have to add: there is more in the game!! Much more this time around. 2020!! :LOVE:

So will we get Serie B from day one? Or will it be patched in later on? I’m confused.
Day 1 isn't happening from the info they've released today. No official confirmation from @officialpes about it coming as part of DLC either although other regional accounts are claiming it will.

Day 1 isn't happening from the info they've released today. No official confirmation from @officialpes about it coming as part of DLC either although other regional accounts are claiming it will.
Thanks.

I always had a Serie A save in older PES games. But no chance of relegation or promotion again is bad news for a lot of players, why do they leave it out? What about La Liga 2, is that going to feature? And I mean just fake versions, not even licensed.

Wait, does that list mean that we're getting both Brazilian Serie A and Brazilian Serie B with licensed teams and players?
I remember some older games (2015 for sure, 2017 I think, then I haven't used Brazilian teams anymore) having real team names and kits but fake players?
This could be an interesting thing for ML. It could certainly be. :YES:

Wait, does that list mean that we're getting both Brazilian Serie A and Brazilian Serie B with licensed teams and players?
I remember some older games (2015 for sure, 2017 I think, then I haven't used Brazilian teams anymore) having real team names and kits but fake players?

Nearly, seems like the Brazilian Serie A and Brazilian Serie B have 95% licensed players.

Last edited:
No indication you say?
There seems to be a lot of confusion in here now.
Can we start a ML on Day One and play as an edited Serie B side? Forget the license for a moment.
Eg. in PES 2019 we couldn't play in Serie B (or a fake Serie B) at all.

Every pes since 15 has Brazilian clubs with original kits, fake players.
I am really curious how they will handle it to achieve 95% of authenticity.

Every pes since 15 has Brazilian clubs with original kits, fake players.
b3HSUSS.png

I knew I shouldn't have trusted all those pretty images with the team crests, the matchballs and the trophies.

There seems to be a lot of confusion in here now.
Can we start a ML on Day One and play as an edited Serie B side? Forget the license for a moment.
Eg. in PES 2019 we couldn't play in Serie B (or a fake Serie B) at all.

From Day one there is a fake Serie B side in with the fake names (Like shown on the licenses page) And then probably later as maybe the negotiations or resources are quite late in the cycle they upgrade it to a licensed league.

b3HSUSS.png

I knew I shouldn't have trusted all those pretty images with the team crests, the matchballs and the trophies.

Seems like a pain in the ass to invidually ask every player permission for the brazilian Serie B and Serie A.
With the random number of 95% being authentic players now I'm really curious to see which player said NO!

Heard that Serie B went quite well with this and lots of players in teams instantly wanted to be part of the game. Curious if they pay small fee's for some players. I hope not, wish Brazil had one federation where all players were signed under.

So will Serie B have real players but fake kits, team names and club crests to begin with, is that right?

I can't wait to get the full game!
I still stand by what I said a few weeks ago though. I'm not buying it until enough of you people (specially some key ones) tell me they've not sped up the pace, or removed the error in shooting, passing, etc.
If it's at least 85% like the demo, then I'll buy it.
But I haven't been this anxious towards getting a football game for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom