eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should/does not struggle with "kit limits", Konami just put a limit on "imported images" for some reason.

For example, on PC and jailbroken/modded consoles (last gen and current gen), we can of course edit the database files and "license" every team that is unlicensed. When we do that we can add kits and of course fonts as if it was "original" in the game and when we do it like that we can easily add multiple kits for every team without any problems, meaning we use far more images than we can "import" without any trouble, without having used any slot for the "import images" function.

So, in reality there is no limit if the kits are done in an "official" way (as if they are part of the game and licensed). Again, Konami simply put a limit for the imported images using the edit function for some reason (maybe because those images have to be converted to the usual format used by the game and therefore that process costs the game more energy?).

Anyway, like I said even on the old-gen (PES 2018) we can almost get as much modded content as on PC (if you have a modded console) with many PC files even working on them without problems.

There are a lot of PES patches/mods made for PES 2018 on PS3 and since I also still have a PS3 (which can be easily modded nowadays) while not have a PC capable of running PES nor having the ability to mod on the PS4, I sometimes find myself playing PES 18 on the PS3 simply because of the fact you can mod it (almost) as easily as the PC version. I find myself trying to add/convert stuff from the threads here to PS3 and a lot of them work perfectly. The only downside compared to PC is that there is no sider/livecpk and all the other switchers on the console.
Isnt the limit due because of the PS4 though? Can you give us a link of the PS4 having every team in. I had no idea this was possible. So can as many stadiums be imported on PS4 as well then?

My 12gb 720p PS3 could handle a stadium creator (20-30 created stadiums) but my 1TB Xbox One X 4k cant?
Yeah it's obviously the machine/engines that is at fault here not Konami.
Obviously...
12gb 720p? It's ram that would be the issue here not your 12gb of storage or your 1tb on the X or resolution of games.

Last edited:
There's no class team restriction on Division?
I'm disappointed if that's the case because that's the main online mode I want to play.
I thought it has restrictions because in the past on Steam, I check some of my online friendly opponent's(who use big teams in online friendly) profiles and I'm surprised that some of them are using weaker teams on their last 5 matches in "division". I thought they are doing that because of the team class restrictions.

I like using big teams in the past but got stressed out with the game speed of big teams vs big teams matches.
Using weaker teams makes the game more relaxing, outcome are more organic and more fun to me.

Nope, no team filter. Might change this year but I doubt it. People using PA0 (and set to "similar settings") tend to use lesser teams though but what I'm after is like Class A/B/C/no restrictions when you search for opponents. Would make using PA1 a lot more fun.

My 12gb 720p PS3 could handle a stadium creator (20-30 created stadiums) but my 1TB Xbox One X 4k cant?
Yeah it's obviously the machine/engines that is at fault here not Konami.
Obviously...

Exactly, it is Konami.

We keep "bashing" the Fox Engine when in reality it is a very great engine. Look at how on the PS3 (2006 CONSOLE!!) we could play and run PES with the same gameplay/engine as the "next-gen" version with 60fps ingame (only downside is 720p and of course less graphical details).

Fox Engine is very well optimized and again, it is Konami/the PES team that don't capitalize on it's capabalities. Look at how Metal Gear Solid V looked remarkable and played remarkable on the PS3 and had some of the most realistic animations and (cloth) physics. It's simply the PES team that don't want to or have trouble to work with it. I repeat, this was all done on a 13 YEAR OLD CONSOLE, yet somehow they have trouble implementing good cloth physics on a far more advanced console?

We even see that they improve the game engine year by year now, because like I said the Fox Engine is not the problem, it's Konami/the PES team that don't put out the max.

I mean PES 2014 on PS3 was the same as the PC version, with it's fluid animations, impressive cloth physics, etc. The only trouble back then (as it was new and actually a "next-gen" engine), was that it suffered from some slow-downs ingame.

Realistically (in theory), Konami could still release PES on last-gen and it would play the same as the current-gen versions. I actually didn't even expect them to drop last-gen so quickly, since a large fanbase still plays on PS3/X360, but maybe it also had to do with the "piracy" aspect on those consoles as it's very easy to mod them now.

Point of this story, I don't think Fox Engine as an engine itself is "outdated" or not good enough. I mean, look at the mods we see on here and how it improves the game massively. It's Konami itself that doesn't care in improving stuff except for "gameplay" every year and impose limits for a reason on a game that already is very limited.

Last edited:
Lega Serie B will be licensed after one of the later DLC, with the Serie A trophy.

Source: PES Asia official Facebook Page
Brescia coming later via DLC, so Serie A fully licenced
I would love it if we could (note: this is hopelessly unrealistic and I know it won't happen, don't bother telling me, I know) ... organise a boycott of the game until all of the promised content arrived.

The missing trophies, teams etc... It's just ridiculous. Along with the lack of stadiums, and that stadium assignments are locked down to the club's continent, along with there still being no stadium editor.

What if it's like the Celtic/Rangers stadiums debacle? Which were promised in August and didn't arrive until February the following year? It's really not on.

Yes, on "professional" the scoring variety is much better. I do understand that you play on Pro because it gives you the best challenge for fuma, but for guys like me who want to stick with assisted and have to turn it up to TS or SS to have a worthwhile challenge, this effectively means a limited experience when it comes to scoring.

As @Chris Davies said, it's not even that I am asking for spectacular goals. I want, perhaps, to score a goal like Mason Mount in the Chelsea vs Leicester encounter from last weekend. That ball went fairly straight to the middle of the goal but Schmeichel (who had pulled some amazing, PES-like saves in this match before) went for the wrong post. This contextual granularity seems impossible in PES when it comes to the keepers.

Very good point!

I never had any fun with superstar....also not with top player, because it´s exactly as you say.
Found my sweet spot with professional in connection with fuma.

And I don´t wanna proselytise.
Why should we adjust ourselves to get a better gaming experience?

I always had a gaming PC, so no problem to get PES on PC and mod it out.
I was willing to take the learning curve to play full manual.

So with a game, I can mod the hell out of it (thx to all the modders on here....you guys are amazing!!!) and play fuma,
I´m certainly gonna have a good time with this release.

But a console player who wanna play the game as it is in it´s default setting shouldn´t be forced to do this and that and whatnot, just to have more fun.
The game should please you already!

Ahem... it was you that said 'who actually cares...' The answer is all console players would appreciate licenced Uruguay etc
I apologise, very badly worded from me and my post came across as an arrogant stance to take.

Me personally - I don’t care about international teams. But I get many of you do.

But again, an option file has always given us international kits etc. I feel there are far bigger issues to address than Uruguay being licensed.

I would love it if we could (note: this is hopelessly unrealistic and I know it won't happen, don't bother telling me, I know) ... organise a boycott of the game until all of the promised content arrived.

The missing trophies, teams etc... It's just ridiculous. Along with the lack of stadiums, and that stadium assignments are locked down to the club's continent, along with there still being no stadium editor.

What if it's like the Celtic/Rangers stadiums debacle? Which were promised in August and didn't arrive until February the following year? It's really not on.

In a perfect world, that is what happen.

It's a slippery slope. So easy announcing everything to have them ready 8 months after.

The ‘buy the game now get the content in 6 months time’ thing is bordering on farcical now. Completely unprofessional and something I’ve come to accept from modern day Konami.

So when was the last Pes where we had a believable match schedule/fixture list in the ML?
You know the not "start with two away games in the league then an away fixture in an CL/EL qf and one home game then two away games again"
And top it off with a fixture free September?
When was that?
One home/one away game and the odd double away game has that ever happened?

Things that piss me off massively about PES that 10 years ago I thought would be standard:
- GK's diving full pelt on to backpasses that are 2 yards from them, just bloody walk over and pick the ball up.
- No small gritty 8-15,000 cap stadiums to use in ML
- No stadium editor
- No ability to load in custom adboards for stadiums
- No matchday atmosphere, same generic wall of sound with hums and gets louder with goals, no proper chats or songs or feeling of being involved in an actual big match,
- No realization or awareness of aggregate scores by the COM, if you are winning 2-0 from the first leg and the COM is winning 1-0 in second leg, they will just defend thinking they are winning the game.
-Abysmal inaccurate commentary.

No realization or awareness of aggregate scores by the COM, if you are winning 2-0 from the first leg and the COM is winning 1-0 in second leg, they will just defend thinking they are winning the game.

Yes, that's a big one. I would add to that general absence of any home/away effects. In past MLs you'd have teams like Huddersfield travel to the Etihad and play 4-3-3 with full red-attack-level from the first second. And they would do this even when they've already been relegated to the second league. They are totally oblivious to any context or their own abilities.

And why is the home team still kicking-off in every match, always from the left to the right first. After 20 years, for crying out loud.

This why I don't get the people that post about "I preordered" - that's not something to boast about...I get you're excited about the new release but come on! Every year you get rinsed by this game on shackles, that we need to unshackle, and you/we still pre-order.

In all fairness this is probably the best and FINAL year/opportunity to instill some sort of meaningful changes because the whole cycle of hope/hype begins with a new gen next year.

The shutting down of numerous pes forums to leave this more independently-opinionated forum works in favour of the consumer/gamer and this opportunity really should not be wasted.

You won't get successful boycott cos ppl are entitled to enjoy (and dispose of) the game the way they see fit.

Just don't preorder it!!!!

I assume all the people shouting licences don't matter, this licence is worthless etc are all PC users? Worth remember that the Xbox users have no import images and PS4 has limited slots.. every licence that saves a few image import slots (and means less fake name players and duplicates floating about) is worth having for console players...
Agree on that.

Isnt the limit due because of the PS4 though? Can you give us a link of the PS4 having every team in. I had no idea this was possible. So can as many stadiums be imported on PS4 as well then?

It should and is possible to edit the PS4 game as well if you have a modded console, however for PS4 it is much more complex than on last-gen/PC as the PS4 does not use "folder" based games (even if modded), but instead keeps the game and updates in their .pkg format (just like an .iso file). Therefore you always need to extract the whole game/updates files, edit what you want and then repack them as a whole.

There are many people modding them, however (just like on PS3) most of them are from Asia and ask for money to publish them.

This was the only one I could find that publishes the files, however this was for PES 2018:

https://www.psx-place.com/threads/pro-evolution-soccer-2018-thereddevil-patch.18278/

But, like I said, in reality you can mod PES (or any other game) on every platform if you have custom firmware/jailbreak and have people who invest time in learing the game to create tools (luckily we have those people and so we have been modding PES for years here). When it comes to amount of kits there is no limit in PES code and it is simply a limit Konami put on the import function in edit mode for (probably) a (good) reason they only know about. When it comes to other stuff like teams/leagues/stadiums, there are limits imposed by Konami in the game itself (the .bin files), so you can't even bypass them and add more, unless there is a smart tool like Sider for example, which of course is a tool that can be made to work on a PC, but is (probably) impossible to be made on console.

Regarding the Colombian league, is this legit?

(For English, open in Twitter and click "translate"!)

That was the same last year though which is why Konamo apparently couldn't advertise it.

Hopefully it's in but it's not a deal breaker for my own selfish position.

If Serie B license is confirmed i would like to thank Konami for the effort, going from no Italian Second division at all to licensed Serie B even after launch with a dlc is great.

Always give credit where credit is due, it can't be all the things they do are wrong. Being more balanced would be helpful.

You won't be able to boycott because there is an army of kids that doesn't care about your raffinate discussion on realism and offline careers and will just be content with CR7 waving his arms correctly. The bunch of people that preorders here has very little to do with the current state of things.

If Serie B license is confirmed i would like to thank Konami for the effort, going from no Italian Second division at all to licensed Serie B even after launch with a dlc is great.

Always give credit where credit is due, it can't be all the things they do are wrong. Being more balanced would be helpful.
1. Take something out
2. Bring it back a year or two later
3. ?
4. Profit

Rinse and repeat

Still miffed when I think about a simple stadium solution like unlock the regions in ML.
Me,I always play Serie A,having the South American stadiums would be such a step up in authentecy.
Saw it was mentioned above,but can't understand why not.
Is not a licences thing,I can set whatever team I want to in my region to Old Trafford or any other stadium

Just did an interesting experiment which involved me duct-taping L2 to the controller to be always pressed, but leaving everything else on "normal" (PA1, simple tb, simple shot, 10 min extension).

Apart from the fact that I didn't suck as much as I thought I would (only lost 0-1 to Real Madrid on Top Player) there were some things that were different, kind of confirming what @Emroth stated yesterday. First of all I had to increase the game speed (from my usual -1 to 0) then it also seemed that the AI wasn't in fact so crisp in their dribblings anymore and that they were easier to contain and disposses than on fully assisted. Could be placebo but there was a tangible difference. Will test with PA3 next.

Would of course be interesting, if the fuma guys here could compare if it's the same thing or if this is in fact a "fuma light".

1. Take something out
2. Bring it back a year or two later
3. ?
4. Profit

Rinse and repeat

Except it's not that. They are not just bringing D2 back. If it was just that there would be nothing to praise.

(If confirmed) they are licensing Serie B and it never happened in Pes.

Interesting.
No Serie B licence and no licence for Brescia.
Also, they've included Palermo with fake players in Other European Teams as well as a Belgian team (Wilrijk PW) with fake players. Any ideas who the Belgian team should be?
Beerschot Wilrijk

Hopefully the patchmakers reinstall it. I've been waiting for it to ascend for years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom