eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely agree with you guys. I am hardly in love with the league, so I am definitely more irritated than I normally would be.

But in my opinion, it's just disrespectful not to do something with it and I really can't understand why Konami can see the potential in it. It would be huge.

I mean.. Wow, it is indeed a wasted opportunity.
As long as the kids gets to play with Ronaldo,it'll be worth it for Konami.
When Juve signed CR they sold jerseys for over $62 million the first 24 hours
That's exactly what konami are after!
The new and improved ML and the licenses is just smoke and mirror from konami,they won over Cr7 from EA,thats was the real target.

Thanks mate.

My biggest fear confirmed:

PES Original Stadiums

• Burg Stadion
    Coliseo de los Deportes
    eFootball Stadium
    eFootball.Pro Arena
    Estadio Campeones
    Estadio del Martingal
    Estadio del Nuevo Triunfo
    Estadio del Tauro
    Estádio do Escorpião
    Hoofdstad Stadion
    KONAMI Stadium
    Metropole Arena
    Neu Sonne Arena
    Rose Park Stadium
    Sports Park
    Stade de Sagittaire
    Stadio Nazionale
    Stadio Orione
    Village Road

So that's playing an entire Premier League or SkyBet Championship Master League career at the same terrible looking stadiums yet again. Only Village Road and Rose Park feel remotely British and I can't be doing with playing at them every single match. Add to that the terrible atmospheres and it's the same old content issues I was worried about.
Let's not forget, not only is this a poor amount of stadiums. Half of them or more will be locked out of assigning to different teams when playing a master league. Never understood why it's like this & never will. Some of the best looking stadiums & pitches in the game are the south American ones, which for the most part can't be used in a European ML. Baffling.

Let's not forget, not only is this a poor amount of stadiums. Half of them or more will be locked out of assigning to different teams when playing a master league. Never understood why it's like this & never will. Some of the best looking stadiums & pitches in the game are the south American ones, which for the most part can't be used in a European ML. Baffling.
Idiots!
Never understood that either

Completely agree mate. Notice you're a Brighton fan? So that means playing at that dodgy stadium Chelsea also get assigned to? Can't remember name of it but I play as Brighton in PES 2018 and remember using that stadium.

I say this every year but Konami aren't having my money this year. I'm not buying PES 2020. I remember not buying PES 2008 to PES 2012 because I hated the demos and I'm going back to that mindset. I'd rather spend £50 on KitKats and Ginger Beer.

I won't pollute the thread becuase there's people enjoying this demo and I'm happy for you. I was already extremely disgruntled with PES and the latest stadium news is the final nail in the coffin for me.

It's fascinating to see the different mindsets between online/offline players and between here and Reddit for example. Personally, I don't really care about the stadiums, but then again I don't really play ML but I can imagine it completely destroys the immersion. I'm trying to work out who Konami are aiming at with some of their moves this year. And I can only think of one demographic which is players of the other game who stay away because of licenses. Because on the surface their license deals have been spectacular this year but the execution of what they get has thus far been terrible. But if you played the other game, you wouldn't really read deep enough to know that.

I also find it weird that once again Colombian league isn't on the list of leagues. It wasn't last year either but ended up in the game.

And now the next big announcement came.

The big eFootball online tournament. Yeah.. We can say "yeah I won't buy their game". But really it's a pretty obvious strategy suddenly:

1. Getting as much leagues as possible. Also licensed. To create awareness and to marketing purposes.

2. Use as little as possible on these licenses, also meaning manpower in terms of creating stadiums etc.

3. All these licenses etc are giving as many as possible the possibility to recreate their own dream team.. Online.. Where the future is.

And sorry to say. It is where the future is. And money for a company like Konami.

Really the sad thing is that I can't adapt. It's not hard for me to admit, but it is getting more and more obvious each year that these perfect times with offline gaming (PES/FIFA) is disappearing.

Football Manager is looking like the only place where you can enjoy a game for yourself these days.

Of course. If there were some respect, they would prioritize offline gaming a lot. Give us the opportunity. But big companies doesn't behave that way. They are changing their customers and they will prioritize how to create a solution as easy and cheap as possible. Online gaming is that.

Nice ball, finish but in that situation no way does a defender go for an overhead to clear the ball. Who was that Sule?

I feel both games suffers from this, illogical actions happening in the simplest situations.

Ramos at 0:45 in el clasico

Roberto Carlos in WC QF '98

Sorry, couldn't resist;)

Tbh,

at first I also thought....what the hell? Why didn´t he just try to head it away?

But then suddenly that Roberto Carlos move came to my mind, I just didn´t remember what worldcup that was and who they played against, so thx to @Bonano :)
I remember that, because I was so mad at Carlos and memorize how the commentator went crazy and was like "wtf did Carlos do there??".

So you see....illogical moves/decisions are part of real football either^^.

Still...that goal (full manual) felt awesome!

Why is there the Johan Cruyff ArenA AND Hoofdstad Stadion? It's the same.
For non-Dutchies: "Hoofdstad" means capital city. That's Amsterdam. Where's the Johan Cruyff ArenA? Right...
I'm pretty sure Hoofstad is Friends arena in Solna Sweden ,the venue for the 2017 EL final

I don't understand why Konami don't try to get Uruguay, Nigeria, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, USA, Mexico, Algeria, Ghana and South Korea NT licences...

I don't understand why Konami don't try to get Uruguay, Nigeria, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, USA, Mexico, Algeria, Ghana and South Korea NT licences...
No offence intended here but...who actually cares that much? There wouldn’t be official stadia for them. They’d just have the correct kits. We’re in 2019 now not 1999.

San Siro listed twice, been a while and didn't realise Konami were still pulling that trick.

My like is the demo and my annoyance with FIFA has given them some leeway, but things better not go any further south.

Completely agree mate. Notice you're a Brighton fan? So that means playing at that dodgy stadium Chelsea also get assigned to? Can't remember name of it but I play as Brighton in PES 2018 and remember using that stadium.
I usually pick the stadium I find most aesthetically pleasing. That's the problem with PES, it's so limited you have to use your imagination to get the best out of it.
I cannot start a ML before I've been & assigned as many stadiums as possible to all the teams in the 2 divisions I'll be competing in. I find it soul destroying sticking with the default options as you end up in the same 3 grounds & or so Home & Away for the duration of a season. Even after editing it's not much better.....your stuck with 15-20 spread out across 40 teams when there's 20 or more complety locked out of being used at all.

Think about how stupid this is!? We're already limited to a paltry amount of choices and then to make matters worse Konami lock half them out of ML? Why why why!!? It makes absolutely no sense & has been like this for years.
It's something that could so easily be fixed.

I usually pick the stadium I find most aesthetically pleasing. That's the problem with PES, it's so limited you have to use your imagination to get the best out of it.
I cannot start a ML before I've been & assigned as many stadiums as possible to all the teams in the 2 divisions I'll be competing in. I find it soul destroying sticking with the default options as you end up in the same 3 grounds & or so Home & Away for the duration of a season. Even after editing it's not much better.....your stuck with 15-20 spread out across 40 teams when there's 20 or more complety locked out of being used at all.

Think about how stupid this is!? We're already limited to a paltry amount of choices and then to make matters worse Konami lock half them out of ML? Why why why!!? It makes absolutely no sense & has been like this for years.
It's something that could so easily be fixed.
I lived in the US last year and the Premier League/English footy is HUGE business over there now. There’s also a small but devoted PES community there.

Konami would get so many more American consumers onboard IF they gave more attention to the English side of things i.e. five or six NEW British looking (generic) stadia we could assign to teams, loads of new English sounding crowd chants, the FA Cup actually played home or away and not at a neutral stadium in Asia somewhere...

But no, they’ll buy the rights to a pointless Thai license instead and do nothing with it. And I don’t mean to sound xenophobic here, I’m actually the complete opposite. But know your fanbase and know what’s popular. And love it or hate it, as things stand, Premier League football is BIG business and watched all over the world.

As long as the kids gets to play with Ronaldo,it'll be worth it for Konami.
When Juve signed CR they sold jerseys for over $62 million the first 24 hours
That's exactly what konami are after!
The new and improved ML and the licenses is just smoke and mirror from konami,they won over Cr7 from EA,thats was the real target.
Its a shame really mate, i might try to go back to pes 2018 and try it after knowing of the lack od stadiums and fake arse license for serie a...i don t wanna friggin play new sonne arena again and again every 2 matches....

You’ve just summed up my exact feelings mate. I simply can’t put my finger on it but scoring goals in PES has felt ‘empty’ for years now (for me).

In the other game, which also has many, many issues - it still gives me that “Wow I’ve scored a decent goal here.”

It’s so weird and frustrating because PES 2020 in the middle of the pitch is great.

I tend to agree here.

The few goals I get to score in this demo don't feel like an achievement.
It's a hard to fix problem, because how can they add a feeling of joy or accomplishment to scoring goals?.
Besides maybe making it harder (which it is, at least for me, this year) or adding yet more animations and possible outcomes out of each situation, giving you more possibilities to decide what to do. I don't really see many other options. It's hard to add 'a feel' to it.
They could make it so that's impossible to score, and yet it could still feel empty when you do.
Or they could make it so that you have 10 ways to end the play and try to score, and yet it could still feel empty when you do.

It's not about scoring spectacular goals either. I don't want them forcing certain scenarios to happen so that we can score crazy goals. We've been there and it was disgusting.

I don't know.

I've played around 50-60 matches on the demo offline and a handful online, I'm yet to see anything shot wise thats made me go 'ooooh thats new'

Really? I keep getting surprised by how many different outcomes and new animations have been added to this particular part of the game.

For me, all ball physics in PES are "fake". You never see a horribly timed or sliced shot, generated by a foot/animation not matching up to the perfect contact spot on the ball - i.e. truly contextual.

I strongly disagree.

You know how I mentioned that I suck at this game just over a week ago?. Well, I still suck. But I still really like 2020 Demo too, partially because I don't score too many goals, and I miss a lot of chances even with top players.
Maybe it's got something to do with the type of shooting you set your control to. I use Advanced Shooting. But I've seen plenty of contextual shooting animations in which the shots go far and wide off target in this demo, which is something I really appreciate.

Sadly, you are correct, its all moving online, the even sadder thing is that Konami would not be in a position to make hundreds of millions each year from their online, e-sports and mobile platforms if it wasn't for all the offline players that stuck with PES throughout the years.

You ask anyone between the ages of 21-50 if they know of PES, and the ones that say yes, ask them what they think of when they think of PES, and its always Master League, its what PES was famous for.
Now, they almost punish ML players because all they are interested in is getting the face and tattoos right for little Johnny who spends his pocket money on packs so he can play with Neymar and CR7 up front in a 6-1-2 formation.

Yet no one at Konami has the balls to come out and admit they are gearing their product up solely for online players, instead they just strip away and strip away and water down the offline side.

And now the next big announcement came.

The big eFootball online tournament. Yeah.. We can say "yeah I won't buy their game". But really it's a pretty obvious strategy suddenly:

1. Getting as much leagues as possible. Also licensed. To create awareness and to marketing purposes.

2. Use as little as possible on these licenses, also meaning manpower in terms of creating stadiums etc.

3. All these licenses etc are giving as many as possible the possibility to recreate their own dream team.. Online.. Where the future is.

And sorry to say. It is where the future is. And money for a company like Konami.

Really the sad thing is that I can't adapt. It's not hard for me to admit, but it is getting more and more obvious each year that these perfect times with offline gaming (PES/FIFA) is disappearing.

Football Manager is looking like the only place where you can enjoy a game for yourself these days.

Of course. If there were some respect, they would prioritize offline gaming a lot. Give us the opportunity. But big companies doesn't behave that way. They are changing their customers and they will prioritize how to create a solution as easy and cheap as possible. Online gaming is that.

Faroe Islands

ECfaGcqW4AAVJ7F.jpg

Cant wait till one of the games bring in VAR for "realism" that will be interesting :LOL:
I think that's a step too far for football games & I hope it never happens. It's already killing the game for the fan in the stadium. I went to a Premier League game Saturday & I had my first experience of it.
Brighton Vs West Ham...we scored & celebrated for a good couple of minutes & the ball was in the centre circle ready for kick off when the goal was disallowed, it sucks the life out of the stadium & stops you ever celebrating a goal with pure emotion again. I like the idea of VAR but it's not working properly yet & needs to change. Would hate to see it in PES or FIFA.

I think that's a step too far for football games & I hope it never happens. It's already killing the game for the fan in the stadium. I went to a Premier League game Saturday & I had my first experience of it.
Brighton Vs West Ham...we scored & celebrated for a good couple of minutes & the ball was in the centre circle ready for kick off when the goal was disallowed, it sucks the life out if the stadium & stops you ever celebrating a goal with pure emotion again. I like the idea of VAR but it's not working properly yet & needs to change. Would hate to see it in PES or FIFA.
VAR in theory could work but in practice it's been a shambles so far.

Why is there the Johan Cruyff ArenA AND Hoofdstad Stadion? It's the same.
For non-Dutchies: "Hoofdstad" means capital city. That's Amsterdam. Where's the Johan Cruyff ArenA? Right...

Because Hoofdstad Stadium was in the game before they got the license for the Johan Cruyff ArenA (same with Neu Sonne Arena which is the fake Allianz Parque, Metropole Arena - Emirates Stadium, Estadio do Escorpiao - Maracana)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom