eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its either the straight laces wallop, the R2 curler, or a chip, there's very rarely any variation in between, you rarely see shots hit with topspin, skid up fast off the turf and cause keepers problems, or driven, rising shots, I know that's a skill trait now but only certain players can do it, whereas in reality, any player is capable of hitting a rising shot, its just about body position and the way the ball is struck.

This.

This is the biggest problem for me. There is absolutely no reason for dipping or rising shots to be a trait that requires a certain technique to pull off. If I, an overweight unskilled player, can hit a dipping shot or a rising shot every so often, then every professional footballer can. Knuckle shot I can understand. But rising and dipping shots should be a circumstantial, open to all shot that anyone can pull off.

Bear in mind I have not played the demo sufficiently and have only read thoughts on here, I was under the impression that this year was improved in terms of variety and contextual outcomes of shots depending on positioning etc?

Bear in mind I have not played the demo sufficiently and have only read thoughts on here, I was under the impression that this year was improved in terms of variety and contextual outcomes of shots depending on positioning etc?

I've played around 50-60 matches on the demo offline and a handful online, I'm yet to see anything shot wise thats made me go 'ooooh thats new'

Having played about 100 matches online, I feel like there are quite a few new shot animations and certainly quite a few new save animations. But it also depends on what type of shooting you play on. Full manual, I haven't seen anything new, advanced has some bizarre animations and basic you see quite a few. So I think it can depend whether you play online/offline and what type of control you have over the shot (where bizarrely more control equals less variety).

I've played around 50-60 matches on the demo offline and a handful online, I'm yet to see anything shot wise thats made me go 'ooooh thats new'
For me, all ball physics in PES are "fake". You never see a horribly timed or sliced shot, generated by a foot/animation not matching up to the perfect contact spot on the ball - i.e. truly contextual.

Instead, you get this sort of "fake" ball physics situation, where the game goes "incoming cross and you're trying to hit a volley, so let's make the shot a poor one - even though the contact etc. is pretty standard, it'll just be a bad shot". Even in situations where a good volley could reasonably be expected. It's forced, not "real".

I've blamed the engine for years but loads of people love the game and fear (rightly) that a new engine would completely change it (which is what I'm personally dying to see).

Having played about 100 matches online, I feel like there are quite a few new shot animations and certainly quite a few new save animations. But it also depends on what type of shooting you play on. Full manual, I haven't seen anything new, advanced has some bizarre animations and basic you see quite a few. So I think it can depend whether you play online/offline and what type of control you have over the shot (where bizarrely more control equals less variety).

I've played a mix of assisted shooting and advanced, advanced gives you more control over the placement, but is unreliable with first time shots and headers, there maybe be 2 or 3 new animations but shot trajectory/flight of the ball/physics all remain the same, I'd love to see some footage of scenarios I mentioned above with shots kicking up off the turf just before the keeper with spin on, or driven volleys that also bend, or rising shots, or soft placed shots into corners, downward headers etc.

If they do exist they are very few and far between.

For me, all ball physics in PES are "fake". You never see a horribly timed or sliced shot, generated by a foot/animation not matching up to the perfect contact spot on the ball - i.e. truly contextual.

Instead, you get this sort of "fake" ball physics situation, where the game goes "incoming cross and you're trying to hit a volley, so let's make the shot a poor one - even though the contact etc. is pretty standard, it'll just be a bad shot". Even in situations where a good volley could reasonably be expected. It's forced, not "real".

I've blamed the engine for years but loads of people love the game and fear (rightly) that a new engine would completely change it (which is what I'm personally dying to see).

Absolutely agree 100% here Chris.
All PES animations are pre-determined and the engine doesn't allow for quick on the fly changes, as you mentioned, a cross comes in you press the button to hit a volley and the game will say "trigger volley animation" then trigger Goal or trigger miss, imagine the last minute of a cup tie, you counter, whip the ball in from the byline and somehow Matip or Smalling or any other lesser skilled, technical player, has found himself on the penalty spot, you press shoot to first time shot the cross, and as that player has been sprinting to get into the box, and the ball has been crossed in at high pace on to his weaker foot, he then swings the boot and misses completely or scuffs it and the ball rolls out for a goal kick?

Maybe frustrating by that culmination of realistic inertia, foot positioning, and stats adherence resulting in a messed up shot would bring so much more to the game.

Same currently with shooting, trigger shot, determine outcome, and then there's maybe 1 or 2 variations on trajectory, thats all. Too repetitive, unrealistic, that's why scoring in PES feels empty half the time.

One thing caught my eyes yesterday when I played Man U online. Rashford was through on goal but the ball was just a little bit too long but my opponent still tried to shoot, with his preferd foot, the right one but it became really tame and went in the side netting. He was using Basic shooting.

I'm wondering if this game is built around basic shooting and if therefore will give you the most realistic outcome when used? Even so that the old; "only kids need (shooting) assistance"- argument could be "wrong". That stats REALLY matters? But since everyone always use the best teams and players it feels like Basic is more assisted than it really is, since those players stats are the best.

Or I might be totally wrong here. :)

I have settled on PA1, Adv through balls and Adv shooting. (still toying with basic) Superstar
I like manual passing but on the higher levels its a little too difficult. World class players just give ball away too much.
Anything below top player the AI is just too passive so can win with FUMA 3-0 on professional

I wonder if there's a possibility of Konami releasing the gamescom build as an updated second demo? Am I right in thinking it has 10 minute matches & international teams? Would absolutely love that to keep me going until the 10th.

I've played a mix of assisted shooting and advanced, advanced gives you more control over the placement, but is unreliable with first time shots and headers, there maybe be 2 or 3 new animations but shot trajectory/flight of the ball/physics all remain the same, I'd love to see some footage of scenarios I mentioned above with shots kicking up off the turf just before the keeper with spin on, or driven volleys that also bend, or rising shots, or soft placed shots into corners, downward headers etc.

If they do exist they are very few and far between.

Interesting, I don't have any clips to hand although I will look at for them moving forward, but downwards headers have been key for me. On both advanced and manual, I love the heading animations. Especially on advanced when you hit a low shot as a header, the downwards trajectory is really satisfying. I even had one that bounced over a keepers dive.

Soft placed shots into corners as in bottom or top? I've had loads of nicely rolled shots into the bottom corners but I don't necessarily feel its a new animation. When I eventually score a volley I'll look for the bend. But I have scored a wicked dipping bouncing volley from a headed out corner that was absolutely delicious.

I don't think its perfect by any means, but I do feel like the keeper having super human abilities at times can make it feel unrealistic.

Oh my god I couldn't agree more with this part in particular! The Ball physics for me since about PES 2008 (yes even that far back) have been the same. You take a shot, its very straight lined, laser guided and over powered. I literally have scored lots of goals with Man United with players who SHOULDN'T be scored goals like that! Cut inside with Luke Shaw, tap Square and watch it go in.... Yeah coz Shaw has brilliant finishing? I have done that quite a few times repeatedly and this is on Superstar Difficulty.

I had this same issue in PES 2019, 18, 17, 16, 15 (yeah ok I will stop now). The shooting in particular just feels meh. Not context sensitive stuff going on AT ALL!

Thanks mate.

My biggest fear confirmed:

PES Original Stadiums
  • Burg Stadion
  • Coliseo de los Deportes
  • eFootball Stadium
  • eFootball.Pro Arena
  • Estadio Campeones
  • Estadio del Martingal
  • Estadio del Nuevo Triunfo
  • Estadio del Tauro
  • Estádio do Escorpião
  • Hoofdstad Stadion
  • KONAMI Stadium
  • Metropole Arena
  • Neu Sonne Arena
  • Rose Park Stadium
  • Sports Park
  • Stade de Sagittaire
  • Stadio Nazionale
  • Stadio Orione
  • Village Road

So that's playing an entire Premier League or SkyBet Championship Master League career at the same terrible looking stadiums yet again. Only Village Road and Rose Park feel remotely British and I can't be doing with playing at them every single match. Add to that the terrible atmospheres and it's the same old content issues I was worried about.

One thing caught my eyes yesterday when I played Man U online. Rashford was through on goal but the ball was just a little bit too long but my opponent still tried to shoot, with his preferd foot, the right one but it became really tame and went in the side netting. He was using Basic shooting.

I'm wondering if this game is built around basic shooting and if therefore will give you the most realistic outcome when used? Even so that the old; "only kids need (shooting) assistance"- argument could be "wrong". That stats REALLY matters? But since everyone always use the best teams and players it feels like Basic is more assisted than it really is, since those players stats are the best.

Or I might be totally wrong here. :)

I like the idea of advanced/manual shooting but sticking to basic as I think it gives me best bang for my buck for stats of players to be taken into consideration. I felt with advanced that no matter where you are you could aim for a certain position and it go that way without taking into consideration positioning, foot planting etc.

Thanks mate.

My biggest fear confirmed:

PES Original Stadiums

• Burg Stadion
    Coliseo de los Deportes
    eFootball Stadium
    eFootball.Pro Arena
    Estadio Campeones
    Estadio del Martingal
    Estadio del Nuevo Triunfo
    Estadio del Tauro
    Estádio do Escorpião
    Hoofdstad Stadion
    KONAMI Stadium
    Metropole Arena
    Neu Sonne Arena
    Rose Park Stadium
    Sports Park
    Stade de Sagittaire
    Stadio Nazionale
    Stadio Orione
    Village Road

So that's playing an entire Premier League or SkyBet Championship Master League career at the same terrible looking stadiums yet again. Add to that the terrible atmospheres and it's the same old content issues I was worried about.

Yes. Nothing new here. For me personally i am more disappointed about no new Serie A stadiums. Again.. The license is a superficial one.

But i can't say that i'm surprised, so for me it will be the gameplay that will define wether or not to buy the game. If were like the demo, then i probably will. The other game is not an option at the moment.

Yes. Nothing new here. For me personally i am more disappointed about no new Serie A stadiums. Again.. The license is a superficial one.

But i can't say that i'm surprised, so for me it will be the gameplay that will define wether or not to buy the game. If were like the demo, then i probably will. The other game is not an option at the moment.
I didn't even think of looking at the Serie A list. I can't believe they've acquired the Serie A license and done NOTHING with it.

Konami, man. Why?

Lol so again Konami have hardly any stadiums?! I saw The True Brits video about PES having Serie A licenses... where are the Stadiums for them teams?! Why is it EA have the PL License and have ALL 20 STADIUMS from this league ALONE yet Konami can't do something like that for PES?

As Mikhail says above this means the vast majority of Master League matches will be played in? Neu Sonne FUCKING Arena again and again...... Konami FFS!

PES Licenses are a total waste of money.
The 'fully licensed' Serie A is just kits and badges, which we get in an option file anyway. No new Serie A stadiums, No Adboards, no Scoreboard, no presentation graphics, nothing, not even the Serie A trophy will be included until a later DLC, and we all remember waiting 7 months last year for Rangers and Celtic.

Really is farsical.

In Edit mode, is it possible to assign licensed stadiums to any club or is it locked to the team that has it as home ground? For example, can I get Chelsea to have Celtic Park as home ground?

I like the idea of advanced/manual shooting but sticking to basic as I think it gives me best bang for my buck for stats of players to be taken into consideration. I felt with advanced that no matter where you are you could aim for a certain position and it go that way without taking into consideration positioning, foot planting etc.

Yeah, I might try Basic out to get a feel for it, especially since I use Flamengo/Boca etc, they should be a tad worse than the big ones.

God I wish they would implement a team class filter for Online divisions. I had this amazing match yesterday against Sao Paulo. PA1 and everything, it felt loose and unpredictable in a way the games against Juve/Bayern etc doesn't.

Completely agree with you guys. I am hardly in love with the league, so I am definitely more irritated than I normally would be.

But in my opinion, it's just disrespectful not to do something with it and I really can't understand why Konami can see the potential in it. It would be huge.

I mean.. Wow, it is indeed a wasted opportunity.

Crap year as usual.
Serie A licence,fuck all stadiums,and Brutie in (Brescia)
No buy for me.
Rather play Pes 17/18 for another year or hope FIFA gets it done

Completely agree with you guys. I am hardly in love with the league, so I am definitely more irritated than I normally would be.

But in my opinion, it's just disrespectful not to do something with it and I really can't understand why Konami can see the potential in it. It would be huge.

I mean.. Wow, it is indeed a wasted opportunity.
The fact that the trophy is coming as DLC says to me that it was a fairly late deal.

I hate to say this and apologies for a potential Trigger Warning here... but if this was EA totally half arsing licenses and having 25 stadiums despite having lots of licensed leagues... people would be calling them out over it. But remember Ladies and Gentlemen... the King Is Back right?

For me, even if the gameplay is good and they fix the shooting (make it more interesting), we're in 2019/2020 now. And we're still complaining about the same issues? But yeah, if the gameplay is good and they sort the shooting I'll still be bored by it all after a few weeks because of the serious lack of content.

It's all gear towards myClub they couldn't care less about Master League.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom