eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how the defender failed to clear the ball with the bicycle kick
it made your goal even more amazing and realistic

Me too!
When I saw him jumping, I didn´t think the ball would come to my player, but I aimed anyway.
What a feeling when he scored....that´s PES!

In the same game after that goal, Bayern was playing a lot more agressively (like they were pissed being down 2 goals) and Boateng slide tackled my player in the box....BOOM penalty.
2:0 for Palmeiras and then Lewandowski scored a goal where he received the ball right before my keeper, who blocked the shot...the ball got deflected and was up in the air, Lewa jumped up and headed it in.
That looked quite cool!

To add to our confusion, this is what the official site states:

Very clear on that one, Konami, thanks. :II
They didn't write stadiums so that we don't get our hopes up :LMAO:
Hopefully it's introduced for PES as the one downside to getting and playing the game on PC is the small online population. Being able to play with PS4 and Xbox players would be great and keep the game 'alive' for a lot longer for the online PC players.
Spot on.

Euro 2020 without minimum 4 licensed stadia and proper atmosphere will be shit like euro 2016.
Well we already have three: Ajax, Bayern and Roma stadium.
If they make final stadium that's 4.

But I hope they add Zenit and Copenhague stadiums as well.
The other stadiums would not be so useful, because they don't belong to any in game team or will disappear next year due to the lack of licence.

Hate to say it, but to many the bells and whistles are more important than gameplay.

Basically want ‘Sky Sport Simulator 2020’.
Yes we seen that with the reaction to the Serie A licence from EA the other day.
I've said this before and some might disagree due to FIFA sales effecting it but:

I miss the old days when PES was released in October. Konami, for the love of god, release your product finished with lots of content and without bugs.

These days they rush it out half assed to beat the FIFA release. They have no confience in their own product.
They just released a demo 6 weeks before release. If that doesnt scream confidence im not sure what does! It seems like your just being extremely negative for the sake of it. Every post...

Last edited:
It would be so easy for Konami to include a deep stadium editor. Let the community run riot and design 20 Premier League stadiums, 24 Championship stadiums etc. Then we could download the files and job done.

Also, what about crowd chants? Why can't we add our own for the unlicensed teams? I could play an Aston Villa ML save with actual Villa chants.

The series in regards to content and editing has gone backwards and I fear we'll never get the fully customisable stuff back. Who remembers the custom soundtrack option in PES 2014? It was such a good idea. I had loads of my own music playing when I was navigating the menus.

Thank you!

It annoys beyond belief that it was possible to add custom chants, custom intro songs, custom victory songs, custom goal music and so forth back on PS3. Playing my Roma ML with their epic Roma song after every victory was amazing, as was stadium atmosphere with original sounds no matter who I played. Immersion was great.

I was so hopeful regarding the future of PES, now, more than 5 years later we've regressed and what we had on PS3 just isn't in the game any more. Astounding.

Yes we seen that with the reaction to the Serie A licence from EA the other day.

They just released a demo 6 weeks before release. If that doesnt scream confidence im not sure what does! It seems like your just being extremely negative for the sake of it. Every post...
I’m not being negative for the sake of it. I’m a PES gamer, always have been.

I’m just very sceptical when it comes to Konami these days. Granted, you make a good point about them releasing the demo early, that IS confidence in your product which makes my earlier comment null and void I guess.

But my point stands about content and shooting. It doesn’t matter how good this demo is on the ball. How good the player models look, how good the graphics are and how nice the slow, realistic pace of the game is (I LOVE the pace of this demo)...IF the full game still see’s me having to play at the 3 same stadia in Master League all season long, having the same unrealistic transfers like buying Pogba for £35m or whatever, the same super scripted gameplay because that Team Spirit mechanic kicks in and the empty, nothing feeling I get from scoring goals....then the game still hasn’t progressed enough in my opinion.

It’s not being negative for the sake of it, I’m just dealing in facts.

I was enjoying the demo at first but, like PES 2018 and 2019, it’s quickly become stale and boring FOR ME. For those of you who are enjoying it, that’s great - I’m pleased for you :)

I’m having a blast with PES 2013 at the moment and getting my fix there so it’s all good.

That one had me jump outta my seat!

SmartSelect_20190820-142747_Video-Player.gif

SmartSelect_20190820-142902_Gallery.gif

Nice ball, finish but in that situation no way does a defender go for an overhead to clear the ball. Who was that Sule?

I feel both games suffers from this, illogical actions happening in the simplest situations.

I’m just very sceptical when it comes to Konami these days. Granted, you make a good point about them releasing the demo early, that IS confidence in your product which makes my earlier comment null and void I guess.

But my point stands about content and shooting. It doesn’t matter how good this demo is on the ball. How good the player models look, how good the graphics are and how nice the slow, realistic pace of the game is (I LOVE the pace of this demo)...IF the full game still see’s me having to play at the 3 same stadia in Master League all season long, having the same unrealistic transfers like buying Pogba for £35m or whatever, the same super scripted gameplay because that Team Spirit mechanic kicks in and the empty, nothing feeling I get from scoring goals....then the game still hasn’t progressed enough in my opinion.

I was enjoying the demo at first but, like PES 2018 and 2019, it’s quickly become stale and boring FOR ME. For those of you who are enjoying it, that’s great - I’m pleased for you :)

I’m having a blast with PES 2013 at the moment and getting my fix there so it’s all good.
Releasing the demo 6 weeks before release oozes confidence no doubt about that.

Of course a demo with limited teams, 5 min matches, 3 stadiums etc etc is going to become stale. Bit of common sense pal.

Enjoy PES 2013 but I'd advise PES 5 or the more attack oriented PES 6 since PES 2013 was dreadful but hey ho.

That one had me jump outta my seat!

SmartSelect_20190820-142747_Video-Player.gif

SmartSelect_20190820-142902_Gallery.gif
That is glorious. You see the defender struggling to get back and in a bit of a dilemma and in the end completely messes it up. Brilliant. The finish is so realistic looking.

Last edited:

Of course a demo with limited teams, 5 min matches, 3 stadiums etc etc is going to become stale. Bit of common sense pal.

Enjoy PES 2013 but I'd advise PES 5 or the more attack oriented PES 6 since PES 2013 was dreadful but hey ho.

That is glorious. You see the defender struggling to get back and in a bit of a dilemma and in the end completely messes it up. Brilliant. The finish is so realistic looking.

Same comment could easily apply to (mis)interpreting the demo as the final product based upon PES experience.

i.e. the confidence to release a demo 6 weeks earlier does not equate to confidence in, or quality of, the final product.

(it SHOULD, but pes is an anomaly where that rule does not apply)

Last edited:
It's so stupid that you have to pick your team before searching for a match online... It happens so often where e.g. I pick a lower rated side like River and the opponent is Juve/Barca, or I pick United and my opponent goes for Flamengo...

What was wrong with it in old games like PES6 where you both pick your teams simultaneously and can see their choice? You could then choose an evenly matched team, or maybe the opponent would change their original choice.

So many dumb design decisions that don't even surprise me any more with Konami.. Allowing solo players to play online "co-op" with the CPU, MyClub v real teams in co-op, the 4 tactical instruction limit, not allowing you to invite friends directly in the demo, no structured mode for team play, no filter for shooting assistance... Could carry on and on - amateur hour, really.

They're lucky they have some talented people working on the ball physics and gameplay, because the rest of the product is appalling.

So the final version is going to have majorly improved shooting and none of the issues I listed above?

You seem to have completely ignored everything I wrote in regards to content and the shooting/scoring feeling soulless.

My issue isn’t the demo. It’s my fears that PES 2020 will have exactly the same problems that PES 2019 has and that’s limited content and a terrible Master League where we can buy players at unrealistic prices, ‘Team Spirit’ effecting Master League again making the game scripted etc.

I've created a US account earlier today so I can install Pes2020 US version, just to see if it's easier to get paired with fuma players there or my connection is great against people in that region.
I played 3 games in total and I thought the connection is great. All Brazilian based on their profiles.
For my 2nd and 3rd game, it was the same opponent.

On our first match, I got beaten 1-2 but tbh, I'm a bit confused playing because where both using Flamengo and majority of the time I use Flamengo.
I have feeling we'll get paired again so I switched my team to Boca.
I scored 2 first-half goals quickly so it's pretty much done.
I know I got some help from the "game " on my goals. I can feel it before it happens because before the goals, I have bad passes that went through perfectly.
The first goal was from a nutmeg pass and to be honest I pass it in more downward direction(not diagonal).
The second goal was by beating 3 defenders and 1 defender getting funny(delayed) shoulder injury from a collision earlier. haha

I was about to score my third goal on the 75th minute and then he disconnects. I think he pretty much gave up that time because he started to just slide tackle excessively before my last pass. He then PM me and said "Delay Full".

Here's the video. I hid his name so as not to cause trouble. lol

My question is:
Is it possible that one player lags and the one on the other end doesn't on 1v1?
I know on team play lobby, it does. I'm not sure on 1v1.

When I play against European(being from Asia), I'm really surprised how smooth the connection was so sometimes I PM them and ask if it's smooth on their end, and they always say it's smooth.
I have bad connections too but very rare, I think about 5 opponents out of all my 30+ different opponents.

Last edited:
Same comment could easily apply to (mis)interpreting the demo as the final product based upon PES experience.

i.e. the confidence to release a demo 6 weeks earlier does not equate to confidence in, or quality of, the final product.

(it SHOULD, but pes is an anomaly where that rule does not apply)
Okay if you guys say so. They have no confidence in PES 2020! Sure.

I've created a US account earlier today so I can install Pes2020 US version, just to see if it's easier to get paired with fuma players there or my connection is great against people in that region.
I played 3 games in total and I thought the connection is great. All Brazilian based on their profiles.

On our first match, I got beaten 1-2 but tbh, I'm a bit confused playing because where both using Flamengo and majority of the time I use Flamengo.
I know I got some help from the "game " on my goals. I can feel it before it happens because before the goals, I have bad passes that went through perfectly.
The first goal was from a nutmeg pass and to be honest I pass it in more downward direction(not diagonal).
The second goal was by beating 3 defenders and 1 defender getting funny(delayed) shoulder injury from a collision earlier. haha

I was about to score my third goal on the 75th minute and then he disconnects. I think he pretty much gave up that time because he started to just slide tackle excessively before my last pass. He then PM me and said "Delay Full".

My question is:
Is it possible that one player lags and the one on the other end doesn't on 1v1?

When I play against European(being from Asia), I'm really surprised how smooth the connection was so sometimes I PM them and ask if it's smooth on their end, and they always say it's smooth.
I have bad connections too but very rare, I think about 5 opponents out of all my 30+ different opponents.
Dont see anything wrong in your clip. Yes you had a bit of luck from lady luck, but you destroyed his defence beautifully, twice.

I wonder myself is connection on my side same as on the other. I usually have smooth games, even tho I search for balanced network connection and accept two bars as well (due to less people playing on manual)
I had few matches where it was lagging at times, little slide show, then back to normal, but so far not one match was abandoned once we were on the pitch.

One time I had a situation where my opponent just stopped moving, but I think that he just walked away for a bit. As soon I realised he is not there I stopped playing and he was back after a while.

So far so good.

Why the attitude? Can’t we debate in a civilised and mature manner?
Is constant negative posts civilised and mature? You dont like the game so you've moved onto PES 2013 be mature and move on from 2020, Constant negativity is hard to read all the time and brings the forum down. Place was buzzing only a couple of weeks ago was a great little community here something PES has not had since Davotek-Pro Evo Network/PES fan days (were you about then? If so you'l know exactly what im talking about)

Not sure if you were ever part of WENB but constant negativity posting totally killed that place. Of course PES 2008-2019 not being good didnt help but if you only post negative posts others copy and you just end up with not a nice forum to visit.

Last edited:

My question is:

random point but is it just me or is the nets in PES too thick/white at a distance, like you can hardly see the ball hit the net and I wonder if this subconsciously loses some satisfaction in scoring

random point but is it just me or is the nets in PES too thick/white at a distance, like you can hardly see the ball hit the net and I wonder if this subconsciously loses some satisfaction in scoring

Yep. I love "goal nets" discussion! I can agree. It is too thick/white for sure. KONAMI finally managed to implement a proper looking netted goal (its shape is even better than in FIFA), however actual nets on their own are little bit too thick though.

Yep. I love "goal nets" discussion! I can agree. It is too thick/white for sure. KONAMI finally managed to implement a proper looking netted goal (its shape is even better than in FIFA), however actual nets on their own are little bit too thick though.

Thank you :PRAY:

I suspect it is partly from when they made dynamic resolution change so nets are higher def in gameplay, and then contrast increase in pes 2020 made it even worse. Playing older PES I notice they were quite a bit more translucent and so it was more clear when the ball hits the back of the net

ECbqqYSXsAEHVHh

upload_2019-8-20_19-6-30.png

Last edited:
Is constant negative posts civilised and mature? You dont like the game so you've moved onto PES 2013 be mature and move on from 2020, Constant negativity is hard to read all the time and brings the forum down. Place was buzzing only a couple of weeks ago was a great little community here something PES has not had since Davotek-Pro Evo Network/PES fan days (were you about then? If so you'l know exactly what im talking about)

Not sure if you were ever part of WENB but constant negativity posting totally killed that place. Of course PES 2008-2019 not being good didnt help but if you only post negative posts others copy and you just end up with not a nice forum to visit.
You’ve clearly got issues with anyone pointing out the negative aspects of recent PES games.

I don’t think anyone will “copy me” just because I’ve complained that the shooting is still mediocre. Everyone here has their own minds, opinions and views on the PES series, past and present.

I’m 40 years old mate. I haven’t got an axe to grind. I’m merely saying that PES 2020 demo is a good game which still has the same issues as the ones before it in recent times.

This is a discussion forum, is it not? I won’t repeat myself again therefore I can’t be accused of trolling or “bringing the forum down.”

But I’m sceptical about where the series is heading right now. I’m still getting more enjoyment scoring goals in the old games like PES 3 and 5. It’s an issue that I hope Konami address one day as well as the lack of content and poor use of official licenses.

We could have broadcast packages for Serie A, for example. Not just a Serie A patch on the sleeves and claiming they’ve made an effort by getting the license. Everything Konami do with PES these days seems half arsed.

On the contrary, I've seen a lot of positivity on the forum. Good to keep a balance so we get a great game!

Well we already have three: Ajax, Bayern and Roma stadium.
If they make final stadium that's 4.

But I hope they add Zenit and Copenhague stadiums as well.
The other stadiums would not be so useful, because they don't belong to any in game team or will disappear next year due to the lack of licence.
He mentioned a proper atmosphere, which to me is always the weak point in PES..

Reactions: OBH
You’ve clearly got issues with anyone pointing out the negative aspects of recent PES games.

I don’t think anyone will “copy me” just because I’ve complained that the shooting is still mediocre. Everyone here has their own minds, opinions and views on the PES series, past and present.

I’m 40 years old mate. I haven’t got an axe to grind. I’m merely saying that PES 2020 demo is a good game which still has the same issues as the ones before it in recent times.

This is a discussion forum, is it not? I won’t repeat myself again therefore I can’t be accused of trolling or “bringing the forum down.”

But I’m sceptical about where the series is heading right now. I’m still getting more enjoyment scoring goals in the old games like PES 3 and 5. It’s an issue that I hope Konami address one day as well as the lack of content and poor use of official licenses.

We could have broadcast packages for Serie A, for example. Not just a Serie A patch on the sleeves and claiming they’ve made an effort by getting the license. Everything Konami do with PES these days seems half arsed.
Well the shooting is still mediocre, but feels better this year if not for the overpowered goalkeepers especially those inhuman reactions of De gea in the Man united goal. It s like when you cook something, and u add salt but still feel it needs more

In fact it it is the main reason why we have this negativity including me,pes 2018 and 2019 were not good games and that is said fair and square

I just can t explain to be honest why it feels empty and with no satisfaction when u score, is it the joystick feedback, is it the animations? Is it the atmosphere? The way the camera moves, i really can t tell...

I just can t explain to be honest why it feels empty and with no satisfaction when u score, is it the joystick feedback, is it the animations? Is it the atmosphere? The way the camera moves, i really can t tell...
Good question. Even tho im enjoying the demo very much, I cant deny that scoring goals does not have same impact as it had in the past.
And its not just the demo. You can actually explain it in the demo. Pointless exhibition matches, no tension, no price, no place in the table to fight for, very poor atmosphere - all this adds up in the demo goals.
So Im hoping it will feel a bit different in full version.
But I had the same feeling in 18 and 19. Goals just felt.... meh.
Funny enough that was one of my personal issues with the other game, where goals didnt really give me any satisfaction and just seems to... happen.

Pes17 was last where scoring goal packed a punch. Was it atmosphere? The weight of the ball? I've no idea..
Cant even put it down to getting older and more grumpy, since I was still playing 17 month ago.

Sounds like burnout more than anything else.
Too much of a good thing? I've spent two decades playing strategy games but just can't go near them at the moment.
He mentioned a proper atmosphere, which to me is always the weak point in PES..
Genuinely think this would make a huge difference to PES. If the full game doesn't break the gameplay then I'm sure a lot of players would be happy to have something that's largely the same for 2021 if alongside that was a real spectacular atmosphere.

I wait for the day when the crowd noises are incredible. You hear fans drumming at Dortmund, whistles at Madrid, silence at Arsenal :LOL::LOL:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom