eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to agree here.

The few goals I get to score in this demo don't feel like an achievement.
It's a hard to fix problem, because how can they add a feeling of joy or accomplishment to scoring goals?.
Besides maybe making it harder (which it is, at least for me, this year) or adding yet more animations and possible outcomes out of each situation, giving you more possibilities to decide what to do. I don't really see many other options. It's hard to add 'a feel' to it.
They could make it so that's impossible to score, and yet it could still feel empty when you do.
Or they could make it so that you have 10 ways to end the play and try to score, and yet it could still feel empty when you do.

It's not about scoring spectacular goals either. I don't want them forcing certain scenarios to happen so that we can score crazy goals. We've been there and it was disgusting.

I don't know.

That´s interesting.
I´ve been like that for weeks.
Loved the play on the pitch, but scoring wasn´t really satisfying.

Once I found my comfortable setting (I fiddled around with the cam for ages), I really do enjoy it and scoring feels great!

Best for the demo to me is this: full manual (of course), modded fanview cam (I do like the stadium cam a lot, but I found out that I need a bit more height to it, which is too limited in the setting), speed -1, professional.

AND:
It also matters what team I pick. I don´t have any joy playing with Barcelona for example and not much with Juventus.
But picking Palmeiras and playing against a big team, there´s a lot more WOW-feeling to it....specially when you score.

So I hope the full game won´t be changed. Can´ßt wait to start an ML with a weak team as usual.

Because Hoofdstad Stadium was in the game before they got the license for the Johan Cruyff ArenA (same with Neu Sonne Arena which is the fake Allianz Parque, Metropole Arena - Emirates Stadium, Estadio do Escorpiao - Maracana)

Then again, that's so stupid. They just leave it in to say they got more stadiums while they're actually the same.

Its a shame really mate, i might try to go back to pes 2018 and try it after knowing of the lack od stadiums and fake arse license for serie a...i don t wanna friggin play new sonne arena again and again every 2 matches....
I wouldn't mind the Stadium pack as it is,but they've announced licences for Serie A (1 new stadium) last year Portugal (1 stadium) Belgium/Denmark/Russia (no stadiums).
They've had french 1-2 league fully licenced since PES 17?
Just last year they added one stadium to that licence.
I can't really justify buying games from them anymore,doesn't matter if the gameplay turns out amazing,this is just so amateurish and poor.
I'm done with them!

I completely disagree that Pes ball physics are fake. They are absolutely lifelike, realistic. Problem is players interactions, animations and points of impact with the ball are limited. Probably it's something due to animations engine. Next gen i would like to see a big improvement in shots.

Oh yeah I don't doubt it. I just found it weird last year that they never mentioned it or included it in the licences list.
I forgot last year the league wasn't in list too. Maybe there is still hope for our Colombian fellows.

I assume all the people shouting licences don't matter, this licence is worthless etc are all PC users? Worth remember that the Xbox users have no import images and PS4 has limited slots.. every licence that saves a few image import slots (and means less fake name players and duplicates floating about) is worth having for console players...

I assume all the people shouting licences don't matter, this licence is worthless etc are all PC users? Worth remember that the Xbox users have no import images and PS4 has limited slots.. every licence that saves a few image import slots (and means less fake name players and duplicates floating about) is worth having for console players...
It's not that we're saying "they don't matter" - we're saying that Konami aren't doing anything worthwhile with the licenses. No tv packages, no stadia, no new content...

No offence intended here but...who actually cares that much? There wouldn’t be official stadia for them. They’d just have the correct kits. We’re in 2019 now not 1999.

It's not that we're saying "they don't matter" - we're saying that Konami aren't doing anything worthwhile with the licenses. No tv packages, no stadia, no new content...

Ahem... it was you that said 'who actually cares...' The answer is all console players would appreciate licenced Uruguay etc

ECFUtARX4AAzn0D.jpg

Cracking looking top free if you pre order from GAME.

Dont see anything wrong in your clip. Yes you had a bit of luck from lady luck, but you destroyed his defence beautifully, twice.

I wonder myself is connection on my side same as on the other. I usually have smooth games, even tho I search for balanced network connection and accept two bars as well (due to less people playing on manual)
I had few matches where it was lagging at times, little slide show, then back to normal, but so far not one match was abandoned once we were on the pitch.

One time I had a situation where my opponent just stopped moving, but I think that he just walked away for a bit. As soon I realised he is not there I stopped playing and he was back after a while.

So far so good.
It's funny. After I posted my video here, I played that person again.
He beat me 3-0 and he said the connection is not laggy anymore.:D
He is a better player for me that's for sure, not because he beat me but I know because the way he plays.
I just have doubts that we had laggy game previously.

When I play quick match, I choose "no match restrictions" on network restriction because I will not be able to get connected to any Pa0 player. So all my games are 1 bar connections, except against someone from US who I have 2 bar connections.

I really want to know what's the quality of connection on the other end.. but so far no one is saying that it's different from what I experience on my end,, aside from the one I posted.

Yeah, I might try Basic out to get a feel for it, especially since I use Flamengo/Boca etc, they should be a tad worse than the big ones.

God I wish they would implement a team class filter for Online divisions. I had this amazing match yesterday against Sao Paulo. PA1 and everything, it felt loose and unpredictable in a way the games against Juve/Bayern etc doesn't.
There's no class team restriction on Division?
I'm disappointed if that's the case because that's the main online mode I want to play.
I thought it has restrictions because in the past on Steam, I check some of my online friendly opponent's(who use big teams in online friendly) profiles and I'm surprised that some of them are using weaker teams on their last 5 matches in "division". I thought they are doing that because of the team class restrictions.

I like using big teams in the past but got stressed out with the game speed of big teams vs big teams matches.
Using weaker teams makes the game more relaxing, outcome are more organic and more fun to me.

Last edited:
I really do enjoy it and scoring feels great!

Best for the demo to me is this: full manual (of course), modded fanview cam (I do like the stadium cam a lot, but I found out that I need a bit more height to it, which is too limited in the setting), speed -1, professional.

Yes, on "professional" the scoring variety is much better. I do understand that you play on Pro because it gives you the best challenge for fuma, but for guys like me who want to stick with assisted and have to turn it up to TS or SS to have a worthwhile challenge, this effectively means a limited experience when it comes to scoring.

As @Chris Davies said, it's not even that I am asking for spectacular goals. I want, perhaps, to score a goal like Mason Mount in the Chelsea vs Leicester encounter from last weekend. That ball went fairly straight to the middle of the goal but Schmeichel (who had pulled some amazing, PES-like saves in this match before) went for the wrong post. This contextual granularity seems impossible in PES when it comes to the keepers.

What are your thoughts on the license conversation, no more stadia for any of the licensed leagues etc.? Just out of interest.

I've not played a full PES title since properly since PES 6, Having a look at the list of stadiums it looks quite alot. How many is there? 40-50? How much more do we need? Sure 500 stadiums would be epic but 50 seems alot to me. We only had 8 stadiums on PES 6 for 360 back in the day.

Maybe we get a few DLC stadiums, They done that last year with Ibrox and Parkhead right?

I just wish they could add som more generic english and italian stadiums. I don't care much if stadiums like Celtic Park or De Kuip is available since I never play the Scottish Premier Leauge or Eredivisie. So I won't be playing in those stadiums anyway.

Its pretty poor, yet again, but Im not surprised.
Was expecting nothing less...or just nothing... :LOL: since they put their little announcement "Licenses will include official ball, kits and fuck all else".

Stadiums add a lot to immersion, but Im not as bothered, as I probably should be. Thats because stadiums without atmosphere dont really add much immersion for me, personally. Im skipping most of the intros and I dont see much of the stadiums anyway. And they wont create proper atmosphere, because they dont have licenses. They dont have enough to recreate proper atmosphere in the big leagues and they dont care about small ones.
Edit mode - chants and stadium creator was our hope, but doesnt look like its coming.

I just hope that we can customise all the stadiums - change nets, chair colours, add banners, maybe turf... visually for me that will do.

But you are all right - its really pointless battling for licenses and then do nothing with it. If they added more editing options for teams and gave us stadium creator - they would make more people happy and save a lot of money..

I just wish they could add som more generic english and italian stadiums. I don't care much if stadiums like Celtic Park or De Kuip is available since I never play the Scottish Premier Leauge or Eredivisie. So I won't be playing in those stadiums anyway.
Exactly this. I wouldn't care if they only added generic stadiums, just give us something & give us more variety in stadium size etc.

But you are all right - its really pointless battling for licenses and then do nothing with it. If they added more editing options for teams and gave us stadium creator - they would make more people happy and save a lot of money..
Can this engine cope with a stadium editor? It struggles with the amount of kits you can put into the game from what i have read? Im not a expert here but i know engine's have limits and you cannot just throw anything you want into games without running out of memory. Ian Bell spoke about this issue a few years ago.

No offence intended here but...who actually cares that much? There wouldn’t be official stadia for them. They’d just have the correct kits. We’re in 2019 now not 1999.
If you like play with fake players... It's licences priority, because you can't use real players names.

Can this engine cope with a stadium editor? It struggles with the amount of kits you can put into the game from what i have read? Im not a expert here but i know engine's have limits and you cannot just throw anything you want into games without running out of memory. Ian Bell spoke about this issue a few years ago.
If it doesnt cope - it should.
We are in 2020, pal. Engines were coping with stadium editor 10 years ago, so they should be coping now. Excuses like this are really baffling to me.
I wouldnt expect to be able to build Taj-feckin-Mahal in the game, but simple stadiums, with one or two levels? Absolutely. Id expect to have at least 20-30 slots allocated for the user to create, same as we have fake leagues to edit. This is not expecting miracles, this is how it should be.

It should/does not struggle with "kit limits", Konami just put a limit on "imported images" for some reason.

For example, on PC and jailbroken/modded consoles (last gen and current gen), we can of course edit the database files and "license" every team that is unlicensed. When we do that we can add kits and of course fonts as if it was "original" in the game and when we do it like that we can easily add multiple kits for every team without any problems, meaning we use far more images than we can "import" without any trouble, without having used any slot for the "import images" function.

So, in reality there is no limit if the kits are done in an "official" way (as if they are part of the game and licensed). Again, Konami simply put a limit for the imported images using the edit function for some reason (maybe because those images have to be converted to the usual format used by the game and therefore that process costs the game more energy?).

Anyway, like I said even on the old-gen (PES 2018) we can almost get as much modded content as on PC (if you have a modded console) with many PC files even working on them without problems.

There are a lot of PES patches/mods made for PES 2018 on PS3 and since I also still have a PS3 (which can be easily modded nowadays) while not have a PC capable of running PES nor having the ability to mod on the PS4, I sometimes find myself playing PES 18 on the PS3 simply because of the fact you can mod it (almost) as easily as the PC version. I find myself trying to add/convert stuff from the threads here to PS3 and a lot of them work perfectly. The only downside compared to PC is that there is no sider/livecpk and all the other switchers on the console.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom