eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
you have EA bring out a totally brand new mode in VOLTA and then you look at konami they have interactive menus and match day, konami are an embarrassment

I need your help with something, guys..
Please share, retweet or give some love to this:

Ps. That is, if you agree with me, obviously.
Not forcing anything here.
Ps2. Or "too many fouls" even, not too much...
"i learn english from a book"... :LOL:

Liked and retweeted (and followed too) hopefully our voices will be heard

Played 5 games, not impressed. It's the same game as 19 but slightly slower and with more fouls.

Obsessively defensive Cpu teams swarm like flies to shit when you get near the box yet effortlessly find space at the other end. The few long range shots I got off that weren't blocked went into row Z.

Glad the fouls are being tweaked as there is nothing more pathetic than being penalised for passing the ball. Referees heavily biased to the opposition as usual.

That Corinthians kit is terrifying, hope nothing like that ever comes to the PL.

Played 5 games, not impressed. It's the same game as 19 but slightly slower and with more fouls.

Obsessively defensive Cpu teams swarm like flies to shit when you get near the box yet effortlessly find space at the other end. The few long range shots I got off that weren't blocked went into row Z.

Glad the fouls are being tweaked as there is nothing more pathetic than being penalised for passing the ball. Referees heavily biased to the opposition as usual.

That Corinthians kit is terrifying, hope nothing like that ever comes to the PL.
To be fair to Konami ,even with the ref announcement, it is nothing like 19 or 18 - 19 was abysmal from an AI perspective

Acceptance of the "new control" is the key:))

I hate the new controls when it first came out.
Just like you, I use R2 majority of the time in possession.
For my first few hours playing the demo, it was the worst PES I've played.
I seriously consider quitting PES just because of the control change and not looking forward to try the Demo again.

To be honest, I'm very surprised lot of people here like the demo so much so I tried it again...after a few more tries, I'm slowly but surely able to appreciate and enjoy the game.

Still not fully comfortable with the new control yet but once I've accepted the "change",
I was able to focus more on trying to improve my game instead of getting frustrated with it.

have you tried going back to older pes versions?

my assumption is that the change is so fundamental that it makes it harder to enjoy the older games because of its higher quality gameplay/gfx and because of the control scheme.

learning new controls seems like a hefty price considering that :
- it took me a few months before i was scoring goals when i switched to FUMA in 2014; i.e. initally steep learning curve
- i was applying controls learnt in the later pes' to the earlier versions
- I am still learning and enjoying the 2014-19 control scheme
- knowledge of existing controls means i can concentrate more on exploring finer details of pes like ML player traits etc
- also reasonable similarities to fifa that then make fifa accessible.

the only main sacrifice i can see with sticking with the older games will be the option to play online and i've managed to put that craving aside now.

To be fair to Konami ,even with the ref announcement, it is nothing like 19 or 18 - 19 was abysmal from an AI perspective

AI is better yeah. On the ball it feels exactly the same as the previous monstrosity. Kick and rush with no time or space to do anything unless you play on low difficulty

What a complete utter shambles.

One of the basic controls which is fundamental to how the game plays has been completely cocked up.

Changing R2 to the right analog stick is a mind boggling decision, in total disbelief there's no option to change the controls back to "original".

I surely can't be the only one who uses the R2 button 95% of the time when in possession..

It's like they're forcing everyone to play like braindead Wally's.

No way the game can ship with these controls, completely unplayable.

It's like a complete piss take to the loyal fans.

Jim.
I share your frustration in the sense that i used the R2+RS to knock the ball into touch A LOT and that unless i'm mistaken there's no way to do this, So i'm disappointed in that aspect, I actually didn't mind the dribbling and the controls previously but i am enjoying the new RS to dribble, I'll adjust.

Like Chuny said this is actually the first major control overhaul the game has had since PES 2014 so i can't complain.

try being a wrestling fan and every year you by the new WWE 2K game and they convolute the controls every year for the sake of it.

In wide cam its one of the fastest PES. I have to play it on -1.

In my view this is due to the strange passing physics, being ultra fast in midrange power without (the right amount) of elevation. It drags the game a bit towards the ping-pong feel of PES2017.

This and the first touch error still lacking is what makes the game quite easy to play and dominate teams like Barca with Coco Colo on superstar, even if you play full manual.

you have EA bring out a totally brand new mode in VOLTA and then you look at konami they have interactive menus and match day, konami are an embarrassment

Konami this year has just focused on improving gameplay. No big deal, really. Truly embarassing.

will be even more embarrassing if they stuff it up come release and there is a great chance of that happening

Many are talking about hypothesis, there is nothing confirming that. Remember when everyone was already convinced Pes 2020 was going to be exactly like Pes 2019 just by looking at videos? Jumping to conclusions. It's the same happening now.

We don't know how they tweaked fouls, until the final game release it's all wasted breath.

Besides, i'm 100% certain that if was Konami to introduce Volta the same people now glorifying Fifa would say things like: "what good a futsal mode is if core gameplay is bad?" (i absolutely agree with that). For some of you they just can't win.

Last edited:
come on guys... you know the drill! :WHISTLE:

contrast & compare here: https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/fifa-pes-contrast-compare.75470/
rumours here: https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/fifa-20-rumours-discussion-thread.80260/page-24#post-3414620

1472584613953.gif

Last edited:
i was more referring to different modes, not saying volta is gonna be amazing, but my point is since 2008 modes have been constantly going backwards, to be in the year 2019 and have a master league thats probably the most shallow its ever been in the history of pes is very embarrassing and as for BAL, RIP

Quality over quantity..Doesn’t matter how many modes you have if the gameplay is one dimensional and becomes repetitive after 3 months..

ML definitely needs to step up..If that’s right the core fanbase will be happy...

I just want great gameplay..We had less once but the gameplay was on point,much as it is now.

Like many I’m only interested in playing friends offline and league and master league modes.

Quality over quantity..Doesn’t matter how many modes you have if the gameplay is one dimensional and becomes repetitive after 3 months..

ML definitely needs to step up..If that’s right the core fanbase will be happy...

I just want great gameplay..We had less once but the gameplay was on point,much as it is now.

True, if AI is better and more exciting to play against Master League will become 10x more fun. Adding cutscenes and better transfers will add more flavor and immersion, but what's important most is gameplay. What's good having perfectly realistic transfers, realistic fixtures, official scoreboards, fancy replays, deep training systems if once you play you can feel no difference at all between your new and the old players, if you can't feel the players are improving after training?

P
This is How I like to defend online. Not sprinting like Crazy towards the ball, but keeping the team in Shape, and Boca Jrs allows me to do that with success as theres good midfield support on defence.

Its worth watching. I guarantee ☺️

Please tell me your user settings? Are you playing FUMA?

I just want great gameplay..We had less once but the gameplay was on point,much as it
True, if AI is better and more exciting to play against Master League will become 10x more fun. Adding cutscenes and better transfers will add more flavor and immersion, but what's important most is gameplay. What's good having perfectly realistic transfers, realistic fixtures, official scoreboards, fancy replays, deep training systems if once you play you can feel no difference at all between your new and the old players, if you can't feel the players are improving after training?

Exactly..This is why ps2 ML holds up so well today as does the AI(still very playable A.I. and Pes2020’s AI is very similar based on the demo)..

Bodes well for the full release.

What I would do for the j league pro_too..

Do I miss those days of a grey import on a Japanese ps2 and those j-league club championship additions they used to release annually..

Nostalgia!
yes, i'd love to have the J-League back as well! a lot of good memories from the past go with that!

edit: let me get back to that once more...:P
so, what exactly would you do, @DigitalByDesign !? :LOL: i'm curious now! :D

Last edited:
FFS. Then there's any wonder why there's such a divide with this game. The immature and uneducated whining that

• "It's too slow
    "Too many fouls"
    "I can't score from 30 yards every game anymore - Shootings broken"
    "Update Messi hair plz"
The fouls situation really pisses me off, There's nothing wrong with it, People just need to accept the fact that this is football, Fouls are a thing, The referee isn't always correct & that you can't just passively hold the press button passively and just expect your defender to just clatter into someone and soak the ball back up with no consequence - This demo has shown promising glimpses of God mode football being phased out only for the myClub pussies to protest and threaten to boycott.

Granted there's times when you get wiped out and no foul and times when you clip a player and it's a penalty, But that & dodgy collision detection will always be a part of football video games until the end of the world.

I say it over & over again but 1 simple solution is to give the user CHOICE. Have an option for referee strictness or foul frequency or something. It's a complicated subject but hypothetically they could give us sliders so if people wanna play blitzball and PA3 isn't enough for you then you either crank a passing accuracy slider all the way up and if you still throw a strop at mis-placing passes then maybe football games just aren't for you.
I wouldn't say it's immature and uneducated whining at all.

That fact is that football is an incredibly divisive sport anyway. What you might consider to be a foul or a great goal, won't be the same as someone else.

If you were to ask 100 people "what is the most important thing in a football game?" you'd get so many different answers - realism, playing as my favourite players, licenses, 30 yard screamers, amazing face scans, physics, skill moves, tactical options, etc, etc. Not everyone's idea of fun is listening to ref blow his whistle every 5 seconds, and you'll find just as many people who love the fanciful things like beating 5 players with Ronaldo, as you do people who love gameplay as close to a sim as possible. I remember finding it hilarious listening to fans a few years ago talk about net physics like they're the most important thing in the world.

I totally agree with you that players should have a choice, and be able to set the game up to play by the rules that they want, but that only applies to offline. You still need to pick a setting that will apply to everyone when playing online matches.

Personally, I have no problem with the number of fouls in the game, but I don't like the inconsistency between what players and the AI can get away with. I'd be happy to make the ref a bit more strict with the AI, and a bit more lenient with the player.

Like many I’m only interested in playing friends offline and league and master league modes.

theres been no quality for over 10 yrs, if you cant provide quality then provide different modes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom