eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a complete utter shambles.

One of the basics controls which is fundamental to how the game plays has been completely cocked up.

Changing R2 to the right analog stick is a mind boggling decision, in total disbelief there's no option to change the controls back to "original".

I surely can't be the only one who uses the R2 button 95% of the time when in possession..

It's like they're forcing everyone to play like braindead Wally's.

No way the game can ship with these controls, completely unplayable.

It's like a complete piss take to the loyal fans.

Jim.

I disagree.
Whilst I still haven't got the slightest clue as to how to take full advantage of R2 and RS + LS yet, there are many people who already have become masters at it as you can see for yourself from the many Youtube videos available.

Sometimes deep changes need to be made in order to progress in the future. Not saying this is the case, as we don't know what the future may hold in 2021, 2022, etc.
But Konami have proven to be resilient to big changes. They have kept the same controls scheme for as far as I can remember, adding little or no new mapping or functionality to it. This is the first big change, and I understand your frustration, I feel it too, but I also think that it's one of those things that will pay off if you dedicate yourself to learning it inside out. It's a steep learning curve with so many options and so much potential.

Had a shit load of injuries on pes 19 (very short) ML.
Had four players out 1-3 months on all of them.
Think injuries were a fine on it

I mean no disrespect, but this is a classic reply of "I don't have this problem" which immediately kills off any debate. We could have had a meaningful discussion instead on whether the injury system is replicating real life or not - or at least whether it should replicate it in a computer game or not - rather than taking your particular experience (which differs vastly from mine) as a standard, nuff said.

In my opinion injuries like Sané's (who will be out for at least the first half of the season if not the entire one) are not in there. Neither the fact that i.e. Robben was missing almost the entire season and Ribery half of it. Countless other examples.

Anyway, I said myself that it doesn't have much priority, so yes, let's move on.

I pray they didn't ruin final code too much but even if it happened i will resell it few days later. Let's see...

I mean no disrespect, but this is a classic reply of "I don't have this problem" which immediately kills off any debate. We could have had a meaningful discussion instead on whether the injury system is replicating real life or not - or at least whether it should replicate it in a computer game or not - rather than taking your particular experience (which differs vastly from mine) as a standard, nuff said.

In my opinion injuries like Sané's (who will be out for at least the first half of the season if not the entire one) are not in there. Neither the fact that i.e. Robben was missing almost the entire season and Ribery half of it. Countless other examples.

Anyway, I said myself that it doesn't have much priority, so yes, let's move on.
I didn't have any debate with you did I?
Or with anyone else,you stated your experience.
I only wrote what my experiences of Pes 19 ML was!
That's all.
It's a forum where opinions can vary,your truth may be bullshit in others eyes,so could mine!

In my opinion injuries like Sané's (who will be out for at least the first half of the season if not the entire one) are not in there
Sorry, pal, but I need to back Ricky up here.
This is my Master League, when I still had hopes for Pes19.
20190214_234020.jpg
Have a look at the time duration as well.
One of my injuries was 11 weeks, one 9 and the third one 4. All of them were in-game injuries, not some in-between matches menu-info bullcrap.
On top of that - All of them were strikers, which crippled my attacking force big time.
I thought injuries on 19 were nicely balanced.

Edit: oh yeah.. and two players with red cards.. thats why I took this picture. I had 5 players down from my starting 11.. good times.. before my soul was crushed by AI.. :LOL:

View attachment 18283
One of my injuries was 11 weeks, one 9 and the third one 4. All of them were in-game injuries, not some in-between matches menu-info bullcrap.
On top of that - All of them were strikers, which crippled my attacking force big time.

Edit: oh yeah.. and two players with red cards.. thats why I took this picture. I had 5 players down from my starting 11.. good times.. before my soul was crushed by AI.. :LOL:
That was a lovely time (DP 4 right)
Back then we both loved it,how fast that died:)
Thanks man,I felt that injuries was something they got right in that game (not much else though)
I had three players out for three months at one time,and one for two,and one at 1 month.
Haven't really seen that before (or in some other game)

Ps started a Super League a few days back as Rangers,with only top teams in both divisions,still plays rubbish

I have to agree with the fellas above. Had a brief ML, J-League adventure last year and also had my share of injuries. Can't remember more than 3 months, but it's probably the best it was in term of injuries of this gen.

I'd bring back mild injuries tho. I'd love to see players playing through them once again as it was in the past. There would be ground for some epic depth.

So on the back of Adams I've played the final version don't worry tweet I asked for a screenshot if AI fouls still waiting

I have to agree with the fellas above. Had a brief ML, J-League adventure last year and also had my share of injuries. Can't remember more than 3 months, but it's probably the best it was in term of injuries of this gen.

I'd bring back mild injuries tho. I'd love to see players playing through them once again a it was in the past. There would be ground for some epic depth.
Strangest thing for me on my ML (Pes 18) got injured,came back scored a goal and all was fine,after the game,3 months out!
I'd rather see light injuries more often than 3-4 heavy ones.
Then again,19 had a pretty good (perhaps the best of modern games) injury system

I didn't have any debate with you did I?
Or with anyone else,you stated your experience.
I only wrote what my experiences of Pes 19 ML was!
That's all.
It's a forum where opinions can vary,your truth may be bullshit in others eyes,so could mine!

No, we didn’t have a debate. That’s precisely what I deplored, especially since I appreciate you as a quite experienced forum member and knowledgeable PES player.

I didn’t doubt your experience, neither did I call it bullshit. I only said that I can’t confirm what you said. These are not really opinions but rather facts which do, for some reason, not add up and which could be a starting point of such a debate.

But it’s all good. I am probably just in a grumpy mood today because I played into the late hours, yesterday.

No, we didn’t have a debate. That’s precisely what I deplored, especially since I appreciate you as a quite experienced forum member and knowledgeable PES player.

I didn’t doubt your experience, neither did I call it bullshit. I only said that I can’t confirm what you said. These are not really opinions but rather facts which do, for some reason, not add up and which could be a starting point of such a debate.

But it’s all good. I am probably just in a grumpy mood today because I played into the late hours, yesterday.
Thanks brother,i really appreciate your thoughts and input here as well.
I feel that there's a lot of people that's ok with what Pes 19 got on the table injury wise,could it be better?
Yes,but compared to Pes 18 and backwards it's a step up.
Yes,I've slept rubbish too man:)
All good?
I wish that we can have a more in-depth discussion once the game is released.
All the best

View attachment 18283

Thanks for showing this. But going back to my original post where I specifically mentioned Sané (and my experience with Diamé in FIFA), I wasn’t talking about 11 weeks or 3 months. I was rather talking about 6-8 months, or a whole season. Tolisso is another example. He was out nearly 2 seasons if I remember correctly (not that I would want that in the game).

Thanks for showing this. But going back to my original post where I specifically mentioned Sané (and my experience with Diamé in FIFA), I wasn’t talking about 11 weeks or 3 months. I was rather talking about 6-8 months, or a whole season. Tolisso is another example. He was out nearly 2 seasons if I remember correctly (not that I would want that in the game).
Yes. That is true. But you said what I think in the last bit. We would be entering dangerous territory of absolute pain in the bollox. :LOL:
3 months is long enough. But i would like to see above mentioned light injuries, or players coming back after injury still at risk, like in Fifa. That would add some depth.

Adam's giving it the big licks on Twitter, hopefully his words come to fruition. I kind of respect his ballsy approach this year. He's come out and cut dead rumours and speculation before it gets out of hand. A welcome change.

I might be stupid but that make no sense right? Why gather feedback if there already is a final version ready? Because if this feedback was for a day one patch Adam can't claim the things he do.

That was a lovely time (DP 4 right)
I'll never forget that.

Going on holiday in the middle of nowhere (no internet) and taking the PS4 for some early morning PES 2019 (which I'd bought second hand and wasn't expecting to enjoy) and thinking "oh my God, DP4 really has worked wonders like people said".

Coming home, connecting it back up to the ethernet cable, a patch downloading automatically and thinking "ah it'll probably be fine".

Bang. :(

I'll never forget that.

Going on holiday in the middle of nowhere (no internet) and taking the PS4 for some early morning PES 2019 (which I'd bought second hand and wasn't expecting to enjoy) and thinking "oh my God, DP4 really has worked wonders like people said".

Coming home, connecting it back up to the ethernet cable, a patch downloading automatically and thinking "ah it'll probably be fine".

Bang. :(
Yes,I remember your frustration there Chris.
We both enjoyed it ,and quite a lot of others to.
Booom! Lead pipe to the back of the head.

I can’t remember any patch (for Pes) making any game so bad.
They patched up 17 nicely,even though it was pretty good from the start,they made 18 playable,and for me a keeper.
But 19,crap from the start,made it better,then unplayable again,I even started a new ML the other day,only top teams in both divisions,to see if t could play better with highly ranked teams but it was the same mess.
Worst football game bought (with Pes 2009)

They should patch the demo if they're going to change anything.
I don't think the fouls thing in the notes is anything to start worrying about yet. It doesn't say they're reducing fouls - in a perfect world, they'll just ensure the AI gets pinged for fouls as often as human players. That's the only thing I've seen at the moment that could use tweaking - not the number of fouls.

Just learning when to do and timing slide tackles without a foul. Newer felt so great in football games. Kind of art its own. And if they nerf this.....
If they really going to fuck this then I just stay with this demo. Masterpiece!
Worried now that vanilla game has already changed considering Adam's tweet.

Beating many right now with Boca Juniores by playing more defensively with more tatical and positioning awereness :DD

67815875_2919630554718665_3813455587572711424_n.jpg

EBfFi6hW4AYqya0

Last edited:
Adam's giving it the big licks on Twitter, hopefully his words come to fruition. I kind of respect his ballsy approach this year. He's come out and cut dead rumours and speculation before it gets out of hand. A welcome change.

Well at least they communicate with fans this year; just hope they listen to people who really love a footbal game and not a flipper one. I'm slightly more optimistic than past years.

What a complete utter shambles.

One of the basic controls which is fundamental to how the game plays has been completely cocked up.

Changing R2 to the right analog stick is a mind boggling decision, in total disbelief there's no option to change the controls back to "original".

I surely can't be the only one who uses the R2 button 95% of the time when in possession..

It's like they're forcing everyone to play like braindead Wally's.

No way the game can ship with these controls, completely unplayable.

It's like a complete piss take to the loyal fans.

Jim.
Acceptance of the "new control" is the key:))

I hate the new controls when it first came out.
Just like you, I use R2 majority of the time in possession.
For my first few hours playing the demo, it was the worst PES I've played.
I seriously consider quitting PES just because of the control change and not looking forward to try the Demo again.

To be honest, I'm very surprised lot of people here like the demo so much so I tried it again...after a few more tries, I'm slowly but surely able to appreciate and enjoy the game.

Still not fully comfortable with the new control yet but once I've accepted the "change",
I was able to focus more on trying to improve my game instead of getting frustrated with it.

Last edited:
This is How I like to defend online. Not sprinting like Crazy towards the ball, but keeping the team in Shape, and Boca Jrs allows me to do that with success as theres good midfield support on defence.

Its worth watching. I guarantee ☺️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom