eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going "bananas" because it is a movie already seen countless times in the past.

I'd be more than happy if they just addressed wrong collisions that led to fouls and leave the rest as it is. But would you bet it will play out like that? Because in the past it rarely if ever happened, especially with fouls, where Konami is pretty much all or nothing.

It's also frustrating that they only hurry for some kind of feedback while they completely ignore others. I bet inertia will be next in line.. lol

Wait what is going on here? What patch notes? They're taking out the fouls???
What? They are patching the demo? Has any company ever done this before?

edit: Just seen it's day one patch.

Hopefully they do something about the stamina offline as well, Having half your team completely knackered after 37 minutes is nonsense. Todays footballers are conditioned to last a full 90 no problem it's not the 70s anymore where players are done in on fags and booze half the time.

And you think its strange that people goes bananas?
With their track record?
Pretty fair reaction from people imo

I think it's overreaction for the most part, considering this year the demo seems to show they've balanced many of the things we've been craving for, for so long. Like pace, foot planting, freedom, weight, individuality.

So unless they just created this demo to please us, but were already thinking of changing everything for the full game, I can't see why there's such a distrust now.

I know they've done this in the past, but I don' think they ever released a demo like this one only to change everything in the full release. They might speed it up a notch? Probably. They might reduce shooting error? Probably. But change the whole of it when the feedback has been so positive? And when we know Adam, for one, thinks like we do about this one?.

I think it's overreaction for the most part, considering this year the demo seems shows they've balanced many of the things we've been craving for, for so long. Like pace, foot planting, freedom, weight, individuality.

So unless they just created this demo to please us, but were already thinking of changing everything for the full game, I can't see why there's such a distrust now.

I know they've done this in the past, but I don' think they ever released a demo like this one only to change everything in the full release. They might speed it up a notch? Probably. They might reduce shooting error? Probably. But change the whole of it when the feedback has been so positive? And when we know Adam, for one, thinks like we do about this one?.
They've taken a risk this year and made a big change so it's unsurprising that they're a little twitchy and have released a statement like that. Because it's such a risk, it worries me that they'll completely revert to type and we'll be back where we started.

Could well be wrong but Konami aren't one for finding a comfortable middle ground.

Maybe they released that official statement precisely for that reason.
Perhaps it's a way to get feedback on this particular matter.
They were probably getting tons of feedback (good and bad) on fouls. So by talking about it, they'll see if people embrace the idea of reducing them, or if they get heat from people like us.

I don't know, I just can't see them reverting the whole thing this time. But maybe I'm being too naive once again.

I’m not getting either game on release day this year, f**k that.

And if I do buy either (or both), it won’t be digital again. I need to be able to exchange the game if it’s bad.

@Chuny when you think each year for the last 4 (at least) they made the retail worse than the demo based on THE SAME type of twitter feedback... i’ll say again, i think we are entitled to go bananas.

I mean, maybe i’m overreacting BUT, i waited for so long to actually play a PES that it’s close or even better compared to the game that made me play over and over (PES6)....

I am still confident. This time I am counting on their inability to make changes which they boldly announce, like in the case of the AI low-cross “fix” they promised with the first patch last year which never really materialized.

On another note, and with news of Sané’s grave injury as a backdrop (or Kane’s earlier): there need to be more serious and long-lasting injuries in the game which force you to adjust your strategy and transfer planning. I mean, it’s not really top priority, but would add to realism.

Obviously referring to ML here.

The demo code is a great example of when in development terms.You pull the cake out of the oven when it’s just right..

There’s a real danger here imo of overcooking..

I don’t believe there’s anything wrong with the foul system in place as it currently is.Nor are there any holes or flies on the gameplay.Its balanced and solid imo.Even the AI is arresting and enjoyable to play on the harder levels.Once everything clicks into place and you play football.

This is the best football game I’ve played for 12 years,period...and I’ve played enough pes on the ps2 and still do.

Modes and feature set aside..There really isn’t anything else like this interms of next level digital football for me.

Last edited:
On another note, and with news of Sané’s grave injury as a backdrop (or Kane’s earlier): there need to be more serious and long-lasting injuries in the game which force you to adjust your strategy and transfer planning. I mean, it’s not really top priority, but would add to realism.

Obviously referring to ML here.

Definitely. I've seen a few injuries in the demo so hoping for an improvement on 2019 in terms of injury details in ML.

So if Adams playing the final game he's insinuating it's already been patched with that statement?
You'd imagine that 4 weeks from release they'd be testing the patch out extensively.
He always said for years that it takes a while for approval from Sony for patches so they can't leave it much longer.

The demo code is a great example of when in development terms.You pull the cake out of the oven when it’s just right..

There’s a real danger here imo of overcooking..

I don’t believe there’s anything wrong the foul system in place as it currently is.Nor are there any holes or flies on the gameplay.Its balanced and solid imo.Even the AI is arresting and enjoyable to play on the harder levels.Once everything clicks into place and you play football.
Totally agree but so many are moaning about it that really it seems we are the minority. For me i quite like the fact the ref gets some fouls wrong adds a bit of human'ness to him rather than clinical AI that gets nothing wrong.

I think it's overreaction for the most part, considering this year the demo seems shows they've balanced many of the things we've been craving for, for so long. Like pace, foot planting, freedom, weight, individuality.

I see what you're committing Ng from/mean.
But I think most people are quite hardened with Pes ,remember Pes 18 demo and full release?
But I understand what you mean and agree on most parts of it,but I also understand our reaction

Totally agree but so many are moaning about it that really it seems we are the minority. For me i quite like the fact the ref gets some fouls wrong adds a bit of human'ness to him rather than clinical AI that gets nothing wrong.

More then anything it highlights the majority want every decision to go in there favour.To always be able to press the ball carrier hard.

There’s the odd inconsistency in the collision system(naturally)but overall there is a real ness that you highlight.

I’ve seen the bad.I’ve also seen someone win the ball and take a bit of the man and not wonder when he’s the last defender.Why the refs favoured the cpu..The cpu also doesn’t win every call.I barely use X and can win the ball with just good stick control..I’ve timed some lovely blocks and tackles with X though without penalty consistently.

It’s these people that don’t always understand context.Ive even seen the ref show deliberate bias and get a lot of calls right.

Last edited:
Adam's giving it the big licks on Twitter, hopefully his words come to fruition. I kind of respect his ballsy approach this year. He's come out and cut dead rumours and speculation before it gets out of hand. A welcome change.

Lol you’re the one that called me an elitist on reddit. Also, that’s my tweet lmao

I had my first injury today. Leg problem; so I took him off.

I am talking about many months, though. The most I got in 2019 was “is out until the end of November due to a strained shoulder” in mid-November.

I remember in the other game last season I had Diamé out for 8 months. Really frustrating. But it could add to the storyline. Look at Lucas Moura becoming the hero for Tottenham due to Kane’s injury - only to be placed on the bench in the final. What a tragedy.

Edit: doesn’t make much sense for exhibition matches, arguably.

Last edited:
I am talking about many months, though. The most I got in 2019 was “is out until the end of November due to a strained shoulder” in mid-November.

I remember in the other game last season I had Diamé out for 8 months. Really frustrating. But it could add to the storyline. Look at Lucas Moura becoming the hero for Tottenham due to Kane’s injury - only to be placed on the bench in the final. What a tragedy.

Had a shit load of injuries on pes 19 (very short) ML.
Had four players out 1-3 months on all of them.
Think injuries were a fine on it

Does anyone know of any new legends this year?

Also, does anyone know if the "Legend Edition" app square will feature Ronaldinho, or will it just be the normal version?

I recThis game will be fantastic (in 2020

Tottenham demo : Games vs Man City and Ajax
Tottenham final release : joke of a CL final

Tottenham demo : Moura
Tottenham final release : just-back-from-injury Kane

Tottenham demo : Two horse race
Tottenham final release : Third place

I might as well preorder PES 2020 just to keep up tradition

Lol you’re the one that called me an elitist on reddit. Also, that’s my tweet lmao
I am.
Calling other players 'noobs' because they disagree with your viewpoint makes you one.

I actually agree with you in terms of wanting fouls to remain frequent (although perfected more than they currently are). You'd be better making your point without resorting to childish name-calling. :SAL:

Guys no one answered me yet, can we confirm that input lag is very apparent and annoying on day matches... this has been a plague since pes 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom