eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been playing with PA1 all this time with the demo and really enjoy it (although it would be perfect if PA1 was a tad bit less assisted) but do you guys who tried manual feel it still has some impact from stats?

I have been playing with PA1 all this time with the demo and really enjoy it (although it would be perfect if PA1 was a tad bit less assisted) but do you guys who tried manual feel it still has some impact from stats?
don't think it effects it that much, I've scored some great goals with the right players on manual

I just have this feeling...it’s been the same way for 5 years the demo or early code being better than the final game...I just know deep within the sperm located in my loins that they will fuck it up
Have this already prepared

DenseHandyIchidna-size_restricted.gif

Lovely.

I went ahead and tweeted in Japanese straight to Japan HQ as well. Because why not :D

Do you speak Japanes Lami?!

There s definitely no reward in this game for dominating the possession and the chances, because simply degea is an overpowered goal keeper ,he s made about 14 saves from those chances i did, it is simply overblown should be toned down, 21 chances with only 1 _0 score...

There s definitely no reward in this game for dominating the possession and the chances, because simply degea is an overpowered goal keeper ,he s made about 14 saves from those chances i did, it is simply overblown should be toned down, 21 chances with only 1 _0 score...

I dunno man, I'm a Newcastle fan and last season we lost 1-0 against a team that we had like 25 shots against, it was ridiculous, I can't for the life of me remember what team it was, but these things happen sometimes. Sometimes goalkeepers have absolute blinders!

Is it me or the pitch looks radioactive?! it’s honestly so bright, my eyes hurt, sometimes I can’t bring myself to play because of it. It’s so annoying, I don’t think I’m gonna buy it, if it’s just like that in the final game. I tried to change the settings, the game just looks worst going with lower brightness, the textures of the pitch just gets worse, I see horrible dots and the lighting is all over the place, and i can’t find a middle ground for it. I tied my tv settings, I still can’t find the right one for it, they need to fix it, I have seen some people feedback it on twitter, but it’s not as requested, the guys playing it on PC it looks much different graphically in a good way. I feel like they are gonna neglect this, and I will just not buy it, if they don’t fix it. I just can’t sit through it no matter how good the gameplay is. I can’t believe a game on the biggest gaming console has the worst graphics of all, I have seen better with the older versions. So it’s no excuse.
Definitely.
I’m on PC so I’ve just added reshade to it. If your TV has different pre-set options you could try setting one up where the colour saturation and contrast is toned down a little bit. May then need to up the brightness a bit to make up for it.

That’s what I’d do cos you’re right, the pitch is bright and the players all look like they have a desk lamp beaming straight onto their faces.

I dunno man, I'm a Newcastle fan and last season we lost 1-0 against a team that we had like 25 shots against, it was ridiculous, I can't for the life of me remember what team it was, but these things happen sometimes. Sometimes goalkeepers have absolute blinders!
Ha! I’m a Spurs fan and had to watch TIm Krul at Newcastle break the record of most saves vs us :D this idea that possession equals a deserved win is nothing but a myth.

:LOL:

Funny now, but If it really happened, I'd really feel like AJ.

A little bit :)

This is the most painful and most funny scenario so this will happen :D
Vanilla game will be just like the demo
1.01 will fix issues like less direct ai for teams with possession tactic, overpowered freekicks, glitches....however it will have less fouls, will be more responsive, will be more simple arcadey:D

Quite enjoyed flicking through Twitter feedback post today and seeing that the majority of the responses are loving and praising the game, most of the posts saying don't change it. There were a few talking about the fouls and refs but not too many. Fortunately the complaints about error and pace don't see too prevalent. I am hoping konami see what a good thing they have stumbled on to here and don't mess it up!

The worse case secario is that they bottle it and it goes to a 19 hybrid with no fouls and slightly better AI. That will be a nightmare as we now know they can implement fouls. Error etc but decide not to

If the game releases and is the same or very similar to the demo I may just stick a decent option file on it and leave it in it's original state by turning off any updates. Wouldn't be too much of an issue for me as predominantly an offline player. I know I'd be giving up any additional content added but I think I can live without it if the game is good.
Obviously it would be nice to try out any patches or updates but the fact we can't revert back to the vanilla version & still add option files is off putting and a worry if they patch the game to a state I dislike.

In the new lelly vid, he shows few instances where despite positioning the defender in a passing lane, they sometime fail to intercept the ball or the ball bounces/goes through the leg. This is my biggest gripe in fifa as well.

In the new lelly vid, he shows few instances where despite positioning the defender in a passing lane, they sometime fail to intercept the ball or the ball bounces/goes through the leg. This is my biggest gripe in fifa as well.

This has happened since time began in PES, annoying but kinda got used to it

The game's broken. I played a game last night as Arsenal v Man Utd and made 3 tackles with Ozil. Where's the realism? :LOL:

Seriously though, although I hadn't played it since Saturday, I thoroughly enjoyed the game I had last night, lost 2-1 in a really close game. AI played well, no ping pong passing, no cheating (was only on professional though so?) I thought to myself during the game, this is the most fun I've had with a PES game since PES6. Just hope the final build is not screwed up and the ML isn't ruined by AI scripting etc. I will wait and watch anyway.

It does happen though, although I would hope it would be rare, but remember this game, 3-1 to Man Utd.

stat.JPG

Reactions: OBH
Truly amazing stuff. I played Juventus on Superstar, Ronaldo all but shit for most of the match, so pissed off that he eventually hacks down Süle after the latter pulls and holds him to win the ball. Only gets a yellow and moves on to score the winner in the 87th minute, Juve bench exploding.

Felt like the second leg of a CL semi. Best thing was: I lost to a computer team, but it felt so plausible and dramatic, I had a smile on my face. Even envisioned the post match press clippings (German press: if Ronaldo would have rightfully gotten a red card... Italian press: CR7 destroys Bayern in another moment of absolute genius... British press: Ronaldo's rocket destroys German tanks).

I don't care what a former PES online champion wants. This is what I want and it's absolute class, despite of the few remaining annoyances.
That’s a perfect example of why I play this game!! Lovely!! :)

Truly amazing stuff. I played Juventus on Superstar, Ronaldo all but shit for most of the match, so pissed off that he eventually hacks down Süle after the latter pulls and holds him to win the ball. Only gets a yellow and moves on to score the winner in the 87th minute, Juve bench exploding.

Felt like the second leg of a CL semi. Best thing was: I lost to a computer team, but it felt so plausible and dramatic, I had a smile on my face. Even envisioned the post match press clippings (German press: if Ronaldo would have rightfully gotten a red card... Italian press: CR7 destroys Bayern in another moment of absolute genius... British press: Ronaldo's rocket destroys German tanks).

I don't care what a former PES online champion wants. This is what I want and it's absolute class, despite of the few remaining annoyances.
I mean. This is incredible, that's what I want from a football game. Brilliant video.

The whole game hinges on the AI, for me. A five minute demo isn't enough to really judge it (I'm not on PC), but I'm really, really worried that we're all going to be sat here in a month's time saying we're top-four of the league with any team we pick in the ML.

I also worry that the AI still doesn't really use build-up play, with any team (on Superstar at least, which I have to play on for a challenge in this demo - otherwise I'm getting 60%-70% possession every game).

Watch this video @gabe.paul.logan very kindly put together for us - look at his build-up play, which looks brilliant (1m58s). Then watch what the AI does as soon as it gets possession (2m15s):

But it's not just a one-off, a counter-attack. They do the same at 4m36s. Get the ball to a winger, pass in straight lines forward, get the ball to the striker ASAP. I could time-stamp all instances of it and some would still say "well in this bit, they don't do it" - but most of the time they do.

And you could say "it's their tactics" - but this is what Barcelona do to me in the demo.

If you're a Master League player I think you'd be mad to pre-order - but the second someone tells me they're ten games in with Newcastle and in the bottom five of the league (with the AI playing in different ways)... I'm running out the door to buy it.

i will not preorder (like always) and i will not get it day one either (wich i did every year before)! :)
but thats just because i'll be back from vacation on Sept. 12th! ;))
when my plane touched ground in Frankfurt that thursday morning, i'll head straight into the next store and grab my copy! i will, by then, read all your early impressions on the final version during my flight back home! :D

demo fun till vacation - vacation fun till final release - final release fun...!

Playing the regular stadium cam!
I just upped the zoom to 4 (2 beeing standard). That’s all for now. Tried to work with the height,l; couldn’t find anything that was better, so left it on standard for now.

The stadium cam has some probs swinging the right amount sometimes. But this happens not to much...

What´s your setting on angle? Default?
I find it hard, getting a good line in between visuals and passing on FUMA.
I took it down to 3.

That´s great, man!

If I don´t see such things in the full game no more.....then no one can help KONAMI.
NO ONE CAN!!!

This is the most painful and most funny scenario so this will happen :D
Vanilla game will be just like the demo
1.01 will fix issues like less direct ai for teams with possession tactic, overpowered freekicks, glitches....however it will have less fouls, will be more responsive, will be more simple arcadey:D
If the Vanilla version is like the demo then that's great. At least then I can just delete all patches and go back to Vanilla. If not and it's a worse game.... well you know the rest.

It was the news discussion thread up until the demo's release, don't forget. ;)
And the rumours discussion before that :D
Absolutely!
Noticed that too, even though in real life he's pretty much a vegetable.
You're all actually right, Coutinho in this year's game is amazing, contrary to his real life state :P
Must have something to do with PlayerID.
I remember when Adam and someone else (maybe Robbye) were playing the game, he pointed out how Messi looked disinterested when the ball was far from him, or when the other team had the ball and he said something like "like in real life" (which threw me off, given he's their main man this year) and then the ball went to him and he took 2 or 3 rivals and he said "see? like in real life" or something very much like that.
Yup, I was watching the stream when they said this. And it was right, Messi was 'signature' walking around when the ball was in his own half, then came to life when it came into the final third.

I mean. This is incredible, that's what I want from a football game. Brilliant video.

The whole game hinges on the AI, for me. A five minute demo isn't enough to really judge it (I'm not on PC), but I'm really, really worried that we're all going to be sat here in a month's time saying we're top-four of the league with any team we pick in the ML.

I also worry that the AI still doesn't really use build-up play, with any team (on Superstar at least, which I have to play on for a challenge in this demo - otherwise I'm getting 60%-70% possession every game).

Watch this video @gabe.paul.logan very kindly put together for us - look at his build-up play, which looks brilliant (1m58s). Then watch what the AI does as soon as it gets possession (2m15s):

But it's not just a one-off, a counter-attack. They do the same at 4m36s. Get the ball to a winger, pass in straight lines forward, get the ball to the striker ASAP. I could time-stamp all instances of it and some would still say "well in this bit, they don't do it" - but most of the time they do.

And you could say "it's their tactics" - but this is what Barcelona do to me in the demo.

If you're a Master League player I think you'd be mad to pre-order - but the second someone tells me they're ten games in with (e.g.) Newcastle and in the bottom five of the league (and the AI hasn't been winning by cheating)... I'm running out the door to buy it.

Great video gabe..In fairness,watching the cpu AI in the vid.It doesn’t do a bad job and is fairly proficient.There’s error and it’s using the space well..Maybe a little to direct at times.There could be more reverse passing and moving the ball from side to side.There are times also where the cpu AI gives the ball away to easily.Reminds me a lot of the ps2 for a lower star team.Proficient.

That said,there’s nothing ground breaking and rather then there focus being on gameplay adjustments based on demo feedback.I hope..there’s been a lot of focus on this in the last stages of development.

It’s the difference between a great game that lacks depth and longevity because of basic proficient cpu AI..Or greatness that will stand the test of time because it’s backed up by AI in single player,that’s varied and demonstrates all the quality assets of the players.Without reverting to cheating or over scripting.

I’m not finding the cpu easy to beat though on superstar,and there’s no flies there interms of how defensively solid it is and how it breaks down my play.Ive not used pa1 though so I don’t know how much easier it makes the game.

Last edited:
What´s your setting on angle? Default?
I find it hard, getting a good line in between visuals and passing on FUMA.
I took it down to 3.

That´s great, man!

If I don´t see such things in the full game no more.....then no one can help KONAMI.
NO ONE CAN!!!
said it before, i'm playing the default stadium cam that came with the demo! only thing i changed was zooming a little bit closer (2 to 4)! left the angle and height as it was!

it took me some time getting used to it, but i hammered the demo like crazy (i mean like a rough 15-40 matches each day (maybe more))!
i just love it! :LOVE:
now i feel i dont produce more passing error than i would with the default 2019 cam!

I think generally the build up is decent especially when you make an effort to close spaces. I see back passes, at times players that try to "reason" a bit, different solutions when they arrive near the box. For me, always keeping in mind that it's a demo with a time patch (so it's reasonable to believe in a proper, longer match it will different, even if in games like the Watford-Newcastle one Gabe posted among the others I already see good things in this regard), it's enough.

Then yes, there is a certain directness as the underlying philosophy, no deny it, but as it is now I don't particularly mind. Pes 2013 had a pretty direct CPU and I played it with a passion. If they keep the "environment" as good and they make AI a bit less passive I'm super sold anyway. Besides, I remember for how criticized they were, that custom tactics did a decent job in improving teams even with the (truly) mono dimensional CPU of the last year. I'm hopeful they'll do a good job this year too.

so, the PES Pre-Season Tour of South America was in Peru yesterday, maybe we'll hear news about Peruvian league being licensed (or not) soon!

Konami visited Colombia on 1st August and gave no news about the Colombian league, which is a bit weird.

I think generally the build up is decent especially when you make an effort to close spaces. I see back passes, at times players that try to "reason" a bit, different solutions when they arrive near the box. For me, always keeping in mind that it's a demo with a time patch (so there it's reasonable to believe in a proper, longer match it will different, even if in games like the Watford-Newcastle one Gabe posted among the others I already see good things in this regard), it's enough.

Then yes, there is a certain directness as the underlying philosophy, no deny it, but as it is now I don't particularly mind. Pes 2013 had a pretty direct CPU and I played it with a passion. If they keep the "environment" as good and they make AI a bit less passive I'm super sold anyway. Besides, I remember for how criticized they were, that custom tactics did a decent job in improving teams even with the (truly) mono dimensional CPU of the last year. I'm hopeful they'll do a good job this year too.

It’s certainly feels very human in how it defends,stamps out danger and plays the percentages..I’ve seen some clever decision making also...Takes risks too..More importantly its nice to play against..not a drudge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom