eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this guys first post about the demo, and I'm so, so glad to hear him also say that he thinks the control changes make things awkward when there's no need for it.

It just seems unnatural, and I don't understand why they'd make the R2 button effectively redundant. I'm sure I'll get used to it but I really didn't understand what I was doing until but was explained above

It varies brother..Some games there more passive then others..I think form and condition factors in...Also dependent on how you play and all those moments where build play up breaks down,loose balls etc..It’s not dictated by the passing assistance level.

I’ve had the same teams park the bus then crowd me in my own half..The A.I. does mix it up.

Might I also add that the AI is more aggressive when they up the attack/defense level to red, which they often do when a goal behind.

One of the things I asked for in my feedback was for them to make the behavior of AI on red attack level the AIs default attack/defense level.

I have to say juventus is super overpowered in this game physically, they cannot be that strong physically, and messi, well he needs a higher number when it comes to physicality, he s very very fragile while in real life he s very strong physically compared to his sizs

Truly amazing stuff. I played Juventus on Superstar, Ronaldo all but shit for most of the match, so pissed off that he eventually hacks down Süle after the latter pulls and holds him to win the ball. Only gets a yellow and moves on to score the winner in the 87th minute, Juve bench exploding.

Felt like the second leg of a CL semi. Best thing was: I lost to a computer team, but it felt so plausible and dramatic, I had a smile on my face. Even envisioned the post match press clippings (German press: if Ronaldo would have rightfully gotten a red card... Italian press: CR7 destroys Bayern in another moment of absolute genius... British press: Ronaldo's rocket destroys German tanks).

I don't care what a former PES online champion wants. This is what I want and it's absolute class, despite of the few remaining annoyances.

I have to say juventus is super overpowered in this game physically, they cannot be that strong physically, and messi, well he needs a higher number when it comes to physicality, he s very very fragile while in real life he s very strong physically compared to his sizs

Agree about Messi.
He can easily be shaken off the ball when someone is going toe to toe with him on a sprint.
But stats seem to actually matter (more) this year, so that might be an easy fix!

Truly amazing stuff. I played Juventus on Superstar, Ronaldo all but shit for most of the match, so pissed off that he eventually hacks down Süle after the latter pulls and holds him to win the ball. Only gets a yellow and moves on to score the winner in the 87th minute, Juve bench exploding.

Felt like the second leg of a CL semi. Best thing was: I lost to a computer team, but it felt so plausible and dramatic, I had a smile on my face. Even envisioned the post match press clippings (German press: if Ronaldo would have rightfully gotten a red card... Italian press: CR7 destroys Bayern in another moment of absolute genius... British press: Ronaldo's rocket destroys German tanks).

I don't care what a former PES online champion wants. This is what I want and it's absolute class, despite of the few remaining annoyances.

wow at the celebration. Didnt know this was included. 1st time seeing it.

I won't go into in too much detail again as I've no doubt bored enough people to tears already, but I don't think it's just muscle memory; trying to use finesse dribble and skills is awkward as hell because they both use R2 & right stick in different situations rather than being dedicated to one of the other like 2019.

You know how you hold R2 to do a finesse touch? Imagine if you didn't have to, and instead, if you held the right stick in a direction before you received the ball you'd do it automatically, then to make things better, you could just keep hold of it and you'll seamlessly go into finesse dribble.

You could then dedicate R2 purely to skills. Simple (you could also switch them around so it's essentially 2019, but either way, I wish they'd done one or another as the controls is the only thing that's annoying me about the demo).

Agree fully with this. For me, it's one of the game's biggest negatives, and sometimes I think that Konami looks at FIFA's intuitive control scheme and they choose to be different just for the sake of doing it differently.

Reactions: OBH
If I only knew who is who there..
(Not that it matters in this, particular tweet, just in general.. would be nice to know.. :LOL:)

Sorry man but juve are very overpowered in this game...realism down the toilet

I spoke with Adam. He said he understands our concerns and said not to worry. He def has our back right now but I know he’s not the lead guy he doesn’t have final say on stuff only input. I say we get a evo web twitter post to official PES and Adam representing the community and our fears. Make it sound professional as fuck. Let’s go Chris get to it!
@Chris Davies im not sure how big the twitter
As for Messi...is it me or Coutinho is more lively on the pitch player id wise? (Cpu)

Really enjoying the demo. Haven't played pes as much as I used to the last couple of years, usually picking it up on steep discount sometime in the summer. If the game play stays true to the demo and Master League isn't heavily scripted, I can definitely see this game being played for a long period of time.

Question: With the bundesliga not being in the game, will we be able to use guys like Sancho if they play for their national teams? I'm on console as well. Additionally what camera settings are you all using? Looking for a balance of seeing the field and seeing some of the stadium.

Okay, nobody objected to the tweet content, so here you go, folks. The official Evo-Web feedback tweet.

Please retweet and/or reply if you've anything to add!

I've liked, retweeted and added a comment too. My comment had gotten a couple of likes so far so hopefully it's all helping gain awareness/traction that we think that the demo is in a good place

What about the PES Universe guys? Don’t one of them post here? He can pass a message on for the whole community right, maybe we could write an open letter asking Konami to keep it the same code for full version?

Does anyone know when Konami has showcases for PES 20,I'm thinking it's about time to start revealing contents/licenses soon.
They've got quite good reviews for the demo etc, shouldn't they start taking advantage of that and present some content soon ?

What about the PES Universe guys? Don’t one of them post here? He can pass a message on for the whole community right, maybe we could write an open letter asking Konami to keep it the same code for full version?

True. Would be a great endorsement.
Chris, you need to start befriending other big PES Twitter accounts.
Now that Evo-Web's Twitter is more active, it's might be a good idea for them to engange with us there. God knows half of the shit that people talk about and show-off, come from Evo-Web. There would be 15% of the mods and patches if it wasn't for this site.

Agree fully with this. For me, it's one of the game's biggest negatives, and sometimes I think that Konami looks at FIFA's intuitive control scheme and they choose to be different just for the sake of doing it differently.
Exactly what I said!! I'm certain they’re just forcing themselves to be different.
Good control design is 'layered'; when you hold down one button, it opens up additional options that you wouldn't need unless you're doing that first action.

I’m not sure if they’ve changed it now, but Fifa used to have:
R2 sprint
L2 slow dribble, protect the ball & L2 + X flair pass
R2 & L2 finesse dribble

This is fantastic layered control design for a number of reasons; having three speeds of movement mapped to two shoulder buttons, with one being activated when the other two are pressed together means you can 1) seamlessly move between all 3 movement speeds using only 2 fingers, 2) the middle speed is the combination of buttons, with the two extremes at either end, making it feel natural and intuitive to move between them, and 3) it free's up another button to be used for something else, rather than being needed for finesse dribbling - Great control design

They also had the sense to think "okay, so when the player is moving slowly, what are they most likely going to be considering? Well, as they are going so slow defenders will be near them, so, probably the need to shield the ball, or wanting to do some kind of fancy flick / pass past the defenders" so what did they do? Add shield the ball to the same button you'll already be holding down to move slowly - Great control design.

PES 2019 used to work in a similar fashion, but 2020 has absolutely fucked that up completely:

* You need to let go of left stick to then be able to move freely using finesse dribble?
* You have to hold R2 to enable some skills, which then locks you out of others?
* You hold R2 to do finesse touch, but then finesse dribble (something you'd naturally assume would follow on from this) is something TOTALLY different??
* R2 is also let the ball run through your legs, but sprint, the action you'd also be doing directly after this, is again something TOTALLY different in R1???

There's a reason why 90% of FPS games have near-identical controls. There's a reason why all racing games stopped using X/A as the accelerator - because it works. So what if Konami would have had a similar control scheme to Fifa, you guys have been copying each other for years.

Someone must have given the controller to their dog, because PES 2020's controls are designed for paws, not hands.

Last edited:
L2/LT is now close control on PES, right?.
I notice that as soon as I hold it down players instantly keep the ball closer to his feet.

Just had a great match online on PA0 (manual shooting), and it had a couple of great moments...

87th min equaliser with my best long shot yet, and then nearly stole it in the last minute but for an amazing save from his keeper...

I messed up the final ball but wow!

Since official account on twitter asked i gave them my feedback and told them to fix fouls system, not because i don't like fouls being more frequent, but because it's unbalanced and referees really favor AI.

Never seen a penalty in more than 100 matches i played, that's a real issue.

I'm a bit scared to look at the others answers, i guess there are lots of people complaining about the pace, passing, etc.

L2/LT is now close control on PES, right?.
I notice that as soon as I hold it down players instantly keep the ball closer to his feet.
I don't think so. Some people also believe it shields the ball but I've not found any instances where the player shielded the ball when they wouldn't have done it anyway.

If you're simply walking in a straight line then hold L2 nothing happens, so that leads me to think that it does bugger all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom